Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Everyone in the Milky Way is dead, though? :confused:

Nah. Everyone in the Milky way are sweet Organic/Synthetic hybrids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Dexo posted:

They're single celled organisms growing on rubble, sure.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dexo posted:

Preach it, brother

Bet none of these clowns picked the Helios ending in Deus Ex either.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Halloween Jack posted:

The Sidewinder is the best and greatest pistol in the history of the Mass Effect series because it does not have a stupid handguard.

This is exactly it. If I was to do a pistols only run it would be the only weapon I'd use once I was able to make it.

I feel like if they had to admit to a canon ending, it would be the one where Sheppard takes over the reapers and flies them off somewhere. It's the least work for them to do to explain stuff.

I'm curious how far I am in the game, I'm about 100 hours in and the next major story point I've got is attack the Archon's ship. I've also found the Asari and Turian Arks, have all but Peebee and Jaals loyalty (I think), all my planets are at 100%. I'm still missing a lot of models, and I'm worried I borked the Peebee romance by saying no strings during the zero G lovin'.

I'm hoping they're adding in an upcoming patch a way to change your characters face, like the mirror thing in the Black Emporium. My Ryder doesn't look that bad, just I hosed up on her lipstick and she looks like she went as the Joker for halloween and forgot to take off the makeup.

if I had to guess DLC hooks
- Quarian and scrub tier races Ark
- A cerebus cell
- Maybe a breakaway faction of the Kett or another Angaran one
- some kind of Remanent megastructure like a death start of Dyson sphere.

Or they could do an Inquisition and have a DLC that takes place a while after the end game that checks in on how things are going and where the characters are that sets up a hook for 2.

And I was thinking, I think I would have liked it better if the Kett weren't even in the game. They are just fodder to shoot, nothing interesting about them (other than the stuff on Voeld with the base commander there). If you had to just deal with Roekeer and Exile factions it would have been a lot better, with the Remanent being a wild card. I like how its not doing too much "hey remember that thing from the other ME games!", everything I found seems fairly organic. I can believe a relative of Wrex could come, but I do worry that the Remanent are (speculation spoiler) some offshoot of the Reapers for the Andromeda Galaxy It does seem suspicious that there is no indication of who they were. Even the ship you find is just filled with robots and not even some Engineer like corps sitting in a chair or something to give you a clue.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Android Blues posted:

I thought it was slightly annoying that all the armour designs for a given combat archetype look identical, so if you're focusing on biotics you wear the increasing ranks of the N7 armour forever, if you're focusing on combat damage you wear increasing ranks of the outlaw armour forever, etc. Even if it was just cycling through recoloured designs I'd have preferred if they changed it up a bit so focusing on one build didn't mean wearing the same armour set all game long.

I don't know if you noticed it but each armour set changed a subtley as you upgraded up the levels, everything from the Initiative armour to the Kett armour gained extra litte bits and pieces like straps, lights and antennas as you advanced up the ranks.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ZombyDog posted:

I don't know if you noticed it but each armour set changed a subtley as you upgraded up the levels, everything from the Initiative armour to the Kett armour gained extra litte bits and pieces like straps, lights and antennas as you advanced up the ranks.

Lol.

Some of the armor sets did.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The remnant one did for sure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mostly its just glowy bits, but really, are the armors really that important outside of their bonuses and cosmetic aspect? I said earlier I love the bonuses the Remanent armor gives, but it looks like rear end so I'm staying with the AI sets.

I really like the hoodie, but with those pants it makes Ryder look like she's going to Yoga class rather than saving her colonies. Lulu Lemon was contracted for the casual outfits for Initiative personnel.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

twistedmentat posted:

Mostly its just glowy bits, but really, are the armors really that important outside of their bonuses and cosmetic aspect?.

Uh... What other aspects are there?

"Other than pleasure and nutrition, what's the point of food, amirite?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Uh... What other aspects are there?

"Other than pleasure and nutrition, what's the point of food, amirite?"

