Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Crazy Ted posted:

Among the many doomed and dreadful writing projects I occasionally pretend to be working on is a Bret Easton Ellis-style football novel about a hip, talented, existentially glazed and clueless wonderkid being passed around Europe’s super-clubs by the shady financial powers that run the world game.

The lead character is an interchangeable young star, probably Portuguese, called something generic like Rui Pinto or José Costa. Tattooed and glossed, garlanded with premature honours, his entire private and professional life is owned by a Gestifute-style talent agency. He wears sunglasses and huge headphones and speaks mainly in emojis, while being shuttled from elite subs bench to seven-star hotel, generating endless income without any noticeable interaction with the human world.

I would read this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

blue footed boobie posted:

I would read this.

cant wait for the bit where you find out if hes called Rui Pinto or José Costa

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
That article is racist.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crazy Ted posted:

Among the many doomed and dreadful writing projects I occasionally pretend to be working on is a Bret Easton Ellis-style football novel about a hip, talented, existentially glazed and clueless wonderkid being passed around Europe’s super-clubs by the shady financial powers that run the world game.

The lead character is an interchangeable young star, probably Portuguese, called something generic like Rui Pinto or José Costa. Tattooed and glossed, garlanded with premature honours, his entire private and professional life is owned by a Gestifute-style talent agency. He wears sunglasses and huge headphones and speaks mainly in emojis, while being shuttled from elite subs bench to seven-star hotel, generating endless income without any noticeable interaction with the human world.

Was going to post this

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
a Rui Pinto or a Jose Costa

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

I would read this.

Same, if Bret Easton Ellis actually wrote it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Syncopated posted:

Andy Grey and Richard Keys insert a rat trapped in a plastic pipe into Sian Massey

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Wayne Rooney tells Jose pinto Costa to feed him a cat

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fat gay nonce posted:

I want this to be the title of a thread, any thread

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

julian assflange posted:

I want this to be the title of a thread, any thread

Premier League May:

fat gay nonce posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You like David Luiz and the Blues?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Syncopated posted:

The preseason hotel orgy scene would be loving wild.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Plea to fellow Spurs fans: don't sing that the opposition are 'effing poo poo'. Apart from being stupid and unfunny it risks winding up the opposition and improving them. Gives us a bad name too. All the other singing is great... best atmosphere in the Prem, certainly now the Palace bubble has burst again.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

haha

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

vyelkin posted:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/859113200276705281

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol wrong thread

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Definitely wrong thread and please post more

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

that's just a photo of harry kane

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/859603675303600128

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

holy moly this is bad

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hoo-boy. Another one of these. Is there this level of cross-promotion in Europe at all? 90% of American fans are autists who try to analyze football in the dumbest loving ways.

Which superhero is England left-back Danny Rose? What position would Marshawn Lynch play on a Premier League side? Why Christian Pulisic is just like Anakin Skywalker, and Dortmund is Naboo and Jose Mourinho is the Emperor but Pulisic will join Klopp and the Rebellion and then :commissar:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Hoo-boy. Another one of these. Is there this level of cross-promotion in Europe at all? 90% of American fans are autists who try to analyze football in the dumbest loving ways.

Which superhero is England left-back Danny Rose? What position would Marshawn Lynch play on a Premier League side? Why Christian Pulisic is just like Anakin Skywalker, and Dortmund is Naboo and Jose Mourinho is the Emperor but Pulisic will join Klopp and the Rebellion and then :commissar:

Stop giving Disney these ideas.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

Hang on let me just post my 10,000 word essay on how Philippe Coutinho is just like Harry Potter

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

vyelkin posted:

Hang on let me just post my 10,000 word essay on how Philippe Coutinho is just like Harry Potter

im still waiting

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/693uaz/its_the_end_of_may_arsenal_have_finished_5th_in/

This whole thread. Holy poo poo. It's so bad. The annoying OP; the insane replies. It's so bad. It has everything. I think I may have found it, guys. I think I may have found the highest concentration of bad posts about football on the internet.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/693uaz/its_the_end_of_may_arsenal_have_finished_5th_in/

This whole thread. Holy poo poo. It's so bad. The annoying OP; the insane replies. It's so bad. It has everything. I think I may have found it, guys. I think I may have found the highest concentration of bad posts about football on the internet.

That's not a link to this forum

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Idk about fan stuff, but United have done a bunch of movie commercials with Rooney playing a part etc.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Syncopated posted:

Idk about fan stuff, but United have done a bunch of movie commercials with Rooney playing a part etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZnyE-I7dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn2D7-nezwY

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fellaini gets so many fouls against him purely due to him not being a little bitch and fairly using his superior strength over smaller players, its a shame that all they have to do is fall holding their arm, leg or head to draw a foul.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Fellaini gets so many fouls against him purely due to him not being a little bitch and fairly using his superior strength over smaller players, its a shame that all they have to do is fall holding their arm, leg or head to draw a foul.

I bet the source of this is a treasure trove of wonderful posts

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This is MLS as gently caress so it definitely belongs in this thread, but I have to admit that I thought it was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZI2cC5_ko

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

This is MLS as gently caress so it definitely belongs in this thread, but I have to admit that I thought it was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZI2cC5_ko

I approve

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

#DOOOOOOOOOOOP

https://twitter.com/PhilaUnion/status/861017794464317440

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

https://streamable.com/w7yt2

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

jesus wept

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Italian coaches are excellent. Tactically astute, students of the game, and to get to the top level, they must be experienced and battle hardened. I think it's particularly easy for Italian managers to win the PL because the game is very different. It's often a mile a minute and helter skelter - players running around manically. A minimum of organization, tactical intelligence, and training seems to be enough to win. Certainly it's enough to give a big edge. It's another reason teams of British players fare so badly on the world stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

disband the mls, they don't deserve football