Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Did this happen in the 616 universe? If so, I would expect Franklin Richards to show up and kick everyone's asses for bullying his herald.

Yeah, far future.

Well of course until someone makes a new future and retcons that future into being Earth-blahblahinsertnumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Monaghan posted:

I love the lead up to this part because Skull just throws everything he has at magneto and mags more or less just brushes it aside. It's one of the most satisfying beatings in comics.

Can someone link that? Sounds awesome.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Monaghan posted:

I love the lead up to this part because Skull just throws everything he has at magneto and mags more or less just brushes it aside. It's one of the most satisfying beatings in comics.

I didn't think Red Skull was that much of a direct physical threat, even for Captain America, let alone for 1st-to-2nd tier mutant demigod.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, far future.

Well of course until someone makes a new future and retcons that future into being Earth-blahblahinsertnumber

Secret Wars kind of did the opposite of that with the same basic result.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think he exhausted his provisions and was on the verge of an epiphany that Nazism is wrong when Crossbones found him and let him out.

and even then, Crossbones had to hold a psychic at gunpoint and force him to locate the Skull.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dont even fink about it posted:

I didn't think Red Skull was that much of a direct physical threat, even for Captain America, let alone for 1st-to-2nd tier mutant demigod.

For a while, the Skull's body was a cloned copy of Steve Rogers, so he wasn't a total pushover.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

dont even fink about it posted:

When we say throw everything he has at Mag's, it was stuff like Sci-fi ray guns, robots, super powered humans and death gas.
Nothing worked.
It was pretty cool.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Question IRL posted:

When we say throw everything he has at Mag's, it was stuff like Sci-fi ray guns, robots, super powered humans and death gas.
Nothing worked.
It was pretty cool.

Oooooh
Wow
Yeah thats, well.
Surprised magneto didnt atomize him for that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oooooh
Wow
Yeah thats, well.

I bet the Skull made it very clear what he was referring to. He's one of your all-time top-shelf cackling evil badguys.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

drat that only occurred to me now.
It was the Skull using his patented Red Dust hidden inside his cigar thing that makes a person face go red and look skull like.* He blew it at Mag's face and I think he just stops it with a magnetic force field at the last second.

*= Totally original idea. Nobody show this to the Joker.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

The Question IRL posted:

Nobody show this to the Joker.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The "Magneto owns the Red Skull" stuff from Captain America #367 if anyone hasn't found a copy yet.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm really enjoying the idea of the Red Skull and the Joker just hunched over and coughing for a couple of minutes, like they both just swallowed water down the wrong pipe, as the hired muscle stands there awkwardly waiting to see if someone keels over.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Wow. I've seen the first page loads of times, but never that second page with the gas. Which honestly is so hilarious I am shocked it hasn't shown up here before.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

The Question IRL posted:

Wow. I've seen the first page loads of times, but never that second page with the gas. Which honestly is so hilarious I am shocked it hasn't shown up here before.

I love that in the first one you can see the Joker's goons going down.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oooooh
Wow
Yeah thats, well.

"I could kill you now. It would be so easy. But that would make me no better than you. And I am better than you, Nazi.

(...)

I want you to wish I had killed you."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress you Damien.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
drat, I've seen gentler burns in a blast furnace. What's that from?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

drat, I've seen gentler burns in a blast furnace. What's that from?

Thor: God of Thunder

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

gently caress you Damien.

Yeah well why are you wearing a bra on your head?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

To be honest as badass as old Thor vs Galactus is, Thor's really just kind of being a stubborn dick for no reason. Just let him have the planet, who cares.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lurdiak posted:

To be honest as badass as old Thor vs Galactus is, Thor's really just kind of being a stubborn dick for no reason. Just let him have the planet, who cares.

THOR CARES

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Is this before or after he makes a new Steve and Jane for the planet?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It's being a gently caress on both ends because IIRC, when Galactus shows up he says that the Earth being dead means it won't sustain him, but he's going to do it anyway as a final gently caress you to Earthlings for them blocking all of his other attempts to eat the planet.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Mulva posted:

Is this before or after he makes a new Steve and Jane for the planet?

bethor, iirc

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

TwoPair posted:

It's being a gently caress on both ends because IIRC, when Galactus shows up he says that the Earth being dead means it won't sustain him, but he's going to do it anyway as a final gently caress you to Earthlings for them blocking all of his other attempts to eat the planet.

Even Galactus is not above petty spite.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

I simultaneously love and hate you for this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Yeah but I'm saying the Big G has earned it, he puts up with so much poo poo from us.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I seem to remember there being a post somewhere that said it was Galactus's way of cheering Thor up, by giving him one last epic battle at the end of the universe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I seem to remember there being a post somewhere that said it was Galactus's way of cheering Thor up, by giving him one last epic battle at the end of the universe.

I doubt it, Galactus actually has an important role in the cosmos and he wouldn't throw his life away to cheer up some guy he barely knows.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
But would out of spite?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lurdiak posted:

I doubt it, Galactus actually has an important role in the cosmos and he wouldn't throw his life away to cheer up some guy he barely knows.

It's all fun and games until someone goes and grabs a weapon that kills gods.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Shouldn't the sun have expanded and consumed the earth by this time?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Thor moved it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

But would out of spite?

Totally.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reed Richards just has that effect on people

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Retro Futurist posted:

Reed Richards just has that effect on people

I was gonna protest, but...

Yeah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Given the number of times Earthlings have saved Galactus' life, Galactus is the one being a huge dick in this fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Isn't there a comic, maybe Fantastic Four: The End, where Galactus calls the Fantastic Four to him and has set up an elaborate, greatest hits style adventure for them to go on because he's dying and just wants to hang out with his only friends one last time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Dan Didio posted:

Isn't there a comic, maybe Fantastic Four: The End, where Galactus calls the Fantastic Four to him and has set up an elaborate, greatest hits style adventure for them to go on because he's dying and just wants to hang out with his only friends one last time?

Nah, The End is just where Galactus shows up out of nowhere to stop the battle everyone is caught up in. Unless there is a later comic that explains that is what he was doing, it wasn't referenced at all.