Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think it's been confirmed that she has a dad

It's possible she was conceived by the midichlorians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah, it's gonna be loving hilarious if they don't actually reveal his (or her) identity tonight. :getin:

You're right! She was probably artificially gestated and born from a goat. That seems more likely.

Scientists have made a mouse with two moms and no dad. It would be a neat twist if Katlyn had no dad.

Plus that would make the show involve science again. Right now the lab setting is just to explain how Barry gets a thing that defeats the bad guy without him having to do anything clever.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some stupid poo poo and don't show us Savitar. Even though by now the mystery is so long drawn out that it has no real impact.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Savitar is the Smoke Monster? Though that makes complete sense.

I really hope Savitar keeps revealing himself as different people then the last one is future Barry and everyone gasps until he finally is just like "haha naw I'm just a speed force entity, I travel through time that's how I know everything dumbasses".That seems like the best possible outcome to undercut the whole "we need to know the speed villain's true identity!" repetitive bullshit.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Savitar should take his (or her) mask off but his (or her) face is always hidden by some cunningly positioned piece of scenery, and all the characters react but never actually use his (or her) real name.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

howe_sam posted:

If they don't follow through on revealing Savitar' identity I will...be very cross :mad:

Has Roger Cross shown up on Flash yet?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Savitar is Eobard

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf posted:

Savitar should take his (or her) mask off but his (or her) face is always hidden by some cunningly positioned piece of scenery, and all the characters react but never actually use his (or her) real name.

We're not trying to hide the face if Wilson on the Home Improvement sitcom.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

oh jay posted:

Has Roger Cross shown up on Flash yet?

He was Lance's partner on Arrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Scientists have made a mouse with two moms and no dad. It would be a neat twist if Katlyn had no dad.

Plus that would make the show involve science again. Right now the lab setting is just to explain how Barry gets a thing that defeats the bad guy without him having to do anything clever.

Wait... you're serious?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, bit of a neat coincidence: The MMO Guild Wars 2 just released one of their in-game story events today named Flashpoint, wherein a villain's true identity is a revealed.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Mohinder shows up and holds Savitar's mask shut.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Wait... you're serious?

They've done so little with Caitlyn aside from this stupid Killer Frost stuff, they might as well get real weird with it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Her dad's probably just dead or a dick.

We never met Jesse's mom either, it doesn't mean Wells grew her in a test tube.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

lotus circle posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some stupid poo poo and don't show us Savitar. Even though by now the mystery is so long drawn out that it has no real impact.

It's CW so this is it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think they did a terrible job with the pacing on this one. They managed to delay it/misdirect it in the first half of the season with Alchemy/Julian and the Wally stuff.

Flash would probably be better served doing their season in thirds rather than halves since there so much redundancy in "this season's evil speedster" but I think this has gone better than Zoom.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

STAC Goat posted:

Flash would probably be better served doing their season in thirds rather than halves since there so much redundancy in "this season's evil speedster" but I think this has gone better than Zoom.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

so did Caitlyn go after Tracy in the original timeline? Or did Barry's trip to the future change the present?

or did Savitar go to the future, too, and see how he's defeated?

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 3, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh poo poo, Caitlin's doing iceman slides. Neat

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I wish they'd at least have a throw-away about Caitlyn being too cold to touch or something to explain why Flash can't just punch her.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Joe, you're an idiot.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

what a twist

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
Wow, nice twist.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The facial scarring is a nice touch.

RedDevil
Jul 29, 2006

SHO NUFF
not any paradoxes at all

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tooootally not expecting that you guys :v:

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Still holding out hope it's actually E2 Tommy.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Kinda had a feeling they were shooting for the Out of Time comic storyline when we saw the image of the stuntman and Savitar had a silver lightning bolt on his chest.

More amused that I came into my office to a text from my mother that just said "Booooooorrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnnng."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe you should practice using your powers Cisco you idiot

This is solid Barry logic

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Reverse Flash was right the whole time.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Woo can't wait for speed force not explaining poo poo about this over the next 3 weeks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What a weak twist. It seriously was the most obvious choice. I am going to call this guy Berry.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Man, HR is really horning in on that scientist gal hard this episode.

And that side-drama going on with Jesse L Martin is Nuckin' Futs!

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 3, 2017

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Vietnamwees posted:

Man, HR is really horning in on that scientist gal hard this episode.

And yet less creepy than thirsty Cisco.

Ojjeorago posted:

Mohinder shows up and holds Savitar's mask shut.

Thank you. I had to explain not one but two different sci-fi series to a coworker thanks to busting up at this.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I've barely watched any of this season but I'm gonna say that this is probably the only satisfying option they could have ended up going for.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is it just me or do they look like different people? Was that actually Grant Gustin?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Don't trust anybody, not even yourself.

This goes doubly so for Barry Allen, Fucker of Time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm telling ya, it should have been Iris :mad:

Yeah, they went with the obvious one, but it's also the most interesting one from a "okay, now how do they solve this poo poo?" perspective. I'm kind of hoping that the answer is Barry just going, "Okay, guys, I've figured out how to stop Savitar. I'm gonna :therapy:" and then Savitar just fades screaming from existence because Barry becomes emotionally stable so he was never created.

Next episode looks like it's gonna be funny as hell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

About sums it up.

• Locked thread