Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

im sure Oliver is your typical tv neolib but his show does avoid any dem cheerleading, bee is basically peter daou given a comedy show

I kinda wonder if the Australian Gun Laws piece on the daily show would still be made now because it criticised politicians for not acting in their voter's interests before their ability to get elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Because liberals have a fetish for a "reasonable Republican" caricature that they can do the Hamilton with, even if it means showering a loving war criminal responsible for the death and misery of millions with love and adoration.

Guillotine them all, at this point. The primordial ooze is a threat to the world's safety.

Blue Collar Trump supporters are more reasonable to engage in discussion with than these asshats. At least they're able to recognize how bad of an idea the Iraq war was and you can even win them over on various lefty economic platforms now.

The thing that bizarrely angered me is how they're putting themselves on the cross right now. How it's they that are going to go to conversation therapy, get their access to planned parenthood taken away, etc. The person that went to private schools all their lives, had their parents fund them all through their existence..all that poo poo? They're not the ones. It's the poor women and poor lgbt that suffer.

They cosplay as people that are supposedly under nazi occupation, which honestly quite offends me. My grandmother lived under Nazi occupation. She got taken in and held captive by the SS because she knew how to read, write english. She was released because they realized she was just a kid at the time. Her brother also got a similiar treatment, and she said her uncle got shot because he wouldn't give up his jewish workers.

These people meanwhile have not had their civil liberties taken away. (This is not to say that they AREN'T people in America who have had their rights taken away. But they're not the people in that crowd)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Blue Collar Trump supporters are more reasonable to engage in discussion with than these asshats. At least they're able to recognize how bad of an idea the Iraq war was and you can even win them over on various lefty economic platforms now.

The thing that bizarrely angered me is how they're putting themselves on the cross right now. How it's they that are going to go to conversation therapy, get their access to planned parenthood taken away, etc. The person that went to private schools all their lives, had their parents fund them all through their existence..all that poo poo? They're not the ones. It's the poor women and poor lgbt that suffer.

They cosplay as people that are supposedly under nazi occupation, which honestly quite offends me. My grandmother lived under Nazi occupation. She got taken in and held captive by the SS because she knew how to read, write english. She was released because they realized she was just a kid at the time. Her brother also got a similiar treatment, and she said her uncle got shot because he wouldn't give up his jewish workers.

These people meanwhile have not had their civil liberties taken away. (This is not to say that they AREN'T people in America who have had their rights taken away. But they're not the people in that crowd)

i sorta of agree. i think they definitely are more open to actually left wing ideas. but i think their is a decent amount of bigotry/racism in the poor white working class. my friend works at a charity/ngo that helps disabled and poor people find jobs and get a foot in the door and the office is in Coal country south east PA and alot of them have bigoted as gently caress opinions and treat the one black kid who goes there like poo poo. that being said, my friend believes its mostly stems from poverty and them using right wing media as a escape and them slowly believing all that bullshit. it can be undone at least for the younger ones. but yeah your right.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

my brain and soul hurt.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/858706384011096064

Naw man.

There's no problems. Trump lost the election, and the Democrats regained power at national, state and local levels.

These are the people that need to be pantsed and mocked at every turn.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/858706384011096064

Naw man.

There's no problems. Trump lost the election, and the Democrats regained power at national, state and local levels.

These are the people that need to be pantsed and mocked at every turn.

It's so goddamn embarassing. One of the most devastating and humiliating defeats in electoral history and the general attitude is "uh russia's behind it all, and we did literally nothing wrong, also berniebros" while making excuses for a President who gave Wall Street a free pass and a blank check, gave private health insurance a blank check with no mandate to provide adequate care, did nothing about Ferguson and the epidemic of police brutality besides giving them more access to military hardware, and waged an illegal drone war on brown bodies with a 90% failure rate. These people should be ashamed, and in exile.

Instead they start talking like this to defend big money in politics.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

It's so goddamn embarassing. One of the most devastating and humiliating defeats in electoral history and the general attitude is "uh russia's behind it all, and we did literally nothing wrong, also berniebros" while making excuses for a President who gave Wall Street a free pass and a blank check, gave private health insurance a blank check with no mandate to provide adequate care, did nothing about Ferguson and the epidemic of police brutality besides giving them more access to military hardware, and waged an illegal drone war on brown bodies with a 90% failure rate. These people should be ashamed, and in exile.

She blamed "racism" in the clip. This coming from a woman who doesn't want her children going to school with African Americans, and considered a trip to rikers "paradise" because she didn't have her phone on her.

