Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

edit:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

First Dog on the Page

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

UberJew posted:

i really want to ask the artist if they're ok

these are more frustrated and angry than all the crosshatches in the world

It's capturing a lot of my frustrated lefty feelings so far.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Since Dees is no artist he's definitely nicked that Kim portrait from someone. No luck in finding the original though.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

CampingCarl posted:

This is just amazing.

New Homefront looking good.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

UberJew posted:

Turns out a strip about a satisfied person, happy w/ their life, isn't that fun to read.

Nenonen posted:

Since Dees is no artist he's definitely nicked that Kim portrait from someone. No luck in finding the original though.

Just took a shot of his head from Getty or wherever, make it grey, then draw lines on it. I'm sure his artistry can stretch to that.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wish Alhazred would at least post old Zelda from back when the comic was good. Much like Rocky and Nemi, these days Nina seems to just squeeze out wet farts because she's making millions.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Just took a shot of his head from Getty or wherever, make it grey, then draw lines on it. I'm sure his artistry can stretch to that.

Even lazier, he actually just layered another face that had the lines over the grey scale image of KJI. You can see the second mouth below Kimmy's.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

UberJew posted:

I kinda feel like that's what she's going for with these. It's not your typical "I am a leftist and this is why you're wrong and I'm right" cartoon. It's more "The world and society in general are really weird and hard to deal with but I'm doing the best I can."

CampingCarl posted:

This is just amazing.

Not sure I like the new direction they're taking for Mechwarrior V

Arthur Crackpot fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 3, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OptimusShr posted:

New Homefront looking good.

The last one was terrible though :smith:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

The last one was terrible though :smith:

You say that like there was ever a good Homefront game.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ramos posted:

You say that like there was ever a good Homefront game.

It was the only one I played? ALso, it was when I was unemployed, so it was from the deep discount bin. :shrug:

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A Dallas cop who killed a teen was dismissed.

Andy Warner on the shrinking religious diversity in the Middle East.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Those are terrible caricatures; if you remove the text nobody could guess they are Erdogan and Duterte.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Holy poo poo, we are in the bizarro timeline :stonk:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

CampingCarl posted:

This is just amazing.

We really need a sequel to Metal Wolf Chaos

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

UberJew posted:

Two things:
I don't see why it's wrong to feel angry and frustrated, especially with how hosed the political climate is these days. And its not like she is writing an autobiography.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If you aren't somewhat angry and/or frustrated in the current political climate you should be really thankful.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Selachian posted:

As you may know (perhaps from this very thread), Eaten Fish is the pseudonym of an Iranian cartoonist who's being held in the Australian prison camp on Manus Island.

By the way, if you Americans really want a country to invade, Australia needs to have the gently caress bombed out of it. Just do Newcastle first. I want to die quickly.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Radish posted:

If you aren't somewhat angry and/or frustrated in the current political climate you should be really thankful.

Apparently Sweden, the other parts of Europe, is struggling with a steady rise of fascist populism. A straight up neo-Nazi political party has something like 22% of the vote. As a leftist living in the south land of Trump's America I can empathize with her frustration.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Apparently Sweden, the other parts of Europe, is struggling with a steady rise of fascist populism. A straight up neo-Nazi political party has something like 22% of the vote. As a leftist living in the south land of Trump's America I can empathize with her frustration.

12,8% in the election (if you were talking about Sweden), but polling between 14-25% in different polls. Some of the polls where they are in the high end are however of dubious statistical quality, and there seems to be some indication that their growth has stalled somewhat. Still, it's an extremely serious situation.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Yesterday I watched American Psycho.

Something interesting: there are many references to Trump in American Psycho.

Bateman (the character) seemed fixated in the Trump celebrity. Most violent reaction from Bateman, where caused by his inability to live the Trump live the way Bateman imagine Trump life.
http://www.fanofwords.com/american-psycho-donald-trump-ref/

Trump is what serial killers want to be.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Tei posted:

Yesterday I watched American Psycho.

Something interesting: there are many references to Trump in American Psycho.

Bateman (the character) seemed fixated in the Trump celebrity. Most violent reaction from Bateman, where caused by his inability to live the Trump live the way Bateman imagine Trump life.
http://www.fanofwords.com/american-psycho-donald-trump-ref/

Trump is what serial killers want to be.

