Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The perfect metaphor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchabully
Jul 20, 2003
Pillbug

holy poo poo lol

hope Spicy's paying attention, this is a great way to escape uncomfortable questions

"Sean, would you care to comment on the President's latest--"

*1812 Overture blares at full volume over the press gallery speakers*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

either i am coming down from the most insane bender of all time or this reality is actually real. oh dear.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
Forgot that I meant to post this today: rush had some trump official (oh gently caress I just looked it up and it was Mike pence. I only caught a few mins of the middle and apparently every boring old white guy sounds the same to me) call in to his show today

Rush is in this weird place right now where he's aware trump is a flaming pile of garbage; he can't embrace him entirely because inevitably some longrunning scandal, whatever it is, will be too much. But a huge % of his listeners are trump fanatics, so he walks this tightrope of being a skeptic, not sure if trump's plans will play out as expected but still trying to spin everything as brutal ownage vs the liberal elitists

The part I caught was rush just laying into Pence and calling him on a bunch of poo poo, but then he backed off and let Pence defend all the points. But the whole time you can hear rush just huffing and puffing hard into his mic lol. At first I thought he was enraged at certain things Pence said and was containing the urge to just talk over him, but then I realized he was just out of breath from his brief tirade

the interview continued on with a kind of fake animosity, "well you guys aren't going far enough with obamacare and giving those liberals what-for!" *gives Pence a wide berth to excuse and justify everything, let's the rebuttals go without comment*

I might have loled a few times at that

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 3, 2017

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Cross posting for posterity

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
The Republican plan to pay for their tax cuts on rich people includes a proposal to get rid of tax breaks on 401k investments.

lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Skypie posted:

The Republican plan to pay for their tax cuts on rich people includes a proposal to get rid of tax breaks on 401k investments.

lol

Bout time someone dealt with those elite 401k havers, in their damned ivory towers :argh:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Colbert taking it up several notches.

"... in fact, your mouth is only good as Vladimir Putin’s cock-holster’"

Don't watch in mixed company.
There's two minutes of video here, and it's not as hard to watch as those awful parents pranking their kids; but it's still kind of uncomfortable (and amazing.)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 3, 2017

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

Colbert taking it up several notches.

I love that man.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

im loving dying lmao

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
i changed my mind im actually 100000000000% glad trump won

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Dizz posted:

i changed my mind im actually 100000000000% glad trump won

Is there a #trumpregrets, but for people who voted against him?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
i've accidentally liked a tweet before while scrolling through my timeline

gently caress knows why she reads her @mentions tho

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

This has been the best day for lols lmao at everything

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Plavski posted:

i've accidentally liked a tweet before while scrolling through my timeline

gently caress knows why she reads her @mentions tho

it aint mentioning that account

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

quote:

There has to be a better system than this...

quote:

... [audible groan]

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

it aint mentioning that account

she's either vanity searching the #melania hashtag or @flotus mentions then

hardly outside the realms of possibility that it's an unfortunate accident. incredibly lol-worthy, but if this is actually how melania is going to passive aggressively get back at her husband, it's just tragic

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?
loving lol at the last 5 pages. Just goddamn lmao.

I mean, this thread. During the day i'll just suddenly start smiling and let out a little chuckle because i remember something one of you guys posted in here, and if someone catches me doing it, and they ask me "What?" i have to say "Oh! nothing. I just thought of something funny" which is loving annoying, but i can't explain it to them. It's impossible. It's now gotten to the point where i have decided that when this happens in the future, I'll tell them that I saw a funny cat on youtube, or watched a stand-up show with [unintelligible].

I guess what i'm trying to say is: thank you, guys, for compiling the trump lols in here, because i'd only find a fraction of them on my own.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Plavski posted:

she's either vanity searching the #melania hashtag or @flotus mentions then

hardly outside the realms of possibility that it's an unfortunate accident. incredibly lol-worthy, but if this is actually how melania is going to passive aggressively get back at her husband, it's just tragic

im going to assume she didn't know people could see her likes, because that's the best option for my own enjoyment

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

KrolleBolle posted:

loving lol at the last 5 pages. Just goddamn lmao.

