Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

basic hitler posted:

New vegas is better than the preceeding and suceeding fallout games

Is this an unpopular opinion? Because it definitely belongs in the "Cool and Good Videogame Opinions!" thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

By number of units sold, and fanboy reputation, it is one of the truly unpopular opinions thats not merely being an edgy gently caress for its own sake

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's unpopular in that less people like New Vegas than 3 or 4, but it's not that unpopular on SA because the game's director posts here and was happy to talk at length about the game in the Games thread, so I'd imagine a bunch of fans came here to read his posts and ask questions.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Allowing SpaceClown to necro this thread was worse than any of the wrong opinions you people are spouting.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The Dragon Age games loving suck.

Age of Mythology is the best RTS game ever made.

Final Fantasy 3 (the one with the job system) was the worst Final Fantasy ever made.

Onimusha was the best PS2 game.

Psychonauts kinda sucked.

The X-Com games (at least the new ones) are actually really dumb.

Thief 3 was good.

All Diablo style games (including diablo) suck and I don't know why I keep buying them.

Unreal Tournament 3 was enjoyable.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
nier automata is turbo anime bullshit with passable gameplay (see metal gear rising)

horizon zero dawn is yet another loving far cry

persona 5 is a 500 gallon drum of weeb food for assholes who can't get over high school (this applies to all personas actually)

breath of the wild is tedious and boring and it's all thanks to its dumbass weapons durability system

little nightmares is just another loving "small child in a dangerous world filled with big monsters" platformer

prey is going to have maybe ONE good twist and then it's back to yet another dullass fps

vr is too expensive, a pain in the rear end to set up, and has no good games

final fantasy was never good

gears of war sucks

tim schaffer can eat a brick

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Think IGN gave this a 2.0 or something. Most places hated it. I was just just trying to play it on my 98 computer. For a kid, it was the poo poo.

Jukeboxblues posted:

*Holds back fandom

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Nintendo should stick to handhelds or go the way of Sega.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Twilight Princess is the best 3D Zelda... basically a better version of Ocarina of Time.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best MGS game.

Feel like I have other poo poo unpopular opinions but I can't think of them.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Allowing SpaceClown to necro this thread was worse than any of the wrong opinions you people are spouting.

:twisted:

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Fallout 4 had better combat than 3 and vegas, but unfortunately everything else sucked.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

skeletonotherkin posted:

Fallout 4 had better combat than 3 and vegas, but unfortunately everything else sucked.

It actually had more enjoyable gunplay for me than any of the other shooters released that year. I enjoyed the weapon modding aspect of it too, but some of the requirements got super annoying. I don't want to set up an adhesive farm and search for irradiated junk.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Space Crabs posted:

Final Fantasy 8 is great and Undertale is embarrassing poo poo and most of it's fanbase needs therapy

Literally everyone who has mentioned undertale to me IRL is an autistic child.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

metricchip posted:

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best MGS game.

i've got that beat - mgs 2 was ten times better and the last time it was actually a "game"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Games without invincibility cheats suck

Just let me explore the loving world you've created! :mad:

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Konami side scrolling beat 'em ups are garbage. Turtles, Simpsons, X-Men - people only like them because of nostalgia. Play them again, and they're simplistic garbage, whereas all the Capcom side scrollers [Final Fight, Aliens Vs. Predator, Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs etc] hold up well.

Let's Plays are the dumbest thing in the entire universe, any distinction between a "good" or "bad" lets player is totally insignificant to a real person. Slowbeef is a pompous doof and his voice makes me genuinely angry. Like he might be the nicest guy in the world and dispensing bon mots like Pez, but that atonal squall he calls a speaking voice makes me want to wedgie his entire family.

Saint's Row 2 is the best one of the series. 3 and 4 are trash and barely qualify as games. 2 > 1 > 4 > 3.

The Games forum is largely worthless nowadays. Nerdlingers are so keen to get their name on a megathread that they'll post months in advance and start building up a hype frenzy, then when the actual product's released nobody wants to back down so you get this weird circlejerk of people rabidly defending a game and any actual discussion is pretty much impossible. Any game that has a omg goon dev gets an automatic pass and is immediately the best thing ever [Brigador, Clockwork Empires, Age of Wonders] and about 1/3 of the other threads are obviously posted by employees of studios. Any time anyone posts like "HEY GUYS JUST GONNA PLAY THIS GAME WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT/DO/PREPARE FOR?" it makes me feel sad, because surely figuring out what to expect and do is the entire point of a videogame?

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts was awesome. Any game that encourages me to think outside the box and break the poo poo out of half the missions is fine by me.

Spartan: Total Warrior was a loving radtacular game and if they did an HD remake I would basically explode in a pinata of money.

Rockstar haven't released a good game since GTA: San Andreas.

