Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RME
Feb 20, 2012

Binary Badger posted:

:wrong: The battery lasts nearly forever, too. Gave mine a full charge last Wednesday, still haven't needed to re-charge, and that's with marathon sessions of Zelda and Blaster Master since.

Sad trombone for me as I get Mario Kart today and will immediately go online to experience death by shells from a bunch of seven year olds in a Lakitu gang.

Nah the dpad is kinda bad but it's my only complaint with the controller
It's definitely enough to make me play Tetris with the joycon dpad exclusively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
If I wasn't expecting to use it for Splatoon (and likely other stuff) I'd probably return the Pro. The D-pad is hot garbage for PPT, and it is inherently inferior to the True Intended Control Scheme, split joycons. The controller has been a bit overhyped.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

nintendo fail of the day:

pikman with an open mouth

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

but can pikman crawl?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tempura Wizard posted:

If I wasn't expecting to use it for Splatoon (and likely other stuff) I'd probably return the Pro. The D-pad is hot garbage for PPT, and it is inherently inferior to the True Intended Control Scheme, split joycons. The controller has been a bit overhyped.

I paid $70 so that I wouldn't get as annoyed hitting the - button to bring up the Map in Zelda

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Lol as if I'm ever giving money to Qatar or the UAE companies considering their slave labor practices back home along with many other fun human rights abuses, let alone ever traveling to most of the middle east due to being a second class citizen due to my vagina.

:same:

I'm going to make my second and third Switch game purchase, going to pick up that $5 dollar Japanese game and Blaster Master. I'm probably one of the only people not picking up Mario Kart. I didn't really get into it on the Wii U, preferred the Sonic racing game. Might get Mario Kart from Gamefly sometime just to see how nice it looks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The rabbids game is popping up again.

http://kotaku.com/source-the-rumored-mario-x-rabbids-rpg-is-real-coming-1794849712

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

katkillad2 posted:

:same:

I'm going to make my second and third Switch game purchase, going to pick up that $5 dollar Japanese game and Blaster Master. I'm probably one of the only people not picking up Mario Kart. I didn't really get into it on the Wii U, preferred the Sonic racing game. Might get Mario Kart from Gamefly sometime just to see how nice it looks.

If you played the Wii U version, it's effectively the same thing. Renders at 1080p instead of 720p while docked, but still no antialiasing. Jaggies are a little better but still there. Not that I'm knocking it or anything, MK8 is still one of the greatest looking games I've ever played.

Oh, and an honorable mention for how great it looks in handheld mode, I guess. It's fuckin' MK8 with all the bells and whistles in the palms of your hands. I feel like the special effects may be dialed down just a bit, but nothing noticeable at speed.

enojy fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 2, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Norns posted:

Try not rocking the dpad directly from the middle or also don't have monstrous thumbs

For the best Pro Controller experience, consider thumb surgery.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

LKD is having a TOLD YOU SO TOLD YOU SO TOLD YOU SO moment on twitter.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

loving stop hating on Walugi. I swear, anytime a game with multiple characters and he gets the shaft.

Booo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

This would be a better game if it didn't feature the Rabbids and was just Super Mario RPG 2 instead.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Shindragon posted:

loving stop hating on Walugi. I swear, anytime a game with multiple characters and he gets the shaft.

Booo.

Who cares, it's not like this is suddenly going to be the first good rabbids game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

This would be a better game if it didn't feature the Rabbids and was just Super Mario RPG 2 instead.

Just change Smithy to Ubisoft and it can work.

Mario RPG but you're fighting bad Ubisoft games instead of weapons before shutting down the bad games factory.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 2, 2017

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

tap my mountain posted:

Who cares, it's not like this is suddenly going to be the first good rabbids game.

True, still the point stands. Stop hating on Walugi.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Phantasium posted:

Just change Smithy to Ubisoft and it can work.

Mario RPG but you're fighting bad Ubisoft games instead of weapons before shutting down the bad games factory.

Just bring back Geno :smith:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

congrats laura kate dale for being right about like one of the many completely bullshit software scoops you championed

Suspicious Cook posted:

With all the Square support happening for Switch I'm disappointed this didn't happen. Ubisoft games tend to be 50/50 on good or putrid but at least Nintendo will be on one side to ensure some kind of quality.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess if you say the Switch will have literally every game concept you can think of, you'll eventually be right.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

MinibarMatchman posted:

congrats laura kate dale for being right about like one of the many completely bullshit software scoops you championed

Yeah, this is what's pretty funny. Being right about one thing now validates all the bad stuff and everyone is stupid for having the nerve to think she was wrong again, despite being wrong a lot.

Hey, I'm not meaning to be mean. All these Nintendo rumor mongers entertain me as they give stuff to talk about...but they go nuts when people call them on being wrong, which is silly to me. If you don't want the poo poo that comes with being wrong, don't be reporting rumors.

edit- Jason Schreier is calling her on her twitter rant going on right now, and it's pretty funny. Again, I feel bad throwing shade at her because loving hell I know she has a hard time with things but man, she comes off as wildly unprofessional.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 2, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Imagine wanting people to take your twitter account seriously and listing "Khaleesi of Butts" as the first thing in your account description.

