Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

It is and I don't see a single Star of David.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Wasn't there an interview with Dees about how he knows nothing about photoshop and just kind of hopes he finds new tricks each time he makes art?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Wasn't there an interview with Dees about how he knows nothing about photoshop and just kind of hopes he finds new tricks each time he makes art?
"My setup to work now could not be simpler, all I use is Adobe Photoshop and an Intuos Bamboo Pad and Pen. And my understanding of photoshop is horribly basic—mostly I am just doing fancy layering and airbrush. These pieces average around 100 to 200 layers, and they are just hammered together piece by piece. I see people who do outrageous art on photoshop, and I have not a single clue how it is done. I just do a cut and paste style that any pro can see right through." -Dees

Dees is somehow more self aware than a bunch of cartoonists in this thread.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did they paint that thing with dirt plastic model style or has it actually been used for dirty work?

It has definitely not been used for any actual work.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

"My setup to work now could not be simpler, all I use is Adobe Photoshop and an Intuos Bamboo Pad and Pen. And my understanding of photoshop is horribly basic—mostly I am just doing fancy layering and airbrush. These pieces average around 100 to 200 layers, and they are just hammered together piece by piece. I see people who do outrageous art on photoshop, and I have not a single clue how it is done. I just do a cut and paste style that any pro can see right through." -Dees

This is my process, except fewer layers and less hatred for Jews.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

CampingCarl posted:

It's kind of hard to hate someone who is so in touch with their failings.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

loquacius posted:

So was his collar not drawn or is he just not wearing a shirt under his jacket? (I'd believe either)
You deserve an answer to this, because you have to see it.

Der Spiegel posted:

It's afternoon, and Jones is walking through the studio, his adrenaline level high and his blood sugar low. He needs to get something to eat. Platters of BBQ - chicken, beef and sausages - are set out on a table in the conference room. "Good barbecue," says Jones. "You tasted it already?"

He piles up food onto a plastic plate, and then he suddenly takes off his shirt without explanation. With his bare torso, he sits there and shovels meat into his mouth, a caricature of manliness, but also a show of power to the reporter sitting in front of him. He can do as he pleases.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

Too many tools probably hurt artist more than help. Old artist only had a palette and a brush and they did all the art we know and love.

Less is more (link is not related)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_completeness

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm trying and failing to make a joke about how Alex Jones is the torso and Dees is the testicles of the same organism.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tei posted:

Too many tools probably hurt artist more than help. Old artist only had a palette and a brush and they did all the art we know and love.

Sounds like when I make the best MtG decks

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Somfin posted:

I've said it before, but there's something refreshing about Dees. His cartoons are easy to interpret and it's pure injection of crazy into my veins. Shame about his hatred of Jews, though.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

It's hard to hate anyone who is legitimately sick. There's probably some part of him that is horrified by what he has become, locked away behind madness.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

My opinion of Dees is equal parts bemusement and pity, spiced with just a bit of "oh, remember how much he hates Jews?" to keep it real.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fulchrum posted:

It's hard to hate anyone who is legitimately sick.

It's becoming easier by the day.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sega 32X posted:

No its because Nina used to run Magic tournaments in Toronto and now doesn't. Good guess?

What? I mentioned the players.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Re: Alex Jones: I found this out a few days ago, but when he was a young man, he didn't need no shirt.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Why would anyone think Jones is some sort of manly man alpha male? He is obviously an obese fat sack of balding poo poo to anyone with eyeballs in their skull.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Hating Dees and being offended by his opinions is like getting mad at a racial slur in a Francis E. Dec video.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Axetrain posted:

Why would anyone think Jones is some sort of manly man alpha male? He is obviously an obese fat sack of balding poo poo to anyone with eyeballs in their skull.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

So he's going to eat enough meat to forget them?

Or does that just work with chili?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Potato Salad posted:

It's becoming easier by the day.

There was no point in Trumps life where he wasn't a monster. Senility is not the cause of all of this, it just makes things funnier.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crain posted:

I think he intends to eat so much red meat that his heart straight up detonates.

Hey Alex, Bleu cheese sauce would go great with that.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Rent is Too drat High in New Zealand.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I can't imagine how impacted his colon is going to be after that...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Here's hoping Alex Jones eats enough meat to stop his heart and then the brand for people named Alex can slowly recover.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

As you may know (perhaps from this very thread), Eaten Fish is the pseudonym of an Iranian cartoonist who's being held in the Australian prison camp on Manus Island.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crain posted:

He will make new children out of the meat.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Selachian posted:

an Iranian cartoonist who's being held in the Australian prison camp on Manus Island.

AKA a literal concentration camp.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 3, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ranter posted:

AKA a literal concentration camp.

I know some people have pretty strong opinions on meat but that's a bit much

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Dees should quit political cartooning and just make thrash metal album covers.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Dees should quit political cartooning and just make thrash metal album covers.

No change in iconography necessary!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Improbable Lobster posted:

I know some people have pretty strong opinions on meat but that's a bit much

:) fixed it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Selachian posted:

As you may know (perhaps from this very thread), Eaten Fish is the pseudonym of an Iranian cartoonist who's being held in the Australian prison camp on Manus Island.

I was reading it as "free poo poo" and thought about how appropriate it was for this thread.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

M... Make a meatship...

CampingCarl posted:

This is just amazing.

Hello new wallpaper.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Why write "hay" instead of "peat"?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Crain posted:

That meat is them :ohdear:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

That first panel is savage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay