Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I'm a pretty exceptional player.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Not me, I'm a scrub tier stat padder.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

Oh poo poo I missed this earlier - do not ever go to the castle on Redshire. It doesn't work - the castle has three exits, all of which are shootable from the middle hill, and none of them have any cover whatsoever. If you are near one of those exits, you will be spotted, you're unlikely to spot anything until it shoots you, and you're likely in range of multiple enemies wherever you peek. Once you're in there, you're stuck - even returning out the way you came is likely to get you shot in the side two or three times before you can get to the nearby rock, and pulling back from that rock will get you shot more. Do not go into that stupid castle.

HAVOK callers keep putting people into that castle in strongholds or CW and it's just loving suicide, you're much better off controlling middle by sweeping the east with some fast tanks with good damage output like Batchats, clearing out the northeast/center snipers, then using your middle hill to crush any enemies stupid enough to go into the castle, and at that point you've corraled the enemy into a corner where you can pick them off. If you "win" the castle, congratulations, you achieved nothing and wasted a whole bunch of time.

I'm posting this again

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

I'm posting this again

Did you win?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

Did you win?

I was shot about 20 seconds after I realised I had to run the gently caress away from the usual arty place and then spent the next 10 minutes laughing at my shithead team mates as they one by one poked out of the castle to be annihilated.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

serious gaylord posted:

I was shot about 20 seconds after I realised I had to run the gently caress away from the usual arty place and then spent the next 10 minutes laughing at my shithead team mates as they one by one poked out of the castle to be annihilated.

you can't ignore a flank noob

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Hellsau posted:

Oh poo poo I missed this earlier - do not ever go to the castle on Redshire. It doesn't work - the castle has three exits, all of which are shootable from the middle hill, and none of them have any cover whatsoever. If you are near one of those exits, you will be spotted, you're unlikely to spot anything until it shoots you, and you're likely in range of multiple enemies wherever you peek. Once you're in there, you're stuck - even returning out the way you came is likely to get you shot in the side two or three times before you can get to the nearby rock, and pulling back from that rock will get you shot more. Do not go into that stupid castle.

HAVOK callers keep putting people into that castle in strongholds or CW and it's just loving suicide, you're much better off controlling middle by sweeping the east with some fast tanks with good damage output like Batchats, clearing out the northeast/center snipers, then using your middle hill to crush any enemies stupid enough to go into the castle, and at that point you've corraled the enemy into a corner where you can pick them off. If you "win" the castle, congratulations, you achieved nothing and wasted a whole bunch of time.

Yeah - I wasn't playing for several months, and I really don't remember that portion of the map being configured that way at all. I've only been there like twice and that was certainly enough to learn my lesson. NEVER AGAIN.

I cannot play the new maps. I don't even know what the heck the deal is with the new Sacred Valley. Paris - I can't tell if this map is any good because I've personally only had good games on it - but I haven't been in a game with two teams that played well against each other, so who the gently caress knows if the map is good or not. And every map plays differently than it did even 8 months ago, but maybe that's just down to every team having 4 light tanks and 3 artillery. Jesus I hope that's just a short-term fad. I really like the game and don't feel bad about taking long breaks, but my god it's nights like last night that make me wonder if there is any hope for the future of the human race. I'd rather run a cheese grater up and down my dick for an hour or so than have another night like that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I cannot play the new maps. I don't even know what the heck the deal is with the new Sacred Valley. Paris - I can't tell if this map is any good because I've personally only had good games on it - but I haven't been in a game with two teams that played well against each other, so who the gently caress knows if the map is good or not.

It's because most of the new maps are horrible poo poo with really bad newbie traps:

Paris: Go south, the north is a useless killzone.
Pilsen: Go west, the east is a useless killzone.
Sacred Valley: Go north, the south is a useless killzone.
Westfield: Go northwest, south/east is a useless killzone

As bad as Wargaming's balance department is, their map team is worse.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

It's because most of the new maps are horrible poo poo with really bad newbie traps:

Paris: Go south, the north is a useless killzone.
Pilsen: Go west, the east is a useless killzone.
Sacred Valley: Go north, the south is a useless killzone.
Westfield: Go northwest, south/east is a useless killzone

As bad as Wargaming's balance department is, their map team is worse.

