Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

VideoGames posted:

The Switch hasn't even been out for a quarter of a year and people are already wanting a new version.
RIP switch.

Goons are obsessed with waiting for the revision that's definitely just around the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i have never docked my switch (because i don't have a tv)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Docking the Switch is for tossers.

You don't want to be a tosser, do you, guys?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

deadwing posted:

The 3DS won't die anytime soon because there are still a lot of good games coming out for it and a loving enormous back catalog of good games

Sure new games might stop coming out in a year and a half or so, but hardware will still be produced for a while

No new games is the definition of a system being dead.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

deadwing posted:

The 3DS won't die anytime soon because there are still a lot of good games coming out for it and a loving enormous back catalog of good games

Sure new games might stop coming out in a year and a half or so, but hardware will still be produced for a while

If the n2ds xl came out last year I would have gotten one for the game backlog, but it didn't and the switch is just plain better and gently caress taking two portables with me.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

C-SPAN Caller posted:

If the n2ds xl came out last year I would have gotten one for the game backlog, but it didn't and the switch is just plain better and gently caress taking two portables with me.

You know people who owns 3DSes and Vitas don't bring them both everywhere, right?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I have a suggestion:

Take the system that has the game you currently want to play

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Etrian Odyssey 5 is still 3DS, right? That's enough reason for me to keep it around.

Also, Monster Hunter 5, since Capcom's aggressive silence about the matter makes me think it won't be on Switch. I suppose we might find out during E3.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

No new games is the definition of a system being dead.

So the Wii U, a system that is out of production but is still getting new games is... alive????

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I have a suggestion:

Take the system that has the game you currently want to play

What if I like playing more than one game

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Goons are obsessed with waiting for the revision that's definitely just around the corner.

*waits three years to play a bunch of games I really want* jokes on you, idiot, I saved 50 bucks and my Switch doesn't dock.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Takoluka posted:

You know people who owns 3DSes and Vitas don't bring them both everywhere, right?

Americans own vitas and take them with them?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

deadwing posted:

So the Wii U, a system that is out of production but is still getting new games is... alive????

That's more of a Weekend At Bernies type situation

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I will start a Mario Kart Room in 5 mins.

SW-3278-9881-9495

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How far has everyone made it in Tumbleseed? I got to the 2nd stratum a few times

The HD rumble feels great in it too

saying it again too: play with the joycon sticks and not the pro controller because the deadzone feels way better on those for this game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Each joycon has a gyro in it right? I want a shooter that lets me dual wield guns and gyro aim each separately

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I was thinking about paying Sprint more money to turn my phone into a mobile wifi device so I can play online games wherever. Is this feasible, or would the connection just not be strong enough?

I've done this on Verizon with mixed results. I used a Pre/Pixi on 3G and could play Quake Live reasonably well, but when I moved we picked up a garbage 4G Android and the hotspot on it was awful. By turns the phone would randomly drop the connection either with the tower or the client computer. It also crashed abruptly any time we connected an iPhone via wifi.

For temporary on the go connections it might be passable though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Each joycon has a gyro in it right? I want a shooter that lets me dual wield guns and gyro aim each separately

Yeah, otherwise 1-2-Switch would not be possible

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

One of my colleagues dunked one of my right joycons (a grey extra I had bought) in a glass of water: is that part of the switch experience?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

the switch is good

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tekopo posted:

One of my colleagues dunked one of my right joycons (a grey extra I had bought) in a glass of water: is that part of the switch experience?

Man someone really wanted to count those ice cubes

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

A modern LTE phone should have no issues tethering and playing. LTE speeds in my phone are currently double my FiOS fiber and the latency is comparable.

Now, on Sprint, that may be another question. That's because it's Sprint though.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tekopo posted:

Uh. Why?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

He had just picked it up and it slipped out of his hand and into a glass of water. It was like a perfect storm.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Can't wait for the 4ds where every screen is a touch screen and it tracks your eyes and still can't detect the face of a black person on mii creation

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Really, Nintendo should just merge the Switch and 3DS lines and release the 2DSwitch XL (Compact Version) that will sell out everywhere forever.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Pureauthor posted:

Really, Nintendo should just merge the Switch and 3DS lines and release the 2DSwitch XL (Compact Version) that will sell out everywhere forever.

make it the size of a gamecube that can also read gamecube discs

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tekopo posted:

He had just picked it up and it slipped out of his hand and into a glass of water. It was like a perfect storm.

That sucks. Get that bad boy in a bag of rice.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Right. I am going to sell my collection of SNES/MegaDrive games to buy a Switch. I saw a video of Link encouraging a dog to run around in circles and now I've forgotten how to think about other things.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Fully immersive Switch experience

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lakbay posted:

How far has everyone made it in Tumbleseed? I got to the 2nd stratum a few times

The HD rumble feels great in it too

saying it again too: play with the joycon sticks and not the pro controller because the deadzone feels way better on those for this game

Just curious... have you adjusted (or even found?) the deadzone settings in the game menu?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Tumbleseed looks good but I think I'd suck at it

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Feenix posted:

Just curious... have you adjusted (or even found?) the deadzone settings in the game menu?

I did that first thing when I booted up the game then I tried both types of controllers while adjusting the deadzones for each and the joycons feel way better

You want hyper precise movements for the game and even with the same settings on both controllers there's still a larger deadzone on the Pro

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Anidav posted:

I will start a Mario Kart Room in 5 mins.

SW-3278-9881-9495
There already is a Mario Kart room, why not just use that one? The code is in the thread OP. There's one for Racin' and one for Battlin'.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Meridian posted:

That sucks. Get that bad boy in a bag of rice.

Also send that joy con in for repair.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Blaster Master Zero can now be upgraded to v.1.2, but when you go to select DLC in Extras, you get taken to the eShop and then you get an error saying no downloadable content is available. :sigh:

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
Tumbleseed is harder than Ninja Gaiden.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I will never stop lollling at the reddit posts from like a week after launch about "when is the Switch Lite likely to come out?" or "this is the best console ever but it's too thick but also has too small a battery and screen and I don't like the joycons and hate the idea of docking".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

deadwing posted:

New game. Cars 3: Driven to Win is the only yet to be released Wii U game left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's gonna be GOTY and all the losers who sold their Wii U will rue the day

• Locked thread