Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

80s James Hetfield posted:

MTGStory is up....and boy is it terrible

I'm anxiously waiting for their announcement of their 1v1 MTGO commander ban list. They said it was going to be released today, but I thought all the articles went up at the same time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The sentence, "My fingers wrapped into fists." is a thing in the most recent Magic Story. I guess we finally have confirmation that the writers are 14 year olds that divide their time between writing Naruto fanfiction and Magic Story.

Actually, yknow what, I've read Naruto fanfics that have better writing than this garbage. You can do way better than this WotC.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sampatrick posted:

The sentence, "My fingers wrapped into fists." is a thing in the most recent Magic Story. I guess we finally have confirmation that the writers are 14 year olds that divide their time between writing Naruto fanfiction and Magic Story.

Actually, yknow what, I've read Naruto fanfics that have better writing than this garbage. You can do way better than this WotC.

"Then I punched Bully Billy Bradsworth right in his fat face."

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Finally the Saw/Magic crossover fanfiction we've all been waiting for

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

Remember someone got paid to write this drek.

I think that's the most infuriating part.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

CompeAnansi posted:

I'm anxiously waiting for their announcement of their 1v1 MTGO commander ban list. They said it was going to be released today, but I thought all the articles went up at the same time...

Regular EDH is super terrible but I wish they'd put Pauper or Peasant Commander as an option on MTGO. Those are the only few variations of the format I enjoyed playing a few times

SoftNum posted:

Remember someone got paid to write this drek.

I think that's the most infuriating part.

It's funny if you go to the reddit page of this story anyone who said it's bad gets downvoted heavily .

I can't believe there are people who eat this up and think it's good and go on every negative post just to try and tell them how great the writing is.

80s James Hetfield fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 3, 2017

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
There are people on Reddit saying that this is amazing and possibly one of the best Magic Stories of all time.

I guess we found the Magic Story audience.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Walked posted:

I've played a bunch of MTGO drafts now; and my biggest complaint is that the time allotment seems insufficient for this set. I've won several matches to time (and lost once), whereas I've never run into clock issues in other formats before.

Lol no. People play miserably slow enough already without giving them more time.

If you are running into clock issues on MTGO (that aren't caused by the lovely program crashing) its 100% on you.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Firebatgyro posted:

Lol no. People play miserably slow enough already without giving them more time.

If you are running into clock issues on MTGO (that aren't caused by the lovely program crashing) its 100% on you.

The MTGO clock is probably the most fair thing about magic and honestly something that would be awesome for paper. The only issues that come up from it are the combo loops that take too long in clicks but all those combos are fringe for the most part.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im moving to las vegas, what are the best LGSs in the area?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

gif Probst posted:

im moving to las vegas, what are the best LGSs in the area?

Walk into a LGS there and ask "Has anyone seen efro around?". If you are immediately boo'd out of the store you are at the right spot.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sickening posted:

Walk into a LGS there and ask "Has anyone seen efro around?". If you are immediately boo'd out of the store you are at the right spot.

Look at this fuckin casual dweeb that thinks efro is going to play FNM.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

evilweasel posted:

and I never managed to draw my Gideon's Intervention to stabilize.

How would it stabilize you? It's basically a bad pacifism, right?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

clamiam45 posted:

How would it stabilize you? It's basically a bad pacifism, right?
Also you can't name the drake tokens, and Faith of the Devoted is life loss not damage.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Found the 1v1 mtgo commander ban list: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/1v1-commander-banned-list

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Look at this fuckin casual dweeb that thinks efro is going to play FNM.

He will if the store pays him to, which he has been known to ask for.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

They banned Sol Ring, watch the EDH people lose their poo poo.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cactrot posted:

They banned Sol Ring, watch the EDH people lose their poo poo.
"Sol Ring isn't broken, it just lets you *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Also you can't name the drake tokens, and Faith of the Devoted is life loss not damage.

Whoops, I assumed you could and that was my plan, name "Drake" so that they became nothing but chump blockers. Guess that wasn't going to help!

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

"Sol Ring isn't broken, it just lets you *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*"

"If both players have one, it's fair, right?"

