Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Barudak posted:

What I most remember about Spawn was there was an absolutely dizzying fight scene of low-frame rate CGI that remains the only time I've ever felt nauseous watching a movie.

What about CG Malebolgia looking like an animated graphic from the CD-ROM video game cutscene era?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teagone posted:

What about CG Malebolgia looking like an animated graphic from the CD-ROM video game cutscene era?

I may have been too sick at that point, because for years I thought Danny DeVito was in that movie.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The MSJ posted:

Warning, people. Todd McFarlane says he has a new finished Spawn movie script.

I hope that Suicide Squad has opened the door for big budget 90s comic book movies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

wyoming posted:

I hope that Suicide Squad has opened the door for big budget 90s comic book movies.

Deadpool 2 will be followed by X-Force.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/creepypuppet/status/859608259300278272

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Deadpool 2 will be followed by X-Force.

Isn't there supposed to be a Cable movie? Or was that just a baseless rumor?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a Cable movie? Or was that just a baseless rumor?

Yes, it's called DEADPOOL 2.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Barudak posted:

I may have been too sick at that point, because for years I thought Danny DeVito was in that movie.

Did you think he was the Clown? I could totally see someone thinking that.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cleaning out piles of boxes in the storage closet. Found a bunch of DVDs I forgot I had.

Superman Returns was one. Popped it in and probably watched that intro 10 times in a row. I didn't even rewatch the movie, just the opening credits. Because it's so good.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

Spawn may actually be the most 90s thing in existence. It so perfectly encapsulates everything about that decade's pop culture. poo poo, even the politics are 90s, buying into the idea of the end of history and easy military adventurism.

That said, Michael Jai White is fantastic and deserves more stuff. Him not being a huge star will forever be a mystery to me. There's a fairly forgettable old crime film, 'Thick as Theives' with Alec Baldwin that demonstrates that, in addition to being huge, he's also pretty drat funny.

Well at least he got to make Black Dynamite.

quote:

Henry Cavill was sexy af in Man of Steel and BvS, what the heck Gail. I remember hearing audible gasps in the scene where a shirtless Henry steals clothes in MoS. Or... maybe they were gasping because Superman was stealing?

Cavill was sexier in The Man from UNCLE, even though that movie felt like it was an hour too long.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

dont even fink about it posted:

Cavill was sexier in The Man from UNCLE, even though that movie felt like it was an hour too long.
Is it possible to really appreciate parts of what a movie was trying to do while also not liking those parts much? Because that's how I thought about the layered action sequences technique they used. They fit perfectly with that whole aesthetic they had going but also just weren't thatt exciting/tense for me.

edit; this isn't general discussion, my bad. I'll leave it here anyway though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Defenders trailer just dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3m7B4v6Zc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Did you think he was the Clown? I could totally see someone thinking that.

Exactly that. I still think hed be great for it today.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

ITT:

Many male goons unable to comprehend distinction between "sexy" and "attractive" from a woman's perspective.

My female friend and I both agreed that Cavill was the most attractive and sexy man we ever met.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Barudak posted:

What I most remember about Spawn was there was an absolutely dizzying fight scene of low-frame rate CGI that remains the only time I've ever felt nauseous watching a movie.

You have a fragile baby tummy and/or brain, also a bad opinion about a good film.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

https://twitter.com/daniel_switzer/status/859768374947184640

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Incredible how successful Marvel has been in translating the movies to TV.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

What do you say to that other than 'lol'. Good to see the Nightwing Fan Film guys getting some work.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another WW TV spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua5h3kogDUk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Runaways Hulu Series teaser

https://twitter.com/JackRicofficial/status/859771894932926466

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Meh. I'm more interested in The Punisher's solo series and the next Daredevil season.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

They'd better have Old Lace :colbert:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

teagone posted:

Meh. I'm more interested in The Punisher's solo series and the next Daredevil season.

Wow, yes. I couldn't make it through a couple episodes of 3 out of those 4 individual series but sadly there looks to be a lot of DD plot afoot here so Idk, I may have to choke this down.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

teagone posted:

Yeah, all that trailer made me think was, "Holy poo poo, Marvel lucked out on casting Charlie Cox, and holy poo poo, the rest of their leads are so bland."

Although I'm always down for more Scott Glenn. He could have been a dead ringer for Woodrow Wilson in some World War I biopic.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What do you say to that other than 'lol'. Good to see the Nightwing Fan Film guys getting some work.

:drat:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/status/859799739566481408

Turns out WB hadn't started to promote the movie yet. Who knew? :v:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What does the cross symbolise?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

sassassin posted:

Death. Sacrifice. Salvation. The light of the world and the sun of righteousness.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

They'd better have Old Lace :colbert:

The whole series will be a failure if they do not.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hollismason posted:

The whole series will be a failure if they do not.

I think I heard a growling during it. Hopefully the real trailer will be out soon because those just make my head hurt.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Cross symbolizes the Crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a lower case "t" for "time to leave"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I guess it's probably true to the comics or whatever but I wish one of those Netflix fuckers could just throw a fireball or something instead of all being good at the exact same thing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I feel like you could take any four members of the Agents of Shield crew and their characters would much more competently handle any given situation than Karate Man, Strong Unbreakable Man, Strong Alcoholic Woman, and Hears and Smells Well Karate Man

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The Defenders are very lucky that New York has a chronic problem with ninjas so they have someone to fight.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's Giuliani''s biggest failing that he couldn't clean up the ninja problem.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dragon Sound would clean that poo poo right up.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Lobok posted:

It's Giuliani''s biggest failing that he couldn't clean up the ninja problem.

"Broken Window" policing doesn't work when these hero jerks are always throwing ninjas through 'em!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

sassassin posted:

The intersection of the material and spiritual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/runaways/status/859878444817141760

• Locked thread