Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

poty posted:

the only podcast in english i listen to is the slate political gabfest

in crapple news tim is going to start charging a $150 tax on people who dont know about the hey siri feature because apple is the new xiaomi and just blindly copies whatever new products sell well

https://9to5mac.com/2017/05/01/siri-speaker-kgi-wwdc-home-ai/

Apple leaker Sonny Dickson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

qirex posted:

it's almost like just because something has a processor and a screen that doesn't make it automatically a good home for ~*apps*~

huh just this weekend i was wondering where the google maps app had gone

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

poty posted:

lol that a bunch of yospos superstars have outed themselves as consumers of amateur blogger podcasts. the video podcasts i watch are the evening news and documentaries from my countrys equivalent of the bbc. same with the audio podcasts theyre all just downloadable version of actual radio shows from well funded stations with npr-like production values or better.

i agree that if youre into the talk show with johnny fireball and the dorklords or the unwitting weekly autism study with marco the goon then you dont need video but why would you do that. how is that insightful

again, podcasts are something you listen to in the background. if it's a really interesting podcast i'll stop what i'm doing and listen, but thanks to video podcasts i have no choice but to stare at my phone with undivided attention for an hour.

video podcasts should be put on youtube or wherever so you can watch them in a better way than on your drat phone. "I don't have time to watch the evening news!" *stares at phone for an hour*

and LOL and SMDH if you get your news from the evening news on TV or TV in video podcast form. enjoy your soundbites and oversimplifications.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
are mexicans considered whites or blacks find out tonight

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ufarn posted:

this is the kind of idea that sounds nice in theory but which timb is going to find six ways to gently caress up

much like siri

i've still given up using siri to schedule events using ios because it never loving works

tbf gruber always talks about how far ahead apple that google is when it comes to this and in my experience theyre both bad in different ways

you know maybe this tech isnt quite ready for prime time if its all a pile of poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I wish there were a way to turn off Siri's flavor responses without disabling the voice response entirely.

"oh a watched iPhone never boils. sure glad it said that instead of confirming the time it set."

if they do release a stand alone Siri then that poo poo is going to get old even faster.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
"Humor, seventy-five percent"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

I wish there were a way to turn off Siri's flavor responses without disabling the voice response entirely.

"oh a watched iPhone never boils. sure glad it said that instead of confirming the time it set."

if they do release a stand alone Siri then that poo poo is going to get old even faster.

that's one thing Cortana is noticeably better at. she always repeats back what you asked as a form of confirmation. the confirmation response has slight variations that add slight flavor without compromising the response.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
and she has toes

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Doc Block posted:

again, podcasts are something you listen to in the background. if it's a really interesting podcast i'll stop what i'm doing and listen, but thanks to video podcasts i have no choice but to stare at my phone with undivided attention for an hour.

video podcasts should be put on youtube or wherever so you can watch them in a better way than on your drat phone. "I don't have time to watch the evening news!" *stares at phone for an hour*

and LOL and SMDH if you get your news from the evening news on TV or TV in video podcast form. enjoy your soundbites and oversimplifications.

video podcasts are pretty good for the gym on cardio days IMHO

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

infernal machines posted:

and she has toes

don't forget the big honking bazongas

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
big blue boobs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Doc Block posted:

im gonna melt the gently caress down

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://live.arstechnica.com/apples-q2-2017-earnings-call/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i expect an extremely meh quarter

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

timb, the cuck index is off the charts this quarter

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
also they accidentally included "%" characters on that chart lmbo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the real shock is they appear to have found almost a thousand people who bought airpods

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

the real shock is they appear to have found almost a thousand people who bought airpods

i suppose we should be thankful since this will be the only way we'll see the airbuds sales data

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Apple Inc (AAPL.O) reported a surprise fall in iPhone sales for the second quarter on Tuesday, indicating that customers had held back purchases in anticipation of the 10th-anniversary edition launch of the company's most important product.

Shares of the world's most valuable listed company were down 1.2 percent at $145.78 in after-hours trading.

The company boosted its capital return program by $50 billion, increasing its share repurchase authorization by $35 billion and raising its quarterly dividend by 10.5 percent.

Apple sold 50.76 million iPhones in its fiscal second quarter ended April 1, down from 51.19 million a year earlier.

Analysts on average had estimated iPhone sales of 52.27 million, according to financial data and analytics firm FactSet.

However, revenue from the smartphones rose 1.2 percent in the quarter.

Expectations are building ahead of Apple's 10th-anniversary iPhone range this fall, with investors hoping that the launch would help bolster sales.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

timb release the se2

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol at the idea that any normies give a drat about a 10th anniversary model iphone, there's maybe like 10k people in the world for whom "ooh a special edition is coming I'll wait for that" has ever crossed their minds

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

qirex posted:

lol at the idea that any normies give a drat about a 10th anniversary model iphone, there's maybe like 10k people in the world for whom "ooh a special edition is coming I'll wait for that" has ever crossed their minds

add in people who are anticipating a price drop on existing models and you get a more sizable sample size

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qirex posted:

still though, most people are self-aware enough to know that there should be an iphone in 4 months, and they wait for that. its not just people calling next iphone anniversary, its apple businessspeak circlejerking itself with a fact

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

timb release the se2

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Apple Inc (AAPL.O) reported a surprise fall in iPhone sales for the second quarter on Tuesday, indicating that customers had held back purchases in anticipation of the 10th-anniversary edition launch of the company's most important product.

actually the sales fell because the iphone 7 is too big and lacks a headphone jack

and then once the se came out they got the correct and best iphone

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

still though, most people are self-aware enough to know that there should be an iphone in 4 months, and they wait for that. its not just people calling next iphone anniversary, its apple businessspeak circlejerking itself with a fact

yeah but apple didn't say that whatever fanboy who styles themselves an amateur financial analyst did

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao forgot about the no headphone jack. lol iphones are terrible.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qirex posted:

yeah but apple didn't say that whatever fanboy who styles themselves an amateur financial analyst did
that's reuters reporting, hth

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mishaq posted:

actually the sales fell because the iphone 7 is too big and lacks a headphone jack

and then once the se came out they got the correct and best iphone
the sales fell by a margin of error

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the sales fell by a margin of error

yes the margin by which sales fell was indeed due to an error.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

yes the margin by which sales fell was indeed due to an error.

:eyepop:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lol wired headphones

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't miss having a headphone port

ufarn
May 30, 2009
the mbp15 se

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Silver Alicorn posted:

I don't miss having a headphone port

he lisped, yosposishly

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

"if you combined the apple watch line with the airpods and throw the beats products in there too, you'd add up to the revenue of a fortune 500 company! so everything is super great with all of those!" - timb

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the slow decline begins

tim'll probably be out in two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Stymie posted:

the slow decline begins