Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

maltesh posted:

There are only about four weapons that you can never acquire again once you miss your chance or break/lose all the ones that exist in chests or are given to you.

The weapon connoisseur quest doesn't require any of them.

I don't think there are any weapons that don't respawn or can't be repaired.

Blood Moons even respawn the random poo poo buried half in the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I know the exact locations of a few enemies that will always carry a rarely seen weapon.

Specifically there's a Moblin that sits inside Big Z's Bedroom who is always carrying an Edge of Duality.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Do you ever get used to having to press the A button to interact with everything? It feels so weird for the outermost face button to be given such a primary role.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
There's a Moblin with a thunder spear in Akkala. Also, Stalnoxes always have elemental enchanted weapons embedded in them. There's exactly 9 Stalnoxes in the world; one for a sword, greatsword, and spear of each of the three elements.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GreatGreen posted:

Do you ever get used to having to press the A button to interact with everything? It feels so weird for the outermost face button to be given such a primary role.

Sure, most japanese games used circle for acknowledge on the PS1/PS2/PS3, instead of cross. (Cross was cancel instead of circle) And a few of them remained that way for the US release, like Final Fantasy Tactics.

I just can't get over having to have run and jump as B and X. That's dumb. That's super dumb.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I just wish the controller buttons felt different. The GameCube controller remains my favorite to this day because every single button had a distinct shape, so you always knew where your finger was resting. Hell, even the SNES had the good sense to make half of the buttons concave and half of them convex. But all the face buttons on the Wii U controllers feel exactly the same, and while it's by no means a deal breaker, it did mean I accidentally pressed the wrong button a lot more than I'd like to.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Spergatory posted:

I just wish the controller buttons felt different. The GameCube controller remains my favorite to this day because every single button had a distinct shape, so you always knew where your finger was resting.

Preach it my man. God bless.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Spergatory posted:

There's a Moblin with a thunder spear in Akkala. Also, Stalnoxes always have elemental enchanted weapons embedded in them. There's exactly 9 Stalnoxes in the world; one for a sword, greatsword, and spear of each of the three elements.

One's also got a giant boomerang.

I love my dumb giant boomerang so much.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Zore posted:

I don't think there are any weapons that don't respawn or can't be repaired.

Blood Moons even respawn the random poo poo buried half in the ground.

The Forest Dweller's sword only appears in Chests, or as a Quest Item. Once you exhaust all those, you can't get it back, except in the Quest Area, where you don't get to keep it afterwards.

Also, the Mighty Lynel Sword, Bow, and Shield are only dropped by Blue Lynels outside of Hyrule Castle. Once those stop appearing (Because they've been promoted to higher-level Lynels with Savage gear), you can't get them again.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Where are the three chests on the Great Plateau that the DLC option in Settings is talking about? I've checked the Shrine of Resurrection, the Temple of Time, and all 4 shrines and I can't find them.

E: Also, is there any place I can farm stealthfin trout? I've only found one good source for them and apparently fish only respawn from blood moons.

Scratch-O fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 4, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Scratch-O posted:

Where are the three chests on the Great Plateau that the DLC option in Settings is talking about? I've checked the Shrine of Resurrection, the Temple of Time, and all 4 shrines and I can't find them.

E: Also, is there any place I can farm stealthfin trout? I've only found one good source for them and apparently fish only respawn from blood moons.

They're scattered around a bit. One's on top of the wall in the maze area, one's right next to the shrine near the lake and one's on top of the snowy part of the wall on the edge of the Plateau.

Their rewards are ; A Switch T-Shirt, 10 Explosive Arrows and some other minor consumable I forgot.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Zore posted:

They're scattered around a bit. One's on top of the wall in the maze area, one's right next to the shrine near the lake and one's on top of the snowy part of the wall on the edge of the Plateau.

Their rewards are ; A Switch T-Shirt, 10 Explosive Arrows and some other minor consumable I forgot.

Welp, now I'm gonna have to beat Ganon with a Switch T-shirt on. Thanks, though!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope the story DLC has more shrines to pad it out. The dungeons in this game felt so short. Just one dungeon and not much else could make for not much playtime.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Hell, even the SNES had the good sense to make half of the buttons concave and half of them convex.

So true

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Re: Majora's Mask and darker themes. One of my absolute favorite scenes in any video game ever is when you cure the researcher who turned himself into a gibdo and his daughter runs in to hug him and you can't talk to them again unless you exit and come back because Tatl basically tells you you're being a dense simp for trying to interrupt their moment. It's a completely optional thing (I think? I can't recall very well. I don't know if you needed him to get to Stone Tower) that really hammered home that the world is hosed up but you are definitely able to help make things better, at least for a bit

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Version 1.1 of my Android cooking guide app is up!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mezzanine.botwcooking

- Added a "Recipe List" screen! Tap the "list" icon on the main screen
- When making a recipe with a specific effect, show ingredients with that effect first
- Titled individual screens for clarification

As promised, have some more codes!