Well, I meant that there isn't improved damage resistance or stuff like that.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Finally finished the single player; went hyper-completionist and got everything but the task missions done first so it took a while. I actually enjoyed the ending plot pretty well (really liked that they thought about the fact only the Kett had a war fleet available and solved the issue by using Remnant ships to literally drag the Scourge over them) and the final world was neat looking for the time I got to play it. Of course I also experienced three game breaking bugs that forced me to reload, falling through the world after an air melee attack (game saved after it too, had to get lucky and phase back out of the ground frantically jumping), getting mysteriously grabbed by an Ascendent after leaping out (how the gently caress do the stupid lag issues affect single player as much as multiplayer anyway?) and Cora casting her shield boost as I died, leaving me "alive" but stuck on the ground, and the ever fun game refusing to trigger the next stage of the final fight for random reasons leaving me in an eternal fight. So, all in all, a perfect capstone to the whole game; a decently fun experience gutted by the incompetence of the polishing making it impossible to sit back and enjoy the game because I'm stuck worrying when the next stupid bug will ruin things. I'm interested in where Andromeda can go if it becomes a series, but this level of quality is gonna be a deal breaker if they don't fix the worst of it soonish and do a hell of a lot better in the future. It kinda sucks because there really is a good game in here if it worked reliably.

Loved a bunch of the characters; Drack the Grandpa Krogan is in the running for my favorite ME character of all time even with only one game to the three the rest of the candidates have, Vetra and Peebee and Jaal were terrific, I rather liked Cora (sure she's weablue for the Asari, but at least they did some interesting things with that), and the ship crew were interesting to chat with if somewhat lacking in dialogue compared to the folks who got to do more. Liam sucked of course, and he may have permanently ruined any future playthrough with a Jaal romance by forcing me to see what Jaal's shirtless torso looks like, but I do have to grant his loyalty mission was great stuff at least.

Finally, my crack-based predictions for any sequel or DLC! The secret benefactor of the Andromeda Initiative will be the Leviathans. You gotta admit it makes sense to send the "lesser species" ahead to prepare the way (and test whether the Reapers will interfere) then come along later and "assume direct control". OK, I'm kind of hoping the real solution to that mystery is a completely new party rather than rehash somebody from the older games, but if they have to drag in old canon that would at least be an unusual way to go. And speaking of old canon, I theorize Cora really is associated with the Illusive Man and will prove it if romanced because she will be forced to resurrect the Lazarus Project for Ryder after an unfortunate erotic asphyxiation accident due to her strangling him until he turns blue :D.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

Preach it, brother

Bet none of these clowns picked the Helios ending in Deus Ex either.

I picked Tong/new dark age because lol

Only fools picked illuminati end though

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only bug I encountered that was a big issue was Peebee died once, and I couldn't raise her, even switching characters kept her dead. I just reloaded a save game and it fixed, but that's the only error I've gotten so far.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Lol.

Some of the armor sets did.

The Initiative, Pathfinder, Hyperguardian, Outlaw, Kett, Angaran, Heleus, and Remnant sets all do for sure. That leaves N7, which probably does too but I didn't wear it because ~stealing valor~

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

The Initiative, Pathfinder, Hyperguardian, Outlaw, Kett, Angaran, Heleus, and Remnant sets all do for sure. That leaves N7, which probably does too but I didn't wear it because ~stealing valor~

N7 has not noticeably changed from rank I to X ime

gently caress your valor, I am a biotic god

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

twistedmentat posted:

Well, I meant that there isn't improved damage resistance or stuff like that.

There is improved DR on some of the armors tho?

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 3, 2017

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Your dad has the pathfinder armor not the N7 armor, even though it says N7 also.

Edit: :goonsay:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kalenn Istarion posted:

There is improved DR on some of the armors tho?

I didn't see anything, there's increased shields and I think health.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but it doesn't seem like there is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't see anything, there's increased shields and I think health.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but it doesn't seem like there is.

Pathfinder Armor (all pieces) give DR.

