Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
I paid the subscription fee just for the ability to drag and drop images. So much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

That kind of thing is sometimes what I do to really aggressive quarterbacks. Just do the opposite to teach them not to play out my turn for me. Collaboration in a co-op game is great, but some people get really extreme with the QBing.

I usually tackle them and scream 'IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO BE TACKLED YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE QUARTERBACKED' and then mash their face into the floor

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
drat that's good...

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

drat that's good...

I'm a cool dude

Also man these little xpacs are hard as gently caress to find since they sell out in days. I snagged two when i was out in NY but I still don't have miskatonic museum.

Figure they would up their print runs with the demand being so high.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
They did, but it effectively takes FFG months to react to demand.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Elenkis posted:

I paid the subscription fee just for the ability to drag and drop images. So much easier.

If I stop paying the $3 a month or whatever, do I still get all my card images? That's not tied to the subscription, is it?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Worse interface, but TTS has all the stuff available (haven't checked Blood on the Altar yet, my arrives soon).

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I'll pay $3 a month to not have to use TTS, honestly.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Fair enough. It doesn't bother me :shrug:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

COOL CORN posted:

I'll pay $3 a month to not have to use TTS, honestly.

Yeah I tried it on TTS and hoooooooooly poo poo the interface is awful for card games.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

COOL CORN posted:

If I stop paying the $3 a month or whatever, do I still get all my card images? That's not tied to the subscription, is it?

I've not actually tried letting my subscription end to test that... I wouldn't think so, and certainly hope not, but unfortunately don't know.

Fat Samurai posted:

Worse interface, but TTS has all the stuff available (haven't checked Blood on the Altar yet, my arrives soon).

I tried using TTS to play it before the OCTGN module was out and found it a bad enough experience that I never did it again. Especially as I tend to play on my laptop, without a mouse.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 25, 2017

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

$3 a month to pirate an LCG? Wasn't OCTGN supposed to be open source?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

alg posted:

$3 a month to pirate an LCG? Wasn't OCTGN supposed to be open source?

$3 a month for premium server which includes uh... I dunno, ostensibly some other stuff.

But in other news, I finally have 2 core sets, Dunwich, and all 3 mythos packs! PHEW, the search is over for now.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

$3 a month for premium server which includes uh... I dunno, ostensibly some other stuff.

But in other news, I finally have 2 core sets, Dunwich, and all 3 mythos packs! PHEW, the search is over for now.

But do you have all the standalones

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Sloober posted:

But do you have all the standalones

Rougarou and Carnevale? YEP.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
But do you have all five playmats

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

But do you have all five playmats

And pre-orders for all the other packs and next bigbox

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
No, what am I, some kind of nerd?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Now don't forget the art sleeves!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

COOL CORN posted:

No, what am I, some kind of nerd?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
New preview for Undimensioned and Unseen. Not sure how much is new news.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/2/science-or-seance/

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Goddamn, Inquiring Mind is level zero.

As an aside, as I'm late with dunwich mini-packs - have we seen the secret behind Strange Solution so far?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Lichtenstein posted:

Goddamn, Inquiring Mind is level zero.

As an aside, as I'm late with dunwich mini-packs - have we seen the secret behind Strange Solution so far?

Not yet, no, despite there being like three different places it seems like it would fit (this upcoming pack included).

Maybe four for a joke option of you drinking it at the Clover Club.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Well we know it's not in the last pack, so it's either the upcoming pack or the fifth pack.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Inquiring mind is really good, especially for a zero. I don't mind Alyssa either-she actually is kinda amazing with the bonus investigator from the book deal (that I'm still sad I didn't get :( ). Although acolytes largely serve the same function.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

alansmithee posted:

the bonus investigator from the book deal (that I'm still sad I didn't get :( )

I was just looking into that today, apparently Marie Lambeau is going to be in a future expansion, the preorder thing was just to get her early.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I really like tactical options that let you mess with the encounter deck like Scrying and now Alyssa.

alansmithee posted:

Inquiring mind is really good, especially for a zero. I don't mind Alyssa either-she actually is kinda amazing with the bonus investigator from the book deal (that I'm still sad I didn't get :( ). Although acolytes largely serve the same function.

