Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

this game is very good and tbh the future looks incredibly bright. 2017 will have at least 2 character releases which is 2 more than any of us expected. also slated for development are 3 terminals, this is good because anything more ambitious than a terminal would be unlikely to ever be done. im not even mentioning all the great content gated behind fortune cards which you will have to gamble your money on to potentially enjoy. make mine marvel wahoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is this game good on ps4. me and the lady played the poo poo out of couch co op diablo so if this is decent like D3 it would own. We burned out on d3 awhile ago and have been looking for something to play together.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for real though, the second they release omega items and difficulty, all is forgiven.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

davebo posted:

This game really sucks poo poo after you've put like 4,000 hours and a free hundred dollars in it. Buyer beware.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

queeb posted:

is this game good on ps4. me and the lady played the poo poo out of couch co op diablo so if this is decent like D3 it would own. We burned out on d3 awhile ago and have been looking for something to play together.
well, there are some bugs and quality of life stuff that needs to get fixed, and they have said they won't patch again til open beta. you can try it now for 20bux, or wait til may 16 for free open beta.

other than that, game owns, couch co op is hell of fun. fair warning, i am 99% sure that if you play couch co op, xp is split between the 2 characters so you level at half speed compared to soloing. i posted asking about it in the forums and i harassed asros about it on stream and he refused to address it. it makes sense because weirdos like me would level two characters at once by logging in a second, but it is kind of a bummer. once you get 10 characters to 60 you have 100% bonud xp so co op will level at a normal rate.

but i can lay in bed playing marvel heroes so best game 2017

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

xp is split between the 2 characters 

MUY INCREDIBLE

cams
Mar 28, 2003

agreed, they should just let me level two characters simultaniously

cams
Mar 28, 2003

good news, psn plus members get daredevil and the man without fear costume for free!

also marvel heroes omega will absolutely release without the actual omega content

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Couldn't have said this better myself.

I've barely touched Marvel Heroes since BUE2 and what limited time I've had with the game is basically logging in to see if Nightcrawler's bamf visual bug has been fixed (it hasn't, despite @Asros saying back in January it was a known bug and would be fixed in a future update and here we are, more than 3 months later, and it's still not fixed).

I'd yet to really experience any of the BUE2 because of the aforementioned bug putting me off from playing at all, and if your post is truly indicative of the current experience then I think I'm glad I stopped playing.

(For the record, according to Steam my MH play time is 3658 hours but I started playing at launch on the standalone launcher so my total play time is quite a bit more.)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i will never get tired of autistic weirdos like me complaining about this game then bringing up how many thousands of hours they spent playing it

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A game is only worth playing if you can see yourself putting in 5,000 hours in a year.

If you can't say that, sorry the game probably sucks*

*see MH, where many are less than 5,000 hours and it is simply unplayable.

The steam reviews where people don't recommend the game and say things like, "I have 3790 hours logged and let me just say, this game is bad and won't hold your attention."

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If you're on windows 10 creators update and still log in you might have noticed that the game doesn't close anymore. It also puts large dumps in your game dir

Delete the whole game to get rid of the issue or go to \steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Win64 and flush the dumps

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

There's some kind of metaphor here...I just know it.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
It's nice to see even on PS4 the patches are like 3.5gb for little to no real update...

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jusupov posted:

Delete the whole game

Jusupov posted:

flush the dump
You repeat yourself.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Didn't consoles have some really strict policies on just shoving out random patches all the time, or is that a thing of the past?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Didn't consoles have some really strict policies on just shoving out random patches all the time, or is that a thing of the past?
this is still true. part of why asros said yesterday on stream that there are no plans to push any further patches until open beta

which i sure hope works out cause there are a ton of pretty large bugs still!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jusupov posted:

If you're on windows 10 creators update and still log in you might have noticed that the game doesn't close anymore. It also puts large dumps in your game dir

Delete the whole game to get rid of the issue or go to \steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Win64 and flush the dumps

I am old and do not know computers. What happens if you don't flush it. Poop?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TIL you can't donate items that you can't use on your current hero on PS4

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hauki posted:

TIL you can't donate items that you can't use on your current hero on PS4

yeah they're aware of this one. there's also a rad bug where your hotbar skills will be invisible randomly

and lots of others. most of the really big ones have at least been acknowledged and should be fixed by open beta.

i was really shocked that the closed beta patch they released actually addressed a lot, including the laggy/hard to navigate inventory screens. marvel heroes omega forever

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is the game fun yet? I remember getting Squirrel girl to 55 before they nerfed her and make poo poo boring. Then I came back with free juggernaut and got bored fast.

