Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Mine records everything in one minute intervals. It goes until the memory is full, then deletes the oldest going​ forward. I have a 128GB card so who knows when that will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
128GB is most likely every 24 hours or so at 720p with most common chipsets.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mine records 1080p, and 32gb is the largest chip it will work with (old G1W), and that is good for just over 4 hours of loop time at 1080p.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

They'll Do It Every Time, a newspaper comic from July, 1940:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Road rage never changes.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

128GB is most likely every 24 hours or so at 720p with most common chipsets.

That's a pretty long time considering that's 24 hours of actual time driving (and parking mode motion sensing)

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
gently caress I just tried my luck at a stale yellow light and lost. Then in my rearview I saw a patrol Explorer turn right. Not sure what he had going on but he let me off big time.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

um excuse me posted:

That's a pretty long time considering that's 24 hours of actual time driving (and parking mode motion sensing)

True that. I have mine on 24/7 though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r3yq6TDwxI

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

I need to invest in a dash cam that won't leave marks on the dash or the windshield. Could regale about what I saw but it was one of those "you just had to be there" moments. It is really a clusterfuck out there.

Get a dash cam with a 1/4"-20 screw mount (which is a standard camera mounting feature) and you can use a clamp that grips your rearview mirror bracket.

In this particular arrangement, it does prevent me from easily putting on mirror placards (I have to take the owe cable out) but it's not like I use them at all.

This is what I used.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/239972-REG/Ultra_Clamp_Assembly

Probably could find something cheaper somewhere else.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This happened today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpEYACpWHA4

quote:

Huge EXPLOSION as driver, 30, is killed as he crashes into an oil tanker driving the WRONG WAY on an interstate
A driver was killed instantly when the truck he was driving crashed into an oil tanker while heading the wrong way down the interstate.
The 30-year-old victim was engulfed in a fireball after the collision on the I-75 outside Dayton, Ohio which forced the closure of the north and southbound carriageways.
A video showed the moment the two vehicles exploded in a giant orange mushroom cloud.

Fortunately, the driver of the tanker, who was carrying thousands of gallons of gasoline, escaped without serious injuries.
The Dayton Police Department confirmed the 30-year-old man was driving the wrong way down the interstate when he crashed into the truck.
According to WHIO-TV, the southbound carriageway will be closed for several days as engineers repair the extensive damage to the road surface caused by the inferno.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Edward IV posted:

Get a dash cam with a 1/4"-20 screw mount (which is a standard camera mounting feature) and you can use a clamp that grips your rearview mirror bracket.

In this particular arrangement, it does prevent me from easily putting on mirror placards (I have to take the owe cable out) but it's not like I use them at all.

This is what I used.

DodTech makes a rear view mirror mount for their cams, too. That's where my LS470W is mounted, although it actually sits down under the mirror rather than behind (in front of?) it, since it has a view screen.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Guy crashes his ~BRAND NEW~ Subaru, expects sympathy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNdicqJqsug

go to around 2:30 to see him try to drifto

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lime Tonics posted:

Justice was served.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

What a tool, wasn't even going that fast.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
physics is a bitch

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Edward IV posted:

This is what I used.

Thanks...How did you handle the cable routing?

Now to contribute...

Granted, there are times I don't perfectly park. Nobody is perfect. This was at a gas station. Off to the right of the picture are the gas pumps so it was hanging out in the lane to the pumps.

It gave me a chuckle.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Maybe the driver's handicap is blindness.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

Thanks...How did you handle the cable routing?

A 10ft USB cable shoved under the edges of the headliner going across to the driver side A-pillar, under the trim down the pillar and under the door jam gasket until the top of the foot well, across the foot well under the dash, and then beneath the center console to a cubby below the head unit which had an access hole into the dash and a cigarette lighter for the power adapter. That last one was a doozy as I didn't take the dash off so I had to fish some plain wire through and then pulled the USB cable through. If I were to do it again, I would use a 15ft cable as the 10ft just barely worked for me. Or a power adapter that taps off of the fuse box.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Forgive the potato quality crop, as I took the picture while stopped and pretty far off, but, uh, just take a look:

This was at a gas station that's just up the hill to the right, and as I was leaving I saw a guy get out of this car and stumble up the hill. I'm pretty sure he was drunk. Yes, the car was parked and not running.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 2, 2017

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Lime Tonics posted:

I figured New Jersey or New York to be a lot worse.

