Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

subterfudge posted:

Quake Champions has lifted the NDA for media but it's still in place for normal people. So if you want to see a lot of really bad gameplay you can check out youtube.

I thought I was watching Doom 4 multiplayer at first. Meh. Won't be buying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Reverand maynard posted:

shouldn't the merchant marine be good at boats tho? makes u think

That's why the new rule is "Two Finger drives the loving boat."

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I thought I was watching Doom 4 multiplayer at first. Meh. Won't be buying that.

The bad gameplay joke was in reference to the people playing it. It's a lot faster than that.

Here's a vid of someone who doesn't suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLEUD0WnTzs

subterfudge fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 3, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

That's why the new rule is "Two Finger drives the loving boat."

Queue FV bitching about engineers driving

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lazy Reservist needs to add some more voice channels to the discord server

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

Lazy Reservist needs to add some more voice channels to the discord server

yeah or promote more dudes who can do poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
none of us meet the cutting score

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

subterfudge posted:

The bad gameplay joke was in reference to the people playing it. It's a lot faster than that.

Problem is that for the modes implemented there's like 3 champions actually worth using as everyone else is too loving slow in order to control any items. Zoom increasing damage on certain weapons is heinously stupid.. Also one of the maps has the mega health and quad on a synced timer so if you're even moderately good you can roll the poo poo out of everyone every time they come back off cooldown.

Classic mode isn't implemented yet so who the gently caress knows how that's actually going to play, but champion mode is probably going to stay a pile of poo poo forever as it's inherently unfixable as the entire premise in anathema to how Quake actually plays.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Are you guys playing squad PUBG right now? Me and my Canadian buddy are doing duo right now.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Are you guys playing squad PUBG right now? Me and my Canadian buddy are doing duo right now.

Hop on the discord https://discord.gg/erEd33P

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the very first shell from the arty strike hits our motorcycle dead center

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

subterfudge posted:

That looks pretty rad. I just hope you can turn off the inane character one liners.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

That looks pretty rad. I just hope you can turn off the inane character one liners.

You can but it disables the announcer as well :shepface:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm so bad at battlegrounds but i never feel frustrated

we're all bad at battlegrounds though except pesticide apparently but he has a month head start.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
and probably is one of those stoner savants

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
See you at tha crossroads Darrow :(

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
darrow might not have been the hero we needed, but he was the hero we deserved

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So I've been playing expedition viking.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/445190/Expeditions_Viking/

It is pretty good. Turn based tactical game mixed with the ability to be an rear end in a top hat and having to balance your party around your actions.

Worship the gods or be greedy and rob tombs. Trade with picts, ally with england, or invade and destroy churches.

I saved a guy and people in my party were upset since he should of just died.

They also made another game that was about being a conquest and the only way to keep your party together was to be a racist rear end in a top hat.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Somehow I keep making it to the final ten, sometimes #2 in PUBGROUNDS then dying like a retard at the end. Reminds me of the two speeds of Titanfall 2. "Holy poo poo that was awesome" and "I died to a grunt?"

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015

Bolow posted:

Problem is that for the modes implemented there's like 3 champions actually worth using as everyone else is too loving slow in order to control any items. Zoom increasing damage on certain weapons is heinously stupid.. Also one of the maps has the mega health and quad on a synced timer so if you're even moderately good you can roll the poo poo out of everyone every time they come back off cooldown.

Classic mode isn't implemented yet so who the gently caress knows how that's actually going to play, but champion mode is probably going to stay a pile of poo poo forever as it's inherently unfixable as the entire premise in anathema to how Quake actually plays.

The objective based team mode isn't known yet but it will probably allow Clutch and Galena to be more useful. Those two are difficult to use in the current modes but the others are all viable in their own ways, they just take different play styles. I could see it becoming like tribes where you have differing roles on a team depending on what that game mode ends up being.

