Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's gonna be GOTY and all the losers who sold their Wii U will rue the day

A dozen green lights, all labelled 'Port _____ from Wii U to Switch', just began flashing in Ninty HQ the moment the MK8DX first day sales numbers rolled in anyway soooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The people who sold their Wii U can't play Captain Toad so really they're already living in a hell they made

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dr Cheeto posted:

The people who sold their Wii U can't play Captain Toad so really they're already living in a hell they made

This is where I'm at. Every time I think I don't need my Wii U anymore I remember that I would lose access to Captain Toad and Tropical Freeze.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Pureauthor posted:

A dozen green lights, all labelled 'Port _____ from Wii U to Switch', just began flashing in Ninty HQ the moment the MK8DX first day sales numbers rolled in anyway soooo

Mario Kart 8 was, by far, the best-selling game on the Wii U. I don't think anyone at Nintendo is gonna make the mistake of thinking Captain Toad Switch would sell like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think if it would have the same attach rate as on Wii u, Nintendo will make a profit porting games over.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mario Kart 8 was, by far, the best-selling game on the Wii U. I don't think anyone at Nintendo is gonna make the mistake of thinking Captain Toad Switch would sell like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Just make Super Mario 3Deluxe World with the Captain Toad Campaign tacked on, it has levels like that anyway.

Replace microphone input with eating inputs in the IR thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who doesn't love docking? Docking is great :huh:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Captain Toad was great but probably should have been an eShop game.

What I'm saying is, Captain Toad 2 coming to the Switch eShop in 2018.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm just saying, don't set yourself up for disappointment when they don't announce Wii U Selects for Switch.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Captain toad was too drat easy

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Captain toad was super chill and cool

Agreed and good.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dugong posted:

I have never docked my Switch

I've never docked my cock but I don't want to remove my ability to do it in case I ever decide to.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's me. I sold my Wii U about a year ago, having never finished Captain Toad.

Captain Toad would be freaking perfect for Switch. They could also probably pretty easily just add or change levels for a good deluxe mode or quasi sequel.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

If all the good Wii U games get ported Mario Kart 8 Deluxe style I will be very happy.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Hell, if they just got Bayonetta 2 I'd be pretty fuckin' stoked

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'd like Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Switch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Not a Children posted:

Hell, if they just got Bayonetta 2 I'd be pretty fuckin' stoked

this and tropical freeze would be all I'd need. they won't see MK8 numbers but Bayo2 might have more visibility now that the 1st one is on Steam.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I still have my WiiU because I'm not a monster, so I'd prefer that Nintendo's limited first/second party development resources focused on new games for Switch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They will put all the Wii U games on the Switch, except they will be labeled Deluxe and will have Gold Yoshi in them for some reason

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Spellman posted:

They will put all the Wii U games on the Switch, except they will be labeled Deluxe and will have Gold Yoshi in them for some reason

Yoshi suit Bayonetta is gonna be good

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Takoluka posted:

Agreed and good.

it was still a baby game tho

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

In MK8 after you finish a race there is an 'X button' UI next to a 0/6. What's that for?

Edit: Also, to get 3 stars in a course do you need 1st place on all races? or just overall?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Chernabog posted:

In MK8 after you finish a race there is an 'X button' UI next to a 0/6. What's that for?

I asked this about 2 pages ago. It's to flag one of 6 possible slots for saved replays / favorited replays.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
We don't need more ports of Wii U games to Switch. Sequels would be better. If more ports happen they need to add more content that MK8D did.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Hyrule Warriors on the Switch would be pretty clutch

Hell, so would that Kirby game I paid $40 and played through once then never touched again

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm just saying, don't set yourself up for disappointment when they don't announce Wii U Selects for Switch.

It would be really weird for the Switch to be the only major console of the past two generations to not have a bunch of rereleases, especially considering that the Switch's second big hit, coming out a month after the system's release, was a rerelease.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Pikmin 4 please

I heard 3 wasn't as good as 1 or 2

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Feenix posted:

I asked this about 2 pages ago. It's to flag one of 6 possible slots for saved replays / favorited replays.

I see, thanks.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Pikmin 4 please

I heard 3 wasn't as good as 1 or 2

3 was great. All Pikmin games are great.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I'm surprised there hasn't been any news on a Mario Maker port. That one seems obvious.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

What do you mean, they did make a port for their super popular portable system!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Phantasium posted:

But what about their OTHER super popular portable system?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

I still have my WiiU because I'm not a monster, so I'd prefer that Nintendo's limited first/second party development resources focused on new games for Switch.

This

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

You Wii U owners are so selfish.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Phantasium posted:

The 3DS port of Mario Maker removing the online aspects was the worst idea.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People who didn't buy and keep a WiiU don't deserve nice things

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 3, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It would be awesome if Shiggy just open palm slammed the "Port from Wii U to Switch" button but it's best not to expect anything, inevitably there's gonna be great games left behind. TMS #FE definitely isn't making it over, for one.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

3 was great. All Pikmin games are great.
Really hoping 4 doesn't keep the pattern and give you 4 captains to work with.

3 was already a little too much some times.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd buy all the Wii U ports even though I'm keeping my Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can't they just spin the Wii U game machines back up and just modify them to print out Switch carts instead of DVDs?

• Locked thread