Agree. What does it say that one of their best, if not the best, maps is from Beta?

HFX fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 2, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

HFX posted:

Agree. What does it say that one of their best, if not the best, maps is from Beta?

Which one is this?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Campinovka.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HFX posted:

If you say Himmelsdorf I will loving cut you. :ese:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

HFX posted:

Hmm Komarin was removed so not sure.

Thunder Dome 4lyfe

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Taerkar posted:

Campinovka.

Worst map in the game

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ROFLburger posted:

Worst map in the game

You should have played the first iteration of Swamp.

That map drew So many loving times.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've still had more fun with it than with many other maps. it could get real tense.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

You should have played the first iteration of Swamp.

That map drew So many loving times.

Swamp was a real sick CW map after it had been removed from random battles, but before the redesign. Good old reddish-brown diarrhea Swamp. I still remember playing with PURPL on that map, and having to execute a clanmate for deliberately ignoring a call and then us winning with all 14 remaining tanks alive.

Bring back Dragon Ridge.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Screenshots will not do this justice. I really have no way of convincing you in a picture that you would in any way be interested in watching a 15 minute replay ending in a draw where the last 10 full minutes is just some fuckbucket sitting on a rock in an E25.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3550740#redshire-kaiserschnitzel-t-34-85_rudy

But allow me to ask: why is the guy who finished the game with:

1. Top EXP and damage in the game - for BOTH teams
2. Fire for Effect
3. Pascucci
4. Bruiser
5. High Caliber
6. Defender
7. Top Gun
8. more than TRIPLE the damage of 13 other teammates
9. more than DOUBLE the damage of the 14th teammate
10. "Blue" recent stats
11. 145 games in the last 24 hours with a 55% win rate

A GODDAMN rear end in a top hat?

I'LL TELL YOU WHY HE'S A GODDAMN rear end in a top hat

HE SAT ON TOP OF A loving ROCK FOR 15 MINUTES JERKING HIMSELF OFF WHILE THE REST OF US GOT hosed SILLY

I don't complain an awful lot about w/l streaks, or matchmaking, or artillery shitstorms, or gold rounds, or even OP/unbalanced tanks. I genuinely don't poo poo talk in-game too much at all since the removal of allchat, because it doesn't do any good. poo poo talking the enemy team is just gamesmanship; doing it to your own team is just loving limp. And of course there is so much goddamn retarded poo poo in this game every day that it's easy to understand how a fella could get a little triggered. And last night was goddamn awful. loving TERRIBLE. I haven't had a night like last night in a year. But even as lovely as every other game was last night, those other games didn't do much other than make me a little depressed. It was THIS fucker that really took the cake.

OK - I died because I didn't think that AT2 was going to be able to hit me, and I was wrong. But even had I not done that, I wouldn't have lasted much longer based on the way the team got swarmed immediately thereafter - UNLESS our top tier bullshit invisible rocketpowered machinegun ally TD would have done literally anything other than what he did, which was nothing. This replay is truly a wondrous display of jackassery.

PS I'm never going to that goddamned castle again; I'll tell you that much.

That definitely is an obstinate retard E-25 driver, except the only thing I took away from that replay was: "Hey, how do I get up there?!?" :iamafag:

Hellsau posted:

You know how you do this poo poo correctly? You get to earn the skill-based battle instructions through the game mode, but they don't improve stats at all. They just give you a free skill, so grinding new crews isn't such loving misery. Boom, new players aren't directly outclassed if they've played enough in a line to get their second skill done or whatever.

Translation: Here's another excuse to run bots!

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

ROFLburger posted:

Worst map in the game

My favorite thing about that map is when people ( some people ) figured out you could break it over your knee in a good scout tank. Sometimes both teams had a good and gutsy ( or lucky ) scout and the rounds would be pretty much over in less than five minutes.

My favorite thing about Swamp was that a heavily armored tank in certain spots could hold an entire team up forever. I had a game where, in an IS-4, I solo'd eight enemy players and ate over a hundred and sixty shots. I would have died a lot faster if anyone was willing to shoot gold rounds.

