Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
You can easily make a 1.5km jump without pulling the chute early, you just won't get the chance to get the low chute deploy. The best way to figure out the closest jump point is to jump when your map waypoint is directly over the front wing of the plane, because that's the shortest straight line.

Does zeroing actually work now? I thought it was broken 2-3 patches ago, or that the drop wasn't severe enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Badfinger posted:

You can easily make a 1.5km jump without pulling the chute early, you just won't get the chance to get the low chute deploy. The best way to figure out the closest jump point is to jump when your map waypoint is directly over the front wing of the plane, because that's the shortest straight line.

Does zeroing actually work now? I thought it was broken 2-3 patches ago, or that the drop wasn't severe enough.

I don't think zeroing has changed since beta. That said, I don't believe it to actually work correctly, but then again ranges are shorter than you'd think. When I got my 666m kill, I'm pretty sure I zeroed to like 400 or something but still had to use a hold over.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Yeah, the ACOG doesn't work like it does in in Arma. A minor irritation that's negated by bullet drop seeming to be far less than in Arma.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Speaking of aiming are there any guides for leading a target at range? I can't hit anything for poo poo further than 80 meters out. People say to watch where the bullets go but I can't see where my bullets hit.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Paradigmata posted:

https://pubg.me/
Site to view player stats.

Let the stat shaming begin!

#statshaming

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Let the stat shaming begin!

#statshaming

I wonder how many people pad KDR by dropping with the afk/disconnected crowd.

I wonder if I should start doing that.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Badfinger posted:

I've done it twice in solo, but only got two kills each time. Both times it was one AFK and one vulture. Not really sure if it's worth it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Badfinger posted:

me!

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Might be fun to always ride the plane to the end and just make do with wherever it spits you out, free afk kills or no.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
Sacriel is good for watching until he condescends to explain something to everyone, he has an excuse for everything. Fairlight_Excalibur is fun to watch but then he plays with some people who I find annoying.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

If you dive and tap w to get up to 230+ km/h, your parachute will open a little lower than everyone else's. Only useful when you're trying to get into a contested building that's near the flight path first, but it works. It was in one of those tip videos which was maybe posted earlier in the thread. The other skydiving tip was you accelerate faster by tapping w than holding it. That one's been hit or miss for me but I may not have the rhythm for it down yet.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok im beginning to see that maybe sac is kind of a bigger sperg than i first realized

also he seems to really like elon musk so :rip:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

:wrong: You can zero in at any time.

i just checked this in game and the zeroing distance doesn't change unless you are aiming down the sight when you hit pgup/pgdn

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Efexeye posted:

i just checked this in game and the zeroing distance doesn't change unless you are aiming down the sight when you hit pgup/pgdn

What weapon did you try with?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

What weapon did you try with?

the little uzi. i was able to switch between 100 and 200 but only while clicked to ADS. seems like it's always been like that though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Efexeye posted:

the little uzi. i was able to switch between 100 and 200 but only while clicked to ADS. seems like it's always been like that though

You can put a 4x/8x on a micro uzi?

what?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It adjusts the irons. Or at least it does on the rifles, never tried to change the uzi's zero.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I like to steam to Twitch and just watch my own past broadcasts on my free time when I'm not at home, it lets me criticize my mistakes.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

nah you guys were right. even though there's no visible indicator it does change zeroing distance even if you aren't ads

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

in centre bottom of the screen when you press pgup/pgdown it should show you your current zeroing distance in white font

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

in centre bottom of the screen when you press pgup/pgdown it should show you your current zeroing distance in white font

it does, if you are ADS

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Efexeye posted:

nah you guys were right. even though there's no visible indicator it does change zeroing distance even if you aren't ads

Efexeye posted:

it does, if you are ADS

It's one of those things where the lack of feedback bothers me more than it should.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hmm good to know

Like I've said previously, i dont bother with zeroing because Battlefield sniping bitchass dudes from across the map required me to hold the last line of the scope WAY the hell over my intended target

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sat there once with a sniper rifle and an 8x scope adjusting the zero between each shot and at a distance anyway, it seems to matter a lot

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

BobHoward posted:

Can confirm that if you watch kongphan+grimmmz duos you will be seeing lots of hyper aggressive play. They'll get more serious about using cover and playing relatively conservative if it's late in a round and they've got a chance at a chicken dinner, otherwise it's all about provoking fights. They're also quite good at tactics and communication, but not in a dumb "look at how military I am" way. They are dudes playing a video game at a fairly high level but not taking it too serious.

