Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Robin, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman are still pro-regime, Green Lantern and Flash are officially on Batman's side, Black Adam and Aquaman both seem to be going "gently caress y'all" and sticking to their own kingdoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Blockhouse posted:

Robin, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman are still pro-regime, Green Lantern and Flash are officially on Batman's side, Black Adam and Aquaman both seem to be going "gently caress y'all" and sticking to their own kingdoms

An intro dialogue suggests that Adam attempted to lead the regime in Superman's place during his imprisonment. Aquaman is explicitly through with this poo poo however.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

McSpanky posted:

I really hope the gear power changes are allowed in high level play,

They won't be.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Regime seems to be
Superman
Wonderwoman
Cyborg
Robin

as y'all have said. Most of the characters seem to be with the society this time around.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't like the idea of Hal Jordan doing the right thing please return him to Superman thanks.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saint Freak posted:

I don't like the idea of Hal Jordan doing the right thing please return him to Superman thanks.

He's on my list of dudes who might die but there also aren't any green lanterns left to replace him so ?? i dunno ??

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

He's on my list of dudes who might die but there also aren't any green lanterns left to replace him so ?? i dunno ??

Simon Baz.

VVVVVVVVV: Stewart died in the comic.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 2, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
John Stewart is a premium skin, and Thawne is in the story mode so...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sounds like it's Alan Scott's time to shine.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I kinda want to main Flash even though it's not traditionally my type of character, just because that Reverse Flash skin is so rad

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I kinda want to main Flash even though it's not traditionally my type of character, just because that Reverse Flash skin is so rad

I had the exact same sentiment early on - Thawne's one of my favorite DC villains. Darkseid too boss though.

Evil speedsters in general are interesting characters I think. Because their powers make them hard to even perceive, let alone fight, they kind of have that boogeyman quality to them. Leaving Megalopolis had a great example.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 2, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I finally caved and preordered the Ultimate Edition. Darkseid just looks too fun to miss out on at launch, and I want those skins and shaders for dress up purposes

Do we know if there's just one gear loadout per character, or can you save a few and pick the one you want at character select? It would be nice to have the Premiere Skins available without losing the original characters and needing to screw around with gear all the time when I want to swap.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I finally caved and preordered the Ultimate Edition. Darkseid just looks too fun to miss out on at launch, and I want those skins and shaders for dress up purposes

Do we know if there's just one gear loadout per character, or can you save a few and pick the one you want at character select? It would be nice to have the Premiere Skins available without losing the original characters and needing to screw around with gear all the time when I want to swap.

I can't recall exactly how many offhand, but you absolutely can save multiple costume loadouts.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://youtu.be/zc9eX1uf7h8

People think Boon is implicitly confirming Ares as DLC on this interview.

yeah I saw that too and I don't think it really comes across like that at all. I'd honestly put the probability non-returning characters from Injustice 1 at 0%, except maybe Sinestro. Even then, you've already got Atrocitus with his cat (functions kind of like Sinestro's

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I could see Martian Manhunter coming back, as he's in the Supergirl TV show and was a member in the Justice League cartoon

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
old characters being DLC would just waste slots that rightly belong to Constantine, Booster Gold, and The Weeper

I want to believe after the wonder twins joke that they'd realize that it would be awesome but that's too much to hope for.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ares is believable DLC as a tie-in for the Wonder Woman movie. If it wasn't for that I'd say he had zero chance, but that would make him similar to Zod in IJ1's DLC lineup.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Disappointed that he doesn't like reusing DLC characters, because Zatanna was fun as heck.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

fadam posted:

What's this I'm reading about Black Adam having two traits?

Edit: Oh, lame it's a gear thing. He can get Shazam's trait through gear. Another cool thing that's never going to get played with 😣

? I assumed the gear that changed your moves or whatever would be playable in 'real' matches, like variations in MKX.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

WarEternal posted:

? I assumed the gear that changed your moves or whatever would be playable in 'real' matches, like variations in MKX.

It is, just not in try-hard mode. All goon rooms will be GEAR ON it has been decreed

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I will try-hard to not get whomped in fight mans. And look fabulous doing so.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jimmy Hats posted:

It is, just not in try-hard mode. All goon rooms will be GEAR ON it has been decreed

naked rooms only

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kurtofan posted:

naked rooms only

Cyborg will just be half a head

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Cyborg will just be half a head

The metal half.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

They won't be.

Pretty sad if so, NRS comes up with a way to let you box a brawler/take a striker to the ground without completely changing characters and the so-called pros go "no thanks, not balanced".

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Yeah, I can get not wanted the stat bonuses in multiplayer, but I don't see how the moveset changes are going to be any worse than the variations in MKX.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

McSpanky posted:

Pretty sad if so, NRS comes up with a way to let you box a brawler/take a striker to the ground without completely changing characters and the so-called pros go "no thanks, not balanced".

Man I love NRS threads.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/859572500417703936

Red Hood please :pray:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I forgot all about the Flaming C skin they made to promote the first game, I can't believe they never released that as a free download or something.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe the dlc character is Rudy from Funhouse

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Babe Magnet posted:

That was "Legacy", the two-part series finale and it indeed ruled

if I remember correctly Supergirl shows up and seeing Supergirl + his symbol fighting against causes him to snap and he nearly murders her, but between that and lois showing up to talk him down, he starts to break free of the brainwashing juuuuuust in time to be hit by a kryptonite missile which takes him out for a while

I think he breaks out and flies to apokolips to put hands on Darkseid and beats him into submission and frees all of D's slaves, but they pick him up and carry him off to heal him anyway because:

(this should put you at 1:13)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phWcmwlpjQo&t=73s

anyway this would be a fuckin' ballin' superman armor set:

If we get any evil superman in a rad armor we're much more likely to get this one, from the Elseworlds comic where Superman's rocket landed on Apokolips.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I forgot all about the Flaming C skin they made to promote the first game, I can't believe they never released that as a free download or something.

Hell, same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I saw that each super hero has their own level, in one of the videos a Twitch broadcaster put up, the Joker was level 20, what is the cap for each fighter?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

can't wait for my bow Snowflame to make it in one of the DLCs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ed Boon's latest troll

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/859582211032481792

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ares confirmed.

Surprised the poll is so close

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Who's the fuckers voting for all-new. I want Lobo back.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ed Boon's latest latest troll:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/859586799454310400

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I love this crazy bastard

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

I can't believe the dlc character is Rudy from Funhouse

Rudy would have been better in MKX so he could have a fatality where he chokes on someone with his huge maw then spits them out, but all the viscera and guts turn into multiballs.

These polls for "new vs returning" dlc are depressingly close

Brosnan posted:

Man I love NRS threads.

make the Tekken 7 thread already so we can learn how to play a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MinibarMatchman posted:

make the Tekken 7 thread already so we can learn how to play a good game

Well you are already in the thread for the better of the two games :getin:

*ed*

Also gently caress returning characters, everyone who mattered already came back go for all new guys.

• Locked thread