So what's this I hear about broken tier 8 tanks? Do you have to do CW to get them or what?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mod chat: I loving hate Aslain's. Instead of installing everything in res_mods/0.9.18.0 I now have roughly 35 individual Aslains_x folders each holding god knows what. How hard is it to use a logical file structure? :wtc:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:YOU CAN NOW DRAW DICKS ON THE MINIMAP! WOT GOTY 2017!:siren:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

That's XVM. It's the XMQP or something setting on their website.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

McGavin posted:

Truly the greatest innovation since the discovery of fire (Which enabled the drawing of dicks via charred sticks).

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Atomizer posted:

That definitely is an obstinate retard E-25 driver, except the only thing I took away from that replay was: "Hey, how do I get up there?!?" :iamafag:

i'm about 100% sure that an E25 can just toodle on up there easily and with no help. As I watched the replay on the minimap, it looks like he just drove right up there like it was his driveway. I'll training room that poo poo sometime if you want; it's always welcome to do something other in the game than turn into a slobbering bitter ball of impotent range. In fact I would like to explore all kinds of those positions for faster tanks, and in general I feel like I'm doing a disservice to my team by testing that in random battles. I mean, come on - at least a token nod to role responsibility is required, or you're just part of the problem. SO any time I can do something other than battles I'm game. I've actually always wanted to do some sort of video series on how WG explains basic game mechanics like vision/spotting/camo/draw range, which is easy to understand and explain but is of little practical use in-game other than reducing the rage you feel from watching tanks go invisible, or all of a sudden getting lit in a bush when you're obviously being lit from a similar tank in a similar bush some distance away - in other words, just how much choices made with crew skills and consumables between the two tanks dictate the actual distance at which the opposite tanks will be spotted, and why 10-20m view range advantage is mitigated or even voided with a proper understanding of camouflage factor. I UNDERSTAND this very well, but you just can't use that information in a readily accessible way in game because you have no way of knowing specifically what the opposing tank's equipment and skill setup is - whether they have prioritized vision over camo and the like. I had this big epiphany last week when I realized how badly I'd hosed up by picking snap shot/smooth ride on most of my medium and light tanks before camo. And that's only compounded because you get tremendous bonuses to camo factor by running food and vents and BIA - but if you do not have a camo crew those things do not affect your camo rating at all. And even the slight deficit many lights have to same-tier mediums as far as view range mean very little compared to the potential benefits of a true camo setup - full camo, BIA, vents, food, gold spent on panting the vehicle - and at that point you haven't begun to address optics/binocs, whether to take recon or sixth sense if you do not have a 4 skill crew, and whether you have an individual in the tank besides the commander operating the radio to take situational awareness - and if there isn't, the situational awareness bonus is higher than the recon bonus - so, if faced with the choice, which way do you go?

The vision side is much easier, because it ends up with a calculaton in meters. And even though is makes it clear that this "vision range" is in itself a meaningless figure that means nothing without the camo factor of the tank to be spotted in real time, it does a terrible job of explaining that the two figures must both be had to make a calculation, and you can't do that because you don't have the other tank's camo factor - which is even more confusing, because it is presented in a percentage which, although not explained in words, seems to be explained in the WIki explanatian as more or less a percentage reduction applied against the spotting tank's "spotting range" stat and reduces it accordingly to somewhere between 50 meters (00% spotted regardless of camo or concealment) and a declining figures that have no theoretical end but are hard capped at - what - 455 meters. The highest possible "spotting range" a tank will have is something ridiculous like 600+M on an M48 Patton with a 12 skill crew running cola, vents, BIA, binoculars, recon and situational awareness. And although anything over 455m or whatever is not going to be spotted because of game mechanics, that max spotting distance is still relevant because it is that larger number that is reduced by the spotted vehicle's camo factor.

