Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Dexo take your meds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus Dexo take your meds

lmao

Spoeank posted:

Trubisky could go for 6000 yards with 60 TDs and zero INTs every year for the next 15 years and the Bears win all 15 titles and it would still be a loving stupid trade because there was literally zero reason for the trade to happen.

And I still wouldn't care all the same. Being able to look from the outside in after the fact is a hell of an advantage that the people making the decision didn't have.

If you think Trubisky is the second coming and you think there is even a remote chance of someone taking him before you get a chance to pick you move up 3rds and a 4th be damned.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 3, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's confirmed the 49ers thought the Bears maybe wanted Solomon Thomas, so if three mid-round picks were enough to convince them to let him go, they probably would have been willing to trade down to 12 or wherever and just been fine with Foster, yeah?

Trubisky is probably going to suck and it looks dumb as hell to trade three picks to move up one spot, but people seem to be willingly ignoring the fact that the Bears were protecting themselves from a third party swooping into take Trubisky

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

LabyaMynora posted:

When people bring this up, I have to ask, are we sure that the athletes understand the finer points about their contracts? Is it possible that Glennon thinks he has a 3 year contract with the Bears and therefore will be with the Bears for 3 years?

Sure, we'd all like to believe his agent, who certainly does understand this, would fill him in on poo poo like this, but are we really sure this is happening?

Actually, this is a fair point. It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't aware and all he knew was that it was the best offer out there.

Pace said in his press conference that he didn't make any types of promises or guarantees. I also believe that he really does like Mike Glennon.

Dexo posted:

Though Satere is waaaaay more optimistic about this roster than I am.

You could argue that Jordan Howard had a better season than Ezekiel Elliott last year. He didn't even win the starting job until a quarter if the way through the season and had a higher YPC on the year with an inferior line that knew he was their primary weapon.

Meredith only started 10 games, but had almost 1000 yards.

Zack Miller was a top ten receiving tight end before he got hurt.

On their offensive line, Sitton, Whitehair and Long might be one of the most talented interior lines in football and both guards were hurt for large parts of the year.

On defense, Hicks and Goldman are both promising players on the line. Freeman and Trevaithian were good with flashes of great from Freeman. Floyd looks like he could be a true difference maker on the outside.

Our secondary is hot garbage, big you have three second year players and a couple of free agents to help shore it up.

And we were one of the most injured teams in football.

I'm not saying we were a playoff team, just better than our record indicated. And we were hamstrung by injuries and poor coaching. There are still major question marks, but I was happy to see them address the offensive problems this draft.

Spoeank posted:

Trubisky could go for 6000 yards with 60 TDs and zero INTs every year for the next 15 years and the Bears win all 15 titles and it would still be a loving stupid trade because there was literally zero reason for the trade to happen.

This is without question. But if he does do that, you will hear about how other scouting departments were ready to pounce and that Pace was a genius for playing the draft the way they did. And in the end, if you played the wrong lotto numbers and win the Powerball, who loving cares? Would he really seem that much smarter if he drafted him at three and he busts hard?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lest anyone think I have any faith in the Bears' decision-making process in general, I saw this sick gif

Thought "hey, maybe that small school RB could turn out better than I thought," googled him and immediately found this quote:

quote:

Many players often hope for a long career, but Cohen doesn’t see that in the cards for himself.

“I feel like I want to play at least three years in the league, that’s the average,” Cohen said. “I want to meet the average, get a good name for myself, and then take off in marketing and then do a lot of philanthropy work.”

Good to see they went after a dude who is aiming high and committed to football

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

xbilkis posted:

High football IQ = cashing out after the rookie deal and not getting killed as a 5'7 running back.

Sataere posted:

Actually, this is a fair point. It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't aware and all he knew was that it was the best offer out there.

Pace said in his press conference that he didn't make any types of promises or guarantees. I also believe that he really does like Mike Glennon.

You could argue that Jordan Howard had a better season than Ezekiel Elliott last year. He didn't even win the starting job until a quarter if the way through the season and had a higher YPC on the year with an inferior line that knew he was their primary weapon.

Meredith only started 10 games, but had almost 1000 yards.

Zack Miller was a top ten receiving tight end before he got hurt.

On their offensive line, Sitton, Whitehair and Long might be one of the most talented interior lines in football and both guards were hurt for large parts of the year.

On defense, Hicks and Goldman are both promising players on the line. Freeman and Trevaithian were good with flashes of great from Freeman. Floyd looks like he could be a true difference maker on the outside.

Our secondary is hot garbage, big you have three second year players and a couple of free agents to help shore it up.

And we were one of the most injured teams in football.

I'm not saying we were a playoff team, just better than our record indicated. And we were hamstrung by injuries and poor coaching. There are still major question marks, but I was happy to see them address the offensive problems this draft.

This is without question. But if he does do that, you will hear about how other scouting departments were ready to pounce and that Pace was a genius for playing the draft the way they did. And in the end, if you played the wrong lotto numbers and win the Powerball, who loving cares? Would he really seem that much smarter if he drafted him at three and he busts hard?

I guess, but man do I have zero faith in Dowell Loggains, and John Fox. Fangio is cool though.

