Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Ugh, got a daily quest today to play 3 AI games. That is sure to be a lot of fun being at level 290

Team league, my droog. Lots of bonus exp and you get credit for all daily quests!

actually it counts for all "play 3 from this universe or that role" quests, not 100% it also counts for AI quests...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

HelixFox posted:

The plan is to switch to a different set of reduced maps, so hope you like having both Blackheart's and Garden in the same 6 map rotation!

Reddit is extremely red and mad about it though so they might change the plan.

Ahahahahahaha

They should just instate a map vote at the start of every match. And the map with the fewest votes win. Vote wisely!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there a way to move the chat from not the loving exact center of the screen? Seriously why on earth is that where it's placed??

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

HelixFox posted:

The plan is to switch to a different set of reduced maps, so hope you like having both Blackheart's and Garden in the same 6 map rotation!

Reddit is extremely red and mad about it though so they might change the plan.

My two favorite maps together in a small rotation? Yes please.

Edit: Unless Hanamura is part of that rotation, then gently caress it.

Martian Buddy posted:

Related to Hanamura, how are TLV on that map? Since just looking at it it seems like their kind of map for TLV brand bullshit but I haven't been able to get on and test it.

Watch this for an idea, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rUQCUaSkI4

PureRok fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 3, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
With Ragnaros sort of being a Firelord even though there's minimal ability overlap, we're down to four hero types from WC3 that aren't in HotS yet, and those are troll shadow hunter (support, Vol'jin), night elf warden (assassin, Maiev), naga sea witch (assassin, probably Vashj as pointed out to me by Kyle) and goblin alchemist (support, no idea).

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

With Ragnaros sort of being a Firelord even though there's minimal ability overlap, we're down to four hero types from WC3 that aren't in HotS yet, and those are troll shadow hunter (support, Vol'jin), night elf warden (assassin, Maiev), naga sea witch (assassin, probably Vashj as pointed out to me by Kyle) and goblin alchemist (support, no idea).

Missing Dreadlord and Pitlord off the top of my head. Kel'Thuzad.

E: Also Zeratul is functionally the same as Maiev with an instant AoE, a slow debuff, and a blink. Still would be cool to get a Warden but she'd need a completely different kit.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 3, 2017

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Gallywix

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I was playing Diablo 2 yesterday and I killed Bishibosh and Rakanishu. After doing so I thought "Huh, I wonder if they could finagle a hero out of either of these dudes." I doubt they'd ever get made, and if they ever did it'd be after characters like Mephisto, Baal, or even maybe Andariel or something.

Basically, I want more heroes based on Diablo (or even Starcraft, but mostly Diablo). Less Warcraft, thanks.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Deckard Cain for support, where one of his buttons identifies random items for you to give to teammates to give them buffs and/or actives. Everybody loves RNG in their game, right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Maiev is never going in because of two reasons: Zeratul's kit and Tyrande's literally Maiev skin.

Same reason Widowmaker will never be added.

Nova's Amazon skin meant that they had to change Cassia's look and excluded her from being a bowazon, so there wouldn't be confusion between the two characters I'd they happened to be in the same match.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm sure they can make Maeiv look different enough from Warden Tyrande. I mean one carries a bow and one carries a huge glaive.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Gul'dan will never be in the game, there is a Gul'dan skin for Azmodan

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I would want all of Gallywix's abilities to be money related. Or maybe work like Abuthur where he stays back commanding troops or something from his Pleasure Palace back near spawn.

Also I still want a swarm of Mantid. Give me the Paragons of the Klaxxi blizz

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Midnightghoul posted:

Gul'dan will never be in the game, there is a Gul'dan skin for Azmodan

That's at least a little different in that Azmodan has 4 legs and is like twice the size of actual Gul'dan. Even at a glance you would never mistake them.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 3, 2017

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Macaluso posted:

I would want all of Gallywix's abilities to be money related. Or maybe work like Abuthur where he stays back commanding troops or something from his Pleasure Palace back near spawn.

Also I still want a swarm of Mantid. Give me the Paragons of the Klaxxi blizz

Again, I just don't think it's feasible to include all of them in a single character. I'd totally be up for Kil'ruk being in Heroes, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bamhand posted:

Missing Dreadlord and Pitlord off the top of my head. Kel'Thuzad.

Gul'dan is sort of bits of both smashed together, but yeah, Kel'Thuzad could be the other bits.

Also they could easily make something different out of the warden kit for Maiev.

e; vv

Paranoid Peanut posted:

We need a priest with shadow form as a trait... multiclass support/assassin.

Yeah, that would be a good way of doing a Priest hero.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 3, 2017

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

We need a priest with shadow form as a trait... multiclass support/assassin.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dreadlord/Varimathras would be a tank, with sleep for CC and maybe vampiric aura as a trait.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
Maiev's WoW model looks totally different to Tyrande's Warden skin. They just need to emphasise the animations for her bigass billowy cloak and her glaives and it'll be a pretty distinctive silhouette.

She'll show up at some point, don't you worry. Sylvanas already got a completely different kit to the WC3 Dark Ranger, so no worries about her sharing abilities with Zeratul, either.

Absolutely Dread Lord is the most pressing missing wc3 hero though.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Do we have a Lich hero? Bouncy Frost ultimate. :getin:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
You (Foolish; grasping at nostalgia): Buhhh, I want more Diablo 2 heroes.

Me (Wise and sagely): Khadgar

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shadowlyger posted:

Again, I just don't think it's feasible to include all of them in a single character. I'd totally be up for Kil'ruk being in Heroes, though.

I dunno how it'd work, I'm sure Blizzard could think of something, but the Mantid really need to be in a swarm as one unit I think. You could single out one of the Klaxxi but I think just thematically you need to have them together.