B8GVRNSLUD5DC05ZS8KHT4L
X3TJFYDE740Q383Q1RAHNGB
DVL594KU45KX483H0ZUMUT1
UBL3DUUMQN3MU9XDUWRB18M
BBBNFWMAR7YF4WZKL1739CP
3KE3WHTLSF1CUC6GR98AE39
E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X
S7BP39SCCNEYWZ3EVEFJ7G1
F6WTX2MQM674QJY53YURUC1
JCCQ6U6W8NYD391GEDL6ZAZ

If you use one, please let me know in the thread - and if you installed before / now, a review would be greatly appreciated!

More updates coming soon...

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 4, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I used the first one.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I used the second code.

I really need to practice more on Lynels. I didn't kill my first one until after I'd beaten the game the first time. Part of it was just because I'd gotten so badly trounced the first few times I tried the Red Lynel, and part of it was because I had a hard time keeping one-handed weapons in stock early on, so learning how to use my shield (and, to be fair, dodging attacks) took a major back seat to toughing things out.

Even after all these years, I still kind of default to Link-to-the-Past mode when fighting enemies.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mezzanine posted:

- When making a recipe with a specific effect, show ingredients with that effect first

B8GVRNSLUD5DC05ZS8KHT4L
X3TJFYDE740Q383Q1RAHNGB
DVL594KU45KX483H0ZUMUT1
UBL3DUUMQN3MU9XDUWRB18M
BBBNFWMAR7YF4WZKL1739CP
3KE3WHTLSF1CUC6GR98AE39
E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X
S7BP39SCCNEYWZ3EVEFJ7G1
F6WTX2MQM674QJY53YURUC1
JCCQ6U6W8NYD391GEDL6ZAZ

If you use one, please let me know in the thread - and if you installed before / now, a review would be greatly appreciated!

F6WTX2MQM674QJY53YURUC1 has been used. You are a prince amongst men!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

maltesh posted:

Even after all these years, I still kind of default to Link-to-the-Past mode when fighting enemies.

Good, locking on is for pussies

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Calaveron posted:

Re: Majora's Mask and darker themes. One of my absolute favorite scenes in any video game ever is when you cure the researcher who turned himself into a gibdo and his daughter runs in to hug him and you can't talk to them again unless you exit and come back because Tatl basically tells you you're being a dense simp for trying to interrupt their moment. It's a completely optional thing (I think? I can't recall very well. I don't know if you needed him to get to Stone Tower) that really hammered home that the world is hosed up but you are definitely able to help make things better, at least for a bit

All the major uses of the song of healing in Majora's Mask are probably the most powerful moments in the whole series.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I finally got max hearts. Never used a guide to find shrines, just wandered around. What a great game.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I accidentally ran into the Giant Horse Zone today so I grabbed him. Nice and settled in the stable in case there is a quest. Also grabbed whitey and did that one too.

Anyway, I was poking round Hyrule Castle and I accidentally ran into Ganon. I'm not gonna miss anything if I manage to give him the business now am I? Still got a beast to go although I've had a preview of that boss now.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mezzanine posted:

BBBNFWMAR7YF4WZKL1739CP

Used this one, thanks!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mezzanine posted:

B8GVRNSLUD5DC05ZS8KHT4L
X3TJFYDE740Q383Q1RAHNGB
DVL594KU45KX483H0ZUMUT1
UBL3DUUMQN3MU9XDUWRB18M
BBBNFWMAR7YF4WZKL1739CP
3KE3WHTLSF1CUC6GR98AE39
E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X
S7BP39SCCNEYWZ3EVEFJ7G1
F6WTX2MQM674QJY53YURUC1
JCCQ6U6W8NYD391GEDL6ZAZ

E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X

I used this one. Thanks, dude!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Mezzanine posted:

Used S7BP39SCCNEYWZ3EVEFJ7G1 👍

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Yes you need to heal him to get to Stone Tower so he's a required part of the game. Still a highlight though.

I think one of my favourite bits is finding Romani Ranch for the first time.

Just by naturally exploring the world you'll find a road leading to the ranch with a goron who says to come back when he's cleared the rock out of the way. If you come back on the third day, you can go in and find everything is a mess, the barn is destroyed, Cremia is upset everything's gone wrong and Romani is dull-eyed and incoherent. Oh and Epona is there too, but you don't know how to get her out. So naturally, you file the ranch in the back of your mind as a place that needs help badly in the first two days.

