Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Next banner: Aileen, Sozhe, Heltich, and Ulrica.

Aileeen seems pretty good. Her TM is her best weapon, similar to Olive, she has HP and MP regen options for the whole party. She apparently displaces Orlandu as best unit once she gets her enhancements, not sure if the others on the banner are worth pulling for though, Sozhe is probably good, but the others look like garbage with crap TMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone was praising Yuna's LB and wondering how much it would take to fill. Well she dropped on JP and the answer is 30 crystals with no fill rate boosting passives. Yeah you're not getting all that goodness for free. Even with 4 TMs giving you 8 crystals per turn that's a good 3 turns to fill up (assuming you get the remaining 6 from combat)

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Only ever Abused force close for Maxwell, everything else just did.

What about if the app just closes on itself? MEmu does that a lot, and even done that sometimes on my phone.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Someone was praising Yuna's LB and wondering how much it would take to fill. Well she dropped on JP and the answer is 30 crystals with no fill rate boosting passives. Yeah you're not getting all that goodness for free. Even with 4 TMs giving you 8 crystals per turn that's a good 3 turns to fill up (assuming you get the remaining 6 from combat)

I believe there's a TM or trial reward that gives High Tide (100% LB fill rate) to the wearer, but yeah Yuna's not going to be spamming her LB unless you have an entrust battery that can top her off every round it looks like.

PaybackJack posted:

Next banner: Aileen, Sozhe, Heltich, and Ulrica.

Aileeen seems pretty good. Her TM is her best weapon, similar to Olive, she has HP and MP regen options for the whole party. She apparently displaces Orlandu as best unit once she gets her enhancements, not sure if the others on the banner are worth pulling for though, Sozhe is probably good, but the others look like garbage with crap TMs.

Post-enhance Aileen is the only damage unit ranked higher than Orlandu, IIRC. Even before enhancements she's still top tier. Definitely needs her TM weapon to be effective though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Post-enhance Aileen is the only damage unit ranked higher than Orlandu, IIRC. Even before enhancements she's still top tier. Definitely needs her TM weapon to be effective though.

I gotta say I like Tidus kit a lot more. 12 hit attack, party wide mana regen as well, solid AOE, Focus+Cheer baked into a ST attack and not tied to an element for damage though you can make him water for added damage.

He's definitely someone I'll be rolling hard for, and with Rikku on his banner too, it's a no brainer.

However that's around 6 banners away so that kind of suck.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I thought Tidus was on a different banner before the actual FFX one?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Guide is up based on the Japanese event.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/shadow-of-the-empire/

Here's a screenshot:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Does this sync up with the steam game or an I think of another game

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Fenrir posted:

I thought Tidus was on a different banner before the actual FFX one?

He was, but I'm almost certain they'll hold him off that banner this time around. There's already a base 5 on it and I don't think we've seen a double 5 base banner since Ramza/Delita. They also don't seem to like doing 5 character banners outside of the players choice.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

Does this sync up with the steam game or an I think of another game
No, you're thinking of Mobius, the 3D game. This one's 2D.

Cartoon Man posted:

Guide is up based on the Japanese event.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/shadow-of-the-empire/

Here's a screenshot:

Glad I also immediately thought of that on seeing the title.

So they're just gonna randomly throw Antenolla and Ifrit Jr. at us in the Elite stage huh? Fair.

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 2, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

So they're just gonna randomly throw Antenolla and Ifrit Jr. at us in the Elite stage huh? Fair.

On the plus side, a 5* moogle. some ice megacrysts and a star quartz aren't anything to kill yourself over. The mission rewards are mp +15% and 40 lapis. That's not very enticing either. I'll probably just skip ELT.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

On the plus side, a 5* moogle. some ice megacrysts and a star quartz aren't anything to kill yourself over. The mission rewards are mp +15% and 40 lapis. That's not very enticing either. I'll probably just skip ELT.

Unless it gets buffed, it sounds like an easy win, just keep everybody above 100% FR. Bring Minifilia. I'll put my Marie back up. Easy peasy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

I believe there's a TM or trial reward that gives High Tide (100% LB fill rate) to the wearer, but yeah Yuna's not going to be spamming her LB unless you have an entrust battery that can top her off every round it looks like.

Unless they're missing something, the wiki says you can't craft it, or get it for other characters elsewhere. It's only available on units that learn it: Chizuru, Garnet, Cecil, and Ling.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

today from the free ticket i keep desperately pulling for a setzer. blue, reform to gold! hope! somehow he has been the 4* i have pulled the last three times in a row. i wish i saved for eileen but also base 5* is a crapshoot anyway and of the four i pulled literally not a single one of them was on banner, so.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im not pulling for eileen and I seriously dont think I'm going to even half pull during this banner because anything not a 5* is going to be a waste. I'll stock up all my lapis and tickets for tidus and rikku.

Its an incredibly weak banner if it wasn't for eileens massive buffs through enhancements. Half thinking Gumi buffed her that hard just to make her banner more appealing on global when it came to.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im not pulling for eileen and I seriously dont think I'm going to even half pull during this banner because anything not a 5* is going to be a waste. I'll stock up all my lapis and tickets for tidus and rikku.