I'm still iffy on the scoped damage thing but I think it's a way to discourage the rail from being used in CQB situations. The HMG gets insane with it but you have to go into tunnelvision and lose situational awareness.

I thought the mega respawns 30 seconds after whenever it got picked up and the quad comes up every two minutes with time added if it spent time on the ground. They are pretty close in Sarnath(I've picked them up at the same time on a few occasions) and there's even a trick to getting from mega to quad in a couple of seconds on burial chamber. If you can control the mega and quad consistently then you probably deserve to stomp your opponents.

Classic mode will probably never get to being identical to Quake 3 since it's on a different engine and all. It depends on how close they even want to take it to the originals.

I think the champions stats and abilities are just an evolution of the different characters they've had in since 3. They can allow for different play styles and give another tactical element to consider when engaging someone. What the "sacrifice" objective mode ends up being will probably be the deciding thing for me on whether or not I'll play the game extensively.

Missionary Positron posted:

Anarki(the character being played) and Slash are meant to be annoying. They're drug addicted tourists who voluntarily went to the Dreamlands(Lovecraftian dimension where the game takes place). Some of the other characters aren't as bad.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

darrow might not have been the hero we needed, but he was the hero we deserved

Beautiful

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I win every now and then because the army trained me well.

CHICKEN SHOES is probably right though it's likely just the weed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:yeah:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Chaos fireball is a nice touch.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Any merit to using a setup like this? I'm not convinced putting plate on trains is worth it. It's another logistic layer on top of ore trains that I would have to maintain.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

It might be worth it if your base is gigantic and expansive. Like if I had a copper and iron ore patches close enough I will make green circuits on the spot.

This is my state of the base status update

East and south side of the base are surrounded by alien bases. I am building defensive walls and fixing the unnatural shorelines and making them square. just like god intended.

The south wall is holding, but I need to make a east wall.

Uranium set-up, Korvax refining is really good once you set it up properly.

Nuclear set-up that can be expanded. as long as you keep it 2 wide, you can lengthen infinitely and a certain amount of heat exhangers, offshore pumps and steam turbines.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

All science is automated so the rocket is next. Small 16 turbine reactor set up to supplement the 3000+ solar panels and a backup boiler system to restart the reactor in an emergency. I'm still working on supply problems and haven't expanded much. Fixed steel last night and immediately found myself with a copper problem today that I will have to solve tonight. I remote desktop to my home PC from work to keep research running and put out a fire or two, but the latency is so high that it's not really playable. No network stats turned on but my ping must be 1000 ms.

Bugs turned off because the factory is my real enemy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thats a real weird looking sim city 2k mod

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I remote desktop to my home PC from work to keep research running and put out a fire or two, but the latency is so high that it's not really playable.

:eyepop:

What the gently caress dude

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

:eyepop:

What the gently caress dude

We have really liberal IT policies. I cloned a bunch of stuff onto my home PC so I don't have to take my laptop home anymore but can still get on the company network and use my software. Only thing I can't do it remote desktop into the company network, only out of it. best thing of all is this is the first place where I can run non-approved executables.

My boss encourages all of this :v:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It might be time for EBB to take a break from Factorio

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

It might be time for EBB to take a break from Factorio

Yeah this is where I was going at dude jesus it's just a game

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ebb is a very dedicated gamesman

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Every minute not factorying is a wasted minute

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

how about i go back to drinking and smoking instead

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Alternatively you could shoot mans with us

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I'm so bad at battlegrounds but i never feel frustrated

we're all bad at battlegrounds though except pesticide apparently but he has a month head start.

Last night I got one shot killed at 300m by a guy with an SMG, and in another round got owned by some dude turning around and killing me after I had been firing at him from 10ft

That kind of poo poo is starting to get pretty frustrating. I think the game is doing the Battlefield netcode thing where even if you get hit 10 times while running it seems to you like you just got hit once and died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's not like a binary situation

Pesticide20 posted:

Alternatively you could shoot mans with us

Also this and make Australian jokes about my accent