Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Regarde Aduck posted:

A freddo for the first person to purposefully run Rhodri Philipps, the 4th Viscount St Davids, the gently caress over and then reverse over him until he is dead. Then send abuse to any surviving family.

I feel this message may run afoul of section 127 of the Communications Act 2003. Be careful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ewan posted:

Is there anywhere that provides a good overview of the Lib Dems' economic ideology, especially how it has (or hasn't) changed since Farron took over? As far as I can tell, he wasn't part of the super-liberal and free-marketeering "Orange Book" wing of the party but I can't really find where he (or the party more broadly) stands. I know people here are quick to dismiss Lib Dems as free marketeers and power-seeking capitalists who will give in on their ideals at any sniff of power, but a lot of this stems from the Clegg days (he was a so-called "Orange Booker", and TBH I can't really find much that suggests that's still where they lie economically.

Any look at the Lib Dem's policy page (http://www.libdems.org.uk/issues) gives you two overwhelming impressions:

1: While the various policies state that there are things to be improved, it is clear that the status quo as it is now is generally acceptable aside from details;
2: There is no overall ideology behind these policies other than a tacit acceptance of neoliberalism, so while Farron & co. might not necessarily be "Orange Book" fans, they certainly don't seem to be critics either.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

quote:

Rhodri Philipps, the 4th Viscount St Davids, wore a tweed gilet over a navy suit

Steal This Look!!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

people are awful pissflaps, this has no bearing on the quality of Labour's leadership.

things people have voted for:

Hitler.
Dictatorship in Turkey.
That nutter in the Philippines.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TACD posted:

Steal This Look!!

not wearing a belt, tie too short.

honestly I expect better from the aristocracy

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

In a fit of rage following his trolling this afteroon Bryn Phillips has announced he's standing as an independent in Sidcup to oppose the hard left Labour party.

He literally got trolled by twitter into standing as an mp.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

people are awful pissflaps, this has no bearing on the quality of Labour's leadership.

The quality of labour's leadership has a bearing on how people vote, awful or not.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

The quality of labour's leadership has a bearing on how people vote, awful or not.

not really, people dont give a gently caress beyond the headlines for the most part.

it's why this whole strong and stable robot thing will probably actually work.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

not really, people dont give a gently caress beyond the headlines for the most part.

Well, yes, it is working.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hm, I feel like theres some kind of thread rule about engaging with pissflaps....

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

JFairfax posted:

I read 'strong and stable' but in my head it's to the tune of 'black and yellow', I'm not sure if the propaganda is working or not tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/joshbythesea/st...-bacon-sandwich

https://twitter.com/youngvulgarian/...-bacon-sandwich

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
to be fair they look like bad chips

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Guavanaut posted:

Is that typical protocol? I would have thought that the Crown Court system, being all about centuries of customs and practice and Georgian wooly hats and The Right Honourable The Master of the Ham Rolls and all that would have been very careful to address the aristocracy 'correctly' evenespecially if they're in the dock.

Well he also managed to call the court "wankers" already too. If the tweed gilet wasn't contempt enough.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
In another world, the Sun prints yet another photograph of Prime Minister Miliband masticating a sarnie, and no one cares.

ronya fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 2, 2017

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Getting photos of politicians eating must be at the top of every photographers list.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I feel like I'm going to have to follow plucky young Bryn Phillips campaign in Sidcup having now read his piece in the Guardian about how he was involved in the 2011 London riots.

quote:

But back in August 2011, to my shame, I played a role in that summer of disorder. I had lost my job, my home, and I was angry with the world. What did I do? I threw a yogurt in the air, I pushed over a shopping trolley and I passed a bottle of stolen wine into the hands of a stranger. Of course my troubles at the time don’t excuse my behaviour, but they do help me understand the crazy choices I made.

