Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

obp replaces avg, add slg, add qs

who wins this trade:

pederson + pineda

schwarber + morton

Schwarber side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

obp replaces avg, add slg, add qs

who wins this trade:

pederson + pineda

schwarber + morton

I'd take the Schwarber side.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Made a trade I'm pretty happy about regular ol 5x5 we team league.

Michael Pineda and Chris Owings for
Aledmys Diaz and Danny Duffy

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

rest of season in an obp league: avila or wieters?

avila's hard hit rate and plate discipline have both improved dramatically. has something really changed with him? wieters looks pretty good too and will probably get more pa, though seems more likely to be injured.

Avila isn't concussed anymore and isn't playing catcher as often. The problem is once Cabrera's back Avila won't be manning first base. Then again Victor Martinez might be officially done (or injured) which would mean Avila is back in the lineup.

Avila was once a really good bat, but he was overused like crazy and never recovered from concussions/bad knees. He might actually be a decent DH.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spoeank posted:

who else is on waivers? Hedges is raking

Top 10 on waivers (by Yahoo ranking)

Jett Bandy
Alex Avila
Travis D'Arnaud
Austin Hedges
Rob Chirinos
Austin Romine
Tony Wolters
Miguel Montero
James McCann
Ty Flowers

Standard Yahoo league, OBP not a category.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Felter Chesthard posted:

Made a trade I'm pretty happy about regular ol 5x5 we team league.

Michael Pineda and Chris Owings for
Aledmys Diaz and Danny Duffy

I'd rather have pinada. Seems like a good chance for 20 wins

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

euphronius posted:

I'd rather have pinada. Seems like a good chance for 20 wins

You have clearly never owned Pineda before.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If Pillar is available, I might as well drop Kiermaier for him, right?

EDIT: gently caress it, I did it.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 2, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

OBP league, would I be crazy to drop any of these craptastic OFers for Domingo Santana?

Piscotty
Morales
JBJ
Polanco
Hernan perez

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

OBP league, would I be crazy to drop any of these craptastic OFers for Domingo Santana?

Piscotty
Morales
JBJ
Polanco
Hernan perez

I'd drop Morales for sure.

Too early to give up on Polanco or JBJ yet, IMO.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i would definitely not drop piscotty or jbj or polanco

i know little about morales or perez

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

You have clearly never owned Pineda before.

Lmao I was nust thinking that

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

pineda is like the most jekyll and hyde pitcher there is. he'd be tough to play in h2h, but go wild with him in roto.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Rand alPaul posted:

Avila isn't concussed anymore and isn't playing catcher as often. The problem is once Cabrera's back Avila won't be manning first base. Then again Victor Martinez might be officially done (or injured) which would mean Avila is back in the lineup.

Avila was once a really good bat, but he was overused like crazy and never recovered from concussions/bad knees. He might actually be a decent DH.

small sample, but he has the 11th highest average exit velocity in the majors too. that speaks to, at the very least, your point of him being healthy at long last.

http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#avg-hit-velo,r,2017

i'm buying the gently caress out of avila. a player with c eligibility who in reality plays another position where he'll gobble up 50-60 more pa is a godsend. a player that who has that AND can put up good counting stats in a good lineup AND still put up excellent rate stats? these are the pickups that can make your team.

super low risk, super high reward.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 2, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In hindsight, Miggy Cabs getting hurt may have been a blessing in disguise because it got me to pick up Jedd "eligible for the entire infield" Gyrko to fill in while he was out.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

In hindsight, Miggy Cabs getting hurt may have been a blessing in disguise because it got me to pick up Jedd "eligible for the entire infield" Gyrko to fill in while he was out.

He was maybe the MVP of the end of my season last season too for that same reason. He's super streaky, so infinite positions combined with a hot streak makes for an awesome few weeks.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Which astro would you take

McCann or Giles?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Got Aaron Judge for $5 in the keeper league auction and I could not be happier with him. I don't like the Yankees but it's fun to watch him hit massive home runs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

Got Aaron Judge for $5 in the keeper league auction and I could not be happier with him. I don't like the Yankees but it's fun to watch him hit massive home runs.

I grabbed him as an FA in two leagues. And dropped him in the Goon league for somebody like Nunez. :downs:

My brother is giving me endless poo poo because he insists I sniped him in our league while he was flying back to LA.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fantasy Baseball can be very mean. Play a guy he goes 0/4. Sit him and he goes 3/4 the next day.

:argh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Fantasy Baseball can be very mean. Play a guy he goes 0/4. Sit him and he goes 3/4 the next day.

:argh:

Oh, you have Baez on a team too?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Man, Judge is a monster.

I'm loving this outfield of Judge/Braun/Myers/Haniger/Garcia.

Also Judge/Thames/Brantley.

Free agent moves of the season so far for me:

Judge x 2 out of 5 leagues
Thames x 1
Haniger x 3
Brantley x 1
Leake x 4
Holland x 3
Bundy x 2

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Is there a way to see ownership % over time for players on ESPN and Yahoo?

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.
Aaaaand Kluber and Hamels go on the DL. I may not hit my league's minimum innings this week.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My Kluber/Arrieta/Verlander keeper stable seemed so good in March

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MIL-STL has been postponed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Headley or Josh Harrison in an OBP league?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Stroman :suicide:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I streamed CC against the Blue Jays.

I chose... poorly

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ishin posted:

Stroman :suicide:

This plus Taillon.

EDIT: At least Stroman's night means I can be happy about the outcome of the game IRL though?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Kevin Gausman's 2nd inning ejection his best start of 2017?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Right now I have Harper, Judge, Ozuna and Zimmerman and I'm still in 2nd. Pitching's been really disappointing. Need Verlander, Cueto and Hendricks to get it together, although Verlander did pitch well in his last start. I know Cueto has 4 wins but his ERA is higher than Hunter S. Thompson this season.

Thank goodness for Dylan Bundy, Brandon Kintzler and Mark Melancon.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 4, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
our league's designated "that guy" dropped jose abreu - I have first on the WW, that's a no-duh add right? I'll have to drop moustakas and I don't have a spot for him as such (1Bs in play are Votto, Santana, and Zimmerman). Should I try and trade one of those guys and ride the abreu train? H2H points league...

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.
Anyone know much about Tim Anderson? I'm in a 16 team league, so I hate dropping guys that could/should be good, but he's been riding the bench since week 2 and I see no signs of that turning around and I could really use the roster spot.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm in a league where one guy, for whatever reason just to troll, has taken every SS.

And I still dropped Tim Anderson.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
In a standard 10-team Roto, is Avila worth dropping Evan Gattis to pick up, or worth picking up over Lucroy?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Flimflam Man posted:

Anyone know much about Tim Anderson? I'm in a 16 team league, so I hate dropping guys that could/should be good, but he's been riding the bench since week 2 and I see no signs of that turning around and I could really use the roster spot.

I drafted him at $3 hoping he could be close to last year and wound up dropping him for Cozart. If you need that roster spot for a better player, go right ahead.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

In a standard 10-team Roto, is Avila worth dropping Evan Gattis to pick up, or worth picking up over Lucroy?

I'd stick with Lucroy and use the roster spot on someone who adds more value like a lights out RP

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The White Sox inexplicably shell another one of my pitchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I'm really thinking of benching Grienke tommorow. What do you guys think of benching decent pitchers in Coors? Is this the right move for most pitchers?

• Locked thread