Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Garrison was always conspiracy theory-ish, but somewhat restrained. He used to rant about facebook not silencing trolls. He then went hard right for Trump, and just decided to pander to the group that made him Zyklon Ben in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I thought the recent discussion of "Deep State," with regard to the US and probably a lot of other Western countries at least, was more a reference to resistance to extreme and sudden change due to the large size of government agencies and the people with long-term career positions within them. Basically bureaucratic inertia.

Also the sharing of information among those career-types on the Russia-Trump connections before the inauguration to ensure that stuff wouldn't just disappear.

Obviously, people like Garrison have latched onto this and given it a different meaning.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Introducing the characters in Zelda:

Zelda's long suffering dad:

Zelda's gay friends, Tove and Kim:

Zelda's friend, Nova, which she treats like poo poo most of the time:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 13, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

7 :confused:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hillary Clinton posted:

I take absolute personal responsibility. I was the candidate, I was the person who was on the ballot. I am very aware of the challenges, the problems, the shortfalls that we had.

I look forward to Beeler's retraction or one from his editor about six minutes past never.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Oh please, she basically blamed everyone but herself and then threw that in as a footnote.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Hoo boy, here we go... :sigh:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

wait who won the election

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

K Street is the home of Washington lobbyists and advocacy groups, Obama was left handed, Trump plays a lot of golf badly. Hth

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Cheen posted:

wait who won the election

Hillary just gave an interview where she blamed Russia and Comey for her loss. If you watch the interview it's very clear that she doesn't really think she had anything to do with her loss and it's all on Russia and Comey. The cartoon is "a thing happened."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Obama is left handed and trump is too lazy to do anything about the left-leaning budget because he just plays golf all the time. AGC.

Get with the times, Rall. Dones are out, its all about the MOABs now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

seiferguy posted:

Garrison was always conspiracy theory-ish, but somewhat restrained. He used to rant about facebook not silencing trolls. He then went hard right for Trump, and just decided to pander to the group that made him Zyklon Ben in the first place.

As you believe in conspiracies theories you become significantly more likely to believe in more conspiracy theories. They rot your brain.

Johnny Walker posted:

I thought the recent discussion of "Deep State," with regard to the US and probably a lot of other Western countries at least, was more a reference to resistance to extreme and sudden change due to the large size of government agencies and the people with long-term career positions within them. Basically bureaucratic inertia.

Also the sharing of information among those career-types on the Russia-Trump connections before the inauguration to ensure that stuff wouldn't just disappear.

Obviously, people like Garrison have latched onto this and given it a different meaning.

The republicans control the government so they can't blame the government for their incompetence anymore. So instead it's the "deep state" holding them back.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its always going to be something.
If not dems or minorities its immigrants

Then the laws of conservation of energy and matter.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Xenoveritas posted:

Hillary just gave an interview where she blamed Russia and Comey for her loss. If you watch the interview it's very clear that she doesn't really think she had anything to do with her loss and it's all on Russia and Comey. The cartoon is "a thing happened."

You can tell she doesn't take any responsibility in the way she said "I take absolute personal responsibility."

Seriously, listen to her actual comment. She said she was a flawed candidate whose campaign made many mistakes, and yet she was still winning despite those flaws until the Comey letter. These are all factual statements. What more could she have said?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Branco and McCoy blaming the Republicans for stuff they are doing is new

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Cpt.Americant posted:

You can tell she doesn't take any responsibility in the way she said "I take absolute personal responsibility."

Whenever some bigshot rich gently caress ceo/politician says that I always groan inwardly. I dunno it just seems to me that "taking responsibility" for something should mean accepting some actual consequences then. But since when has that ever happened? Taking responsibility my rear end, just plain out pissing in peoples faces when you say things like that.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

His Divine Shadow posted:

I dunno it just seems to me that "taking responsibility" for something should mean accepting some actual consequences then. But since when has that ever happened?

What consequences are you expecting Hillary to accept? She already lost the election.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Capt. Sticl posted:

What consequences are you expecting Hillary to accept? She already lost the election.