You should read the book if they have a good Spanish translation of it. The whole thing is poking fun at/highlighting the psychosis of American hyper-capitalism in the 80s.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Hillary Clinton stated “I take absolute responsibility” for her election loss. She promptly went on to blame James Comey, Russian ‘WikiLeak’ hackers and misogyny. Hillary expected to win automatically. After all, she outspent Trump two to one. Trump however, out-campaigned her by the same ratio. Trump appeared robust and tireless while Hillary was apparently out sick, coasting or resting. The rust belt wanted jobs, not a repeat of the empty hope and change promises previously delivered by Obama. They were ready for real change. Hillary was the status quo candidate of the central bankers. So was Obama. Trump stood out as a populist outsider with a more compelling vision of America—and he won.

WikiLeaks exposed Hillary as an operative working for the banking elite, the CFR and the deep state Illuminati. She lacked charisma, health, ethics and a convincing back story. Instead, she relied on slogans and platitudes that rang hollow. It’s time for the Clintons to go away for good, but they have owned and corrupted the Democratic party for so long that they have now become the Democrat party. Without them, who else is there? Elizabeth Warren? That could possibly explain why the Clintons, who grew fantastically rich through their political graft are now promoting their daughter. Chelsea has recently received a great many positive mentions and news stories from the bought-out mainstream media. Hillary is grooming her for office. First, the Clintons will pay for a congressional seat even though Chelsea is not qualified. Then, after a term or two, she’ll probably run for a short stint in the Senate. After that, the presidency.

Hillary ran a dog of a campaign. No amount of grooming and money will help her daughter succeed where her mother failed. America has had enough of the Clinton and Bush dynasties.

—Ben Garrison

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I have seen it so much in this thread that I have to ask, what the hell is the "Deep State"? Is the right seriously going "Illuminati and Lizard People" now?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The Wikileaks dump of Podesta's emails proved Hillary is a member of the Illuminati? Weird how that part wasn't reported.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I have seen it so much in this thread that I have to ask, what the hell is the "Deep State"? Is the right seriously going "Illuminati and Lizard People" now?

My understanding of Deep State is that it's the bureaucrats and people with an interest in seeing the status quo maintained (so like CIA etc) who undermine plucky little presidents like Trump. Garrison's version is unusual (to me, anyway, I've only seen him do it) in that he specifically puts them at the behest of the Illuminati/Rothschilds/blah-blah.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The name comes from Turkey, where it is/was a real thing. In the context of Turkey, it means that the military holds real power and uses threats, bribes, and the occasional violence to control key figures in the government. When Garrison/the Alt-right days it, it's basically Illuminati bullshit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's a term that had some legitimacy w/r/t Turkey, where there was an entrenched pro-democratic, secular apparatus and sentiment in the government and military, with roots back to Kemalism. This was before Erdogan purged the hell out of it, though.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Starshark posted:

My understanding of Deep State is that it's the bureaucrats and people with an interest in seeing the status quo maintained (so like CIA etc) who undermine plucky little presidents like Trump. Garrison's version is unusual (to me, anyway, I've only seen him do it) in that he specifically puts them at the behest of the Illuminati/Rothschilds/blah-blah.

Before the alt-right picked it up I've mainly seen the term used in reference to Turkey, which had a real and very serious problem with parallel power structures in the military and intelligence community that always stood ready to topple any civilian authority that strayed to far from what the generals perceived as the proper Turkish way.

e: and beaten several times over

that's what you get for typing slowly

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Ah, so basically my assumption was right, but I didn't know it was a Real Thing in Turkey. The more you know :rory:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Part of what's messy is that the Turkish Kemalists were operating in a sort of Praetorian form, and now that they're gone Erdogan is showing why their presence was so important.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

MaLLarDFiLLMOre.....jpg

While many complain about PC culture, it is in fact far less restrictive than naysayers would have you believe, leaving an entire hand completely free. In fact, the only actual restrictions apply to the right. AGC

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Garrison going back to attacking the Clintons instead of saying anything bad about Trump is hilarious.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

While many complain about PC culture, it is in fact far less restrictive than naysayers would have you believe, leaving an entire hand completely free. In fact, the only actual restrictions apply to the right. AGC

But it leaves your left hand free. Coincidence? I think not!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Garrison is hitting the issues most pressing to the average American

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ben Garrison posted:

It’s time for the Clintons to go away for good, but they have owned and corrupted the Democratic party for so long that they have now become the Democrat party.

I like that Garrison has retconned the dumbass wingnut use of "Democrat."

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

You know... I've said a few times that "Garrison is basically Dees on some meds", but... sick burns aside, there has to be some sort of correlation between believing in these sort of conspiracy theories and actual mental illness. R-right? I mean, Dees' symptoms are (at least in part) "believing in the same poo poo as Garrison".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Garrison is just a poo poo monster, a Golgothan, if you will.

• Locked thread