These are the people that need to be ousted, purged from our side, not championed as the "face" of the left. The constant excuses and refusal to acknowledge that people were struggling during this entire time. You can only blame the "republicans" for so long.

Do not get me wrong on this. The Republicans are pretty awful, but man the neoliberal enablers are almost worse in a lot of ways.

e: The problem isn't so much who voted for Trump. It's who DIDN'T vote for Clinton. They sucked at reaching "Behind the blue wall", getting African Americans, Hispanics, and even women to bother to show up. And really? Who could loving blame them. Would you want to get off your rear end to vote for more neoliberalism? Those people are hurt just as much, if not MORE than the white working class they keep blaming their loss on.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Apr 30, 2017

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Bernie's weakest demo now is white people, but bernie is racist and sexist guys

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

It's especially bad because they managed to lose to Trump.

That's like losing a Marathon to a toddler. The excuses are all some form of, "I would have won, but I lost 30 seconds when my shoes came undone at mile 18."

Yeah, sure. Maybe that delay was enough for the toddler to win. But the problem wasn't the 30 second interruption. It was that Hillary's campaign was such a failure that Trump got anywhere close in the first place.

Trump had half of Hilary's funding. He didn't have a real campaign staff for most of the election. He had continuous scandals. He got endorsements from all of 2 national newspapers.

Hilary should have had a Nixon-level blowout. But, instead of asking how she squandered that unbelievable advantage, the dems are trying to find the one, final factor that pushed Trump over the edge.

The dems are going to fix their email server. They'll be ready to beat 2016-era Trump! Meanwhile, Tump will be coming into the 2020 elections with a huge fundraising advantage, control over the house and senate, and a real campaign staff.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

moviebob's political beliefs and pop culture analyses come off as really insincere, as do most culture critics who have a political ax to grind. but you don't have to be a dyed-in-the-wool believer in order to get attention and clicks

i occasionally click on TGRS by accident when i want to go to this subforum and i feel dirty every time. they should segregate (lol see what i did there) that forum and the star citizen forum to a new Retarded Forums for Assholes. koalas march is like a buzzfeed editor with moderator power, and she's the pettiest person ever to hold a position of power on this dead gay forum

KM mainly keeps to her own posting ghetto, so the simple solution is to just not go there and let the people who want both more recognition and equality but also to segregate themselves while posting angrily about white people have their space. Let people like Tiny Brontosaurus or College Republicans have their own safe space.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

falcon2424 posted:

It's especially bad because they managed to lose to Trump.

tThat's like losing a Marathon to a toddler. The excuses are all some form of, "I would have won, but I lost 30 seconds when my shoes came undone at mile 18."

Yeah, sure. Maybe that delay was enough for the toddler to win. But the problem wasn't the 30 second interruption. It was that Hillary's campaign was such a failure that Trump got anywhere close in the first place.

Trump had half of Hilary's funding. He didn't have a real campaign staff for most of the election. He had continuous scandals. He got endorsements from all of 2 national newspapers.

Hilary should have had a Nixon-level blowout. But, instead of asking how she squandered that unbelievable advantage, the dems are trying to find the one, final factor that pushed Trump over the edge.

The dems are going to fix their email server. They'll be ready to beat 2016-era Trump! Meanwhile, Tump will be coming into the 2020 elections with a huge fundraising advantage, control over the house and senate, and a real campaign staff.

If the DNC just keeps doubling down on Neoliberalism mixed with faux "woke" inter-sectional feminism? I don't see a reason why anyone outside of rich white people who live in Sillicon Valley, Hollywood, Brooklyn/Manhattan, and the Beltway should waste their time giving them a vote. (Aka The "Hamilton" demo).

I keep looking at the Sam Bee''s, and Peter Dauo's of the world then I feel physically ill. These are people that don't identify with any sort of struggle related to the working class in this county. Hell they don't identify with minorities in this country, yet they keep hiding behind them in a desperate attempt to excuse their shittiness.

I'm tired as an :911: citizen to have my concerns about friends, family and neighbors of all races, creeds, sexualities and gender being dismissed by these asshats. That's exactly what they do with this "russia" crap, and other gas lighting efforts they chirp up about.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Sam Bee crafted Bernie Sanders into a person that abuses and beats women.
that's giving one person too much credit because "bernie bro" worked its way up from random internet people to websites like Blue Nation Review. she was the person most visibly on tv saying that, so it's easy to say she controlled that narrative

Byolante posted:

I kinda wonder if the Australian Gun Laws piece on the daily show would still be made now because it criticised politicians for not acting in their voter's interests before their ability to get elected.
that's a good point. the daily show got harder to watch by the end of jon stewart's time there, but it was always cynical about government and the people in it. i can't imagine jon defending obama's massive speaking fees like trevor noah did

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 00:33 on May 2, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Go gently caress yourself, Daily Show

https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/status/859242862432722945

(Also, Carter seems to be like he was too good to be involved with the Presidency compared to his contemporaries...)

get that OUT of my face posted:

that's giving one person too much credit because "bernie bro" worked its way up from random internet people to websites like Blue Nation Review. she was the person most visibly on tv saying that, so it's easy to say she controlled that narrative

It really is incredible how much control the Clinton team had over the media during the primary, and hell during the general.

