Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Nutsngum posted:

Watching AFL360.. is Slobbo ALWAYS this terrible?

He's either an alcoholic or has a degenerative illness or both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Is he back to bragging to Gil about picking up prostitutes in Bali for his birthday?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snaeksikn posted:

i hope gws challenge greene's suspension, lose and he gets rubbed out for the full 3 weeks

Are they saying that Greene went for a spoil? You know, with a left hook instead of a straight punch.

edit: Oh they're having a cry about the umpire telling Greene that he'd gotten off the last couple of weeks and how "IT'S TRIAL BY THE MEDIA" instead of admitting that he's a little grub that would have probably been in prison if he had to function in the real world same as with Taylor Adams.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 1, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

He's either an alcoholic or has a degenerative illness or both

I hadn't watched it in months and flicked it on recently, and he'd definitely gotten noticeably worse

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

I'm not sure of the positives other than money for Fyfe for going to St Kilda:

- Playing in front of smaller crowds
- Training facilities nowhere near as good as Freo's new headquarters
- Less money for coaching etc
- Less financially stable club
- Separation from family and friends

St Kilda are further down the redevelopment path, but getting Fyfe in would probably hinder that as St Kilda would have to give up their first rounders next year to get him.
Far more chance of winning a flag at the Saints than Freo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTh0-pTlpyE/?taken-by=eddiebthe3rd&hl=en

The don't argue, the wrong foot, the dribble :allears:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Shmoses posted:

Far more chance of winning a flag at the Saints than Freo

I would say he's a much better chance of winning one a few years sooner with the Saints

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Never thought Bigfooty could top itself

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/courtenay-dempsey-on-four-corners-about-struggles-post-retirement.1164547

Everyone banging about "oh he played ten years so he should have plenty of money" when Dempsey never once talked about finance on the show. Instead he was talking about the hollowness that post AFL life has where you have lived and trained this lifestyle and in this routine for all of your adult life and then it's just gone completely.

But nope, clearly he's bitter and thought that an AFL career would last forever.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Obviously my experience living in the normal world for 30 years makes e fully qualified to assess people who have lived in the professional sports sphere for the same period of time and judge them for failing to do what I would do, they ought to stop being whinging leaners and become lifters, vote One Nation

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

Never thought Bigfooty could top itself

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/courtenay-dempsey-on-four-corners-about-struggles-post-retirement.1164547

Everyone banging about "oh he played ten years so he should have plenty of money" when Dempsey never once talked about finance on the show. Instead he was talking about the hollowness that post AFL life has where you have lived and trained this lifestyle and in this routine for all of your adult life and then it's just gone completely.

But nope, clearly he's bitter and thought that an AFL career would last forever.

On the topic of bigfooty being terrible, in the thread about our new CEO there were people insinuating that her appointment was purely a political correctness gone mad thing. Thankfully they were in the minority and told to gently caress off but still... it shouldn't, but it still manages to surprise me when people actually voice those opinions.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

On the topic of bigfooty being terrible, in the thread about our new CEO there were people insinuating that her appointment was purely a political correctness gone mad thing. Thankfully they were in the minority and told to gently caress off but still... it shouldn't, but it still manages to surprise me when people actually voice those opinions.

I think you'll find that 100% male appointments are in fact a sign of a high functioning meritocracy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well, indeed. You see, less women than men apply for these positions. Therefore, it stands to reason that if a woman is selected for the position it is simply because she is a woman, regardless of her so-called qualifications. Furthermore :fuckoff:

realbez fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 2, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

realbez posted:

Its pretty typical really. When we signed Peta Searle a few years ago, as a loving development coach, people lost their poo poo about "only getting in because of being a FEMALE" despite a loving long rear end career in football, coaching and school teaching... you know.. 3 things that are probably really good for a development coach to have experience in.

This is why people who dont see the issue that women face in the workplace as being real are blind idiots.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

NTRabbit posted:

Obviously my experience living in the normal world for 30 years makes e fully qualified to assess people who have lived in the professional sports sphere for the same period of time and judge them for failing to do what I would do, they ought to stop being whinging leaners and become lifters, vote One Nation

that sentence is too coherent for a one nation voter

also oliver is equal second in the AFLCA voting :getin:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

Well, indeed. You see, less women than men apply for these positions. Therefore, it stands to reason that if a woman is selected for the position it is simply because she is a woman, regardless of her so-called qualifications. Furthermore :fuckoff:

Yeah, but BigFooty dude. Seriously that place can be a wayback machine for opinions last voiced in the early 1970s.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

Yeah, but BigFooty dude. Seriously that place can be a wayback machine for opinions last voiced thursdays at 8:30pm

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Yeah, but BigFooty dude. Seriously that place can be a wayback machine for opinions last voiced in the early 1970s.

