Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There are no dungeons in BOTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did charge it twice and once I had to charge t from a outlet since it was so dead it refused to charge from the switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wow that is probably it I had no idea. Thanks. Disappointing it doesn't auto shut off

It does auto shut off.

Get it sent back under warranty.

Alternatively

Kashuno posted:

Every post you make is dumb as gently caress.

Stop trolling, you know that's not normal behaviour for a controller.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

LethalGeek posted:

Why do you all keep responding to Empress as if anything they say is worth responding to? Just have to touch the stove to make sure it's hot huh?

What are you mad about

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:derp: AhhHHH trolls :derp:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yiga hideout is most certainly a dungeon

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

What are you mad about
I'm confused not mad.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No you're clearly mad

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lakbay posted:

I'm guessing there was a review embargo because I kept looking all morning for written impressions and there was nothing

Eurogamer recommends it. Destructoid gave it an 8/10 but damns it for being loving hard as balls.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

well why not posted:

It's two rooms

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

well why not posted:

Nah not really. Its pretty much the perfect analogue to Garudo Hideout, which I wouldn't really consider a dungeon either. Maybe a small semi-dungeon like the Ice Caves?

The labyrinths, divine beasts and hideout are all soooorta like dungeons but fall a bit short. For one major point, there's no key items.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

okay i'd like to apologize for my former aggression. i'm not a fan of the pro controller's d pad but if you are, that's okay too

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Nintendo Switch is the best Nintendo console since the SNES.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

It's two rooms

2 really nice rooms

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kirios posted:

Wii U was the best Nintendo console since SNES. Most people don't know this since only about 50 were sold in the US. Switch will probably be better since it looks like it will have a lot of 3rd party games.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I think I will sell my Nintendo switch, i already have Zelda and mario kart on wii u so there is no point to it for me and maybe by the time there are more games they'll have a better model like with the 3DS.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

African AIDS cum posted:

I think I will sell my Nintendo switch, i already have Zelda and mario kart on wii u so there is no point to it for me and maybe by the time there are more games they'll have a better model like with the 3DS.

But Splatoon and other rehashes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blaster Master update just went out. Adds a hard mode as well as a couple playable characters. (gunvolt and some other inti creates staple). Why must they keep updating games I thought I finished?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
"the wii u was better than the n64"
-a very smart person

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like y'all confusing Switch for GameCube

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Well I was hoping that weird series of crashes from yesterday was just a fluke, but it's back and now my Switch is starting to crash seemingly at random whether I'm in MK8D or not

To everyone who said to not buy a console at launch: you were right

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah it looks like a lovely D-pad

It is. Some stuff about it is great (battery life, ergonomics, weight, analog sticks) but the face buttons and D-pad have uncomfortably sharp edges and stick out too high. Then there's the lovely behavior of the D-pad which is too eager to read up inputs when you push left or right not exactly at 0 (or 180) degrees which seems to affect a lot of people, myself included. It's unusable in Tetris and that just sucks.

Be ready to do the Pro controller roulette if you buy one with a faulty D-pad because it seems pretty common.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Will new 2DS xl carts be compatible with Switch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Lol, better not buy anything ever since poo poo Happens!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Well I was hoping that weird series of crashes from yesterday was just a fluke, but it's back and now my Switch is starting to crash seemingly at random whether I'm in MK8D or not

sorry u are having trouble buddy. i think you'll get it sorted out soon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you have Blaster Master download the dlc as soon as you can. It's free but only for two weeks. So if you were on the fence about Blaster Master you should get it while the dlc is free.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Parenting posted:

The d pad feels okay but is actually pretty imprecise, tried using it for Tetris and so many accidental hard drops

:same:

It's a shame, because it is otherwise a fantastic controller. How could Nintendo of all people cock up their dpad?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Spacebump posted:

Wii U was the best Nintendo console since SNES. Most people don't know this since only about 50 were sold in the US. Switch will probably be better since it looks like it will have a lot of 3rd party games.

