Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Still shuddering that i read someone say that James harden is just cuttino mobley with a eurostep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Imagine getting the number 1 pick and drafting Anthony Bennett.

Right now that draft looks like the only two all-stars in the whole thing will be #15 and #27 so basically everybody hosed up until the Bucks took Giannis

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

McCollum would probably make all star if he went East

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I thought Glen Rice Jr would be pretty okay, but it turns out he's back on the drat Vipers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

EvanTH posted:

Right now that draft looks like the only two all-stars in the whole thing will be #15 and #27 so basically everybody hosed up until the Bucks took Giannis

Picking someone that just flamed out of the Turkish league is a significantly bigger gently caress up than every other pick in the first round. They would have been better off choosing any player drafted between Giannis and Bennett. They might have been able to get an even better deal when they traded for Love.

Cavs tried to get KG after Bogut went down.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/170502QTP_GarnettLue/tyronn-lue-reached-kevin-garnett-joining-cleveland-cavaliers

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 2, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Spacebump posted:

More NBA Playgrounds gameplay. Gameplay doesn't look as tight as NBA Jam On Fire Edition. Hopefully this is good and not loaded with micro transactions. Comes out next week so we will know soon enough.
Lol at the teams used to show off gameplay. Reggie Jackson and Kris Humphries vs Harrison Barnes and Harrison Barnes. The commentary is worse than Jam or Street. Gameplay starts at about 4:30.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zII2BpVlvLM

Everyone looks to be about the same height. So many little things feel off about this video.

"The NYPD couldn't stop this guy"

I hope Thabos not in this. . .

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hate KG but him mean mugging on the sidelines while LeBron is doing crazy dunks on the Raptors would be worth it

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

Picking someone that just flamed out of the Turkish league is a significantly bigger gently caress up than every other pick in the first round. They would have been better off choosing any player drafted between Giannis and Bennett. They might have been able to get an even better deal when they traded for Love.

Probably the same thing I'd tell myself if Giannis went 15th in a draft where my team traded away the 13th pick for basically nothing HMMmmm

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Probably the same thing I'd tell myself if Giannis went 15th in a draft where my team traded away the 13th pick for basically nothing HMMmmm

It's even worse when you hear the GM wanted to draft Giannis but Cuban traded down to offer Dwight a few extra hundred thousand dollars. The only positive that came out of that is all basketball decisions are made by Donnie Nelson and Michael Finley now.

Even considering all of that, Shane Larkin is less of a bust than Bennett since he wasn't a number 1 pick and is actually still paid to play basketball somewhere. Shane Larkin's agent convincing him to opt out of his last NBA deal to get a bigger payday last summer was one of the worst agent ideas of the offseason.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 3, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

pubic works project posted:

My pants are getting tight!

gently caress yeah, dude! boner!!

Spacebump posted:

Imagine getting the number 1 pick and drafting Anthony Bennett.

i will never forget this

https://twitter.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/818569973081600000

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lots of GMs and ex-GMs seem to have a "oh I totally was on board with Giannis but..." excuses. I mean, even Geoff Petrie claimed that he had Giannis scheduled for a workout and begged the organization to bring him in. Which reminds me, Petrie has a pretty sweet gig now where he can claim he would have drafted all these other players if it wasn't for those meddling owners. Kwahi/Klay, Lillard, and Giannis.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WhyteRyce posted:

Lots of GMs and ex-GMs seem to have a "oh I totally was on board with Giannis but..." excuses. I mean, even Geoff Petrie claimed that he had Giannis scheduled for a workout and begged the organization to bring him in. Which reminds me, Petrie has a pretty sweet gig now where he can claim he would have drafted all these other players if it wasn't for those meddling owners. Kwahi/Klay, Lillard, and Giannis.

How many other organizations can claim they have the genius behind the Lebron James pick in the war room.

Bulls are gonna be unstoppable.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Sheriff posted:

In honor of his illustrious career, let's all share our favorite Anthony Bennett moments.

