Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm really excited for this election for a whole bunch of reasons, but frankly I have no idea what is going to happen and would not be surprised at either Corbyn being PM or the Tories having a majority of 100

At least we can have a good crack at booting out Anna Soubry in my constituency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I'm interest and active in the election, but I still think the Tories will win. Mind you, another majority of 10 and a majority of 100 are very different things, and thats why it still matters even though Labour aren't going to win.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Theresa May failing to look like a human being and managing to be repetitive in a three minute video:
https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/859452229350195201

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

nothing to seehere posted:

I'm interest and active in the election, but I still think the Tories will win. Mind you, another majority of 10 and a majority of 100 are very different things, and thats why it still matters even though Labour aren't going to win.

:agreed:

I paid the price of a nandos to support the jam man

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

jabby posted:

Theresa May failing to look like a human being and managing to be repetitive in a three minute video:
https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/859452229350195201

She has to be taking the piss out of the general public at this point

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Theresa May in the dingy room of patriotism.

It's like a goon basement except with union flags instead of anime body pillows.

We hope instead, rather than as well...

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

That's a Jim Hacker level performance.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

She comes across as way out of her depth

On the other hand, the 'Strong and Stable Leadership' narrative will probably stick, regardless of the mockery of it

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39784170 posted:

Brexit: Theresa May says she'll be 'bloody difficult' to Juncker

Bloody difficult to watch or hear speak as well.

I really hope this EU dinner thing keeps going or gets bigger with another disaster meeting, just keep chipping away at the soundbites. Eventually it's got to drive any pro-EU Tory to either election apathy or outright madness.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

namesake posted:

I really hope this EU dinner thing keeps going or gets bigger with another disaster meeting, just keep chipping away at the soundbites. Eventually it's got to drive any pro-EU Tory to either election apathy or outright madness.

"We're all mad here"

The general public is grossly misinformed. The media focuses on silly soundbites and not on the really important stuff.

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 2, 2017

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's pretty cool that in their attempts to pass off the reports about the dinner with Juncker as just Brussels gossip they've managed to confirm pretty much all of the details of it, from the expectation to get citizens status done by June through to the whole "lets make Brexit a success" line.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

namesake posted:

Bloody difficult to watch or hear speak as well.

Oh, good, the EU is going to burn all our trade deals to the ground. For a second, I was almost worried about not starving to death in a decaying shell of a country. Nice to see the Prime Minister meeting my concerns so ably.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I normally don't read the Evening Standard, but it is funny today to see gideon using his new toy to have a dig at may. I think all of the first 6 or 7 pages include at least one article ridiculing May for incompetence.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I say strong you say stable

STRONG

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cerv posted:

with an attitude like that, he hopefully won't get through to the end of the trial without a contempt of court charge.

Not to defend him as a person, but he's actually correct not to stand because he wasn't called by name. His name is Mr Rhodri Phillips. His style is Lord St Davids. If he was addressed as either of those he should stand. But there was no "Mr St Davids" in the room.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Looke posted:

I say strong you say stable

STRONG

I knew I'd seen that somewhere...

He also had a penchant for ridiculing himself on camera

(bit of an unfair comparison though - this man made generations of children laugh and was extremely chill, imagine Fred Rogers but doing comedy acts for kids)

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 2, 2017

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Jedit posted:

Not to defend him as a person, but he's actually correct not to stand because he wasn't called by name. His name is Mr Rhodri Phillips. His style is Lord St Davids. If he was addressed as either of those he should stand. But there was no "Mr St Davids" in the room.

Oh I do hope he tries to pull some kind of sovcit/freeman on the land type defence.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Yeah okay but what is his LEGAL NAME?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

It's illegal to use a LEGAL NAME.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Just watching Theresa May giving a speech. My goodness, she's an AWFUL public speaker. She looks nervous as hell.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

TACD posted:

It's pretty clear that a good proportion of the people responding to these are reflexively hitting whatever button corresponds to THERESA MAY=GOOD and JEREMY CORBYN=BAD. Good polling is really difficult and the responses to these are not an accurate measure of what the question is asking.

