Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh gently caress it I bought it, it's payday on Friday anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh gently caress it I bought it, it's payday on Friday anyway

very proud

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Cyouni posted:

Whoo boy that price shot up in comparison.

Still instabought it.

It's the same price as SC isn't it?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is there a BP analog in 3rd? Priest Points or something?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Red Red Blue posted:

Yeah it is.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Downloading now, I'm so ready for this.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Levantine posted:

Yes, you increase it by being a good and proper priest of the Septian Church. Sadly, there are no ways to increase your PP.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Off to a good start.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm fine with $30. XSeed is working hard to get us these games, they deserve to make a decent profit.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Some Numbers posted:

I'm fine with $30. XSeed is working hard to get us these games, they deserve to make a decent profit.

I hit the buy button without even checking the price. Trails games are all day 1 purchases for me at this point.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Is it x seed or exceed?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Levantine posted:

No and as far as I know there is no missable content outside of the occasional "if you make this choice you get this unique treasure so to get both you gotta do a second playtrough" gotcha. This will be the first Trails game I can play without a guide and not fear missing out on some great hidden sidequest.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Levantine posted:

I hit the buy button without even checking the price. Trails games are all day 1 purchases for me at this point.

Dude, I bought a PS3 so I could day 1 buy Cold Steel and CS2.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just lmao if you aren't triple dipping and getting all 3 versions. It's like you don't want us to get zero or something.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Just lmao if you aren't triple dipping and getting all 3 versions. It's like you don't want us to get zero or something.

Wait, all three? What other version of 3rd is there?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, all three? What other version of 3rd is there?

Steam GOG and Humble.

Also 90 bucks is how much a AAA game costs in Canada anyway so I break even on my budget.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Some Numbers posted:

Dude, I bought a PS3 so I could day 1 buy Cold Steel and CS2.

Same here, my launch PS3 broke like the month before Cold Steel came out so I bought another one to replace it.

Money well spent IMO.

Gonna re-buy them on PC too. :getin:

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Zaggitz posted:

I'm hoping they sort the bundle stuff out sometime soon so I can foist the entire trilogy on my unsuspecting steam friends.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Having a SC save file doesn't do anything unless you got Max Bracer rank, right?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Levantine posted:

Gonna re-buy them on PC too. :getin:

Same.

Undecided how many copies of 3rd I'm going to buy. I bought 5 copies of SC after all.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Having a SC save file doesn't do anything unless you got Max Bracer rank, right?

No there's decreasing rewards per rank

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Justin_Brett posted:

It does! The reward is just a bit less.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Very pretty fmv Sara, good job

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Red Red Blue posted:

Huh, I suppose so. I just don't remember because I called in a favour from a friend and they bought it for me.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Saralene posted:

Yeah, every time I went to upload a new build for GOG or Humble, the power went out. The Buffalo region (and other parts of west NY I think) was getting hit hard with power outages all day yesterday. A serious pain.

Buffalo, NY: actually where Ouroboros has been testing a weather-affecting gospel for the last 100+ years.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Oh, hey it's the Northern Jaegers again. Kinda amusing he brings up North Ambria again after SC.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

oh god curse this canadian internet the download still isnt done.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Zaggitz posted:

oh god curse this canadian internet the download still isnt done.

I believe I think the only thing I can say is "git gud canadian internet". Who are you even with that it's that bad? Mine can't be considered good by any margin, and I finished my download an hour ago (or thereabouts).

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hey where do I go to get at my SC save? The max bp save the poster gave me a few weeks back is in the 200s and 3rd doesnt look past 100. im gonna try and rename it to see if i can get access

edit: well the game updated and now i can, weird.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 3, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

Hey where do I go to get at my SC save? The max bp save the poster gave me a few weeks back is in the 200s and 3rd doesnt look past 100. im gonna try and rename it to see if i can get access

If it doesn't look past 100 I'm going to have problems too since I'm the one that gave you that save.

Great. Probably can just rename it SVDAT##.sav or SVDAT0##.sav (where ## is 01 to 99) Depends on how those are stored and I'm not home so I can't check.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 3, 2017

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

i think its in my post history lemme look

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can post my save when I get off work, if tonight's soon enough.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Behold! THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE!

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

I can post my save when I get off work, if tonight's soon enough.

From what I recall, the rewards aren't so amazingly good that it's worth holding off a few hours for, are they?

Basically I'm hoping my B-rank save (just a few short) is good enough.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

No idea, I'm just trying to be part of the conversation since I'm at work for another 8+ hours and can't play the game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Ok for save imports It's ### So 002 or whatever would work

Directories are located at

Steam: \Steam\userdata\<User ID>\251150\remote\SC
GOG: Users\<Your User Profile>\Saved Games\FALCOM\ED_SORA2

So rename the save to SVDAT005.SAV or whatever and it'll be fine.

fake edit: Or nevermind since it looks like your game updated and stuff is working now

there's some megaupload link on a steam thread if you still need a save I guess. http://steamcommunity.com/app/436670/discussions/0/1327844097109396514/

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
When do you get your transfer bonuses? Because I didn't start with them. Did I do something wrong, or do they come later?

Also, it checked 278 for me.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Once you're in the hermit's garden there's a path with a shiny spot near the pool, that should have the bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
You'll want to place the files in the Saved Games folder path even if you're using Steam in most cases. Editing/adding to the Steam Cloud folder directly is a crapshoot.