Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

kaesarsosei posted:

Holy poo poo the Warspite hasn't half been power creeped out of this game. I actually enjoyed it before I quit about 6 months ago and considered it the best T6 BB but I have played about 8 games in it this last few days and every single time its been vs T8 where it has no business. I'd sell it back to them for 500 Doubloons if I could.

Ah, the simple joys of getting double citadeled while bow on because gently caress you. Most of my ships are T5 or 6, so yea, I support -1/+1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.
Let's assume I need trainers for my boat captains...

What are good trainers for the USN , Russians and IJN ?

I was looking at the Atago , Atlanta and Kutuzov ?

I only have the Yubari as IJN Trainer and the Sims and Arkansas Beta for the USN and the Grem for the russians...is there a point to get the mentioned boats as trainers ? Should I just get two ? get all of them ? stop spending money on bad games for idiots ?

Please help ! :psyduck:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

GiantHurtBall posted:

I only have the Yubari as IJN Trainer and the Sims and Arkansas Beta for the USN and the Grem for the russians...is there a point to get the mentioned boats as trainers ? Should I just get two ? get all of them ? stop spending money on bad games for idiots ?

Atago and Kutuzov are great. Maybe a Molotov if you aren't feeling the extra money for a Kutuzov. Don't buy an Atlanta.

If I was in the need for a US trainer, I'd go with a Texas, Arizona or maybe an Alabama if you are feeling really frisky.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

Holy poo poo the Warspite hasn't half been power creeped out of this game. I actually enjoyed it before I quit about 6 months ago and considered it the best T6 BB but I have played about 8 games in it this last few days and every single time its been vs T8 where it has no business. I'd sell it back to them for 500 Doubloons if I could.

Nope, the Warspite still owns. Tight turning, good guns and decent repair.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

GiantHurtBall posted:

Trainers for what exactly? DD? CA? BB?

For DD:
US - Sims, duh.
IJN - ...you're hosed, Fujin/Kamikaze if they ever get sold again but your best bet is the campaign reward Shinonome... or use Atago
Russia - Leningrad is the only choice, Gremy is nice if you have it but Lenin has better earning potential I think

For CA:
US - Indianapolis. Unless you REALLY can pull the Atlanta playstyle down, the Indy is more reliable. Alternatively, earn a Flint and abuse the poo poo out of it.
IJN - Atago, duh.
Russian - Kutuzov, duh. Molotov isn't bad either, but the Kutuzov is broken.

For BB:
US - If you're a moneybags, Missouri. The Alabama or Arizona are fine, with preference to the Alabama (if you're not a mega moneybags or too new to have enough convertible xp to get the Missouri).
IJN - Mutsu, since the ItchySushi just doesn't earn enough to help (and the Mutsu is pretty cool IMO)
Russia - ONLY RUSSIAN BB YOU NEED IS IMPERATOR NIKOLAI, DA? THIS BOAT IS HARD TO DO WELL IN BUT YOU WILL MANAGE. YOU TRAIN WITH BOAT, YOU KILL CAPITALISTS. CYKA BLYAT. But in seriousness, the Kutuzov, because even when Russian BBs happen, the Kutuzov makes so much more money/xp than the Nikolai just from tiering. And everyone knows the only tech tree Russian BB in the game right now is the Moskva.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Atago and Kutuzov are probably the two best T8 cruisers. If you like high tier cruiser play in general you really can't go wrong with either. The Atago is a bit more demanding to play but more fun IMO, while the Kutuzov is straightforward but a bit more passive. The Atlanta is a gimmick ship that can be fun, but it's not very good. If you really want a US crew trainer/premium and don't mind battleships, you really can't go wrong with the Alabama.

You can also consider buying a permanent camo for a regular tech tree ship you like and get half a premium for about half the price, but that doesn't let you train captains.

Ultimately I think it's down to what you like playing.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.
Thanks gunes, looks like I will buy the 'bama and kutuzov ! And then weep in terror that I spend money on this game again ( atleast its not tanks , I guess.)

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

TheFluff posted:

Atago and Kutuzov are probably the two best T8 cruisers. If you like high tier cruiser play in general you really can't go wrong with either. The Atago is a bit more demanding to play but more fun IMO, while the Kutuzov is straightforward but a bit more passive. The Atlanta is a gimmick ship that can be fun, but it's not very good. If you really want a US crew trainer/premium and don't mind battleships, you really can't go wrong with the Alabama.