That being said of course, there are nine of them. You can't realistically have a swarm of nine Mantid roaming around the map and have it work. I think you need to have like 4 or something and have the other fly in and take the place of fallen one maybe? Or have them fly in for an ult? I dunno. I just like the idea of a swarm of Mantid and I feel like they could figure something out to make that work. (just as long as they don't play like The Lost Vikings).

Of course at the end of the day I would absolutely just SETTLE for Kil'ruk cause I loving love the Mantid you guys and even a single one would be fine with me. Then I would also like a Klaxxi voice pack thank you

Semper Fudge posted:

You (Foolish; grasping at nostalgia): Buhhh, I want more Diablo 2 heroes.

Me (Wise and sagely): Khadgar

Khadgar rules and is better than literally every character in Diablo and Starcraft and most of WoW so this checks out.

He should really have an announcer pack where he does dad jokes and puns the whole match

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 3, 2017

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
Wilfred Fizzlebang should be a hero. His trait is being permanently killed at the start of the match and replaced with Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Zaodai posted:

They already gave that to Cassia

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zaodai posted:

Uh, yes? We have the King of Liches as it turns out :smug:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Macaluso posted:

Khadgar rules and is better than literally every character in Diablo and Starcraft and most of WoW so this checks out.

He should really have an announcer pack where he does dad jokes and puns the whole match

He really is such a smug gently caress in the latest expansions for WoW. It's a shame how kind of backhandedly racist he is if you're playing horde. He's not a KKK out-and-out hatemonger kind of racist, more that weird unintentional "you are a credit to your race" kind of deal. There's a quest chain in legion where he defends you to the rest of the Kirin Tor, and through the ENTIRE quest chain on the Horde side, he never addresses you by name, or by class. It's always "your kind", as he, in grandfatherly tone, explains why the Kirin Tor aren't entirely wrong for hating you based on your race.

I mean, it's still funny, it's just odd to see.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

HelixFox posted:

Wilfred Fizzlebang should be a hero. His trait is being permanently killed at the start of the match and replaced with Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion.

That is a weird way of spelling Millhouse Manastorm

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Put Dr Boom in and make sure he's hideously overpowered

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Playing against AI does teach you to be mindful of a few things because they are masters of focus and landing skillshots. If you over commit one iota you die. Ultimately they're predictable and fall apart on certain objectives.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I dislike the AI for one thing that's very easily fixable:

If they evaluate you as a threat they will perpetually rubberband just outside of your range and never actually accomplish anything or stay close enough to soak experience or even go somewhere else and try to do something.

They'll just sit behind the fence all match long, turn around, approach you, go "whoa no", retreat, turn around, approach ...

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

Here's a code if no one else sends one https://battle.net/recruit/CZMSKX7CVP
Don't forget to buy a megabundle BEFORE opening any chests.

edit: And that's a US region code, you don't get a benefit unless the player who gives you a code is on the same region.

Ah- on EU which is lame!

I bought the bundle, cheers for letting me know.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I dislike the AI for one thing that's very easily fixable:

If they evaluate you as a threat they will perpetually rubberband just outside of your range and never actually accomplish anything or stay close enough to soak experience or even go somewhere else and try to do something.

They'll just sit behind the fence all match long, turn around, approach you, go "whoa no", retreat, turn around, approach ...

Granted the opposite of this is the League of Legends ai that will all in you if you're below half health even if they're 4 levels and 2 items behind

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Kitten Baubles posted:

Ah- on EU which is lame!

I bought the bundle, cheers for letting me know.

If you still need one here's mine: https://battle.net/recruit/JZW759BVPW

Hope it works!

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
The only good AI in this game is Uther-bot who is a hero and a hard carry.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
A Chromie bot won a game in HGC last weekend.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

They need to add Wilfred Fizzlebang and at the beginning of every match he gives a big speech summoning a demon, then the demon eats him and is your playable character.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Macaluso posted:

I dunno how it'd work, I'm sure Blizzard could think of something, but the Mantid really need to be in a swarm as one unit I think. You could single out one of the Klaxxi but I think just thematically you need to have them together.

That being said of course, there are nine of them. You can't realistically have a swarm of nine Mantid roaming around the map and have it work. I think you need to have like 4 or something and have the other fly in and take the place of fallen one maybe? Or have them fly in for an ult? I dunno. I just like the idea of a swarm of Mantid and I feel like they could figure something out to make that work. (just as long as they don't play like The Lost Vikings).

Of course at the end of the day I would absolutely just SETTLE for Kil'ruk cause I loving love the Mantid you guys and even a single one would be fine with me. Then I would also like a Klaxxi voice pack thank you

Hell, there's ten of them if you include Malik the Unscathed, and somehow I don't think it'd be reasonable to just drop nine additional bodies into a battle as an Ult. Not unless they were all really tiny, like Army of the Dead and Demonic Invasion, and I just don't think that'd do them justice.

Could maybe go for having like a Dread Wastes map, and the objective is the Paragons coming in to help your team? But then that loses out on having them be playable...

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The 9 extra guys get called in Captain Commando style during the ultimate.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I didn't realize the recruit a friend was a thing, can I still get it if I've already started playing? I think I'm over player level 5, but I'm under 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shadowlyger posted:

Hell, there's ten of them if you include Malik the Unscathed, and somehow I don't think it'd be reasonable to just drop nine additional bodies into a battle as an Ult. Not unless they were all really tiny, like Army of the Dead and Demonic Invasion, and I just don't think that'd do them justice.

Could maybe go for having like a Dread Wastes map, and the objective is the Paragons coming in to help your team? But then that loses out on having them be playable...

Yeah as cool a Dread Wastes map would be and I could think of a million different things you could do with it, I really want to play as the Mantid