And that was the most amazing stuff to read during last year's football season. All the reports "leaked" from scouts and the war room about how man this team was totally gonna draft Dak, but *insert bullshit here* happened and they had to skip over him.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 3, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Lest anyone think I have any faith in the Bears' decision-making process in general, I saw this sick gif

Thought "hey, maybe that small school RB could turn out better than I thought," googled him and immediately found this quote:

Tarik Cohen rules lmao how can you read that and not instantly love him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. The tiny shifty backflipping dude who wants to leverage a short NFL stint into marketing career 100% owns, and I wish him good luck in getting away from the Bears as quickly as possible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

OJ Simpson, San Francisco 49ers

Los Angeles Chargers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

If this actually happened (lol) the trade would be nothing but a footnote

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I was secretly hoping the Packers would get Jamaal but I knew there was no loving chance after they just drafted 3 RBs. C'est la vie.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think if you combine all the Broncos running backs you get 1.5 knees

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears are going to follow that algorithm of next year's wins = 4+.5*last years

so they'll get 5 or 6 wins, Glennon will get hurt, Sanchez will come in and play more games, be bad, and trubs will play out the final meaningless month

then fox and his staff will say there's improvement and they need extensions and this was a developmental year and the bears will take a mediocre player at #8 overall

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
LOL at the bears getting 5-6 wins

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

I guess, but man do I have zero faith in Dowell Loggains, and John Fox. Fangio is cool though.

Fox is fired if he doesn't make the playoffs. I think the Bears are closer to a .500 team last year if Fox isn't their coach.

It still infuriates me that we could've had Gase and Fangio if the Bears hadn't decided to hire a guy with experience at getting fired to compliment their young GM. gently caress, if Gase were here and they'd traded up for Trubisky, I would be a lot more confident that they knew what they were doing.

xbilkis posted:

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. The tiny shifty backflipping dude who wants to leverage a short NFL stint into marketing career 100% owns, and I wish him good luck in getting away from the Bears as quickly as possible

I heard his interview on the radio. He owns hard.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 3, 2017

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Justin Forsett retired. RIP to the generation's most important Twitter avatar.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bob McGinn is retiring and moving back to his home state of Michigan. Another Packer fixture brought back from the dark land.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Bears schedule has their tough games heavily front loaded. So this is a great year to win 5 of their last 8 to finish 6-10. Then they can claim improvement and finishing on a high note, despite not actually improving in any appreciable way. The perfect excuse to keep John Fox as head coach. This is going to happen, and I will be pissed off.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dumb phone double post

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/AnthonyLy49/status/859751630463434754

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
lol, Jed York is incapable of taking any blame.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
And he roots for Notre Dame :barf:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sorry Jeb, dinner is for men only.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

whypick1 posted:

And he roots for Notre Dame :barf:

He's a Notre Dame alumni, which is why I figured they'd draft Kizer second overall.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Los Angeles Chargers.

No, to keep going you're supposed to take a great player who finished their career with some random team. Let me help.

Johnny Unitas, San Diego Charger

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

No, to keep going you're supposed to take a great player who finished their career with some random team. Let me help.

Johnny Unitas, San Diego Charger

Joe Montana, Kansas City Chief. Am I doing it right?

E: also, Tom Brady, Los Angeles Ram :laffo:

Nov 6, 2002

Tom Brady is going to the Texans after this year. It's pretty obvious.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

The Bears schedule has their tough games heavily front loaded. So this is a great year to win 5 of their last 8 to finish 6-10. Then they can claim improvement and finishing on a high note, despite not actually improving in any appreciable way. The perfect excuse to keep John Fox as head coach. This is going to happen, and I will be pissed off.

it's too perfect to not happen

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fenrir posted:

Joe Montana, Kansas City Chief. Am I doing it right?

E: also, Tom Brady, Los Angeles Ram :laffo:

I'll also accept Donovan McNabb, Washington Racial Slur or Wes Welker, St Louis Ram

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Jerry Rice, Seattle Seahawk

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Tom Brady is going to the Texans after this year. It's pretty obvious.

The most famous interaction between Brady and BOB was... Brady basically telling him to go gently caress himself, loudly and repeatedly, on live TV. I'm not sure he wants anything to do with the Texans.

e: Brady is famous for taking rear end chewings from Belichick as an example for the rest of the team, but the second BOB tried to do it Brady acted like some random scrub made a joke about his mom's cancer.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You suddenly realize that Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady, and Daunte Culpepper are all the same age.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SKULL.GIF posted:

You suddenly realize that Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady, and Daunte Culpepper are all the same age.

Brady is old as gently caress and nobody knows when the unlisted PED side effects will finish him off time will finally catch up to him.

He could blow out both knees in training camp because he's stupidly old to be doing this poo poo. He could have 1-2 more good seasons in him. Or he could be an unprecedented eternal curse on the NFL.

:confuoot:

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

The most famous interaction between Brady and BOB was... Brady basically telling him to go gently caress himself, loudly and repeatedly, on live TV. I'm not sure he wants anything to do with the Texans.

e: Brady is famous for taking rear end chewings from Belichick as an example for the rest of the team, but the second BOB tried to do it Brady acted like some random scrub made a joke about his mom's cancer.

He's not going to have a say in it.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I still think he goes to the niners for a year

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He's not going to have a say in it.

He's got a say in when he retires, if it comes to that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tom is going to the Broncos to one up Peyton because god hates me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I really want to see Jim and Jed sit down to a steak dinner served with whole milk now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I still think he goes to the niners for a year

Oh please god no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Grittybeard posted:

I really want to see Jim and Jed sit down to a steak dinner served with whole milk now.

Well done, and slathered in ketchup.

• Locked thread