Its an incredibly weak banner if it wasn't for eileens massive buffs through enhancements. Half thinking Gumi buffed her that hard just to make her banner more appealing on global when it came to.

The "should you pull" post agrees with you.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/68s5nd/defianthermits_should_you_pull_ffbe_banner_may_4/

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
It's humorous how every banner now has a unit that outclasses the last, or makes one highly sought after unit obsolete.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hagie posted:

It's humorous how every banner now has a unit that outclasses the last, or makes one highly sought after unit obsolete.

i still prefer that to say, the type zero banners. i think it's basically always been banners with a single good unit or banners with absolutely nothing worth pulling except maybe a good tm

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Brave Frontier had niche units that were broken so it ultimately had the same problem, but unlike in BF a single 5* base unit in FFBE is the difference between farming ADV and ELT. Kind of frustrating when they're 0.2% chance to pull or whatever.

suuma fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 2, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

lol those three stars characters :itwaspoo:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Luneth < Gilgamesh < Lightning < Noctis < Olive < Orlandu < Frevia < Setzer

I am so glad I'm not consumed by the game that OMG YOU HAVE TO PULL FOR THIS UNIT only for it to be outclassed by the next release then the next then the next.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have a Noctis or Orlandu in my kit, but that cycle I showed above is at minimum $400 of single 11 pulls IF you have superior luck and land the unit on first attempt.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Im just gonna stick to my method of hoarding until a good time limited 4* shows up, pull for it, then resume hoarding for the next one, seeing as ill pull everyone i missed whole chasing the banner unit anyway, and the only one ive regret missing is ling.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Unit spreadsheet has been updated.

This upcoming banner is a pretty terrible banner. Don't pull unless you're ready to commit hundreds to get Aileen. She'll be back on other, better banners during anniversaries and whatnot.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

I am so glad I'm not consumed by the game that OMG YOU HAVE TO PULL FOR THIS UNIT only for it to be outclassed by the next release then the next then the next.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have a Noctis or Orlandu in my kit, but that cycle I showed above is at minimum $400 of single 11 pulls IF you have superior luck and land the unit on first attempt.

There should be a way to grind a few base 5*s to get to pick the 5* you want. I'll trade these two t.terras and a delita for tidus every single day of the year

Its so loving dissapointing when you roll a 5* and its delita, queen or a caster.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my first non rakshasha rainbow draw was a ramza and while he's good for a lot of various things, not being one of those gently caress you carry everything good five stars was sorta a big disappointment. then i had that weird little string where i pulled several more and ended up with olive and now i am super stoked to have that ramza when enhancements show up.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

my first non rakshasha rainbow draw was a ramza and while he's good for a lot of various things, not being one of those gently caress you carry everything good five stars was sorta a big disappointment. then i had that weird little string where i pulled several more and ended up with olive and now i am super stoked to have that ramza when enhancements show up.

Ramza totally is a "gently caress you carry everything" unit. Just not yet. Congrats on your awesome pulls!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Ramza totally is a "gently caress you carry everything" unit. Just not yet. Congrats on your awesome pulls!

He's also going to be your permanent friend unit for the rest of time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ramza is THE defining bard character in the game the same way Orlandu redefined chaining/damage. Their only success at making another bard character since then was Roy, which is just a different taste of Ramza with more updated combo gimmicks. Took them a while to hit on the doublehand finisher meta, which is weird how they implemented it so quickly here with a monster character like Olive. Now it seems they've finally succeeded in setting up a gimmick that works for summoners.

They were so close to getting a caster gimmick that works with Lulu, but they hosed up by making her strongest spells imperil the wrong element and they made her right imperil be dependent on her getting hit to counter with it.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
I feel bad for all you people skipping the story.

Lid dropkicking Jake and threatening to tie Rain's crotch in a knot with his was amazing. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They even gave her a unique sprite for that one scene, it was great. Jake was really pushing it with his casanova nonsense.

So, I had a really bizarre "Beat boss with Esper" mission mishap. I work him down all the way to 10K HP and use Ifrit. It does 7.5K damage, annoying me as I'll have to do an Exploration stage all over again. And then poison damage kills the boss anyway. Yet I somehow still got the Lapis for beating the boss with an Esper. Really weird but good bug.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cooking TMs, thought I had three Inguses for 3 L&A, turns out I only had 2.... and one had 5% TMR :smith: Might have to settle for DW, L&A, L&A, MAG+30% for caster TMs

Also no recovery week in the arena is the worst. Ling usually bails me out of eating Fire Flask, without that I've had multiple matches go to round 10 where a lone ribbon'd enemy tried futilely to kill my Ling who can't do poo poo back.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

Unless they're missing something, the wiki says you can't craft it, or get it for other characters elsewhere. It's only available on units that learn it: Chizuru, Garnet, Cecil, and Ling.

