Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Had a game today where my brother got killed relatively early so I wasn't playing too seriously anymore. I came across 2 guys running across the country-side and noticed they weren't watching behind them so I decided to just stalk them for a bit instead of firing. I followed them for about 2 minutes before they got to a house and ran into another group coming to the house from the other side. I sat back and watched as the other side downed one of the 2 dudes before they lost the fight and died. I waited for the survivor to go rez his friend and then popped him in the head and looted 4 corpses for the price of 1. Probably my favourite round so far even though I didn't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Got my first headshot on a moving Dacia driver last night. He was following a buddy who had a buggy and I bet that guy never even knew what happened to his pal.

In general I feel like I'm bad at all the parts of the game that involve shooting, and good at the parts that involve hiding and stalking and planning. This means I get into the top ten with some regularity but always get panicked and gently caress up in dumb ways :(

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Chard posted:

Got my first headshot on a moving Dacia driver last night. He was following a buddy who had a buggy and I bet that guy never even knew what happened to his pal.

In general I feel like I'm bad at all the parts of the game that involve shooting, and good at the parts that involve hiding and stalking and planning. This means I get into the top ten with some regularity but always get panicked and gently caress up in dumb ways :(

I always get hosed because i'll sneak up on someone and i'll watch them instantly snap around and smoke me, or someone will snipe me with a shotgun.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Carebearz posted:

I always get hosed because i'll sneak up on someone and i'll watch them instantly snap around and smoke me, or someone will snipe me with a shotgun.

Try and approach from cover cause they are likely to be using alt to look around while staying still.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
How I know I'm bad is when i land right by someone, if I get to a gun first they will stay on my rear end / steal the ammo / punch me in the face and generally make it dicey for me to even run away with my skin intact. When they get to a gun first I run up, don't get the ammo in time, and punch the air around them while they lock and load and blow my rear end away.

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 3, 2017

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I got killed by a guy with a pan while I had a shotgun :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I got killed by a guy with a pan while I had a shotgun :(

Pan is a oneshot on head so you got lucky lol

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Chard posted:

I really dont like the "drop on the school and hospital forever until you Learn To Kill" mentality because mostly in practice what you learn is that the person who gets their Real Gun first wins, and in the big buildings thats mostly a matter of luck, but it is pretty good for helping one shake the yips in shooting dudes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Why are ACOGs so rare now? I could swear they were more common a few weeks ago prior to that last big patch.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Why are ACOGs so rare now? I could swear they were more common a few weeks ago prior to that last big patch.

2x might be diluting the optics loot, but also it is random and humans are excellent at detecting patterns even where they aren't significant.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

My findings to date are 100,000 red dots, a handful of 2x, and literally one 8x when all I had was shotguns.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there some secret to locating AR suppressors? Every fucker seems to have one after the 30 remaining mark has passed, but I seldom ever find them.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Bring up the inventory menu when looting and kill dudes to take their scopes and suppressors. That is the secret.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Gunder posted:

Is there some secret to locating AR suppressors? Every fucker seems to have one after the 30 remaining mark has passed, but I seldom ever find them.

Suppressors spawn literally everywhere but are hard to see on the floor sometimes.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Gunder posted:

Luck runs in streaks which is why you're having none lately, and its a cornerstone of the game's design that other people will find the stuff you haven't which is why the most murderous folks are also the most successful.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I just had a match where I dropped into a city and didn't find a single backpack so yeah I'm def on a cold streak. :saddowns:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Got myself a fully kitted out SCAR, a suppressed K98 with 8x, and level 3 armour, camped out in a house in the middle of the zone, heard a dude pull up in a car and come inside, saw his backpack clip through the door so dumped my whole mag through the door. Wrecked the door but I don't think I hit him once and as soon as I reloaded he just walked in and popped me in the head. Fucks sake.

GuardianOfAsgaard fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 3, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gunder posted:

The best luck for suppressors is the higher risk loot spawns, eg, hospital, military base, radar towers, etc. There's a radar tower in the middle of nowhere west of Gatka that I've found sniper suppressors at before:

http://www.pubgmap.com/#7.-21.-625.5

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Break is on a five game win streak, is very cool and chill, and also is extremely handsome

https://www.twitch.tv/break

only downside is his mancunian accent :3:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Solo dinner #5 and man does it taste as sweet as the first time. Got a 500m+ headshot kill too and the final circle ended up on the beach east of primorsk so I got in my car and did circles around the area to try and flush out the last guy because I didn't know what hut he was hiding in and it worked. Pulled up and we had a sniping war till he died to the zone. Slightly less satisfying than killing him but chicken's chicken.

e: I've noticed that suppressors can spawn on the balcony on certain buildings but they don't show up and you can't loot them :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 3, 2017

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
This might not be right right place to ask but I'm in a bit of a hurry, my nephew really wants this game and I got sent a %25 off voucher through good old games.

If I buy it through gog with my voucher will I just get a game serial key I can send him it to activate on his steam account?

Thanks fellas.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
I think that the winner of a game should have a giant rotisserie chicken fall from the sky on their head. Or they turn into a giant rotisserie chicken.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Captain Hair posted:

This might not be right right place to ask but I'm in a bit of a hurry, my nephew really wants this game and I got sent a %25 off voucher through good old games.

If I buy it through gog with my voucher will I just get a game serial key I can send him it to activate on his steam account?

Thanks fellas.