Nah the WiiU had a good library but the console itself was horrible. It was slow as balls to deal with anything that wasn't a game. It should have just played disks and launched directly into game. The miiVerse was fun but I hated turning that thing on, so much that I have some digital games that I purchased that I never launched after waiting for the downloads and some games still in shrink wrap because I just don't want to wait for the console to boot.

I have an hour commute and only wind up with a 30-40 minutes of game time a day, when 1/3 of it is waiting to get into game I'm just going to watch a TV show instead.

Switch fixed that instantly into a game. Looking forward to buying games I already own so I can actually play them!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

enojy posted:

It is. Some stuff about it is great (battery life, ergonomics, weight, analog sticks) but the face buttons and D-pad have uncomfortably sharp edges and stick out too high. Then there's the lovely behavior of the D-pad which is too eager to read up inputs when you push left or right not exactly at 0 (or 180) degrees which seems to affect a lot of people, myself included. It's unusable in Tetris and that just sucks.

Be ready to do the Pro controller roulette if you buy one with a faulty D-pad because it seems pretty common.

Is your skin made of filo or something? I've never heard of a plastic button being too sharp, and in fact the pro buttons are more rounded than the joycons

I've clocked about 10 hours in PPT with zero accidental hard drops. I am utterly confused about that issue

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I got a few runs of Tumbleseed and it's pretty fun. If you're prone to panicking in games though you will loving hate it because the controls really demand you be aware of what's about to happen and you will fall into holes repeatedly if you overcorrect. I've gotten to the second biome and that poo poo is nuts already.

The 2 player mode will be impossible, I can't wait to try it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kirios posted:

Spacebump posted:

What do you fools have against the N64 :colbert:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The Pro's d-pad has a less pronounced "pivot" in the center compared to Nintendo's older stuff, almost to the point that you can press left and right at the same time. It's my all around favorite controller ever but I could see how people with larger hands would have trouble with the d-pad.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

enojy posted:

Oh my god. I didn't even think it could be the dpad, because it feels good. But it's totally loving up my Tetris. I get random blocks dropping immediately. Neat. Super duper $70 controller.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Try not rocking the dpad directly from the middle or also don't have monstrous thumbs

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Norns posted:

Try not rocking the dpad directly from the middle or also don't have monstrous thumbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Not a Children posted:

Is your skin made of filo or something? I've never heard of a plastic button being too sharp, and in fact the pro buttons are more rounded than the joycons

I've clocked about 10 hours in PPT with zero accidental hard drops. I am utterly confused about that issue

The edges of the buttons and D-pad could be more comfortable to run your thumbs across. See: every single other controller made in the past 20 years. It's just a minor niggle, and I don't understand why the buttons and D-pad are so pronounced off the surface of the controller. Someone thought it was a good idea, but it wasn't.

If your D-pad functions properly, then you got lucky. There are way too many people having the exact same issue for it to be user error. I could make a video of me slowly and deliberately pushing left or right from the very edge of the D-pad and have it register as up.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

enojy posted:

The edges of the buttons and D-pad could be more comfortable to run your thumbs across. See: every single other controller made in the past 20 years. It's just a minor niggle, and I don't understand why the buttons and D-pad are so pronounced off the surface of the controller. Someone thought it was a good idea, but it wasn't.

If your D-pad functions properly, then you got lucky. There are way too many people having the exact same issue for it to be user error. I could make a video of me slowly and deliberately pushing left or right from the very edge of the D-pad and have it register as up.

Did your Pro Controller come with razor blades instead of face buttons? Mine has the best face buttons ever. They're such a joy to press.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I love the Pro controllers giant face buttons.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think I'm crazy but my A button already feels worn down / more depressed than the other face buttons and the controller is brand new. Makes me nervous

Pro Controller*

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

parallelodad posted:

Blaster Master update just went out. Adds a hard mode as well as a couple playable characters. (gunvolt and some other inti creates staple). Why must they keep updating games I thought I finished?

I'm dumb I can't find this update anywhere. Is mine just taking it's time?

• Locked thread