Also it might be an acquired taste but imo pflax is hilarious when he goes on those unhinged rants. I wouldn't blame anyone who can't stand him though (and tbh I suspect he'd say the same, he isn't one of those people who have zero self awareness).

Kind of late to the discussion, but I agree that Grimmmz is fun to watch, and his duo with Anthony is great. I watch Anthony sometimes because I find his stream to be a higher quality, but Grimmmz is more enjoyable overall. Both really skilled players and they have great chemistry.

I picked this game up over the weekend, and I'm surprised at how fun the game is. It has all the fun parts of dayz and none of the tedium. Game runs decently well too. I hope the development keeps up and it doesn't languish like other early access games.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Does anyone else read the company name as "Butthole" every single time it shows up on the screen?

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
So against logic, I raised my texture and distance quality as suggested by someone in the thread and it seemed to help with my framerate.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Mauser posted:

Does anyone else read the company name as "Butthole" every single time it shows up on the screen?

*timidly raises hand*

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mauser posted:

We've done it in reverse- my group now uses Bluehole as an insult. "Hey that was my 416, give that back you fukkin bluehole."

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jubjub64 posted:

So against logic, I raised my texture and distance quality as suggested by someone in the thread and it seemed to help with my framerate.

It makes sense when you think about the engine handing off all the stuff to the CPU since low graphics usually mean you're using the onboard video chip on your laptop

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Did they break the loot again today? Currently halfway into first match of the day and have come up with 20 pistols and an uzi in Pochinki.

e: Same thing the next four rounds. I'm seeing half of the total loot table repeat over and over and over.

rap music fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 3, 2017

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

funny Star Wars parody posted:

It makes sense when you think about the engine handing off all the stuff to the CPU since low graphics usually mean you're using the onboard video chip on your laptop

That makes sense if it couldn't detect that I have a gtx 970 instead of onboard.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rap music posted:

Did they break the loot again today? Currently halfway into first match of the day and have come up with 20 pistols and an uzi in Pochinki.

e: Same thing the next four rounds. I'm seeing half of the total loot table repeat over and over and over.

We dropped on yasmaya and georgo at least half a dozen times last night and always came away with poo poo loot after hitting all of the apartments/crates so I wouldn't be shocked

Glass especially was hard to come by

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Efexeye posted:

You can definitely change the zeroing on ARs and snipers at any time. ADS or not. I do that every game. Never tried with SMGs. Why would you ever change the zeroing on an smg anyway? You don't use an UMP past 60 meters anyway.

Also, reminder: One map square on the minimap corresponds to roughly 100 meters. Helps with zeroing.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/02/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-hits-2-million-copies-sold

Up to 2 million copies sold now. Holy poo poo.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Something is definitely fucky. Just watched a dude phase into existence 10m in front of me.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I seem to get 60+ fps but occasionally it freezes up for 1-2 seconds, is there any magic fix for this?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Captain Beans posted:

I seem to get 60+ fps but occasionally it freezes up for 1-2 seconds, is there any magic fix for this?

Are you running an SSD? Are you using Ultra textures/distance? You should be doing all three of these.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Has anyone gone back to spawn island after the drop? I'm curious if all those fun guns would be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Chard posted:

Has anyone gone back to spawn island after the drop? I'm curious if all those fun guns would be there.

They aren't, but it is a military base with a semi-vault, a church, and a regular military building so you get good gear. Best bet is if the plane is heading NE over Primorsk and you can drop into a boat near the island.

• Locked thread