Mine was when I made the mistake of venturing into the comments of the reddit post about the Love/Wiggins trade and saw a bunch of Timberwolves fans genuinely excited about getting him lol

Just look at the T Wolves fans on SA. If any of their analyzing of their own players was ever accurate the T Wolves would be a 60 win team every year. It's that Midwestern politeness gone mad

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

The difference is Cuban's screw up has been known about for years.
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-...-194548629.html

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Brolander posted:

gently caress yeah, dude! boner!!

i will never forget this

https://twitter.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/818569973081600000

Lmao wow this pick is an eyesore

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Blind Pineapple posted:

It has probably happened more recently than I can remember, but it would feel super weird if we went through a full offseason with no coaching changes. Hoiberg is the only one that seems to be in any danger right now. All the bad teams are at various stages of a rebuild where a new coach wouldn't help anything, and (outside of the Bulls) it doesn't feel like any of the middling teams significantly underachieved to justify firing the coach.

You're forgetting about Kerr :(

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

There are multiple layers in this favorite Bennett moment
https://twitter.com/Roy_Meets_World/status/430095970970243074

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 3, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think Anthony Bennett had a Kwame Brown esque mental breakdown when he got hurt and wasn't playing well right away, he had a crisis of confidence and just gave up. Now he's just drifting around taking money from whoever will give it to him, not caring because it's too painful to care, hurts too much to try. At least Kwame Brown bounced back and became an okay journeyman defensive center

zoux posted:

Y'all like Hubie?

The more X's and O's a guy is the more I like him, the more "grit and guts" a guy is, the less I like him. Generally speaking.

You have to give Hubie Brown credit, he'll break down actions like almost no other announcer. Chris Webber likes to break down specific moves in a way that other guys don't

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 3, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mike Scott got out of jail time because the cops were racist. https://sports.yahoo.com/news/georgia-court-clears-mike-scott-felony-drug-charges-202116635.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

he can finally make it to that rave

might be an intersting guy to take a flyer on. he was kind of coming on and hitting a few 3s before that happened.

e: also that article is kind of light on details. was buford t justice the arresting officer? because i mean they did have a fair amount of drugs in that car.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 3, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

They still got the switch tbf so...

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

EvanTH posted:

Noel might not be trash on the Mavericks, Otto Porter looks like he'll be a solid rotation player, McCollum and Adams are both worth having

Less than a third of that draft is going to be in the NBA in two years

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hubie Brown is terrible and always one step away from complaining that they're not playing the game the right way. I can his jowls. I hear them shake.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Hubie Brown is terrible and always one step away from complaining that they're not playing the game the right way. I can his jowls. I hear them shake.

My favorite Hubie quirk is that he thinks every timeout is a good timeout

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

somewhere hubie brown is still wheezing out mezzanine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-QTiByTKaI

hes practically asleep

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Back in the day during the Pistons/Spurs series of finals I hate Hubbie Brown. It seemed all he did all game is explain the difference between blocks and charges.

Now though I've come to enjoy him in small doses. Sorta like hanging out with your dad who still thinks the team needs to hammer the ball down low. I also will never tire of his weird understanding the 1st/2nd/3rd person(?) past tense. "So you're Ben Wallace and you're thinking I should go for the block but then you gotta be thinking that Manu, he's also thinking I'll go for the strip swipe here and kicking down court to Parker leaking on the break." It's like he's speaking in google translated German.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Remembering better times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKzoj7fP4dw

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I always laugh when Hubie calls it "the painted area"

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Watched it all to distract from the pain of seeing the Warriors go off

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Spacebump posted:

More NBA Playgrounds gameplay. Gameplay doesn't look as tight as NBA Jam On Fire Edition. Hopefully this is good and not loaded with micro transactions. Comes out next week so we will know soon enough.
Lol at the teams used to show off gameplay. Reggie Jackson and Kris Humphries vs Harrison Barnes and Harrison Barnes. The commentary is worse than Jam or Street. Gameplay starts at about 4:30.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zII2BpVlvLM

Everyone looks to be about the same height. So many little things feel off about this video.

They should just make a new NBA Street instead of whatever this is

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/CelticsHub/status/859604554060615681

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Yall know what time it is.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
hubie is a treasure

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A 5'9 guy dropping 53 in a playoff game is pretty cool and good

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
The Tooth Game

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress the haters lets come back!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Get em! GET THEM!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The, uh, Styleful Tower? I dunno whatever but that pass was sick

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Folks this is the Gatorade/Views thread. The gameday thread is thataway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lessail posted:

They should just make a new NBA Street instead of whatever this is

This isn't an EA game

• Locked thread