I mean, this thread. During the day i'll just suddenly start smiling and let out a little chuckle because i remember something one of you guys posted in here, and if someone catches me doing it, and they ask me "What?" i have to say "Oh! nothing. I just thought of something funny" which is loving annoying, but i can't explain it to them. It's impossible. It's now gotten to the point where i have decided that when this happens in the future, I'll tell them that I saw a funny cat on youtube, or watched a stand-up show with [unintelligible].

I guess what i'm trying to say is: thank you, guys, for compiling the trumyou should p lols in here, because i'd only find a fraction of them on my own.

When they ask "what" you should just say "donald trump is president" and if they laugh you will know a true friend

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
This is my favorite SA thread ever, I can't remember a time where I was so excited to wake up and see new posts :allears:

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Constipated posted:

This is my favorite SA thread ever, I can't remember a time where I was so excited to wake up and see new posts :allears:

this thread will be goldmined in 4 years. it should be published as the sequel to A Confederacy of Dunces - when Ignatius J. Reilly got elected President

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Burt Sexual posted:

I guess "you can be smarter than the president" is all I got.

If your children aren't already smarter than the president you need to demand a refund from your obstetrician.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Constipated posted:

Yeah it's very good, but how does it compare to "The Others", aka Reddit and 4Chan equivalents?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I'm not brave enough to find out

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah it's very good, but how does it compare to "The Others", aka Reddit and 4Chan equivalents?

if there's one things goons know it's that we're inherently superior to everyone else on the internet. hence, our thread is also superior and we do not need to investigate any further.

in fact, i'm questioning why you're even asking...

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
i feel like this is 9/11 all over again, and i'm reading about the destruction of something incredible in real time with like minded people - only this time, it's loving hilarious instead of godawful and tragic

well, actually, more like a combination of all three of those - but at least it's funny!

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?

Away all Goats posted:

When they ask "what" you should just say "donald trump is president" and if they laugh you will know a true friend

You know what? I'm going to do this. Because you are right.

Constipated posted:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Lmao

This sums up this whole administration

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

sugar free jazz posted:

But no one died in that crossing, historians said, or in any other notable Civil War engagement on the spot.

“How would they know that?” Mr. Trump asked when told that local historians had called his plaque a fiction. “Were they there?”

goldmine this loving thread

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Your Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, ladies & gentlemen:

quote:

As he toured facilities for the poor in Ohio last week, Mr. Carson, the neurosurgeon-turned-housing secretary, joked that a relatively well-appointed apartment complex for veterans lacked “only pool tables.” He inquired at one stop whether animals were allowed. At yet another, he nodded, plainly happy, as officials explained how they had stacked dozens of bunk beds inside a homeless shelter and purposefully did not provide televisions.

Compassion, Mr. Carson explained in an interview, means not giving people “a comfortable setting that would make somebody want to say: ‘I’ll just stay here. They will take care of me.’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/...v=top-news&_r=0

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol how very christian of him.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Compassion, Mr. Carson explained in an interview, means not giving people “a comfortable setting that would make somebody want to say: ‘I’ll just stay here. They will take care of me.’”

I bet this is how doctors justify throwing sick people out of hospital beds

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

It is as jesus has said:

"For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’ But don't make it too comfortable, for else they will just want to stay there."

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I bet this is how doctors justify throwing sick people out of hospital beds

look, if they're allowed to stay there any longer they'll start to like it and will bring in their furniture and their pets and before you know it we have a shanty town in the O.R.

kick them to the loving curb

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I hope one of them says the n word today

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Jukebox Hero posted:

the war of uppity northern aggression

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Son of Rodney posted:

It is as jesus has said:

"For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’ But don't make it too comfortable, for else they will just want to stay there."

amen

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

requesting the human being dog/trump animorphs cover please, I want to spread the lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jukebox Hero posted:

I don't

Cause you know trumps base will defend them

And the lols will turn into sad faces

Lol