Krogan planet best planet:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

precision posted:

gently caress yeah, the LARP group messages were my favorite

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah ok. That alone justifies this game imo

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

precision posted:

There's a couple others too but I can't remember what they are ATM.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Krogan LARP is the best thing.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm curious how far I am in the game, I'm about 100 hours in and the next major story point I've got is attack the Archon's ship. I've also found the Asari and Turian Arks, have all but Peebee and Jaals loyalty (I think), all my planets are at 100%. I'm still missing a lot of models, and I'm worried I borked the Peebee romance by saying no strings during the zero G lovin'.

Some of what you've said is covered in the game beyond the point you've reached. You've got two missions left of main story. Unfortunately that's like 10 hours or so!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Whatever segment of the team was writing emails should be put in charge of writing the actual game next time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

precision posted:

The only real way of defeating the Krogan, an infinite supply of gingerbread cookies.

Edit: And yeah, Drack and Vetra are my absolute favorites and I bring them as often as I can, when I am not bringing Jaal for the loredumps. They have great banter and their discussions about being makeshift parents are pretty great. You end up just wanting to hug Drack and tell him stuff is gonna be ok.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 3, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's going to turn out that not only are the Andromeda krogan the cool chill ones but also the most sensible and level headed people from the milky way galaxy.

Vote #1 Morda for both overlord and initiative ambassador today.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

As if N7 is still even a thing. It's been 600 years. It's like saying the dweebs dressing up in plate armour and swinging swords around at the local park are stealing valour.

E: Oh I was going to ask: Any word on DLCs yet?

I guess you didn't read the part where even though it's been chronologically 600 years, it seems liek yesterday to people who just got woken up and they memories of the Milky Way are still fresh to them.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

SubponticatePoster posted:

Nobody in Andromeda (ok almost nobody) knows about what happened in 3, it doesn't loving matter. Also to be a pedantic poo poo, it's mentioned that the N7 used by MP folks is not an official designation, it was a name that the Alliance didn't mind them using because it boosted morale but nobody non-Alliance was allowed to use it officially.

Considering every NPC i walked past while playing last night mentioned the fight against the reapers to the angaran, pretty sure lots of people know about what happened in ME3 homie

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Everyone in the Milky Way is dead, though? :confused:

Where in-game does it say that everyone in the Milky Way is dead? Don't worry I'll wait.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Carebearz posted:

Considering every NPC i walked past while playing last night mentioned the fight against the reapers to the angaran, pretty sure lots of people know about what happened in ME3 homie

No...no they didn't? Like, that isn't a "my play experience!" thing, it's just factually wrong and I guess makes you very stupid, that you think this thing happened.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Carebearz posted:

Where in-game does it say that everyone in the Milky Way is dead? Don't worry I'll wait.

ME3 ending scene where the Normandy spears in and nobody emerges.

Then an astronaut laughs at you while teaching someone's grandchild about the ways of Satan.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
So two questions when do romances lock in becase I kinda want just do flirt with alot of characters to see their responses and can they done after the main quest?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SirDrone posted:

So two questions when do romances lock in becase I kinda want just do flirt with alot of characters to see their responses and can they done after the main quest?

After the hunting the archon thing but only if you pick the options to do that, or in fact talk to your companions.

It's not like ME1 where you're all "surprise its sex scene time, hope you actually wanted to gently caress because now it's happening" it's more like DA:I where if you just press the love heart enough with the same person you gently caress them eventually.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Carebearz posted:

I don't have it installed anymore so I can't take an in-game screenshot, but from the wiki:

The Andromeda Initiative

Brainchild of the visionary billionaire Jien Garson, the Andromeda Initiative was conceived as Garson's personal dream and a desire to prove humanity's capabilities beyond the military power demonstrated in the First Contact War. Garson officially began planning the Initiative in 2172, announcing her ambitious goal of launching a pioneering colonization effort to Andromeda within twenty years.

Internal reports show the struggles that the early Initiative faced. However, Jien Garson's personal stake and enthusiasm sustained the Initiative until the early 2180s when, after a sudden influx of investment and a new marketing strategy, interest in the Initiative grew afresh. Construction of the arks was completed rapidly thereafter, and the Andromeda Initiative officially launched in 2185.

