Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Human Grand Prix posted:

Your posts are very bad, even going by the standards of this thread.

Yeah but you called Xaus an aryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The problem with Bottas is that he's boring. That's literally it. If he cracked jokes or frowned or maybe showed emotion we wouldn't even be talking about this. His driving is fine; he's not dangerous, he seems ok when he's out front. He's not spectacular by any means but we haven't seen much actual racing from him yet in this car.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pik_d posted:

Yeah but you called Xaus an aryan

Aryans are Iranians. Putting my foot down.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's not go there, thanks.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Gigi Galli posted:

The problem with Bottas is that he's boring. That's literally it. If he cracked jokes or frowned or maybe showed emotion we wouldn't even be talking about this. His driving is fine; he's not dangerous, he seems ok when he's out front. He's not spectacular by any means but we haven't seen much actual racing from him yet in this car.

He's less boring than Kimi, but people seem to love him

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
Kimi is so aggressively boring that people can't help but like him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Sometimes Kimi says wackadoo poo poo and falls off boats.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You are broken if you think Bottas is less boring than Kimi

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes Kimi remembers how to drive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hell I like Kimi Raikkonen

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm sure Kimi would try harder if he wasn't straight up told they'll gently caress him over for vettel in a second, and if they didn't make him talk to Eddie Jordan on the podiums.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kimi is just trying to cut back on his alcohol consumption so he's happy on 4th most of the time

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Nah, Kimi gets mad and drunk, also

wicka posted:

Sometimes Kimi says wackadoo poo poo and falls off boats.

Maybe we just haven't seen enough of Bottas to judge the stupid poo poo that he says. It took Kimi a while to become endearing.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

You are broken if you think Bottas is less boring than Kimi

Kimi likes to party, he has a tattoo, and he also drove rally cars, so at least he shows some life. That pic of Bottas smiling at his trophy honestly made me wonder if he was mentally handicapped. :downs:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bottas' girlfriend is the best thing about him. Put her on the car instead.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Could Are Scud have some sort of traction control?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/does-mystery-new-dial-offer-clue-to-ferraris-f1-tyre-edge-901013/

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
Well Done Baku

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/5/the-black-eyed-peas--nicole-scherzinger-to-perform-in-baku.html

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I thought the Black Eyed Peas ceased to exist after they royally poo poo up the super bowl halftime.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica

iospace posted:

I thought the Black Eyed Peas ceased to exist after they royally poo poo up the super bowl halftime.

I care more about the impending breakdown and DNF from Lewis because Nicole is there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

She should show up with Jense on her arm and make him absolutely lose it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Nah, Kimi gets mad and drunk, also

Maybe we just haven't seen enough of Bottas to judge the stupid poo poo that he says. It took Kimi a while to become endearing.

Do you really think Bottas is out there entering speedboat races as "James Hunt"?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

tupacalypse posted:

I care more about the impending breakdown and DNF from Lewis because Nicole is there.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

tupacalypse posted:

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Gigi Galli posted:

The problem with Bottas is that he's boring. That's literally it. If he cracked jokes or frowned or maybe showed emotion we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Unpopular opinion: I thought his "ha ha, gently caress me" radio call was a breath of fresh, amusing air compared to the usual hollering and screaming we get from the likes of Vettel

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

andyf posted:

Unpopular opinion: I thought his "ha ha, gently caress me" radio call was a breath of fresh, amusing air compared to the usual hollering and screaming we get from the likes of Vettel

I have to agree actually. Just more proof of how good he is.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

tupacalypse posted:

Finally a reason to care about a race at Baku. :allears:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

wicka posted:

Do you really think Bottas is out there entering speedboat races as "James Hunt"?

I don't know maybe he is!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Bottas was born in Nastola, Finland on 28 August 1989 to Rauno Bottas and Marianne Välimaa. His father owns a small cleaning company. His mother is an undertaker. He used to have a dog named Rubens Barichello. He was educated in Heinola. Bottas served in the army briefly, which is mandatory for adult males in Finland. His military rank is Corporal.

This is one hell of a Wikipedia intro.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Corporal Bottas?

Apparently the moose pics were a prank by his trainer or some poo poo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think everyone should call him Cpl. Butt rear end now. Also Baku Welcomed Nicole

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Cpl Bowtass

I can get behind this.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh that Nicole was Lewis's Nicole. Nicole will be there giving a concert, Nico will gently caress his gorgeous wife and Valtteri will give his cute girlfriend a big hug. Lewis will hate-jerk in his Merc green room.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
His mom is literally an undertaker. That says it all.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's kinda nice they're real people with real jobs. Undertaker and cleaning guy is more endearing to me than rich gently caress, which is the job description of many F1 parents.

and that's Valtteri's path to F1. For Americans, this is what the real deal looks like. Formula Renault is hardcore. GP3 is hardcore.

This is also super consistent.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 3, 2017

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Europe deffo has the better open wheel ladder series. Mazda Road to Indy has been poo poo forever, but got decent a few years back. Euro feeder series, iirc, have a lot of competition from other series up to GP2.

Also, talent pool since most American drivers want to go tin tops for the money.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No, I meant this is what a F1 driver looks like. These are the series you need to do well in. The fact there aren't any Americans with a resume like wasn't really my point, but it's a point sure.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

aequalis posted:

And finally, Happy 1994 Imola GP Anniversary

LOL I was born the day senna died.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
youre the same age as Dakota Fanning. Please never speak to me again

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tony Montana posted:

Please never speak to me again

I don't think you need to ask this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Tony Montana posted:

No, I meant this is what a F1 driver looks like. These are the series you need to do well in. The fact there aren't any Americans with a resume like wasn't really my point, but it's a point sure.

Conor Daly tried, but his career is going to be like his dad's. Not sure what happened to Rossi. He could've done better if he wasn't stuck in a Marussia.

• Locked thread