Wyoming one isn't fair because at any given time the state's physical population is doubled with travelers and transient workers for the energy and other industries. In the Summer it is more than doubled. Almost half of everyone killed in Wyoming is from another state. Not as in "our state is so tiny that it is surrounded by other tiny states that are all the size of a couple of counties found in some other states". I mean as in our state is huge, and right in the middle of the country, sopeople have to travel through it to get from place to place.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Protocol7 posted:

Forgive the potato quality crop, as I took the picture while stopped and pretty far off, but, uh, just take a look:

This was at a gas station that's just up the hill to the right, and as I was leaving I saw a guy get out of this car and stumble up the hill. I'm pretty sure he was drunk. Yes, the car was parked and not running.

wtf is it with parking at gas stations?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That'll gently caress up your commute.

https://gfycat.com/DependableParallelBanteng

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

xzzy posted:

News says no injuries, too. pretty amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

xzzy posted:

At least he waited for the green light to cross the intersection.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Lime Tonics posted:

He's taken down his video. Sad!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This weekend I spent a bunch of time outside the city, so I can't remember where exactly I was, but I was east of Pittsburgh on 30W heading back home from Greensburg in my old rustbucket Cherokee. Big vehicle, can't miss it. No traffic surrounding me, a few cars ahead, a few cars behind, nothing major.

Out of the blue as I'm coming up to a red light in the right lane I hear brakes squeal and suddenly there's a blue RHD Skyline GT-R (Probably not a real GT-R, but a rebadge, but who knows) passing me on the left, skidding almost into my front end and just barely missing me in time to get in the lane in front of me, slammed his brakes and changed lanes all the way across the left lane and into the left turn lane to arrive at the red light about the same time as I did.

Immediately the little fat gently caress driving it rolls down his window and starts screaming at me about how I almost wrecked his new car.

I don't even know where he came from. Turned in from a side street? Going fast as gently caress flying up behind me? Either way, if he had actually sideswiped me with his fresh import I would still be laughing uninterrupted for the last four days. I would have had a photo of the accident made into a cake and a poster. Just my old ratty Jeep crushing the gently caress out of a GT-R in the US. Would have been worth whatever new scratches it would have gotten on the bumper.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Things you don't want to see on the Highway.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Things you don't want to see on the Highway.

A Swift truck going either direction

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Sure Wish I'd Finished Training.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

These are the birds you share the track with:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Two birds, one car.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Sure Wish I'd Finished Training.

See What I Fuckup'ed Today.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

iospace posted:

Must be a par 2.

It was a birdie and hole‐in‐one.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

iospace posted:

Reminds me of this old National Lampoon cover.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

PCOS Bill posted:

This weekend I spent a bunch of time outside the city, so I can't remember where exactly I was, but I was east of Pittsburgh on 30W heading back home from Greensburg in my old rustbucket Cherokee. Big vehicle, can't miss it. No traffic surrounding me, a few cars ahead, a few cars behind, nothing major.

Out of the blue as I'm coming up to a red light in the right lane I hear brakes squeal and suddenly there's a blue RHD Skyline GT-R (Probably not a real GT-R, but a rebadge, but who knows) passing me on the left, skidding almost into my front end and just barely missing me in time to get in the lane in front of me, slammed his brakes and changed lanes all the way across the left lane and into the left turn lane to arrive at the red light about the same time as I did.

Immediately the little fat gently caress driving it rolls down his window and starts screaming at me about how I almost wrecked his new car.

I don't even know where he came from. Turned in from a side street? Going fast as gently caress flying up behind me? Either way, if he had actually sideswiped me with his fresh import I would still be laughing uninterrupted for the last four days. I would have had a photo of the accident made into a cake and a poster. Just my old ratty Jeep crushing the gently caress out of a GT-R in the US. Would have been worth whatever new scratches it would have gotten on the bumper.

I foresee many gtrs imported to the US not living past the first month due to people like this being the owners. Eh guess I should pick a few wrecked ones up for parts.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

iospace posted:

Same track, different cars and from 9 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4kGBGzcWo

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
http://jalopnik.com/the-bmw-addiction-that-completely-destroyed-this-man-s-1794882542

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PCOS Bill posted:

You get into more traffic "situations" than most people do in a lifetime, jfc.