Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Hey, if y'all haven't checked the thread where the dude ruins his bathroom floor recently, I suggest you do so again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Patrick Spens posted:

Hey, if y'all haven't checked the thread where the dude ruins his bathroom floor recently, I suggest you do so again.

Did the engineer and contractor look at it, call him a gently caress wit, and then charge him a small fortune to fix his fuckup yet

Or did the inspectors condemn the house

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
FEMALES

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Oh god I was not expecting secret MRA

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Patrick Spens posted:

Link again?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

The new good part starts here.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

bEatmstrJ posted:

There's a good chance I would have not compromised my floor joists knowing what I know now. But the damage has been done and the cost to fix it is essentially the same as it is to continue with my original plan. I may not use my tub much, but I also don't remodel things as a bachelor. My closet was designed with a woman in mind, despite not being married. Likewise, my bathroom is designed with a woman in mind. It will have a powder room that will be completely useless to me, but is the kind of thing a woman would look at and say, OMG I want this. In the same vein, if a woman sees a nice inviting looking bathtub they are going to swoon. And since woman play an unfair role in the home-buying process, a woman who falls in love with my bathroom is going to help me sell my home (someday). You may not like the design, but I assure the finished product will exceed your expectations.

Lol. Too bad it looks like he left and some idiot doxxed him (again)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Is it a doxx? Minifoo just posted a photo OP has on his public website.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hahaha goddamn

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Charles Bukowski posted:

Is it a doxx? Minifoo just posted a photo OP has on his public website.

its still creepy friend. some people aint too savvy it isnt licence to just oh here is this person

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

"I know what will get girls to like me, totally loving up my bathroom!"

There is no way he ever considered doing this remod to increase the value of his home before needing to defend his decisions to the internet.

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS

bEatmstrJ posted:

Apparently you've never bought a house with a wife? Under most circumstances the wife makes the final say on whether or not a couple buys a home. I've heard this from the many real estate agents I've worked with in the past that assure me this is most often the case.

I can imagine him telling future real estate agents how to do their job. "Bathrooms are what sell houses, right? Show them the bathroom first."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gotta say, I was hoping the talk of "rocks" in this thread was him using gravel for flooring.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

exploded mummy posted:

Oh god I was not expecting secret MRA

You weren't? Because given the attitude he started the thread with (cocksure in the face of sound advice, then caving to wisdom once he felt it was his idea) I sure ain't surprised.

Edit: hahahahahhaah

bEatmstrJ posted:

I can handle the wrath of the internet. In between all the naysayers there are some smart people on this forum who certainly know more than I do about many things.

Yet he took his ball and went home the moment Tiny Brontosaurus gave him a proper dressing down and other goons shared why he was wrong without even touching on the :biotruths: issue.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 20:02 on May 3, 2017

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gotta say, I was hoping the talk of "rocks" in this thread was him using gravel for flooring.

He sort of was, just only around the tub. For the convenience of the mold spores.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Yet he took his ball and went home the moment Tiny Brontosaurus gave him a proper dressing down and other goons shared why he was wrong without even touching on the :biotruths: issue.

I really didn't give him a dressing-down, I just wanted to explain why his bathroom design was inconvenient for the way women typically use bathrooms (bad lighting for makeup, bad shower design for leg-shaving, bad tub layout for relaxing). Apparently that was "goony" though. This from the guy doing a mold cultivation experiment in his bathroom. (Literally, for those who haven't read the thread. Wren-P even consulted her science-knowing sister and gave him tips on proper data collection. He was planning to prove that mold spores were a liberal conspiracy or something)

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I really didn't give him a dressing-down,

Honestly, that was probably worse, if you'd been screeching at him he could have brushed it off, calmly explaining what you want from a bathroom and his didn't have it was harder to ignore.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Patrick Spens posted:

Honestly, that was probably worse, if you'd been screeching at him he could have brushed it off, calmly explaining what you want from a bathroom and his didn't have it was harder to ignore.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

yeah, i like you. not like like like but like :justpost: like

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

sneakyfrog posted:

yeah, i like you. not like like like but like :justpost: like

I :justpost: u too

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:swoon:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So is he thinking it's going to look something like this?