You can also consider buying a permanent camo for a regular tech tree ship you like and get half a premium for about half the price, but that doesn't let you train captains.

Ultimately I think it's down to what you like playing.

If you don't want to spend the money / hate T8, the Arizona works well also. It's gun are amazingly accurate and make it my second favorite T6 to the Fuso.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Indianapolis is garbage, don't buy it.

Something to keep in mind with the kutuzov is that it absolutely need superintendent.

For IJN I don't know...smokeless short range cruisers are in a tough spot with the proliferation of laser accurate battleships at high tier.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Aramoro posted:

Nope, the Warspite still owns. Tight turning, good guns and decent repair.

Warspite owns in T6 and T7 games. T8 ships will wipe the floor with you, often far outside your own range (excellent concealment means nothing if a DD is shadowing you)

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Krogort posted:

Something to keep in mind with the kutuzov is that it absolutely need superintendent.

For IJN I don't know...smokeless short range cruisers are in a tough spot with the proliferation of laser accurate battleships at high tier.

I run my Kutuzov without superintendent and I do not miss it. It and the Atago are, IMO, not short range cruisers, you want to be at that 12-15km sweet spot where you can dodge poo poo but still hit BBs with every volley and can get hits on jinking DDs.

IFHE, Concealment and Demo expert are the must haves, probably in that order.

I hate the whole "hide in smoke" meta though so you may think otherwise but for me, the Kutuzov should be going flat out from one island to the next raining hellfire on anyone who looks at you funny.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

MadJackMcJack posted:

Warspite owns in T6 and T7 games. T8 ships will wipe the floor with you, often far outside your own range (excellent concealment means nothing if a DD is shadowing you)

That is true of most battleships at tier 6 (save the Fuso's enormous range). Hell a Colorado or Nagato might not escape if a DD decides to shadow you for long enough. In those situations cover is your friend, as are your friendlies.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Saw WARBEASTY playing a T4 CV today, gave him a couple of citadels. Didn't see him say anything funny in the chat.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I have played like 3k games and still not been graced by his presence.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Blindeye posted:

I have played like 3k games and still not been graced by his presence.

I remember when the game was new-ish and I was grinding through the Ibuki like mad. Carrier matchmaking wasn't symmetrical and there weren't a lot of high tier carriers.

So we'd have a Hakuryu vs a Taiho and Essex.

And that Hakuryu was WARBEASTY.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
World of Warships Fitting Tool Update

- Added ship comparison between two selected ships. You can check it out here. Note that you can change configuration and upgrade of individual ships while skills and flags are shared (intended).

- Added stock to stock shortest path ship research tree.

- Bug fixes and whatnot.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Dang Aesis you own~

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Played a carrier for the first time in forever and wow, they made it worse. I could swear I used to be able to change my groups, but I can't do that at tier 4 anymore. They also removed manual aiming for tier 4 and 5. Awesome.

The worst is that your fighters are absolutely destroyed so if you are against a tier 5 carrier, congrats, all your planes are now hosed and on fire and there is nothing you can do about it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I feel like tonight's been weird. Has tonight been weird for anyone else?

They spent the first four minutes bragging about their four radar cruisers then collapsed like a house made of ramen noodles in a rainstorm.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

wdarkk posted:

I remember when the game was new-ish and I was grinding through the Ibuki like mad. Carrier matchmaking wasn't symmetrical and there weren't a lot of high tier carriers.

So we'd have a Hakuryu vs a Taiho and Essex.

And that Hakuryu was WARBEASTY.

That must have been depressing

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

I feel like tonight's been weird. Has tonight been weird for anyone else?

They spent the first four minutes bragging about their four radar cruisers then collapsed like a house made of ramen noodles in a rainstorm.

They had a triple Atlanta division in a tier IX match on one of the more open maps in the game. They effectively only had the Chappy radar and lol if he had the stock hull stock hull Chappy doesn't get radar :ssh: .

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That's a really bad map to get in an Atlanta, the only place you can go for some semblance of long range cover and short range targets is A, which also happens to be the least relevant cap point if you want to actually win

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
If I want to guarantee a nice open map or Two Brothers, I just pick my Atlanta.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

CitizenKain posted:

If I want to guarantee a nice open map or Two Brothers, I just pick my Atlanta.

You forgot to mention carrier free.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Is Open Ocean even in the rotation anymore ? or do I remember them flagging it for only certain tier spreads ?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

MREBoy posted:

Is Open Ocean even in the rotation anymore ? or do I remember them flagging it for only certain tier spreads ?

