Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Quite Stylish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Martin's still alive because he's tough as piss and now his constant companion is a fresh new russel terrier and Roz and Bulldog are divorced

Wait, did Roz and Bulldog really end up getting married? I thought there was like a whole episode devoted to the fact that it's in fact Bulldog who's the gay guy at the station and not Gil, and that he's so hyper-masculine as a compensating measure or whatever.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Was that bit in the Nanny G episode where she asks Frasier if he knows what it's like to play the same character for 20 years the only bit of wall breaking camera mugging the show ever did?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Kelp Me! posted:

Wait, did Roz and Bulldog really end up getting married? I thought there was like a whole episode devoted to the fact that it's in fact Bulldog who's the gay guy at the station and not Gil, and that he's so hyper-masculine as a compensating measure or whatever.

None of the above happened. Perhaps there was an offhand comment about Bulldog overcompensating, but if so, nothing ever came of it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bulldog was in love with Roz, but she let him down easy that she didn't feel the same. Then he fights zombies in the basement or something. It was a weird season.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

None of the above happened. Perhaps there was an offhand comment about Bulldog overcompensating, but if so, nothing ever came of it.

It might just have been a throwaway bit.

The guy who plays Bulldog is totally gayballs IRL tho

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Kelp Me! posted:

The guy who plays Bulldog every male character except Frasier is totally gayballs IRL tho

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The actors who play Gil, Bulldog, Martin and Niles are all gay irl but so far as I know none were 'out' at any point of the show's run

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The actors who play Gil, Bulldog, Martin and Niles are all gay irl but so far as I know none were 'out' at any point of the show's run

Niles and Gil are gimmies and I think it's pretty funny when Gil goes on his little rant about his loving wife, it's pretty on-the-nose.

Bulldog and Martin were surprising when I learned about them, Bulldog is married to one of the producers of the show even :kimchi:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Martin & Niles are Daphne's IRL son's god-parents, and what's more, Martin is English! The rabbit hole for this show is crazy adorable.

Bulldog is particularly funny because a lot of his behavior would be APALLING in a show today. The way he gooses Roz, closes the door when she's trying to leave...it would all be so 'problematic' today, but I'm sure at the time everyone was like "yeah but he's gay IRL and its kinda funny".

When he breaks his own finger to scare away one of her dates I realized that he was an amazing character despite seeming about as deep as a puddle. I really cannot express how impressive this show is, every character gets multiple dimensions and in ways that you just DONT get to see on TV today.

I also learned that Martin's actor played a bit part on Cheers like a decade before Fraser started that was totally unrelated to the Cranes

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

I also learned that Martin's actor played a bit part on Cheers like a decade before Fraser started that was totally unrelated to the Cranes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1AKAKGCvk

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Bust Rodd posted:

Martin & Niles are Daphne's IRL son's god-parents, and what's more, Martin is English! The rabbit hole for this show is crazy adorable.

Not just English, but he actually grew up in the part of the UK (Manchester, which is Oop North) that Jane Leeves (who is actually from the south of England) is trying to emulate when playing Daphne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrLyWlCrP8

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

cool new Polack jokes posted:

unless john mahoney was still lying in the early 2000s he's probably just aromatic or something, he said in an interview back then that he never married despite being in several longterm relationships because he hated arguments and would just disappear after the first big one, as if he had a borderline fear of them

supposedly his parents were at times very verbally abusive towards each other, apparently john's siblings ended up in healthy marriages having learned from their parents' mistakes while john just slinked away from relationships in general

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
That's one of those classic Dude Of That Age fibs though, alongside "I met a woman who died in the war and could never love again" and "You know, I moved around a lot and just never found time to settle down with the right woman". More like Dong Maheiney, am i rite?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Disgusting Coward posted:

More like Dong Maheiney, am i rite?

:lol:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hard counter posted:

he's probably just aromatic or something

lol

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Dude is a certifiable bachelor, good for him, that team is stacked with all the men

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Imagine all the hilarious miscommunications that could've happened on this show if autocorrect had been a thing!

Would've lent some more believability to that late-season episode where Frasier says Niles should be "executed" instead of "exonerated", at least.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Are dating services slash match makers still a thing today? And do they really cost 10 thousand dollars
What is a doula

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Calaveron posted:

What is a doula

I believe it's a thing on your rear end that your doctor can remove for you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't know!!! what's a doula with you??????

(it's a type of midwife iirc)

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
In S11E21 I find the premise of Frasier and Charlotte having to ask for mechanical help from those dour yet friendly country people extremely unlikely, because despite Frasier knowing less than nothing about cars, he would most likely have his expensive german car inspected as soon as any warning light would pop on, if not because he very obviously meticulously takes care of his things, at least because his vehicle showing visible signs of wear and tear would present a great blow to his ego

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 4, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is Stephen Root the operational definition of a character actor

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I don't get it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i don't know!!! what's a doula with you??????

(it's a type of midwife iirc)

It sounds like an ethnic midwife used exclusively by affluent white people

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Calaveron posted:

Is Stephen Root the operational definition of a character actor

Stephen Root is the best in anything he is in.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I want to gently caress, and then shoot my hot cum all over, Roz's titties.

Thanks for reading.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks for reading.

Ideal username post combo, also: :yeah:

naem
May 29, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks for reading.

I'd bust in her myself

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Martin's still alive because he's tough as piss and now his constant companion is a fresh new russel terrier and Roz and Bulldog are divorced

Eddie Would Never Die before marty, if marty is alive, so is eddy. Except he had 3 legs and grey fur now but it doesn't slow him down

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zwvLW0hTyY

I lose my poo poo at "cure for cancer"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
There was one episode of Modern Family pretty recently that had Kelsey Grammer in it, and his delivery really can elevate anything. Yes, he basically played "uptight sophisticated guy" again, but he's just drat good at it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Look at this little fella go. Less legs compresses the same energy into a denser and more volatile form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9j7Z96J-rw

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

When you see a dog with 3 legs you're looking at a dog that's lived right to the edge, almost too far, but it survived and now it knows it's limits

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i try to make 3 legged dogs feel bad about their handicaps but they just don't seem to care

its frustrating

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's a three legged greyhound and it's owner that comes into my bank sometimes and she is my absolute favorite. She's super old (like 13 or something). I jokingly asked her owner if she knew how to shake, and the owner told me "Oh she shakes a ton just trying to stand up now." They're both pretty cool. Think the dog is dying though. :(

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZasP77J0yhE

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Been rewatching. Most of the stuff holds up, the stuff that doesn't is hilariously inappropriate for 2017, and then there's the stuff where I'm not sure it ever was appropriate

"Well, you were the one who spent 30 minutes looking for that weird candleholder"

"It's a menorah, Roz"

How the hell you grow up and not learn what a Menorah is? And don't say "the deep south"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it's a joke on a sitcom