Jeremy Corbyn's dad killed my kitten.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

The latest ICM poll aptly demonstrates why subsample questions should be taken with several tonnes of salt. More people say the last two weeks have made them less likely to vote Labour than more likely. The opposite is true for voting Tory. However the Tories lost a point in voting intention and Labour gained. With the possible exception of headline voting intention it's all bullshit because people will choose the answer that reflects best on their chosen party.

Which is perhaps why twice as many people gave the answer favouring the Tories than labour?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Which is perhaps why twice as many people gave the answer favouring the Tories than labour?

Yes, that is literally my point.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Oberleutnant posted:

I normally don't read the Evening Standard, but it is funny today to see gideon using his new toy to have a dig at may. I think all of the first 6 or 7 pages include at least one article ridiculing May for incompetence.

It only took like two hours for the second edition front page to go from "EU twists the knife" to "UK fights back!" though. May must have threatened to put limits on Visas to Colombia.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's pretty cool that in their attempts to pass off the reports about the dinner with Juncker as just Brussels gossip they've managed to confirm pretty much all of the details of it, from the expectation to get citizens status done by June through to the whole "lets make Brexit a success" line.

These stories are completely false, and also it shows how negotiations will be difficult despite how the difficult negotiations did not in fact happen due to being false. Strong and stable.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
I had a really weird dream last night that someone mocked up a spitting image style puppet of May and made a creepy video that was just a shrill falsetto screaming "STRONG AND STABLE!" as deep rumblings drew closer, distant sirens ramped up, and her head wobbled back and forth violently on a springy neck. Then everything exploded in nuclear fire and endless screaming.

The video went viral on the last day before the election, Corbyn won by a landslide. Then at the steps of number 10 he turned into a robot and started firing death lasers out of his eyes because people voted him in over a loving internet meme.

I think 2017 is really starting to get to me.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

Yes, that is literally my point.

So saying twice as many people favour the Tories than labour isn't exactly much of a mitigation for this poll?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/859479841116217344
Apparently the party of government has been renamed the Teresa May Strong and Stable party, and was campaigning in my neck of the woods this afternoon. Hmmmm.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

LemonDrizzle posted:

Apparently the party of government has been renamed the Teresa May Strong and Stable party, and was campaigning in my neck of the woods this afternoon. Hmmmm.

Oh, I guess she did learn something on her trip to Scotland.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

Looks like they're really trying to capitalise on Theresa May being literally the most popular politician in British history. :cripes:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

So saying twice as many people favour the Tories than labour isn't exactly much of a mitigation for this poll?

That's because I'm not the strawman you invented of all Corbyn supporters.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Verizian posted:

I had a really weird dream last night that someone mocked up a spitting image style puppet of May and made a creepy video that was just a shrill falsetto screaming "STRONG AND STABLE!" as deep rumblings drew closer, distant sirens ramped up, and her head wobbled back and forth violently on a springy neck. Then everything exploded in nuclear fire and endless screaming.

The video went viral on the last day before the election, Corbyn won by a landslide. Then at the steps of number 10 he turned into a robot and started firing death lasers out of his eyes because people voted him in over a loving internet meme.

I think 2017 is really starting to get to me.

I don't think that was a dream, more of a burning bush moment.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The stable door has bolted

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

https://twitter.com/panoparker/status/859398550127616004

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Oberleutnant posted:

Looks like they're really trying to capitalise on Theresa May being literally the most popular politician in British history. :cripes:

The press and the hardliners in her party will turn on her like rabid dogs as soon as the inevitable Brexit compromises begin. I still can't understand why she even wants the job of Prime Minister, unless she really is too dull to understand how it's going to turn out for her.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think May is particularly strong and I definitely don't think she is very stable.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/antony_calvert/status/853880478117617665

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

The press and the hardliners in her party will turn on her like rabid dogs as soon as the inevitable Brexit compromises begin. I still can't understand why she even wants the job of Prime Minister, unless she really is too dull to understand how it's going to turn out for her.

May isn't big on compromise. I suspect that 'beloved leader of an empire of corpses and ash' is her more likely endgame, whether she reaslises it or not.

The Tories are trying to turn us into a martyrdom culture, and are having an impressive amount of success.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Man's got a point, you can't be working class if you... buy stuff... from... big corporations

bad taste in coffee tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Horrible taste in coffee seems p class agnostic tbh.

• Locked thread