Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I don't know what the heck they did with the maintenance today but I've been having some FPS issues recently and they have completely and entirely vanished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
How has Samuro ever been balanced. Holy gently caress that hero is stupid.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Can someone let me know what the rewards are for this weeks overwatch event tie in thingy and what the requirement to unlock them are?

I'm at work so I can't check the official source.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

stupid bad? yes, I agree

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

ELI PORTER posted:

I don't know what the heck they did with the maintenance today but I've been having some FPS issues recently and they have completely and entirely vanished.

This gives me hope. Two nights in a row I've had one game where the entire thing turns into a slideshow, and it wasn't a lag issue. It affected all my UI elements and the mouse cursor. I was starting to get worried.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zaodai posted:

Can someone let me know what the rewards are for this weeks overwatch event tie in thingy and what the requirement to unlock them are?

I'm at work so I can't check the official source.

Some police hovercar things for Heroes and then the D.Va cop skin for Overwatch. You have to do 5 games in quickplay or I think AI? I don't remember but you have to be with a friend

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The cop mount actually looks pretty sweet

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yorkshire Tea posted:

He has no sustain. If he's not literally last pick, counter with CC, DoT/reveals (Lunara & Tracer), a self sustain solo laner, AOE (Kael best by far), blinds.

Go back a page for how to get gud vs stealth I guess

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
His stealth isn't that great when used offensively. You don't really need to worry about him ganking you since he has no burst and no cc. He's strong a split pusher on large maps that's almost impossible to punish because he can stealth away. He can also bring enough damage to a team fight to contribute without being totally busted. He's pretty solid but serves a specific purpose. Really good on a map like Junction.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 2, 2017

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Being against a samuro who likes to hang out in lanes is just the best because it makes it super easy to stack quests quickly.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Do you continue to get diamonds or whatever the $realmoney currency is called? Every 25 levels, or does it stop eventually? I wanted three of the heroes that were 50% off last week, and used some of the 1000 diamonds the game gave me. I got Raynor from the recruit link someone posted earlier, a couple heroes from loot, hero from finishing the tutorial, and now I'm up to 28 owned. I've been playing for 3 days :banjo:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Being against a samuro who likes to hang out in lanes is just the best because it makes it super easy to stack quests quickly.

I watched chu8 get up to 50 stacks on the Azmodan quest in 2:30 because a Samuro was in lane, it was pretty funny.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I watched chu8 get up to 50 stacks on the Azmodan quest in 2:30 because a Samuro was in lane, it was pretty funny.

Which quest? Does the Taste for blood trigger on the illusion deaths?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Getting the Jade Monkey King skin for Samuro makes me wish I was actually good with him. He seems really solid if you can actually pull off the sort of stuff Grubby does with the Illusion Master heroic where you use it to juke people constantly and split push, but that's just way above my skill grade.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Minorkos posted:

Which quest? Does the Taste for blood trigger on the illusion deaths?

Sieging Wrath triggers on heroes being hit with the dunk.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Sieging Wrath triggers on heroes being hit with the dunk.

Yeah it was Sieging Wrath, I couldn't remember the name :shobon:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Pretty sure Sieging Wrath only goes up to 25 stacks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Is Sonya a solid solo queue champ? Do you typically spec her for brawler or merc camps? I guess the only real talent difference is the level 4?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Is Sonya a solid solo queue champ? Do you typically spec her for brawler or merc camps? I guess the only real talent difference is the level 4?

Sonya is great for solo queue because she has the following

1) She can fight pretty much everyone in 1v1 and trade up.
2) Her hook is one of the best "WE ARE FIGHTING NOW" signs you can give your team, only superseded by Leap if you take it at 10.
3) With merc lord you can take camps and push lanes by yourself. If someone comes to mess with you pushing see #1

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So I knew Brightwing's Bribe would be good on Hanamura but had no idea how loving good Brightwing's Bribe would be on Hanamura.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
:boom:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I think sonya can still solo most merc camps without merc lord. I would always go focused attack and become a huge lane and team fighting bully.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

laughing out out out out out out out out out out out loud

Musluk
May 23, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

laughing out out out out out out out out out out out loud

no its obv laughing ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooout loud.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I think sonya can still solo most merc camps without merc lord. I would always go focused attack and become a huge lane and team fighting bully.