The Initiative's mission statement to bridge Andromeda and the Milky Way, create a sustainable. inclusive civilization. and push scientific development forward by centuries In official literature, Jien Garson characterizes the Initiative as "continuing the search for humanity's next horizon."

Note: Everyone in the Milky Way is dead when the Initiative arrives in Andromeda.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

twistedmentat posted:

This is exactly it. If I was to do a pistols only run it would be the only weapon I'd use once I was able to make it.

I feel like if they had to admit to a canon ending, it would be the one where Sheppard takes over the reapers and flies them off somewhere. It's the least work for them to do to explain stuff.

I'm hoping they're adding in an upcoming patch a way to change your characters face, like the mirror thing in the Black Emporium. My Ryder doesn't look that bad, just I hosed up on her lipstick and she looks like she went as the Joker for halloween and forgot to take off the makeup.

if I had to guess DLC hooks
- Quarian and scrub tier races Ark
- A cerebus cell
- Maybe a breakaway faction of the Kett or another Angaran one
- some kind of Remanent megastructure like a death start of Dyson sphere.

Or they could do an Inquisition and have a DLC that takes place a while after the end game that checks in on how things are going and where the characters are that sets up a hook for 2.

And I was thinking, I think I would have liked it better if the Kett weren't even in the game. They are just fodder to shoot, nothing interesting about them (other than the stuff on Voeld with the base commander there). If you had to just deal with Roekeer and Exile factions it would have been a lot better, with the Remanent being a wild card. I like how its not doing too much "hey remember that thing from the other ME games!", everything I found seems fairly organic. I can believe a relative of Wrex could come, but I do worry that the Remanent are (speculation spoiler) some offshoot of the Reapers for the Andromeda Galaxy It does seem suspicious that there is no indication of who they were. Even the ship you find is just filled with robots and not even some Engineer like corps sitting in a chair or something to give you a clue.

I'm just sitting here waiting for the Volus ark to show up so I can be a Biotic God in MP

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Carebearz posted:

my aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Your dad has the pathfinder armor not the N7 armor, even though it says N7 also.

Edit: :goonsay:

that's because Papa Ryder was given the N7 designation and just had it on his pathfinder armor

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't have it installed anymore so I can't take an in-game screenshot, but from the wiki:

The Andromeda Initiative

Brainchild of the visionary billionaire Jien Garson, the Andromeda Initiative was conceived as Garson's personal dream and a desire to prove humanity's capabilities beyond the military power demonstrated in the First Contact War. Garson officially began planning the Initiative in 2172, announcing her ambitious goal of launching a pioneering colonization effort to Andromeda within twenty years.

Internal reports show the struggles that the early Initiative faced. However, Jien Garson's personal stake and enthusiasm sustained the Initiative until the early 2180s when, after a sudden influx of investment and a new marketing strategy, interest in the Initiative grew afresh. Construction of the arks was completed rapidly thereafter, and the Andromeda Initiative officially launched in 2185.

The Initiative's mission statement to bridge Andromeda and the Milky Way, create a sustainable. inclusive civilization. and push scientific development forward by centuries In official literature, Jien Garson characterizes the Initiative as "continuing the search for humanity's next horizon."

Note: Everyone in the Milky Way is dead when the Initiative arrives in Andromeda.

where does it explicitly say, "everyone in the milky way is dead" though because I haven't heard those words spoken in that order. You can speculate all you want that they are dead, but it never outright says, "hey man, everyone back there is dead" if i remember correctly.

I mean, I could be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Carebearz posted:

where does it explicitly say, "everyone in the milky way is dead" though because I haven't heard those words spoken in that order. You can speculate all you want that they are dead, but it never outright says, "hey man, everyone back there is dead" if i remember correctly.

I mean, I could be wrong

Right there at the bottom. I underlined it to draw your attention to it but most of that post is from the in game codex.