THis then, in turn, means that 455 is a hard cap on what you will ever be able to spot, but it is NOT a hard cap that should not be exceeded when attempting to "max out" your view range. It's not a number to shoot for in that regard. It has no relevance. If the max vision range is 455m period, regardless of your crew or skills or consumables, and you have a goal of "maxing out" your view range at the "spotting range hard cap"of 455m, you're just picking a number for no reason other than that it sounds good. This is because if your view range is 455m, you will NEVER spot a tank that is 455M away - because EVERY tank has at least SOME camo factor that will reduce the distance at which you will spot that individual tank. Even the Maus in the middle of an open field CANNOT be spotted by you at a range of 455m because whatever nominal camo value the Maus has will reduce that 455m figure to something less - admittedly, not MUCH less, but there is no such thing as a negative camo rating. Thus, to "max out" view range, 455 is a terrible number to pick as a goal. True - your view range can be 900m and you will still never spot anything until they reach that 445m mark, but if you're going all in on vision skills you'll appreciate that 455m spot even though the math may work out that without the arbitrary 455m cap you would have spotted the enemy at 600m or whatever.

Which brings us to draw range. Oh lord. It was one thing when it was just a 445M (or 500m) box with you in the center. That was easily explained as a game engine limitation, and that you could see any lit enemy unit within that square but not any units beyond it, even though they may be spotted and you have LOS to that location. The move to the circle was an improvement, but is begs the question: these vehicles already have a max "view range" that is determined starting with the base values of the tank and then moving through skills, equipment, perks, and etc to determine an actual "view range," which will, because of the means of its creation, be different for every tank in the game. Every tank has a unique view distsnce that is at least based on some kind of formula - but draw distance is an arbitrary distance that is the same for every tank - regardless of tier, class, or crew skills or equipment modules. To be fair, I'm sure that there is a game engine reason for this. But to me it seems like a total waste - you shouldn't be able to see a tank that is outside your "view distance" at all, regardless of whether that tank is spotted and within the current "draw distance." Yeah, I know that it's an artificial construct that replicates the radio communication between tanks - but again, you have to wonder: Why would that be limited to 550m when radio range is like 750m?

So, you should have a "spotting range," which is between 50m (auto detect) and your maximum view range, reduced by the concealment of the other tank. The game already does this; it' just has these 4th wall breaking limitations of max spotting distance NO MATTER WHAT and draw range, which as far as I can guess is only a concession to potato PCs. These maps are only like 10kx10k max, right? there's no gameplay reason to have a max draw distance whatsoever. It's spotted and you have LOS regardless of map position, you should be able to take the shot. At this point there is a MEANINGFUL reason to choose between ammo types besides credits and the effectiveness of APCR is diminished for long range; I don't relly recall ANY AP/APCR shells with any real effectiveness beyond like 1km; aiming for "weak spots" 900m away is impossible and in general long term fire will be ineffective. In fact, many tanks would have to fire in indirect mode, just like SPGs, and only a select few tanks could put in any effective fire at all. And iindirect fire would be the only way to attack targets that were outside of direct fire range and spotted by another tank but not by your own. Every capable tank would have god's eye view for those shots - not that they would be used too much, because they would be ineffective. And to make it better, the indirect fire player would have to fire area fire rounds rather than precision shells - because they would not be able to see the enemy tanks personally. Same goes for SPGs - no lit tanks in god view unless a teammate is actively designating that target via direct observation and reporting back to the team. Plus: blind tanks would be truly blind. And TDs couldn't see poo poo without finding good positions near the battle.

To me, it makes sense just because so many tanks had the indirect fire capability, generally for use in barrage fire, and I don't see a way that the typical tank gun in indirect fire mode could be dangerous enough to make people fear/respect it like they do arty - barring, of course, things like the KV2, SU-152, ISU-152 & etc that had an actual real, planned, and effective indirect fire function. But believe me, I see that this will be met with extreme criticism that this will essentially make every player an artillery player and will thus ruin the game. Well, you can always remove arty and indirect fire altogether. Either way, there is a new role for light tanks that is different from that of medium tanks enough that medium tanks would not as a rule be able to do the job better.

But yeah, I don't see any real way to make view range & spotting & concealment reconcile without abolishing the arbitrary and unnecessary spotting cap and draw distance cap. You already have a max view range; make that statistic mean something other than half of the spotting formula.