It really made a lot of people feel genuinely powerless when they'd report various half truths and outright lies to smear people to the left of them. And it ultimately backfired on them...big time.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/859254889347723265

"hey guys. I'm gonna use a homophobic slur against someone I don't like. Don't worry. It's cool, I'm not like those Neanderthals on the right,"

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
drat, Colbert. That's a shame. What annoys me most about all this is that the same flimsy morals were used to abuse family and friends for being white straight people from the Midwest are so easily forgotten when it's "the enemy" you're describing. I don't even mind that he used a homophobic slur, especially since that's a pretty light one. What I mind is the fact that a guy on the street saying the same thing about a different person would be crucified on his show.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would like to kill and eat Colbert for his social immunity and money.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/859254889347723265

"hey guys. I'm gonna use a homophobic slur against someone I don't like. Don't worry. It's cool, I'm not like those Neanderthals on the right,"

idk if its a homophobic slur but im hella mad at the kink shaming

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

FisheyStix posted:

drat, Colbert. That's a shame. What annoys me most about all this is that the same flimsy morals were used to abuse family and friends for being white straight people from the Midwest are so easily forgotten when it's "the enemy" you're describing. I don't even mind that he used a homophobic slur, especially since that's a pretty light one. What I mind is the fact that a guy on the street saying the same thing about a different person would be crucified on his show.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would like to kill and eat Colbert for his social immunity and money.

I think that's kinda what offends me about it. The hypocrisy. I'm a fan of blue humor and offensive jokes. I think that when used right? They can provide a lot of joy and sometimes highlight how hosed up things are. (James Adomian doing a bit on "Gay cartoon villians" for example).

But that's what this particular class of people do. It's kinda the same thing with a few of them mocking white trash Americans and acting like they're better than them. I got my rear end kicked trying to find a job out of college. Turns out, no, you're not better than that person who lives in the trailer park busting his rear end to try to feed his family. That's a lesson a lot of people in that "class" of people need to learn or relearn.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

slate is going destroy the alt-right with its own logic.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

I am about to the point where I honestly wouldn't mind of they learned that lesson under a guillotine. These people never have and never will be my allies unless they can score points off my sexual identity, and if I didn't even have that, they'd toss me in the garbage with the rest of the working poor.

I can't imagine how insulting it must be if you're black or transgender, or something way more visible than "gay" to have these soulless hedonist parasites as the vaunted champions of your cause. If minorities weren't so desperate for allies, I think more of them would despise people like colbert for actively harming their cause.

Because that's what it does. We would be better served by an enemy that we can unite against instead of an ally that abuses our misfortune for their own profit, to say nothing of the poor and middle class (amazing that there's still a distinction between the two) who could put the money towards something other than sucking their own dicks, to borrow some imagery.

Maybe poo poo like not having an entire town full of poison water or an education system that isn't internationally laughed at. You know. The little things.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FisheyStix posted:

I am about to the point where I honestly wouldn't mind of they learned that lesson under a guillotine. These people never have and never will be my allies unless they can score points off my sexual identity, and if I didn't even have that, they'd toss me in the garbage with the rest of the working poor.

I can't imagine how insulting it must be if you're black or transgender, or something way more visible than "gay" to have these soulless hedonist parasites as the vaunted champions of your cause. If minorities weren't so desperate for allies, I think more of them would despise people like colbert for actively harming their cause.

Because that's what it does. We would be better served by an enemy that we can unite against instead of an ally that abuses our misfortune for their own profit, to say nothing of the poor and middle class (amazing that there's still a distinction between the two) who could put the money towards something other than sucking their own dicks, to borrow some imagery.

Maybe poo poo like not having an entire town full of poison water or an education system that isn't internationally laughed at. You know. The little things.

at least they pretend to care about you. none of these woke cunts give a gently caress about physically disabled people. they fling "abelest" around willy nilly about dumb light stuff or mental illness and they will bend over backwards for "transabled" people but real cripples arn't worth poo poo.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

at least they pretend to care about you. none of these woke cunts give a gently caress about physically disabled people. they fling "abelest" around willy nilly about dumb light stuff or mental illness and they will bend over backwards for "transabled" people but real cripples arn't worth poo poo.