Sometime afterwards I presented myself to the police. Though I had injured no one, I was charged with two counts of violent disorder. I was also charged with burglary – non-domestic. This is what those “exemplary sentences” looked like. Yet standing in the dock I knew I had done something wrong and so I simply pleaded guilty.

The face of anarchy in the UK.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jippa posted:

Getting photos of politicians eating must be at the top of every photographers list.

eating cock, yes

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
To be fair, cornish pasties are terrible compared to empanadas, and I'm not budging on this one no matter what you say

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pochoclo posted:

To be fair, cornish pasties are terrible compared to empanadas, and I'm not budging on this one no matter what you say

Dear me.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skinty McEdger posted:

The face of anarchy in the UK.
UKMT May 2017: I pushed over a shopping trolley :anarchists:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pochoclo posted:

there are charms to a plantain empanada, but they are v. different to a cornish pasty.

I actually had empanadas on sunday, a beef one and an aubergine one and they were delicious.

it saddens me that you can't get a 'proper' cornish pasty with a sweet corner in.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Skinty McEdger posted:

In a fit of rage following his trolling this afteroon Bryn Phillips has announced he's standing as an independent in Sidcup to oppose the hard left Labour party.

He literally got trolled by twitter into standing as an mp.

Yikes, this is definitely going to be the biggest unforced error this election.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

quote:

I threw a yogurt in the air, I pushed over a shopping trolley
lmfao

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Is this from that Pepsi ad?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If Milliband can lose over a sandwich...

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Remember, remember!
The Marks and Spencer,
The Trolley pushed and Yogurt thrown;
He wants to be Parliamentary
But this waste of dairy
Should never be forgot!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:cripes:

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/859416596053467136

I think it's time to nuke britain

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving lol at dobbing yourself into the rozzers for throwing yogurt.

Sent to prison for causing a fromage frais.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

If Milliband can lose over a sandwich...

He didn't lose over a sandwich.

That stupid stone dented his chances. I hope who ever come up with the stone realises they had a small part to play in leading us into the mess we are now in.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
well, that was quick

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/859440337017819138

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

LemonDrizzle posted:

well, that was quick

Not really?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Would you destroy civilisation as we know it, murdering several billion humans, in order to save our country? YES OR NO?

To be fair they should just say "of course we would use nuclear weapons to blast an asteroid about to crash on Earth" and then the ball is in their court to clarify that they mean murdering browns.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

The latest ICM poll aptly demonstrates why subsample questions should be taken with several tonnes of salt. More people say the last two weeks have made them less likely to vote Labour than more likely. The opposite is true for voting Tory. However the Tories lost a point in voting intention and Labour gained. With the possible exception of headline voting intention it's all bullshit because people will choose the answer that reflects best on their chosen party.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It's pretty clear that a good proportion of the people responding to these are reflexively hitting whatever button corresponds to THERESA MAY=GOOD and JEREMY CORBYN=BAD. Good polling is really difficult and the responses to these are not an accurate measure of what the question is asking.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

No you see it is Corbyn's fault because the British public is some platonic ideal of rational actor.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jabby posted:

The latest ICM poll aptly demonstrates why subsample questions should be taken with several tonnes of salt. More people say the last two weeks have made them less likely to vote Labour than more likely. The opposite is true for voting Tory. However the Tories lost a point in voting intention and Labour gained. With the possible exception of headline voting intention it's all bullshit because people will choose the answer that reflects best on their chosen party.

Mate, I dunno how you keep not getting the memo but there is no hope, the Tories will win the election so just stop.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Mate, I dunno how you keep not getting the memo but there is no hope, the Tories will win the election so just stop.

That does look very likely, although I'm not sure what it has to do with me thinking partisanship inherently ruins the utility of certain polling questions.

Also despite the near certainty of a Tory majority the whole hope is a lie thing is played out as gently caress, and the closeness of the race will have impacts after the election. I guess if you're not interested in discussing the election you can do something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Plus there's the whole elections fraud prosecutions looming. Who knows where that might lead

• Locked thread