Charisma seems like it would be absolutely required before investing in her for Marie -- 4 resources is expensive for a Mystic and a Baron Samedi draw would kill her immediately and waste that investment. Great combo once you have Charisma though.

COOL CORN posted:

I was just looking into that today, apparently Marie Lambeau is going to be in a future expansion, the preorder thing was just to get her early.

Yeah they confirmed you just got her early if you got the book. Scans of the card are out there so she's real easy to proxy. The book is awesome though.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Soothing Vapors posted:

The book is awesome though.

Agreed; I didn't get the pre-order, but the art alone is worth it

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I really like tactical options that let you mess with the encounter deck like Scrying and now Alyssa.

Charisma seems like it would be absolutely required before investing in her for Marie -- 4 resources is expensive for a Mystic and a Baron Samedi draw would kill her immediately and waste that investment. Great combo once you have Charisma though.

Yeah they confirmed you just got her early if you got the book. Scans of the card are out there so she's real easy to proxy. The book is awesome though.

Yeah I know you just get her early, but it appears she's not in the next expansion either so it's taking a lot longer for her to come out than I expected. Also my friend did get the book and I'm just a bit jealous since he's been playing her since day one.

Charisma is definitely a go-to card for Marie because as you mentioned Samedi just wrecks you. Even without though she's still gonna be solid since you can't totally fear Samedi. The effect is also super strong-unlike scrying you're not delaying some event but actually trashing it (although 1 doom isn't insignificant). And I don't find mystics to be that short on cash-forbidden knowledge plus emergency seems to keep them in cash, and a lot of their other stuff seems reasonable in cost (although most of my mystic experience has just been with Jim).

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
That's interesting, in my experience mystics are possibly the most cash starved class.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
It seems impossible to find The Dunwich Legacy for a decent price right now. Hoping they print more soon.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Rad Valtar posted:

It seems impossible to find The Dunwich Legacy for a decent price right now. Hoping they print more soon.

I'll be at the FFG HQ retail store tomorrow, they always have a bunch. I can send you one if you want, just PM me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Obama 2012 posted:

I'll be at the FFG HQ retail store tomorrow, they always have a bunch. I can send you one if you want, just PM me.

PM sent.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Obama 2012 posted:

Do they also have a Miskatonic Museum? Coolstuff messed up my order and now everywhere is out of stock again. :(

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 11, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm kind of torn between which of those new rogue cards I want in my Jenny Barnes deck first. Upgraded Opportunist x2 (which would also give others the chance to put the level 0 cards in their deck), or get some "Lucky" dice in? Quick thinking is really nice as well though...

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm kind of surprised they included three new Rogue cards instead of the usual two per class. I really dig all of the ones from this pack, but man, there are some subtle (but really important) changes between the normal and upgraded versions of the Rogue and Survivor cards.

-Opportunist upgraded is now succeed by 2 or more instead of 3 or more.
-Survival Instinct adds an extra Agility icon, but more importantly, if you succeed, you Evade all enemies and move, instead of just disengaging them. This one is REALLY nice.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm kind of torn between which of those new rogue cards I want in my Jenny Barnes deck first. Upgraded Opportunist x2 (which would also give others the chance to put the level 0 cards in their deck), or get some "Lucky" dice in? Quick thinking is really nice as well though...

Paper + pen proxies. Screw the deck building shuffle.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Does anybody here play Wendy Adams these days? I never hear much about her, but I'm curious if the expanding card pool has done her any favors.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Obama 2012 posted:

Does anybody here play Wendy Adams these days? I never hear much about her, but I'm curious if the expanding card pool has done her any favors.

I really liked her evasion tank gimmick the first time I played her. Then I reached the boss of the core set who'd unexhaust after every player's turn and she was completely worthless.

It left a sour enough taste in my mouth that I've not wanted to play her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thocan
Jan 18, 2014
Looks like the Core and Dunwich Legacy have been on the boat since mid-april. Anyone know how accurate FFG's 4-6 week boat-to-shelves estimate is nowadays? I remember for a while they were nowhere close to meeting that with X Wing restocking.