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I'm surprised it isn't just the Duel Commander banlist.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

This looks reasonable. Primeval Titan being banned while Sol Ring, Mana Crypt and Protean Hulk are not always makes me laugh.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

hahaha a true dog poo poo format

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

hahaha a true dog poo poo format

Whats wrong with it besides it being edh?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Speaking of MTGO here's a couple decks I've 3-0 6-0'd with recently:

I cast drake haven turn 3 of R1G1 and felt like i couldn't ever lose. And then proceeded to never even see it again the rest of the draft. The clone was real real good especially when I got to copy the 6/7 hexproof and then give it flying with cartouche. The opponent had to bounce cartouche and then lose 2 creatures to trade, and then i got to flash it back and copy an angler drake for lethal. Mostly I just wanted to clone angler drake because that card is the truth.

Brute Strength + Oketra is pretty broken

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/mtg_lee/status/859813184819011585

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Are Loyal Retainers, Vampiric Tutor, Imperial Seal, and Loyal Retainers not on MTGO or something?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I feel like this is pretty much them taking over commander right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

:allears:

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
How popular is MTGO Commander anyway?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
En Fuego is like the only person on the planet to play online multiplayer EDH so it's no big deal.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The absence of Grim Monolith, Ancient Tomb, Chrome Mox, and Mox Diamond make me uncomfortable w/r/t blowout leads, too.

Oloro is the uncontested best deck by a pretty wide margin.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Whats wrong with it besides it being edh?

I feel like asking this question is dumb to begin with when you already know the answer.

It's a grognard format where people want to achieve "X" and then get all mad and butthurt when you prevent them from doing it by doing "Y".

Also, a huge majority of playerbase have the mindset that their playstyle is good and fair but the second you break up their infinite combo or their 3-4 card synergy you're a dickhead for interrupting that goal and taking way their fun

Anytime I've ever tried to watch an EDH game on YouTube (MTGGoldfish/SCG) it always turn into a boring cry fest where the players are like "Why are you attacking me?!" "Why are you destroying my (thing) but you're leaving his (thing)

Now they just banned a bunch of things for what they consider "oppressive game play" (Sol Ring lol) while ignoring way more dumb and oppressive poo poo like Cyclonic Rift and a bunch of other poo poo that people can name off the top of their head faster than me

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Sickening posted:

I feel like this is pretty much them taking over commander right?
There are now two multiplayer banlists and at least three 1v1 banlists (with two different life totals).

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yeah that's why I asked. I thought I was missing something.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Now they just banned a bunch of things for what they consider "oppressive game play" (Sol Ring lol) while ignoring way more dumb and oppressive poo poo like Cyclonic Rift and a bunch of other poo poo that people can name off the top of their head faster than me

This is a 1v1 focused list, you know.

You know.

Seriously is there a place where I can see what cards aren't on MTGO, I am seriously confused about not banning Vampiric Tutor/Imperial Seal.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Anytime I've ever tried to watch an EDH game on YouTube (MTGGoldfish/SCG) it always turn into a boring cry fest where the players are like "Why are you attacking me?!" "Why are you destroying my (thing) but you're leaving his (thing)
Ahem but I think you'll find that's actually an important part of multiplayer called table politics and furthermore

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

I feel like asking this question is dumb to begin with when you already know the answer.

It's a grognard format where people want to achieve "X" and then get all mad and butthurt when you prevent them from doing it by doing "Y".

Also, a huge majority of playerbase have the mindset that their playstyle is good and fair but the second you break up their infinite combo or their 3-4 card synergy you're a dickhead for interrupting that goal and taking way their fun

Are you just purposefully ignoring the 1v1 aspect or?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Survival is a totally acceptable card and shouldn't be banned. I understand why it is, but it's really fine. I'm excited that I get to play with Nightmare and Birthing Pod, at the very least.

Why is Back to Basics banned while Blood Moon is fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is a 1v1 focused list, you know.

You know.

Seriously is there a place where I can see what cards aren't on MTGO, I am seriously confused about not banning Vampiric Tutor/Imperial Seal.

They're both on MTGO, I've seen them in Vintage lists. I assume that a big part of it is they're both way cheaper online than in paper and tutoring is way less of a hassle with instant shuffling and the ability to see your entire deck at a glance.