Stepping down from politics, suicide bombing one of those wall street gatherings she gets paid to talk at?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
From this moment out, any time a candidate loses an election they also lose a finger. We'll see who is really wanting to serve and try their damnedest then! It's flawless!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
She needs to admit that Bernie would have won

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Whenever some bigshot rich gently caress ceo/politician says that I always groan inwardly. I dunno it just seems to me that "taking responsibility" for something should mean accepting some actual consequences then. But since when has that ever happened? Taking responsibility my rear end, just plain out pissing in peoples faces when you say things like that.

She didn't get to be president.

Should Hillary Clinton be banished for the rest of her days? Wear a hair shirt? Tour the rust belt flagellating herself with a knotted rope? I honestly doubt she'll ever run for office again.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's nothing incorrect that Hillary said in that interview:

1. She takes responsibility for her failings, this could mean a variety of things.
2. Had that Comey letter not come out she probably would have won since her margin of winning was only 80000 voters.
3. We will never know the true influence but Russia definitely played a role in it.

You can argue that she sounds like a sore loser, sure. I guess people just want her to poo poo on herself because reasons.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Wow these must be tough times for Rall, what with the current administration not doing anything worth commentating on

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Begemot posted:

She didn't get to be president.

Should Hillary Clinton be banished for the rest of her days? Wear a hair shirt? Tour the rust belt flagellating herself with a knotted rope? I honestly doubt she'll ever run for office again.

All those sound good to me.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

FishBulb posted:

She needs to admit that Bernie would have won

Not sure if he would. Start following the UK election, where Bernie's soulmate, Jeremy Corbyn, is currently getting utterly kicked because the base likes him better than the party establishment and the voters.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Yup, AGC.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

Not sure if he would. Start following the UK election, where Bernie's soulmate, Jeremy Corbyn, is currently getting utterly kicked because the base likes him better than the party establishment and the voters.

Yeah the American politician which "the base likes him better than the general-election voters" reminds me of most is Bernie Sanders, not anyone else, mmhmm makes sense

Also Labour is eating poo poo because they had no answer for Brexit and nobody knows where they stand on it, not a good analogy to American politics for several reasons

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yep!

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Like if anything she was being really nice by not just straight saying 'Americans loving hate women on average and thus I was doomed from the start'.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Feinne posted:

Like if anything she was being really nice by not just straight saying 'Americans loving hate women on average and thus I was doomed from the start'.

Whoa, there, little snowflake - I like having sex with women. You can't say I hate them.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

All those sound good to me.

Or would you prefer she be marched naked across America while people are encouraged to throw poo poo at her, and a Bernie or Buster shouts shame?

loquacius posted:

Yeah the American politician which "the base likes him better than the general-election voters" reminds me of most is Bernie Sanders, not anyone else, mmhmm makes sense

I'm sure that this has nothing to do with nobody in his career ever having done a negative ad on him. Sure is good Republicans promised to be respectful unlike those Tories.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

idgi does Branco want Republicans to attack the Trump Agenda, or to execute it?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the hot tip is if you're 'taking full responsibility' you'd maybe answer a pathetic softball like 'do you think Russia had anything to do with your loss' with something more self reflective like 'sure that was a factor but I also dropped the ball on really basic campaigning stuff by assuming 'the blue wall' was reliable without even needing to help out'.

You see because that answer not only shows you understand that taking responsibility means accepting blame, but also imparts important advice to the party and makes it clear you actually know why you lost.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Nenonen posted:

idgi does Branco want Republicans to attack the Trump Agenda, or to execute it?

GOP could help Trump's agenda hit its mark, but instead they are too busy shooting themselves in the foot. It is not the best of metaphors.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
You guys realize that Zelda is just Day by Day for lefties.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Fulchrum posted:

Or would you prefer she be marched naked across America while people are encouraged to throw poo poo at her, and a Bernie or Buster shouts shame?

I think anything short of "I suck and you all suck for voting me, you should have all voted Bernie" followed by a bit of literal self-flagellation would fall short.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I AM THE TOILET posted:

That explains why my brain shuts off whenever I see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Without rape and racism, this comparison is meaningless.

• Locked thread