Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Krycek posted:

New thread title NFC West: Good defenses, just don't ask the Bears about the 49ners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Depending on how things shake out 2018 (maybe 2017) could be a real competitive season. Things are looking up

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Bears got outsmarted by a Fox Sports B-list announcer

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

quote:

“We felt incredibly blessed because we picked seven times in the first 11 and six of those guys we picked had second round grades or higher,” he said.

Seahawks had the best draft in the NFC West and top 10 in the NFL, not bad considering what they had to work with in the beginning

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It is truly invigorating to see the luminescent draft picks of the Seattle Seahawks. Our leader Pete Carroll, whose unyielding shoulders carry the the boldest dreams of us all, is continuing our journey to eternal greatness and into a scintillating dawn. The craven dogs of the NFC West are envious of the purity and noble hearts of our players, while their own impotent progeny waste away with degeneracy. I weep with elation because the dynasty of the Seahawks will last one hundred thousand years!

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks only picked twice in the 2nd round but picked up SIX 2nd round players

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like this fun way where if you claim someone is a 2nd round grade that makes them a 2nd round player even if they weren't drafted in the 2nd round. We'll just use grades instead of the actual rounds players were picked in from now on, cool!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The efficiency of the Seattle Seahawks is unrivaled in the NFL. Through the power of their unrelenting spirit they have broken the corrupt barriers of the NFL draft. The 12's shall redouble their efforts thanks to the inspiration the Great Coach has provided!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah well I rated all of the niners' picks as first rounders. So nyeah

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
The niners could get every single 1st rd pick of the draft and Yorky boy would still find a way to screw it up

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Krycek posted:

The niners could get every single 1st rd pick of the draft and Yorky boy would still find a way to screw it up

Truth.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Krycek posted:

The niners could literally have the entire roster of the new england patriots and within two years see every good player ruined or gone and have a 2-14 season, entirely due to Jed York. The man is total poison.

But they're my home team, through thick or thin. I'd switch to the raiders but they're leaving. :shrug:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 3, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jed wants to have a sit down with Jim Harbaugh to thank him for what he did and clear the air.

lol gfto bitch boy

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Real men don't sit down

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It is truly invigorating to see the luminescent draft picks of the Seattle Seahawks. Our leader Pete Carroll, whose unyielding shoulders carry the the boldest dreams of us all, is continuing our journey to eternal greatness and into a scintillating dawn. The craven dogs of the NFC West are envious of the purity and noble hearts of our players, while their own impotent progeny waste away with degeneracy. I weep with elation because the dynasty of the Seahawks will last one hundred thousand years!

This but unironically. Hail Satan

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 3, 2017

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hail God Emperor Carroll

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benny the Snake posted:

Hail God Emperor Carroll

The Stone Burner was an inside job!

the cocaine must flow

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Jed wants to have a sit down with Jim Harbaugh to thank him for what he did and clear the air.

lol gfto bitch boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojrvfoJeueg

I mean to be very exceedingly fair to Jed (who is a mess and a waste) with the garbage drafts that Baalke handed us during the Harbaugh years we were going to crash at some point because there was nobody to replace our aging all-stars like Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis or the guys who were going to get bid for the moment they were up for free agency like Mike Iupati. Having said that, firing Harbaugh like he did was a total bitch move and just made things worse because everyone who could get out chose that moment to do so, and everyone else worth a drat followed at the earliest opportunity.

Case in point is Frank Gore. I don't think he would've bailed out for Indy if Harbaugh hadn't left.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 4, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I completely agree with you except that Vernon Davis got real real bad before he left and he's still only 33.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

I completely agree with you except that Vernon Davis got real real bad before he left and he's still only 33.

Vernon Davis died at Kam Chancellor's feet. What we see now is a shambling corpse.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 5, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams claimed some guy named Mike Purcell off waivers from the 49ers

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

nose tackle used to 3-4 schemes, according to rotoworld.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Purcell was a former PS guy who was really good in 2015 preseason and then was just sort of a guy.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
He's a good, quick penetration run stopping guy. As long as that's all you ask of him, he'll be solid.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

That reminds me the cardinals should pick up dan williams if he's not too expensive. Corey peters being the only(?) NT on the team isn't ideal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do the Cardinals even run a traditional 3-4? I was always under the impression they mix and match depending on the players, with an emphasis on position-versatile guys like Honey Badger, Bucannon and now Budda Baker.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
When are the niners going to allow blake bell to shine

Metapod fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 6, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

Do the Cardinals even run a traditional 3-4? I was always under the impression they mix and match depending on the players, with an emphasis on position-versatile guys like Honey Badger, Bucannon and now Budda Baker.

Yeah, probably even moreso now that their talent is mostly at linebacker. It was a little fuzzy with campbell in his prime and dockett making noise about wanting to be unleashed.

The only weird thing is going to be is that the cards have said Reddick is probably going to get snaps at DE this year, so if he's good enough to push his way onto the field for extended playing time then his athletic numbers are good enough to cover any tight end, and they played him at temple basically as a linebacker from the end position. I remember hearing a broadcaster make fun of wade phillips for making von miller, or maybe it was demarcus ware, drop back into coverage every once in a while to keep teams honest but reddick looks like he can actually do it

All that emphasis on speed means they need to be able to control offensive linemen and let tiny guys like bucannon get through, and even then it's a good fundamental like when the 49ers were emphasizing willis

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coldforge posted:

He's a good, quick penetration run stopping guy. As long as that's all you ask of him, he'll be solid.

He's probably just there to backup Brockers at nose tackle. We are pretty hosed for depth if guys start going down and we need to plug guys into a 3-4 scheme they've never played before.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The 49ers should cut Armstead. Useless player.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Gonna get this as a sleeve

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Frank Clark is a giant dumbass.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Frank Clark is a giant dumbass.

Yup

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Frank Clark can say whatever he wants about stupid whiny milennial bloggers on twitter in my opinion and he shouldn't be forced to apologize

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nobody should ever be forced to apologize for anything, because a forced apology is worthless. He's still a dumbass, though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's true

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

Frank Clark can say whatever he wants about stupid whiny milennial bloggers on twitter in my opinion and he shouldn't be forced to apologize

Leperflesh posted:

Nobody should ever be forced to apologize for anything, because a forced apology is worthless. He's still a dumbass, though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I want Frank Clark to rampage through the piece of crap bloggers office like Terry Tate

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You can argue both sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:siren: EDDIE LACY MAYBE NOT FAT ALERT

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/864162764675264513

• Locked thread