Cause that looks sort of cool (I don't like it, but it's not throw up in a hat ugly), but I can't think of anything I'd like less than stepping onto wet rocks when I get out of a tub. Wet rocks are seriously the worst part of going to any river or beach for me....and that includes the time I got dragged out by an rip current when I was 9 and almost drowned.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cause that looks sort of cool (I don't like it, but it's not throw up in a hat ugly), but I can't think of anything I'd like less than stepping onto wet rocks when I get out of a tub. Wet rocks are seriously the worst part of going to any river or beach for me....and that includes the time I got dragged out by an rip current when I was 9 and almost drowned.

oh cool a tub with couches for the viewing party

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

why is there a couch

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

ah yes. white on white on white. that would be ridiculously easy to maintain in the 17th centurysubtext

i mean yeah its baller. but.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is that where they filmed that scene in The Big Short?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm the peep hole from the bedroom into the bath for extra naughtiness.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
For fainting on of course

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Check out the first post for renders of what he was going for. It's absolutely ghastly.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sort of, but with a smaller moat of black rocks. He repeatedly insisted he'd never step on the rocks, so sadly there wouldn't be a fall risk.

Elsa posted:

oh cool a tub with couches for the viewing party
We're lucky his hotel-inspired design aesthetic is ten years out of date or else he'd be installing something like this:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sort of, but with a smaller moat of black rocks. He repeatedly insisted he'd never step on the rocks, so sadly there wouldn't be a fall risk.

We're lucky his hotel-inspired design aesthetic is ten years out of date or else he'd be installing something like this:

too late he has a picture of his bedroom

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm the rug that's centered in the room and not underneath the bed

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
ah yes, i always wanted to spend tens of thousands of dollars to live in a hotel

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

He had other code violations when he did his bathroom too and was called out about it with the same response as this time. The goon that doxxed him the first time (found his linkedin and reported him to the local authority) was the one that called him out on the bedroom bullshit.

My favourite bit was that on his linkedin page he lists himself as a ""Self-taught DIY expert.""

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

ah yes, i always wanted to spend tens of thousands of dollars to live in a hotel

I like it. Please post acceptable bedrooms and bathrooms please. I need reeducated.

E: preferably your own.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the doxxing goon was right to alert the authorities

Last Chance has a new favorite as of 23:51 on May 3, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

exploded mummy posted:

too late he has a picture of his bedroom

It's a perfect combination of living-unfriendly wonkiness and complete lack of personality. Just imagine the fingerprint load on that storage unit-oid thing? Majesty.

The bathroom design reminds me of when my father repainted his bathroom in brick red, with brass hooks/towel bars/fittings, at least one of which was shaped like an eagle. That bathroom, amazing though it is, is still less of an offputting dank man-cave than Beamster's PUSSYWOWER 2000 design.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

I like it. Please post acceptable bedrooms and bathrooms please. I need reeducated.

poo poo-talking design trends sounds like a fun thread for DIY

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Burt Sexual posted:

the reason that style only shows up in hotels or the homes of the megarich with servants is because it looks like utter poo poo if its even a little dirty or messy, and any damage of the sort that is inevitably gonna happen (like scratched off paint on the corners, god theres so many corners) will be extremely noticeable and look like poo poo too

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

poo poo-talking design trends sounds like a fun thread for DIY

With the rule they must post their own, I agree. Link me when you set it up fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

the reason that style only shows up in hotels or the homes of the megarich with servants is because it looks like utter poo poo if its even a little dirty or messy, and any damage of the sort that is inevitably gonna happen (like scratched off paint on the corners, god theres so many corners) will be extremely noticeable and look like poo poo too

I don't want to sleep in the Oval Office? :shrug:

....well let me rethink that after trump tweets about being gay