Is there any cool poo poo to do now or is it just midtown forever?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Soon you'll be able to Midtown with Carnage and Thor-not-Thor

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Having trouble advancing the story missions. I've actually beaten doom, but I can't start Asgard. Apparently there are a bunch of smaller missions I've missed, so I'm going back to do them (which is hilarious with a level 59 punisher), the problem is one of the missions seems bugged. It's Chapter 3 Snake in the Grass.
It seems I destroyed the Prime Serpent Idol before destroying the 3 smaller idols. I can't get the Prime Serpent to respawn or restart and I can't complete the quest now as a result of it now. The smaller statues have respawned, but nothing in the poison glade area at all..

EDIT: Huh apparently it finally reset.

Yay the story progressed and I got the Punisher up to level 60.:gaz:

Also this R button feature is amazing for getting this story stuff done fast.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 3, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

For future reference, you can force a reset of Story content by going back to a hub and switching characters. It's helpful in a few places where they haven't finished locking down the quest progression.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Giedroyc posted:

It's nice to see even on PS4 the patches are like 3.5gb for little to no real update...

On PS4 you have to replace every file you change in a update instead of just patching the file itself so depending on how you build your game you can easily cause multi-GB patches for a few MB of changes. I don't think any other console works like that, not even something like the 3DS.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Saint Freak posted:

Yes and no. Ps3/Xbox 360 used to charge 40k or something stupid hence why we had broken games that never got fixed. Now I don't believe there is any cost but you still can't just patch as frequently as PC. The whole thing allowed easier transition for online games such as Warframe

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I used to mock Future Fight as an inferior mobile version of MH, but then they kept adding characters and content at like 10 times the rate of MH......

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Other posted:

On PS4 you have to replace every file you change in a update instead of just patching the file itself so depending on how you build your game you can easily cause multi-GB patches for a few MB of changes. I don't think any other console works like that, not even something like the 3DS.

No that was the PS3. The PS4 does delta patching.

(The Xbox One, despite the ability to, frequently does not.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 3, 2017

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I used to mock Future Fight as an inferior mobile version of MH, but then they kept adding characters and content at like 10 times the rate of MH......

Not to defend gaz here but it is a lot easier to add characters and content to a game that barely has any gameplay

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostlight posted:

For future reference, you can force a reset of Story content by going back to a hub and switching characters. It's helpful in a few places where they haven't finished locking down the quest progression.

Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks. I've had weird story bugs occur a couple of times in the past and it generally winds up derailing my interest in finishing things (granted level 60 characters doing story catchup is a lot less tedious).

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Kainser posted:

Not to defend gaz here but it is a lot easier to add characters and content to a game that barely has any gameplay
seriously it amazes me that people play that long term, it is only just barely a game

like "nintendogs" for marvel characters

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
this game is fun ish and janky as poo poo. jankier than D3, less so than POE.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

"content" in that game is like three pieces of static art

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

cams posted:

seriously it amazes me that people play that long term, it is only just barely a game

like "nintendogs" for marvel characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMgqJuBhylI

already better than MH :colbert:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kainser posted:

so wahts their excuse

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They got rid of that one, the jerks.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Right there. Glory days.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
so let me get this straight - they completely overhauled the game and split that update into 2 updates. they released the first one, but postponed the second. is the game even playable right now? i mean, under normal gaz standards of course.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Aphrodite posted:

They got rid of that one, the jerks.
Wow, it seems I quit FF while I was ahead.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

sure it's playable and fun, assuming you haven't burned out on it already

there are a few end game items to chase that they added, but other than that not much else is new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the actual "content" part is omega difficulties and items. they were finally mentioned by devs for the first time in months when they said they'd come "sometime between june and september"

hopefully they come out on MARVEL HEROES OMEGA before that