I think it's a high-tier map now, which makes it even worse because it's like a quarter the size of most tier 10 maps. Enjoy being shot by twelve ships at once.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

MREBoy posted:

It is and it's as loving terrible as ever.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

There is literally nothing redeemable about open ocean.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I hate this game sometimes

fairly sure I could've won it if I hadn't been so retarded

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

TheFluff posted:

I could've won it if I hadn't been so retarded

New thread title?

Also, info from Notser on the Bismarck missions: get a free Bismarck for a relatively easy tier V+ campaign (super easy if you have the Hood). The missions also reward special crates that give you emblems and weird flags like 777% free xp. Get all 24 emblems and you get the battle-damaged bismarck camo. There are duplicate emblems: you trade 4 to "buy" another.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Blindeye posted:

New thread title?

Also, info from Notser on the Bismarck missions: get a free Bismarck for a relatively easy tier V+ campaign (super easy if you have the Hood). The missions also reward special crates that give you emblems and weird flags like 777% free xp. Get all 24 emblems and you get the battle-damaged bismarck camo. There are duplicate emblems: you trade 4 to "buy" another.

That emblem obtaining scheme sounds obnoxious.

I think I'm done with the game for a while, have fun discord friends :glomp:

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Today was better than average. A pulse-pounding down-to-the-wire match in the Kamikaze gave me my third Solo Warrior, followed by a Kraken Unleashed in the North Carolina. :unsmith:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I had a really nice battle in the Bismarck earlier. Some DD completely flubbed his torps at me from his smoke so I chased his out of the smoke and let my secondaries shred him while I gunned down an Ibuki (whose torps I also dodged), then I nuked some errant Pensacola from half health, dick-punched a Colorado who saw me at low health and cockily charged in, only to eat some torps from a DD and a finishing 15k salvo from me, then I finished off the match by ramming their Iowa. 121k damage isn't exactly amazing, but it was just so delightfully :black101:. Sadly I had forgotten to turn Gefore Experience's instant replay thing on.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Nordick posted:

I had a really nice battle in the Bismarck earlier. Some DD completely flubbed his torps at me from his smoke so I chased his out of the smoke and let my secondaries shred him while I gunned down an Ibuki (whose torps I also dodged), then I nuked some errant Pensacola from half health, dick-punched a Colorado who saw me at low health and cockily charged in, only to eat some torps from a DD and a finishing 15k salvo from me, then I finished off the match by ramming their Iowa. 121k damage isn't exactly amazing, but it was just so delightfully :black101:. Sadly I had forgotten to turn Gefore Experience's instant replay thing on.

What is nice about the Bismark is you can just YOLO charge into things and it tends to work. Provided its not a super heavy tier 10 match at least. Match going poorly? Time to dive in on some people and have them panic while letting secondaries go wild until brought down.
Match going well? Do the same!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Blindeye posted:

New thread title?

I think based on my last game the thread title is still appropriate. Game starts, in my Gneis, follow a Fletcher and Edinburgh into a cap. Fletcher dies to an Udolai and the Edinburgh charges in and doesn't use his smoke. I'm not talking like this Edinburgh took a bad hit and got deleted. No, he weaved and survived and still didn't smoke. When he finally succumbed to the combined gunfire of half a dozen ships there I was alone with a Tirpitz in the cap with no cover. The CV was a troll and didn't launch his planes leading to the Fletcher complaining about him all game after he died. I was able to turn around and leave barely alive, but the Tirpitz charged in. I guess I can't blame him for that although he didn't accomplish anything.

At least I was able to run and get some damage in, repeatedly punishing an Atago with citadels and nearly killing him which is hard to do when you have six guns and lovely dispersion.

Good God my team didn't do anything right.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Blindeye posted:

New thread title?

Looking at this campaign, it appears the Hood will be out either with the next patch or before it, so maybe next week.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If it's a "super easy" T5+ campaign, would the Gremy work as well?

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Camo for the Bismarck? Nice. Although there is really no reason to use a Bismarck anymore after the Tirpitz buff.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cippalippus posted:

Camo for the Bismarck? Nice. Although there is really no reason to use a Bismarck anymore after the Tirpitz buff.

Unless you're trying to reach Freddy and the Great Sausage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If it's a "super easy" T5+ campaign, would the Gremy work as well?

I would imagine it is like the science of victory missions that need you to do things in certain ships. Belfast/Gremy can probably do enough missions to get the Bismarck but I would imagine for the super-special skin some BB play is necessary.