The secret to being woke is you don't actually have to give a poo poo about anyone but yourself

These people would laugh at a mass grave as long as you put up a sign that said "white people" next to it. Nevermind how many black, Hispanic, gay, crippled children lay strewn across the top. They would laugh and laugh, laugh until tears streamed down their cheeks. Laugh until the light of setting sun turned their tears to blood, and their shadows into long knives.

The fuckers.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

FisheyStix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcOp2VtIv8o

Humanist Report kinda nailed this line of horseshit logic down used by the woke neoliberals. They seem very keen on denying people justice under the guise of trying to "white knight" for people. They use the language of progressivism, populism...and then throw them under the bus when elected.

You've kinda nailed it though. The true enemy of justice is not conservative, it's the neoliberal moderate who plays interference for them.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BThRZbCs-p8

Man this video seems really amusing in some ways in hindsight.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

so what happened with slate, did they forget scare quotes somewhere or are they opening an alt-right joint on the far left?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kraps posted:

so what happened with slate, did they forget scare quotes somewhere or are they opening an alt-right joint on the far left?
it could also be poorly-disguised sarcasm. fire the guy who wrote it either way

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's clearly ironic, like that Colbert Show tweet about the Redskins that got him in trouble a few years back. The lesson is to stop hiring C-SPAM posters to write headlines for your mainstream publication.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, shots fired, what did cspam ever do to u?

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i am so offended

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im pro trump and im totally happy with colbert calling him a cockholster

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
colbert is good when hes outrageous and political

im more pro-good-entertainment than anything else!!

he also said cuck (and he said it RIGHT) so im happy

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcOp2VtIv8o

Humanist Report kinda nailed this line of horseshit logic down used by the woke neoliberals. They seem very keen on denying people justice under the guise of trying to "white knight" for people. They use the language of progressivism, populism...and then throw them under the bus when elected.

You've kinda nailed it though. The true enemy of justice is not conservative, it's the neoliberal moderate who plays interference for them.

Why force actual change when you can string them along, throwing out a minor law that kind of benefits them when reelection time comes?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

FisheyStix posted:

Okay, but that desperation you mention is real and justified, so what is to be done?

I think if you leave the goal of a more humane society, in the hands of people who are more interested in conspicuous displays of virtue over pragmatic action, society will continue down the path it is. A lot of the growth of reactionary animus over the Obama years, follows as a direct consequence from the influence of these wokes as 'representatives' the multicultural alternative, and their indifference to the concerns of the people they're obstensibly trying to persuade to be less racist or whatever. They're not interested in talking as equals to ordinary people, who probably smell, instead preferring to believe that being smug and self righteous is somehow going to ingratiate people to your cause.

But that's presently the situation, it is in their hands, and they've placed it in their hands through supression of anyone else who doesn't fit their mold. 'There is no alternative - we made sure of that'.

The probability of them being dislodged is also quite small. They have corporate backing, yet they have adopted the clothing of radical resistance. The irony of this, is that anyone newly politicized, interested in radical opposition, is probably going to end up in their camp, and thereby only perpetuate the system - neoliberal capitalism has essentially become a totalitarian system, where oppossition to the system is now integrated into it's smooth functioning.

I dont think anything is going to change, until they lose, bigly. Clinton/Trump wasn't enough, despite losing essentially all government influence, they still remain and somehow still present themselves as viable. Their incompetence is essentially directing us into the worst of all possible worlds. But they'll never take responsibility for the effect of their actions, or accept that they had any part in it - everything is always someone else's fault, never their own. That kind of mindset is impervious to persuasion or self reflection, they'll just keep going until they die or everyone stops listening to them.

So I think their loss is inevitable, the question is what comes after they lose, and that can be a different story.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

tl;dr, primary those fuckers out.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I would like to mock this person

https://twitter.com/FilmFatale_NYC/...express-take%2F

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

she's right

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

tl;dr, primary those fuckers out.

They could go back to the republicans where they sincerely belong at this point. They're Rockefeller republicans who fled the right after LBJ signed civil rights legislation

Let the left be the party of DSA, Greens, and such. The left needs to be the party of justice reform, economic justice, unions, anti-war, and protecting the environment. Neoliberals represent none of that.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tweet is gone, what was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Not a Step posted:

Tweet is gone, what was it?

For reference, the original novel by Agatha Christie was about the train.

• Locked thread