And just because I think that with a properly set up crew (now that I have seen the light about camo) with similar or sensible allocations of skills and perks, as well as proper equipment chosen for a same-tier medium and light tank, the light tank is going to have in most cases as slight advantage as to whether he or the medium tank will be spotted first despite possible being at a 10m or even 20m view range deficit on the respective tanks without crew or equipment considerations. Not that I don't think it's stupid. It is. But I just don't see it as that huge of a deal given the light tank's superior camo bonuses and other general stealth capabilities. Not as stupid as I thought at first. And, admittedly, to really take advantage of those higher tier lights a 3-skill crew is almost mandatory.

Aaah, Klonopin. Well at least I'm not anxious at all. That's the point of it, I suppose. So I'll stop before I give the other 100 crackpot theories I have to change the game for the better.

lol nobody's going to read all that haha

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
:staredog:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Hellsau posted:

That's XVM. It's the XMQP or something setting on their website.

This was like eighty percent of our tournament and clan wars pre-game, and it clearly worked because we won most of our games this way.

CRABS did not draw dicks on their CW maps. CRABS lost. Or was it CLAWS? W/e they both lost

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

This was like eighty percent of our tournament and clan wars pre-game, and it clearly worked because we won most of our games this way.

CRABS did not draw dicks on their CW maps. CRABS lost. Or was it CLAWS? W/e they both lost

The goonswarm "killed" CRABS because we exposed them for the unprepared entitled little shits that they were. God loving forbid we do a training room to test poo poo out on a new map. Naw let's keep getting farmed by REL-3 on Live Oaks and whoever it was that loving creamed us on Port over and over. Naw I'm sure CRABS can take -G-.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Today was a decent day, except clearly my T-54 LT was the "cursed" tank of the day, because I could NOT loving get a win despite two of those battles having >3k damage from me alone.

McGavin posted:

Mod chat: I loving hate Aslain's. Instead of installing everything in res_mods/0.9.18.0 I now have roughly 35 individual Aslains_x folders each holding god knows what. How hard is it to use a logical file structure? :wtc:

Well Aslain's mod installer works, but yeah, as I said long ago I preferred OMC over Aslain's.

Yeah I watched him on the minimap and I have an idea how he got up there, and there are in fact many of those such locations on various maps (check Youtube for WoT "climbing" or "boosts.") Now while I've seen many of them in action, the thing that I want to know is which tanks can and can't get up there. It's one thing if you're driving the BC or UDES or whatever, but what if you end up in a semi-fast tank on one of those maps? It's hard to tell if you can't get that tank up there or that it just takes more practice.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I would like to explore all kinds of those positions

any time I can do something other than battles I'm game.

Spoken like a true PANSY.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

These maps are only like 10kx10k max, right?

Aren't the biggest maps 1200mx1200m, with most being 1kx1k and some being real tiny?

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Wrong, I even read Atomizer's posts most of the time.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Yeah - I wasn't playing for several months, and I really don't remember that portion of the map being configured that way at all. I've only been there like twice and that was certainly enough to learn my lesson. NEVER AGAIN.

I cannot play the new maps. I don't even know what the heck the deal is with the new Sacred Valley. Paris - I can't tell if this map is any good because I've personally only had good games on it - but I haven't been in a game with two teams that played well against each other, so who the gently caress knows if the map is good or not. And every map plays differently than it did even 8 months ago, but maybe that's just down to every team having 4 light tanks and 3 artillery. Jesus I hope that's just a short-term fad. I really like the game and don't feel bad about taking long breaks, but my god it's nights like last night that make me wonder if there is any hope for the future of the human race. I'd rather run a cheese grater up and down my dick for an hour or so than have another night like that.

Maybe play a different game?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Hellsau posted:

Wrong, I even read Atomizer's posts most of the time.