I know, it shouldn't surprise me but it still does.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

You Am I posted:

Bring back lace-ups! Who doesn't want to get their fingers broken going for a simple tackle?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Bring back lace-ups! Who doesn't want to get their fingers broken going for a simple tackle?

In an incredibly Geelong voice "maybe they should correct their technique then"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Most Big Footy posters should be fed head first into a wood chipper.

After me, for being stupid enough to try and argue with them.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Noice.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Lol at Ladbrokes buying sponsored posts on "local footy rumours"

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

racing identity posted:

Lol at Ladbrokes buying sponsored posts on "local footy rumours"

Its likely a referral program so Ladbrokes doubtfully even looks at who is referring them.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-to-enter-12-billion-esports-industry-wants-etihad-stadium-tournament-20170501-gvwixm.html

"The league is keen on running an eSports tournament at Etihad Stadium, which it assumed ownership of last October, and wants AFL clubs to sponsor or create their own eSports teams, as some have with AFL Women's and Super Netball."

Can't wait to boo the Collingwood DOTA team.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

why the gently caress

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Solemn Sloth posted:

1.Dogs
2.Giants
3.Adelaide
4.Sydney
5.Gold Coast
6.West Coast
7.Melbourne
8.St Kilda
----------
9.Geelong
10.Fremantle
11.Hawthorn
12.Richmond
13.Collingwood
14.Port Adelaide
15.Brisbane
16.Essendon
17.North Melbourne
18.Carlton

My updated extremely scientific ladder prediction:

1. Adelaide +2
2. GWS =
3. Dogs -2
4. Port +10
5. Richmond +7
6. Melbourne +1
7. Geelong +2
8. Fremantle +2
-------
9. West Coast -4
10. St Kilda -2
11. Gold Coast -6
12. Collingwood +1
13. North +4
14. Sydney -10
15. Essendon +1
16. Carlton +2
17. Hawthorn -6
18. Lions -3

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Geelong won't finish below Richmond or Port. I reckon it'll be another top four finish and prelim exit for us

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

Geelong won't finish below Richmond or Port. I reckon it'll be another top four finish and prelim exit for us

I think at least Port are ahead of you, although it's worth considering Geelong have 7 games at Kardinia still to come

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

1. Adelaide +2
2. GWS =
3. Dogs -2
4. Port +10
5. Richmond +7
6. Melbourne +1
7. Geelong +2
8. Fremantle +2
-------
9. West Coast -4
10. St Kilda -2
11. Gold Coast -6
12. Collingwood +1
13. North +4
14. Sydney -10
15. Essendon +1
16. Carlton +2
17. Hawthorn -6
18. Lions -3

I still think 10-12th is about right for Freo this year

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Going by my feels (not my numbers, which I've had a bit of trouble with), I reckon you can box in Adelaide and GWS for the four with Geelong, Port and Bulldogs filling out the other two. Richmond somewhere about 5-8.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I just finished doing my first day's placement in a primary school today ... im watching 360 now from last night and Gerard is talking to Robbo just how people talk to the little kids at school. "And have you got a favourite scene from Meet the Fockers?" It surely must be one of Gerard/the crew's joys/fears to wonder what the hell Robbo is going to start blabbering on about to start an episode.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've been doing some number crunching on past match results lately, with the aim of eventually starting a footy stats blog. Came up with this tonight, which I thought yall (and specifically MUYB) would be interested in:

Melbourne are the most likely team to lose a game that they start favourite in, and have lost 48.6% of them since 2010

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

racing identity posted:

I've been doing some number crunching on past match results lately, with the aim of eventually starting a footy stats blog. Came up with this tonight, which I thought yall (and specifically MUYB) would be interested in:

Melbourne are the most likely team to lose a game that they start favourite in, and have lost 48.6% of them since 2010

only 48.6%?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

1. Adelaide +2
2. GWS =
3. Dogs -2
4. Port +10
5. Richmond +7
6. Melbourne +1
7. Geelong +2
8. Fremantle +2
-------
9. West Coast -4
10. St Kilda -2
11. Gold Coast -6
12. Collingwood +1
13. North +4
14. Sydney -10
15. Essendon +1
16. Carlton +2
17. Hawthorn -6
18. Lions -3

Saints 10 places too low imo

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Periphery posted:

Saints 10 places too low imo

So they belong in position zero?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Too good for this league so they are promoted to the South Metro Junior league. Home games return to Moorabbin, although they'll have to wear a clash strip against Ajax.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 3, 2017

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Remember when everyone had doubts about Adelaide being the #1 side in the comp?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Diet Crack posted:

Remember when everyone had doubts about Adelaide being the #1 side in the comp?

I'm a Crows fan who still has doubts but will enjoy it while it lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

I'm a Crows fan who still has doubts but will enjoy it while it lasts.

• Locked thread