I hope this means a Pokemon Switch and English Mother 3 announcement will happen at some point in the near future.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Blaster Mastero Zero DLC update is live!* :siren:
* Meant to be live, but update isn't available on my Switch just yet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyxmTv281pg

So yeah, DLC Characters are FREE for a limited time if you already own the game.
Get on that poo poo

BM0 is a super nice little Metroidvania. Highly recommend picking it up as it was a solid title as it was before this update.
Knocked it out in a little over 10 hours, but this Destroyer/Hardcore Mode has me :swoon: for an added challenge.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah, Rabbids Go Home already exists :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mario/Rabbids will 99% be likely just another lovely loving Rabbids game with the Mario series licensed in.

I wouldn't hold me breath for anything amazing.

Even if it is amazing you're stuck with tolerating MinionsRabbids

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dVmpLHMsHY

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tap my mountain posted:

The first one was good though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Imagine wanting people to take your twitter account seriously and listing "Khaleesi of Butts" as the first thing in your account description.

I hope this means a Pokemon Switch and English Mother 3 announcement will happen at some point in the near future.

what do you expect from someone who does horrible podcasts with Jim Sterling.

every year/6 months some hotshot leaker says "this is the year Mother 3 comes out I swear" I've just tuned it out. I'm convinced Nintendo moves the release date at this point just to mindfuck those people. Pokemon Stars was reported by Eurogamer though and they have a great track record so I'd say that's a lock

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

You gotta admit though, Mother 3 would be a hell of a headline catcher for a Virtual Console announcement. There's no reason for VC to not have been talked about yet unless there was some sort of big announcement to go along with it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

deadwing posted:

You gotta admit though, Mother 3 would be a hell of a headline catcher for a Virtual Console announcement. There's no reason for VC to not have been talked about yet unless there was some sort of big announcement to go along with it.

I'm of the opinion that Mother 3 actually is ready but they shelved it because they knew WiiU was hosed and why waste such a big announcement on that? Now that Switch is skyrocketing they can port all their old poo poo as well as drop something like Mother 3 for major press

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
A mainline Pokemon game on a console with paid online is gonna loving suck and I don't know why people are getting excited about it. Then again, SuMo hid the non-local-wireless stuff so deep that I wouldn't be surprised at this point

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Can pay for a $300 console and $60 games but $20/Year for online is a bridge too far for the same people who paid $10 for a forum account and probably have things like netflix/hulu/etc.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Scratch-O posted:

A mainline Pokemon game on a console with paid online is gonna loving suck and I don't know why people are getting excited about it. Then again, SuMo hid the non-local-wireless stuff so deep that I wouldn't be surprised at this point

Adding Pokémon Bank as an included feature to the paid online service is such a no brainer that it probably won't happen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

please no. Is there no god?

LethalGeek posted:

Can pay for a $300 console and $60 games but $20/Year for online is a bridge too far for the same people who paid $10 for a forum account and probably have things like netflix/hulu/etc.

netflix/hulu/SA tend to work well though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo of Japan will probably do a Mother Collection of all 3 games, ala the Sieken Densetsu Collection, and never release it with an Eng translation.

Thus pissing off fanboys everywhere.

I don't give a poo poo about Mother, but Seiken Densetsu better have English options.. :argh:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

deadwing posted:

There's no reason for VC to not have been talked about yet unless there was some sort of big announcement to go along with it.

lol

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

deadwing posted:

Adding Pokémon Bank as an included feature to the paid online service is such a no brainer that it probably won't happen.

The reason it probably won't happen is the Pokémon company is a separate entity from Nintendo. (Though Nintendo is the sole owner of the trademark)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Blaster Mastero Zero DLC update is live!* :siren:
* Meant to be live, but update isn't available on my Switch just yet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyxmTv281pg

So yeah, DLC Characters are FREE for a limited time if you already own the game.
Get on that poo poo

BM0 is a super nice little Metroidvania. Highly recommend picking it up as it was a solid title as it was before this update.
Knocked it out in a little over 10 hours, but this Destroyer/Hardcore Mode has me :swoon: for an added challenge.

Where do you get the dlc?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Scratch-O posted:

Console and handheld are the same thing when it comes to Switch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't believe the character DLC is live yet

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How's Tumbleseed? Good to see a weirdo roguelike type game that isn't Isaac on this this and the price point seems much nicer. Probably gonna grab it today unless it's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I don't claim to be the best Mario Kart racer ever, but I know how to boost, and I know how to drift, etc...

That said, online is loving frustrating me.

It seems like I'm the only person, ever, who is under 1000 points. And I am under 1000 points, because all that ever happens to me is I get hit with 4 things in a row until I'm in 12th place, and then I get pity-power ups and manage to be 7th or 8th.

It's a fun game, but I have played like 30 online games so far and it's always the same drat story.

Sorry for my meltdown.

[ed]

Stan Taylor posted:

How's Tumbleseed? Good to see a weirdo roguelike type game that isn't Isaac on this this and the price point seems much nicer. Probably gonna grab it today unless it's awful.

Reports are that it is good. And almost aggravatingly difficult.

• Locked thread