Dark Souls is okay. Merely okay.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I AM THE TOILET posted:

i've got that beat - mgs 2 was ten times better and the last time it was actually a "game"

MGS2 is actually a close second for me.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
The Club is one of the best games ever made

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I AM THE TOILET posted:

mgs2 was a technological masterpiece

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Disgusting Coward posted:

Konami side scrolling beat 'em ups are garbage. Turtles, Simpsons, X-Men - people only like them because of nostalgia. Play them again, and they're simplistic garbage, whereas all the Capcom side scrollers [Final Fight, Aliens Vs. Predator, Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs etc] hold up well.

Beat 'em ups are such a weird genre. My unpopular opinion is that The Bouncer, a beat 'em up for the PS2, was kinda fun.

quote:

The Games forum is largely worthless nowadays. Nerdlingers are so keen to get their name on a megathread that they'll post months in advance and start building up a hype frenzy, then when the actual product's released nobody wants to back down so you get this weird circlejerk of people rabidly defending a game and any actual discussion is pretty much impossible. Any game that has a omg goon dev gets an automatic pass and is immediately the best thing ever [Brigador, Clockwork Empires, Age of Wonders] and about 1/3 of the other threads are obviously posted by employees of studios. Any time anyone posts like "HEY GUYS JUST GONNA PLAY THIS GAME WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT/DO/PREPARE FOR?" it makes me feel sad, because surely figuring out what to expect and do is the entire point of a videogame?

This is so true. It's a sea of megathreads filled with overinvested people. The thing is...how else should it work?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Jukeboxblues posted:

It had lots of clever ideas but couldn't overcome the fact that 3d platformers are loving trash. It was funny to see all the Yooka-Laylee backers suddenly remember this.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

mgs2 > mgs3 > mgs5 > mgs (> mgs:pw) > mgs4

sh2 > sh3 > sh4 = sh > sh*

bb >= dks1 > ds > dks3 > dks2

8=====D~~

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I really enjoy playing Street Fighter 5

Sonic 4 was pretty good overall

Resident Evil 6 was awesome

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

the total war warhammer game is good, unlike all other games which universally suck

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
ultima 8 was cool and underrated

i put an absurd amount of hours into it loving around with the hackmover cheat (lets you move literally anything around including npcs, floor and wall pieces) when i was a kid doing poo poo like building my own town in the middle of nowhere.

I even loved the finicky rear end sorcery system where you had to study the formulas and perfectly set up all the reagents and candles around a pentagram. It took me hours to finally get them all in the right pixel-perfect place but drat if it wasnt satisfying to finally get it right.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dsf posted:

ultima 8 was cool and underrated

i put an absurd amount of hours into it loving around with the hackmover cheat (lets you move literally anything around including npcs, floor and wall pieces) when i was a kid doing poo poo like building my own town in the middle of nowhere.

I even loved the finicky rear end sorcery system where you had to study the formulas and perfectly set up all the reagents and candles around a pentagram. It took me hours to finally get them all in the right pixel-perfect place but drat if it wasnt satisfying to finally get it right.

i'm going to agree here, Ultima 8 rules. there is just so much random poo poo everywhere. i normally love stealing in RPGs, but Ultima 8 gave me a run for my money!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I posited to my roommate that jrpgs are a trash-tier sub genre and that the best example was worse than the worst fighting game.

This left me in the unenviable position of arguing that Digimon Rumble Arena was a better game than Chrono Trigger.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Well it is. Jrpgs are trash

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Sheen Sheen posted:

Is this an unpopular opinion? Because it definitely belongs in the "Cool and Good Videogame Opinions!" thread

NV > FO3 is not a weird opinion, but saying it's better than 1 and 2 will annoy the grognards and saying it's better than 4 will annoy the kids, and he just said both of those things at the same time. *Judge Judy voice* I'll allow it!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Max Payne 3 is a masterpiece

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fruit on the bottom posted:

I posited to my roommate that jrpgs are a trash-tier sub genre and that the best example was worse than the worst fighting game.

This left me in the unenviable position of arguing that Digimon Rumble Arena was a better game than Chrono Trigger.

just play soul calibur and you can both be happy

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Alan Wake was a masterpiece.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

I really enjoy playing Street Fighter 5

Hell yea dude, SF5 owns.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Alice: Madness Returns is a good video game. It's just a bit too long.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Every single game Blizzard ever made sucks.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Dennis System posted:

Alice: Madness Returns is a good video game. It's just a bit too long.
Nah, the problem is that there's just not enough variety in the stages. They should have made them shorter and included some of the awesome stuff that had to be cut. Some bosses would also help.

My opinion is that Hidden And Dangerous 2 is the best WW2 game of all time. It loving sucks that the devs will be stuck making mediocre Mafia games for the rest of eternity.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

TW3 is less involving then DA:O.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 11:33 on May 3, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Barris posted:

Every single game Blizzard ever made sucks.

very true. Blizzard North on the other hand.......

Sick Ness Monster
Dec 25, 2016
Payday 2 was fun and good when it first came out, but the game quickly devolved into a DLC fuckfest and not even bringing back old Hoxton could save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
GTA San Andreas is the best GTA game ever, yes, better than even 5 and Vice City.