Correct, but it probably requires level 1 heal on auto-attack talent.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Does Blizzard do anything to encourage offline events for HotS like they do with Fireside Gatherings in Hearthstone?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Ciaphas posted:

On one of those brawl maps where it's just everybody in a one lane clusterfuck, the other team had picked two Samuros (lol) and I picked Falstad and took the hit hero dudes with your hammer quest.

The hammer very quickly became ridiculous, it was great.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Musluk posted:

Correct, but it probably requires level 1 heal on auto-attack talent.

I feel like this is the talent you should be taking 99% of the time anyway.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Getting the Jade Monkey King skin for Samuro makes me wish I was actually good with him. He seems really solid if you can actually pull off the sort of stuff Grubby does with the Illusion Master heroic where you use it to juke people constantly and split push, but that's just way above my skill grade.

I hated Samuro until I got a random Monkey King skin. His regular voice is just so bad and annoying.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Yeah decoy characters are also great with someone like Leoric. "Yeah that's cool it's just a decoy, it's not juking my ghost hand and I'm still getting free health."
The only time I've really had trouble with Samuro is his decoys can chew through a tank that doesn't have decent aoe if they try and sit and fight the decoys rather than just moving away.
But that was more a learning experience that "Oh, you can't just ignore them like Nova's decoy once you've seen Samuro escape." Otherwise yeah I only tried Samuro after the initial launch nerfs, and he just feels like a broken and disappointing character, like he trades off being slippery and never killable for never being able to threaten during a teamfight, and it's not like he's amazing at laning. Only time it really felt like I was bringing something to a teamfight with Samuro was after getting the upgrade so his decoys join in on his ult.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
Samuro can be surprisingly good at tank busting after 16. With the 60% attack speed up he can do 1100+ dps (assuming your images focus) which will shred basically anything. Tanks never expect it so they won't automatically walk away from you.

Otherwise, yeah, you need roots or something to do damage as Samuro.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Still testing the waters since I just started playing on the weekend, Raynor is definitely the most newbie-friendly hero I've tried. Picked up Zarya and I've been liking her a lot too. On the support side, Malfurion and Tassadar are the ones I'm having the most fun with.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Froghammer posted:

So I knew Brightwing's Bribe would be good on Hanamura but had no idea how loving good Brightwing's Bribe would be on Hanamura.

What makes it so good? Mercs just seemed spectacularly pointless on that map to me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

What makes it so good? Mercs just seemed spectacularly pointless on that map to me.

They're a big chunk of XP and there are several merc camps comprised of a single mercenary unit that also gives you a one-shot healing item.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kai Tave posted:

I feel like this is the talent you should be taking 99% of the time anyway.

I usually go with the fury talent, that gives a pretty huge amount of value.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

They're a big chunk of XP and there are several merc camps comprised of a single mercenary unit that also gives you a one-shot healing item.

Mercs give significant XP now?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
On that map they do

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well, poo poo. Does the game actually tell anyone that anywhere? Seems an odd thing to change up the rules like that.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I don't know if they give more, but its an already xp-starved map since it only has 2 lanes.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bloody Pom posted:

Still testing the waters since I just started playing on the weekend, Raynor is definitely the most newbie-friendly hero I've tried. Picked up Zarya and I've been liking her a lot too. On the support side, Malfurion and Tassadar are the ones I'm having the most fun with.

If you take all the talents that up your AA damage Raynor is pretty good, I don't really understand people who despise him. His +survivability/aoe buff powers are OK also but not as good.

Zarya is infuriating when played well, Malfurion is considered one of the best supports, and Tassadar since his re-work has been real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
Related to Hanamura, how are TLV on that map? Since just looking at it it seems like their kind of map for TLV brand bullshit but I haven't been able to get on and test it.