I'm sure you mean Greenmangaming! But yeah GMG just give you a steam key.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Captain Hair posted:

Thanks fellas.

there is an option to buy the game as a gift, and you can send it directly to his email or steam account(if he has one)

it's super easy to buy games for people through steam.

e: oh wait you weren't talking about buying it through steam

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

jubjub64 posted:

I think that the winner of a game should have a giant rotisserie chicken fall from the sky on their head. Or they turn into a giant rotisserie chicken.

Next round their head turns into a roast chicken and rare loot drops when they're killed.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Next round their head turns into a roast chicken and rare loot drops when they're killed.

This but it is a live chicken and constantly making noise :getin:

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Break is on a five game win streak, is very cool and chill, and also is extremely handsome

This as I said earlier.
I quite like his accent though but I'm EU so what do I know hehe.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm mostly joking about his accent because p much everyone makes fun of it

Not as much as geordies but all the same I guess

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I'm sure you mean Greenmangaming! But yeah GMG just give you a steam key.

You are 100% correct that is who I mean :)

Thanks dude

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 3, 2017

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Finally got my chicken dinner. I was going to lose my mind if I didn't win at least one solo. All it took was randomly finding a loot crate drop in the middle of the ocean while I was trying to get to the circle in a boat. Got an 8x for my AR and the m249 machine gun. Mowed down anybody coming into the circle and then picked off the last guy with a huge 8x advantage. It was really awesome because it was raining and there was a huge lightning strike when I killed the last person and it made me yell SHAZAM

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

VulgarandStupid posted:

So this happened today...

Edit: I got an email from Green Man Gaming, offering 20% off this game, if you're on the fence about it. I'm not 100% sure it will work on someone else's GMG, but here's the code.

3BD75M-8T0WFU-8SUBRQ

I used this and it worked thanks time to be bad at game

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

These guys aren't half bad :catstare:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this game is....good

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

this game is....good

yea only other game i could get that adrenaline fix was EVE pvp. well and dayz but those moments were too rare to be worthwhile really

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

jubjub64 posted:

Turns out PUBG takes place in the same world as Streets of Rage.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Other than finding a couple on people I killed, I looted my first AR suppressor in the middle map ruins. I then got 2nd place, which is the best I've got and 4 kills. Would've had first if I followed my instinct and shot at the two bushes on the other side rather than worrying about him being prone somewhere else. I knew better. My K/D has increased a good bit, so I'm getting better at spotting folks, positioning myself and actually shooting. Upping the graphics settings helped utilize my GPU more helping it be less blurry with low framerate. Feels like most my deaths are from me losing gun battles I initiate due to my bad aim and/or lag, or poor final circles movement . I managed to survive a landing drop against two ARs and a shotgun with just a 1911, so that was thrilling.

I've been to the starting island a few times. The first time was uneventful and I got decent gear with a Kar. The 2nd was with friends. We took two boats and another two boats showed up. One left immediately. I dropped off my teammate and he killed all but one of the remaining group. I rammed their boat, capsized it and got mine stuck on top. One boat remained a short distance away. I was ahead of the last guy who was staying underwater so I ran ashore, found a SCAR but he got in the boat quicker than I anticipated and drove away. My team was then left stranded and died to the circle shortly later. It was super fun, though!

It works best if the initial plane approach is from the NE corner of the map. You jump out immediately and aim for common boat spawns or a car to get you to a boat ASAP. It helps to have a few people with you so one can be on boat guard duty!

and this is how laggy stuff gets for me at times. My speeds are too slow and my ISP too lame to upgrade my area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYKpxYDkFnI

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just got this, seems pretty good. On my second game I was well outside the play area and spent about five minutes desperately running across the map, just making it into the safe zone before running out of health, then immediately got shot in the head. I'm forseeing much of this!

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

AzureSkys posted:

Other than finding a couple on people I killed, I looted my first AR suppressor in the middle map ruins. I then got 2nd place, which is the best I've got and 4 kills. Would've had first if I followed my instinct and shot at the two bushes on the other side rather than worrying about him being prone somewhere else. I knew better. My K/D has increased a good bit, so I'm getting better at spotting folks, positioning myself and actually shooting. Upping the graphics settings helped utilize my GPU more helping it be less blurry with low framerate. Feels like most my deaths are from me losing gun battles I initiate due to my bad aim and/or lag, or poor final circles movement . I managed to survive a landing drop against two ARs and a shotgun with just a 1911, so that was thrilling.

I've been to the starting island a few times. The first time was uneventful and I got decent gear with a Kar. The 2nd was with friends. We took two boats and another two boats showed up. One left immediately. I dropped off my teammate and he killed all but one of the remaining group. I rammed their boat, capsized it and got mine stuck on top. One boat remained a short distance away. I was ahead of the last guy who was staying underwater so I ran ashore, found a SCAR but he got in the boat quicker than I anticipated and drove away. My team was then left stranded and died to the circle shortly later. It was super fun, though!

It works best if the initial plane approach is from the NE corner of the map. You jump out immediately and aim for common boat spawns or a car to get you to a boat ASAP. It helps to have a few people with you so one can be on boat guard duty!

and this is how laggy stuff gets for me at times. My speeds are too slow and my ISP too lame to upgrade my area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYKpxYDkFnI

i had one game where all I had for 5 minutes was a frying pan, bangages, and a pistol, AR, and sniper suppressors.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Stairmaster posted:

this game is....good

In group? Agreed.

Finally gave in and bought the game after oh i don't know, 80% of my steam friends list got it.

e: VV Dude the best games are the awful ones.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
This game is actually awful, just really bad

But for some reason I can't help but keep matching up again after dying