The wiki only lists global content.

hagie posted:

:lol:

Orlandu isn't Outclasses by Fryevia*, let alone Setzer. Setzer's entire thing is being an RNG finisher that you hope pulls off a 55555/77777 hit during a maxxed out chain with as many killer passives as you can stack. He can work as a chainer but unlike Orlandu he isn't going to do murderous damage with his chain.

* Her BiS damage potential is higher but her ideal damage setup is a doublehand build meaning a much shorter chain, and to get that damage you need to use her skill in a fairly long chain (like DR spam, or double Endless).

Cao Ni Ma posted:

There should be a way to grind a few base 5*s to get to pick the 5* you want. I'll trade these two t.terras and a delita for tidus every single day of the year

Its so loving dissapointing when you roll a 5* and its delita, queen or a caster.

I'd instantly mulch both Queens and Fryevia if gave me Ramza.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ramza is THE defining bard character in the game the same way Orlandu redefined chaining/damage. Their only success at making another bard character since then was Roy, which is just a different taste of Ramza with more updated combo gimmicks. Took them a while to hit on the doublehand finisher meta, which is weird how they implemented it so quickly here with a monster character like Olive. Now it seems they've finally succeeded in setting up a gimmick that works for summoners.

They figured out how to do doublehand monsters by the time Randi got his enhancements. Olive was just the global team doing what Gumi's global team does (make units that're either OP or worthless).

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

:lol:

Orlandu isn't Outclasses by Fryevia*, let alone Setzer. Setzer's entire thing is being an RNG finisher that you hope pulls off a 55555/77777 hit during a maxxed out chain with as many killer passives as you can stack. He can work as a chainer but unlike Orlandu he isn't going to do murderous damage with his chain.

I AM speaking as a pleeb that has none of the mentioned units.

I only crafted that up as an observer about how it is suggested that everyone pull for every unit because they are some kind of game changer.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

I AM speaking as a pleeb that has none of the mentioned units.

I only crafted that up as an observer about how it is suggested that everyone pull for every unit because they are some kind of game changer.

Anyone with just an Orlandeau is set for a pretty drat long time. The fatal flaw with all these super hyped DDs like Fryevia, Aileen, Tidus, etc. is that they're terrible at chaining relative to TGC. No one's going to unseat him from that niche until OK and even then, his interaction with D Veritas still keeps him as a top chainer/DD even with OK around.

To me, the gamechanger units have always been just TGC and Rikku. Tilith and Ayaka are amazing no doubt but we have plenty of other healers. Tidus/Aileen's damage isn't unique. TGC's perfect chain capability and Rikku's toolkit and re-raise just don't have any alternatives except for OK on the chaining front.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 2, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm still kind of amazed how Rikku's kit ended up the way it is, because she just does everything.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Anyone with just an Orlandeau is set for a pretty drat long time. The fatal flaw with all these super hyped DDs like Fryevia, Aileen, Tidus, etc. is that they're terrible at chaining relative to TGC. No one's going to unseat him from that niche until OK and even then, his interaction with D Veritas still keeps him as a top chainer/DD even with OK around.

To me, the gamechanger units have always been just TGC and Rikku. Tilith and Ayaka are amazing no doubt but we have plenty of other healers. Tidus/Aileen's damage isn't unique. TGC's perfect chain capability and Rikku's toolkit and re-raise just don't have any alternatives except for OK on the chaining front.

Basically if you pull any of the 5^s after Orlandeau, you need to pull them in duplicate so they can chain off each other. On the plus side, while they are harder to chain off other units, they all have a lot more utility and support to go along with their damage chains.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So what makes Rikku so baller

is she a drug dealer like in her game?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Shoenin posted:

So what makes Rikku so baller

is she a drug dealer like in her game?

http://exvius.wiki/Rikku

She has an Arise that hits the whole party.

She can cover fire/ice/water/lightning with a decent ST attack.

She has a 1000hp party wide heal that also cures poison, stone, and silence.

She has three abilitites that get need a turn to setup:
One is a flat 19998 damage AOE
The next is 1.8x damage to all enemies and inflicts 2 random status
The third gives 40% elemental resistance and 30% damage reduction to the whole party.

Her LB is maybe even her best skill as it grants Auto Revive with 80% HP to the entire party and buffs DEF/SPR

Her TM is an accessory that gives DEF +3 and 3 abilities
Chaos Grenade:
Physical damage (1.8x) to all enemies (1 hit)
1 random status ailment (Poison/Blind/Sleep/Silence/Paralyze/Confuse/Virus - 30%, Petrify - 100%) to all enemies
Decrease ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (30%) for 3 turns to all enemies

Cure All: Cure all status ailments to all allies

Eccentric: Increase LB gauge fill rate (200%) for 5 turns to all allies

That last one is probably going to be useful for Yuna.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 3, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

edit: beaten so instead ill just brag that continuing to pull when i shouldnt always rewards me

I got Delita on a daily last week too so this has been the third rainbow this banner, its treated me well.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh man, gratz on that. Someday my Prince will come.

• Locked thread