Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ularg posted:

What happened?

You aren't actually finished with the game if you can't answer this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I am trying to catch up to the thread but am only on page 110 so can someone tell me if the frame rate fix and full screen fix are still relevant or if they were addressed in an official update? I got the game last week after seeing an ad on Facebook not expecting to play it since I was in the middle of Mass Effect Andromeda but Nier has totally taken over my gaming time. I just beat ending A last night and started the second playthrough tonight and this is one of my favorite games ever so far. It is just rest fun to play, has interesting characters (which is very cool since it didn't just start out like that. I was pretty annoyed at 9S at first but now he is a cool dude in my eyes). Good enemies and twists that keep me guessing - I fully anticipate playing through all of the endings.

I was wondering about the patches because the game always freezes up when I first boot it before the title screen. I have to force quit and start again and then it plays fine in full res on my second monitor (tv). There are some frame rate issues but they seem to be inconsistent and I can't figure them out. Nothing too severe but it gets choppy enough to notice occasionally...but not all the time, even in exactly the same places. Cut scenes are worse but I have read that is not controllable for some reason.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ularg posted:

What happened?

Haha don't worry about it ;)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

dazat posted:

It looks like I bought the wrong version of the DLC for my game (the new Chinese/Every Other Language version versus the plain English/Japanese version on the Hong Kong PSN Store). Given that and the notion of having to play all the way through the game AGAIN after having already did 100% completion & deleting my file, I think I'll consider my $12 a donation to Taro Yoko's war chest and just stream the new content...

There is only one dlc pack for asia other than the combo deal. I'm not sure why it's broken for me though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ularg posted:

What happened?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just realize pod 042 probably being referenced to Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

drat, this really was the perfect marrying of writer/creator and Platinum for gameplay.

Is there any reason to use the non-yorha weapons and use the machine or beast weapons?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pod 042 and 153 are the best.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

So why is everyone posting kind of super obvious spoilers when there's someone who isn't even done with route A is posting in the thread?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pod 042 and 153 are the best.

Odd way to spell "Jackass".

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

I just realize pod 042 probably being referenced to Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

drat, this really was the perfect marrying of writer/creator and Platinum for gameplay.

Is there any reason to use the non-yorha weapons and use the machine or beast weapons?

The pods and numbered using 012345 and 042 is the answer to everything and he saves everyone at the end

il serpente cosmico posted:

Welp, I just finished all the main endings last night, deleted my data and filled in some of the plot blanks with some of the original Nier's plot dumps. I realized that getting caught up in some of the illogical plot points just doesn't serve the series at all. How the hell did 2B's memories get in her sword? How exactly did A2 destroy the tower by hacking in to 9S? It is a mystery!

The weapons contain android data, it's not weirder than them having a flash drive in the handle. As for 9S since he was infected he was connected to the machine network, that's also why Adam was able to upload him into the ark, he wouldn't have been able to do that if he was offline, just as the copy of Adam that you fight in the underground city dies. The pillar of light is the connection to the machine network and the ark, that's why you hear the laughter from the machines from it, they are expecting to be shot to a another world and would have had not A2 murdered them.

That's my take anyway.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Saagonsa posted:

So why is everyone posting kind of super obvious spoilers when there's someone who isn't even done with route A is posting in the thread?

If it's me you're talking about, unless you give full context I don't really mind spoilers. I'm weird that way. Not saying go ahead and tell me everything, but I enjoy watching how it happens than knowing what happens.

I don't really look at spoilered text unless I'm really curious, so you can always use that. It'll be my fault if I hover over it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ularg posted:

What happened?
People not giving a gently caress about mechanics spoilers apparently is what happened

tho to be fair "im done and best of luck to my savegame data" has become a rather commonly unspoilered thing to say at this point, and will only later make sense with more context.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 3, 2017

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

RoadCrewWorker posted:

People not giving a gently caress about mechanics spoilers apparently is what happened

tho to be fair "im done and best of luck to my savegame data" has become a rather commonly unspoilered thing to say at this point, and will only later make sense with more context.

I didn't read this thread by purpose until I was done playing, people are just terrible at using spoiler tags.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Fredrik1 posted:

I didn't read this thread by purpose until I was done playing, people are just terrible at using spoiler tags.

Yep! Context is as important as the tag.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why cant I put kaine's outfit on nines.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Synthbuttrange posted:

Why cant I put kaine's outfit on nines.

Because the world is a cold, unjust place.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Real talk, Kainé's outfit should be A2's and Bro Nier would suit 2B better.

Mega spoilers

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F7KM18848_HHlQFviGCkJbXV1M-5SKm_HnVBTzzYlDg/edit

Translation of the 50 questions to Yoko Taro about NieR Automata from the JP guide. Very recommended after you finish the game.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:13 on May 3, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tunahead posted:

Yoko Taro became a thing when the zeitgeist caught up with him.

Yoko Taro thought about how most video games are about committing mass murder but bizarrely their protagonists just act like regular normal people. In 2003, he released Drakengard, which is the story of an enormous bloodbath and the mass murderer who revels in it. In 2012, Spec Ops: The Line did a similar thing and people praised it for its amazing story.

In 2010, Yoko Taro made Nier, a game about an apocalypse that turned people into really unusual zombies and the morally ambiguous dad who had to live in that dying world with his daughter. In 2013, The Last of Us did a similar thing and people praised it for its amazing story.

The gaps seem to be getting shorter so I look forward to a game being released later this year that wins all the awards for its amazing story about androids and robots fighting over a dead Earth in the distant future.