When you finally get the big rear end bomb to blow up the rock, you'll instantly know what to do, go back there on the first day to blow up the rock and find that everything is peachy, Romani is fine and Cremia thanks you for letting her know the road is open. You talk to Romani about the aliens, do some horseback archery, get Epona's Song and... that's it. You're done. You can totally proceed with the story now. Take your pony and jump the fences leading to the last two areas, you have everything you need from the ranch now and can go beat the rest of the game.

Nobody does that. Everybody who plays the game will want to help save the ranch. Because you already know how it ends if you don't.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Whew, newbie update: as probably my 15th shrine or so, I hit the Scout IV one. (aka A Major Test of Strength). I think this was actually featured pretty heavily in Dunkey's BotW video, so I was slightly prepared, but hot drat. Got him on the third try or so, broke a Golden Claymore, Eightfold Longblade, and (almost broke) a Flameblade in the process, but so worth it... I think there must have also been another big weapon lost in the process. Still, he pays back plenty.

Then I of course proceeded to Eventide and it was amazing.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Have they said what Majora's Mask and Midna's Helmet do in the DLC pack? My guess MM will be blood moon related and Midna's Helm might have a way to get Wolf Link sans amiibo.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Mezzanine posted:

B8GVRNSLUD5DC05ZS8KHT4L
X3TJFYDE740Q383Q1RAHNGB
DVL594KU45KX483H0ZUMUT1
UBL3DUUMQN3MU9XDUWRB18M
BBBNFWMAR7YF4WZKL1739CP
3KE3WHTLSF1CUC6GR98AE39
E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X
S7BP39SCCNEYWZ3EVEFJ7G1
F6WTX2MQM674QJY53YURUC1
JCCQ6U6W8NYD391GEDL6ZAZ

Used JCCQ6U6W8NYD391GEDL6ZAZ

Thank you so much! I was mad as heck when I saw there was no way to do this in-game.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Wow, I got reviews! Thanks everybody!

B8GVRNSLUD5DC05ZS8KHT4L
X3TJFYDE740Q383Q1RAHNGB
DVL594KU45KX483H0ZUMUT1
UBL3DUUMQN3MU9XDUWRB18M
BBBNFWMAR7YF4WZKL1739CP
3KE3WHTLSF1CUC6GR98AE39
E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X
S7BP39SCCNEYWZ3EVEFJ7G1
F6WTX2MQM674QJY53YURUC1
JCCQ6U6W8NYD391GEDL6ZAZ

Still two or three left, if anybody wants them!

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 4, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I used 3KE3WHTLSF1CUC6GR98AE39.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I'm having a lot of fun hunting down the remaining 15 or so shrines I have left, the one in Urlia's grotto was particularly satisfying to find.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I used UBL3DUUMQN3MU9XDUWRB18M

Thanks!!!!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I got impatient and used a guide to mark the last 15 shrines. I swear to God I walked over those locations but the sensor never went off. I think I found 80~90 shrines by myself without goon mentions or guides so I feel somewhat accomplished.

Even with marking the location the entrance to them isn't obvious so it's still an adventure for me

Does the ancient armor set bonus increase durability and/or damage for ancient and/or guardian weapons? Where's a good place to farm guardians? Forgotten Temple?

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 4, 2017

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Ancient Proficiency is 80% damage buff with ancient weapons. No durability buff.

If you mean the guardians that hold those weapons, blood moon resets all the test of strength shrines, so keep track of those for their weapons. If you mean guardian walkers, they are all over Hyrule Castle field and below Lomei Labyrinth.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
So the loading screen keeps telling me that befriending a dog might get me something. I've made a lot of dog friends but have yet to benefit from these relationships (other than having a dog friend). Am I not friending right?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
You're not close enough yet, it seems. Do dogs like raw meat? Maybe that'll take your friendship to the next level.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

yamdankee posted:

If you mean the guardians that hold those weapons, blood moon resets all the test of strength shrines, so keep track of those for their weapons. If you mean guardian walkers, they are all over Hyrule Castle field and below Lomei Labyrinth.

The latter since I plan to just buy stuff from Robbie, though I didn't know the tests reset so maybe I'll farm those too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

lifts cats over head posted:

So the loading screen keeps telling me that befriending a dog might get me something. I've made a lot of dog friends but have yet to benefit from these relationships (other than having a dog friend). Am I not friending right?

You need to feed them meat/fruit.