Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

For the best. I think the only Bills picks I've outright hated were Witner(I wanted Ngata so bad) and Maybin.
Only one of those picks was actually terrible, but I actually liked the Manuel pick, so I'm obviously an idiot.

Last year was the most I ever liked a Bills draft class. Can't say it's really paid dividends so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This begs the question, if forced to choose between a good coach and a good GM, which is the better option?

For you, that's a rhetorical question.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A good coach can put limited players into good positions and get the best out of good players.

Bad GM's get you worse talent and gently caress up your salary cap so over time you lose useful players.

I'd take the bad GM over a bad coach.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If a roster is talented enough it can overcome bad coaching, especially if you find a QB.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cash Monet posted:

If a roster is talented enough it can overcome bad coaching, especially if you find a QB.

The mid 2000s Chargers disagree

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Durandal1707 posted:

In some fairness to Eagles fans, Reid looked completely burned out his final two seasons there and really needed a fresh start without shoulder as much of the personnel responsibility as he did in Philly. Mind you, it's dumb, but I can understand both sides wanting to part ways after how badly the Eagles fell apart in 2012.

I get that, I also saw when Reid got hired every Chiefs forum on the internet (and there are quite a few surprisingly) get absolutely flooded with Eagles fans swooping in to predict Reid would be dogshit in KC and we would hate him.

I think he's going to coach in KC until he retires personally and I'm real happy about that.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/859843218719907840

well poo poo

e: and apparently he's had three concussions.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 3, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oh poo poo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Cash Monet posted:

Worst coach to win a Super Bowl?

John Gruden?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The 49ers would have taken him at three if the Bears took Solomon at 2. Could you imagine that for a first selection of the John Lynch era?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

John Gruden?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nov 6, 2002

I said to *win*.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

well poo poo

Oh San Fran

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

John Gruden?

Cowher.

Fight me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Oh San Fran

At least it's "only" the 31st pick. But yeah, the 49ers are bad enough that taking high risk / high reward players isn't the best idea.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

John Gruden?

Barry Switzer, the coach dumb enough to bring a loaded gun to an airport

Nov 6, 2002

The correct answer: Mike Ditka.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

warcrimes posted:

well poo poo

Serves San Fran right for jumping over New Orleans. :colbert: That should've been our busted first rounder!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I still can't believe Carolina took two running backs and neither of them was Dalvin Cook.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
A few people were upset that the Lions passed over him to pick Davis but man oh man if that story is true I'm glad we went with the safe choice.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Acebuckeye13 posted:

A few people were upset that the Lions Dolphins passed over him to pick Davis Harris but man oh man if that story is true I'm glad we went with the safe choice.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Gruden was good.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

He was and then he wasn't

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine being one of the 4 offensive lineman being assigned to block this guy.

https://twitter.com/SandPSports/status/859100929353818114

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Did anyone actually read the article on Foster, or just the headline? It's just reporting information that was going around pre-draft, there's nothing new in it. The 49ers and presumably the Saints doctors cleared him; some team doctors did not.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Volkerball posted:

He was and then he wasn't

He had quarterbacks and then he didn't. :ms:

2005 Bucs went 11-5 with Chris Simms and Brian Griese as his QBs. In the playoffs they held Mark Brunell to 25 net yards passing AND LOST ANYWAY :laffo:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Did anyone actually read the article on Foster, or just the headline? It's just reporting information that was going around pre-draft, there's nothing new in it. The 49ers and presumably the Saints doctors cleared him; some team doctors did not.

49ers never examined Foster

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The correct answer: Mike Ditka.
Agreed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Blitz7x posted:

49ers never examined Foster

Source please, because everything I read says they cleared him.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

You're right, the 49ers subreddit was wrong. One guy said that during a radio interview, that the 49ers docs never looked him over but I just checked and they had Foster in for a visit

In any case, the Saints certainly looked him over and we're going to draft him anyways

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

a neat cape posted:

The mid 2000s Chargers disagree

AJ Smith had a good run but he went batshit after 07, no?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

History has let us know that the Chargers hit the lottery big in 2001 and had two great drafts in 04 and 05 under AJ. The rest of his tenure was not great. Those drafts built an amazing roster which Norv promptly wasted

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Blitz7x posted:

You're right, the 49ers subreddit was wrong. One guy said that during a radio interview, that the 49ers docs never looked him over but I just checked and they had Foster in for a visit

In any case, the Saints certainly looked him over and we're going to draft him anyways

The Saints wanting to draft a defensive player should be an instant red flag.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Cash Monet posted:

He had three pretty good drafts from 04-06 and he always had a solid eye for UDFA talent - there's Gates of course, but he also found guys like Mike Tolbert, Kassim Osgood, Seji Airotutu and a couple other dudes i'm forgetting who were at least solid contributions for a while. (Osgood wasn't much of a receiver but he was the heart of the special teams unit and his departure was why the Chargers had literally the worst one ever in 2010)

But yeah, he got drunk on his own rep and his drafts were absolute garbage after 06. Weddle and Vasquez were basically the only two players worth a poo poo he brought in for the rest of that decade, which is why the roster started rotting out almost immediately after they got to the AFCCG in 07.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

Cowher.

Fight me.

Cowher just didn't believe in the concept of a franchise quarterback. An idea he learned from Marty. Otherwise, he was a pretty good coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Imagine being one of the 4 offensive lineman being assigned to block this guy.

https://twitter.com/SandPSports/status/859100929353818114

i love poo poo like this

what do you even do as an opposing coach?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll have you know kordell stewart ended up 99 overall with multiple mvp awards with the Raiders in my like madden 01 franchise, so he was definitely a franchise qb. Just mishandled.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Cowher almost won a SB with Neil O'Donnell as his QB.

He was p. good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cowher lost an AFCCG to the Chargers. A feat that's never been done before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

a neat cape posted:

Cowher lost an AFCCG to the Chargers. A feat that's never been done before

And never will be done again to San Diego!

• Locked thread