Replying from 50 pages ago. It's already happened with Horizon Zero Dawn. Apocalypse kills every human on Earth, our descendants try to remake the world. It even has the same verdant apocalypse aesthetic.

Big thematic difference, NA goes for resignation and nihilism, HZD goes for righteous anger at those who broke the world and those who would try and break it again.

Also lol at the retard who tried to say HZD's story is poo poo. HZD's storytelling is also alot more straightforward, it's more grounded and less obfuscated. NA excels when Yoko Taro can play the part of the auteur and pull off some bizarre and whimsical occurrences. Though the final Jackass Research Report is hilarious when she gets down to the brass tacks and lays out all the events and caps it off with righteous fury at the state of the world.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Alder posted:

There is only one dlc pack for asia other than the combo deal. I'm not sure why it's broken for me though.

No, there is one specifically for the initial English/Japanese HK release, it's just harder to find on the menu. This one, as compared to this one.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also NA and HZD both have the red eye flash whenever an enemy telegraphs their attack.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dazat posted:

No, there is one specifically for the initial English/Japanese HK release, it's just harder to find on the menu. This one, as compared to this one.

I found the correct version real easy by simply going to the game on the PS4 home screen, pushing down to where it says Store things and then clicking the DLC from there took me to the appropriate version with no store diving. Too late for yourself now, sadly, but for those who don't know who may want to, that's how you can do it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F7KM18848_HHlQFviGCkJbXV1M-5SKm_HnVBTzzYlDg/edit

Translation of the 50 questions to Yoko Taro about NieR Automata from the JP guide. Very recommended after you finish the game.

"The one who came up with project YoRHa is an individual android, but we have not revealed the details yet."

So yeah I guess we can bury any theories about the machines controlling the androids and go back to waiting for more of Taro's wild ride

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
That Question 39. loving Watcher Bullshit confirmed

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Beepy confirmed. Pascal confirmed to survive.

All's good

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Mega spoilers

Q45: I want a game set in the dark American hellscape.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

I found the correct version real easy by simply going to the game on the PS4 home screen, pushing down to where it says Store things and then clicking the DLC from there took me to the appropriate version with no store diving. Too late for yourself now, sadly, but for those who don't know who may want to, that's how you can do it.

Yeah which I discovered too late unfortunately! If it were the NA PSN store I'd call up but I don't know how conducive contacting HK support would be...

Mega spoilers

Lots of interesting tidbits!

Somehow I just knew Yoko would eventually comment on the state of android genitalia. Mimicking pregnancy sounds pretty creepy though...
So the person in charge of creating YoRHA is one particular android instead of a council or committee. I wonder if they'll ever divulge their identity (as well as the identity of the human whose personality the Red Girls apparently absorbed?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
The other novella from the guide book, Orbital Base Station "Bunker" – Observation Diary has just been translated. Not as spoilery as The Memory Cage but I'd still recommend waiting until you finish the game just in case.

dazat posted:

I'm working on translations of all the supplemental material for the Dark Id's LP, including the Orbital Bunker Base Observation Journal, my own version of Memory Cage, and the 3 novellas that come included in the strategy guide (that I'm waiting for in the mail). It's a bit of a struggle collecting everything, since it's not all in one place like Grimoire NieR! I've mentioned it before, but I'd sell my (non-existent, granted) first-born to see scans of the novel that came with the Japanese Black Box Edition which apparently has an exclusive story about the original Devola and Popola...

I look forward to it, and thanks for your hard work!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Who is Amazarashi and why are people claiming some licencing for a piece of music mightve pushed the price for the dlc? Are they full of poo poo or is that some gigantically huge and expensive name

if anything i could imagine the CEOs going "oh you can beat me up in this? 1500 minimum, period."

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

So what's the best level grind option now? Just running the infinitely spawning spots with EXP chips on is still gonna take forever.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nina posted:

So what's the best level grind option now? Just running the infinitely spawning spots with EXP chips on is still gonna take forever.

Just beat up the golden bunny for like a minute as 9S and then hack it once it wakes up

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere
Is there a minimum level requirement or specific chapter select to wake up the bunny? I beat up on it at level 70 for a solid 5 minutes with both A2 and 9S to no effect.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Nina posted:

Go to a spawn point with exp chips and just put on autochips and go do something else for a bit?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Trico posted:

Is there a minimum level requirement or specific chapter select to wake up the bunny? I beat up on it at level 70 for a solid 5 minutes with both A2 and 9S to no effect.

I got it to wake up at level 68 by throwing combat bracers at it for a couple minutes with a weapon attack up +6 chip equipped

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Trico posted:

Might only be doable in A and B.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Who is Amazarashi and why are people claiming some licencing for a piece of music mightve pushed the price for the dlc? Are they full of poo poo or is that some gigantically huge and expensive name

if anything i could imagine the CEOs going "oh you can beat me up in this? 1500 minimum, period."

They hate dolls.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

dazat posted:

GDT psn store you lied to me yet again 😠

I will see if they will refund me in the meantime.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

exploded mummy posted:

They hate dolls.

I like their eldritch abomination butterball mascot

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I believe they made a music video before release that had some clips from the game? Or I think it had replicas of the small machines being crushed by trash compactors.

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

Alder posted:

GDT psn store you lied to me yet again 😠

I will see if they will refund me in the meantime.

Let me know if you have any luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HGH posted:

I believe they made a music video before release that had some clips from the game? Or I think it had replicas of the small machines being crushed by trash compactors.

You mean ending delta.