I have Atomizer on ignore simply because I hate the way he fields those long assed multiple quotes. It's not even that he doesn't post well, he says some good stuff, it's just that the layout does something to my monkey brain that makes me want to bite lumps out of my desk. :confused:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Yeesh, if Burt's bothered by text alternating with more text in quote bubbles then nobody better show him Reddit's layout because then his head will explode. :stare: :psyboom:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
thats the most letters iv ever seen on this site :psypop: i read the part where it said "lol no ones gonna read all that"

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Atomizer posted:

Well Aslain's mod installer works, but yeah, as I said long ago I preferred OMC over Aslain's.

There's also:
http://wot-modpack.com/the-relhax-modpack-for-wot/

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Turmoilx posted:

thats the most letters iv ever seen on this site :psypop: i read the part where it said "lol no ones gonna read all that"

I'm reasonably sure that Elise's triste on Tolkienian Elven genitalia is longer. Things get Lovecraftian.

"elise the great posted:

I feel that it is, however, more likely that JRRT would have viewed his elves as more romantic and less sexual. Certainly they reproduce at an exceedingly slow rate and for an incredibly small window of their adult lives. A Panic elf would be extremely unlikely to live for two thousand or more years and sire no more than three or four offspring. For this reason, we are most likely dealing with the less overt sexual characteristics of a Paracelsean elf, which rules out giant Priapus-style horse cocks that are eternally bone-ready, but leaves us with less to go on than we might need, if we're gonna pour a giant silicone elf dick....

I thought way the gently caress too much about this. I consulted the LACE about this. gently caress every last one of you for goading me into this nightmare of grisly overanalytic humiliation. I hope all your girlfriends catch you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Swamp was a real sick CW map after it had been removed from random battles, but before the redesign. Good old reddish-brown diarrhea Swamp. I still remember playing with PURPL on that map, and having to execute a clanmate for deliberately ignoring a call and then us winning with all 14 remaining tanks alive.

Bring back Dragon Ridge.

There was nothing wrong with Dragon Ridge.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Hellsau posted:

The goonswarm "killed" CRABS because we exposed them for the unprepared entitled little shits that they were. God loving forbid we do a training room to test poo poo out on a new map. Naw let's keep getting farmed by REL-3 on Live Oaks and whoever it was that loving creamed us on Port over and over. Naw I'm sure CRABS can take -G-.

I remember playing clan wars with goons and it was kind of fun, most of the time, even when we lost. The pre-game was chill and took about ten minutes, if that. "Who's got what? OK. You guys, you go here. You guys, you go here." Then there'd be a brief run down. Sometimes someone would say, "Hey, what if X happens?" or "What if we did this instead?", and there would be a brief explanation of why it was a stupid idea or a consideration of that. Sometimes we even did training.

Anyone that wanted to could try commanding a battle, and it was generally frowned upon to be an rear end in a top hat ( unless it was funny ).

Then we scattered and some of us ended up in less poo poo clans ( KTTY? OTTR? ), and the rest of us... lol. Maybe two commanders in a clan of a hundred. They were really used to fighting so-so clans and using OK organization to roll them.

It was funny how they were openly hostile to the idea of training, or trying to come up with new plans, or... any kind of prep at all. That last battle was like the final scene from Downfall, only Hitler went dead silent and some random commander stood up and said, "Anyone mind if I take over? No? OK. Everyone click the Russians."

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
you guys should try something like this http://imgur.com/a/JZNsg and thats how i decided to play is7 as my first tank pick of the day

pushed my luck pressing battle more than once got this mm (we won by capping but i died badly in the city ) http://imgur.com/a/nED1S

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 3, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Relic has a horribly useless, outdated mod installer for their horribly useless, outdated clan.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It was funny how they were openly hostile to the idea of training, or trying to come up with new plans, or... any kind of prep at all. That last battle was like the final scene from Downfall, only Hitler went dead silent and some random commander stood up and said, "Anyone mind if I take over? No? OK. Everyone click the Russians."

That random commander clearly doesn't respect the chain of command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Some of us will actually read effort posts.

Mesadoram posted:

There was nothing wrong with Dragon Ridge.

The 1st iteration had some issues. Don't know if I got to play the 2nd iteration.

Hellsau posted:

Aren't the biggest maps 1200mx1200m, with most being 1kx1k and some being real tiny?

I don't think any map is 1200x1200 in active rotation. Smallest ones are 600x600.