Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's loving blowing my mind that these retards are claiming to support progressive values while literally spiting the poor because they stereotype them all, wrongly, as uneducated racists, and apparently fear enabling a disgusting poor racist so much that they'd rather not help a single working class person at all. Preferring to continue focusing on issues that matter to such a vastly small number of actual human beings that nobody can begin to remotely sympathize with it. And God help anyone who seeks answers from these assholes calling everyone below the poverty line a disgusting bigot, because they just start screaming at people how it's not their job to educate them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Don't worry. They've learned from their mistakes and will drop even more sick negs on their base next time

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
https://youtu.be/rrBxZGWCdgs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hillary has learned from her mistakes and will deliver a crushing victory in 2020, definitely

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Blue Train posted:

Hillary has learned from her mistakes and will deliver a crushing victory in 2020, definitely

It's true: a crushing victory for Trump.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Crushing for mah soul either way.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Interview with one of the book authors

https://www.salon.com/2017/05/02/watch-shattered-co-author-amie-parnes-on-the-many-mistakes-that-doomed-hillary-clintons-campaign/

quote:

In “Shattered,” the first must-read book to emerge from the 2016 presidential election, political reporters Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes provide a detailed autopsy of what their subtitle calls “Hillary Clinton’s doomed campaign.” Their account — drawn from background interviews with numerous people who worked in or around the Clinton campaign — is controversial for many reasons. As they admit in their introduction, Allen and Parnes assumed all along that Clinton would win, and that for all her strategic missteps and messaging problems they were probably chronicling the election of America’s first female president. Only on the night of last Nov. 8, they write, did the full meaning of their reporting become clear.

This inevitably means that “Shattered” reads the shocking election outcome backwards into its narrative, finding signs of doom everywhere. Almost everyone can agree that there were many factors that contributed to Clinton’s defeat: James Comey’s meddling, the apparent Russian hacking of the Democratic Party, an unpredictable opponent who galvanized his followers and a series of strategic and tactical blunders. Through it all Allen and Parnes identify one crucial constant that undermined Clinton’s campaign from beginning to end: the candidate herself. Clinton never seemed sure why she was running for president, and never articulated a grand vision of where she wanted to take the country. She offered reams of policy positions and a promise of competent and compassionate management. In a year when voters hungered for big, systemic changes, that wasn’t enough.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Don't worry, by 2024 the Dems will have it in the bag because all the literally shaking Woke™ 10 year olds will be able to vote for Light Itself: Part Deux, made strong and wise by a healthy diet of the poor. Maybe literally, based on the way law favors corporations atm.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Don't worry, by 2024 the Dems will have it in the bag because all the literally shaking Woke™ 10 year olds will be able to vote for Light Itself: Part Deux, made strong and wise by a healthy diet of the poor. Maybe literally, based on the way law favors corporations atm.

The youth are going to the right wing because the public face of the left in this country is the fuckstain type of person who backed Hillary from the start, and it's not a good loving look at all.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

etalian posted:

Almost everyone can agree that there were many factors that contributed to Clinton’s defeat: James Comey’s meddling, the apparent Russian hacking of the Democratic Party, an unpredictable opponent who galvanized his followers

:bahgawd:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

And I'd have been president, too, if it weren't for that meddling comey!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the worst part about loving over the poor is you give the doing-pretty-good white people who voted for trump (the type i live around in a blue state of all places) cuz they're racist assholes (or are just gently caress you got mine) a free pass.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 4, 2017

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

lmao

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

basic hitler posted:

The youth are going to the right wing because the public face of the left in this country is the fuckstain type of person who backed Hillary from the start, and it's not a good loving look at all.

Yeah this is weird. Like, I'm in my mid-20's and the idea that people younger than me are gonna be to the right of me is just odd. It's not a guarantee but alienation is a hell of a tool to get the results you don't want.

Realistically I don't see most of them being more economically right, but the social backlash to the Church of Wokeness is gonna be a real thing if economic concerns, especially in the Rust Belt, aren't adressed or, worse, actively ignored or ridiculed.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Can someone summarize the Russia and Comey poo poo? As far as I could tell the cries of Russian interference came from some vaguely eastern European hacker leaking lots of DNC emails that were unflattering as gently caress to the party. And the Comey October surprise poo poo seemed weak at best. She was running against Donald Trump so if she were a decent politician it shouldn't have come close to costing her the election, even assuming these factors mattered at all to voters. I haven't kept up with either story but it seems like such obviously over-emphasized BS to me.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Yeah this is weird. Like, I'm in my mid-20's and the idea that people younger than me are gonna be to the right of me is just odd. It's not a guarantee but alienation is a hell of a tool to get the results you don't want.

Realistically I don't see most of them being more economically right, but the social backlash to the Church of Wokeness is gonna be a real thing if economic concerns, especially in the Rust Belt, aren't adressed or, worse, actively ignored or ridiculed.

It's happening right now, and while things do change, lord knows i grew uo in the shadow of 911 and rode a 5-6 year long patriotism high that made me watch bill oreilly and poo poo and i still got a clue eventually, the democrats were not such an overtly malignant tumor on this country back then.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Can someone summarize the Russia and Comey poo poo? As far as I could tell the cries of Russian interference came from some vaguely eastern European hacker leaking lots of DNC emails that were unflattering as gently caress to the party. And the Comey October surprise poo poo seemed weak at best. She was running against Donald Trump so if she were a decent politician it shouldn't have come close to costing her the election, even assuming these factors mattered at all to voters. I haven't kept up with either story but it seems like such obviously over-emphasized BS to me.

You've p much got it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

basic hitler posted:

yeah this, it sure as poo poo isn't 35 year olds making Pepe memes on 4chan

there's some, but right now if you're 17 and you want to be anti-establishment you're tossing around terms like red pilled unironically

like, play a game on steam, count the number of alt-right and Trump avatars you find

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Hillary tried to blame external factors for her complete failure, even though the real cause for not getting elected was herself.

Also in the general she didn't have the same party insiders helping to rat gently caress Bernie and pretty much lost since she underperformed vs Obama due to Trump being able to convert lower income voters.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

She also ignored bills advice and considered it out of date and not applicable

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

etalian posted:

Hillary tried to blame external factors for her complete failure, even though the real cause for not getting elected was herself.

Also in the general she didn't have the same party insiders helping to rat gently caress Bernie and pretty much lost since she underperformed vs Obama due to Trump being able to convert lower income voters.

he didn't even convert that many people, the thing that hosed her in the end was she got less votes than Obama did

people like me just refused to vote for her

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I like how both of the "external" factors (Comey whining about emails, assange dropping dank leaks about primary shennanigans like passing her debate questions) actually involve details about her bad behavior being UNFAIRLY revealed.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I would have won if LEAKERS didn't tell everyone I was a huge rear end in a top hat!!!

*Loses to a guy everyone already knows is a huge rear end in a top hat anyway*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chomp8645 posted:

I would have won if LEAKERS didn't tell everyone I was a huge rear end in a top hat!!!

*Loses to a guy everyone already knows is a huge rear end in a top hat anyway*

The American people respect honesty

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Blue Train posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/ykrnyk.mp4

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

I like how both of the "external" factors (Comey whining about emails, assange dropping dank leaks about primary shennanigans like passing her debate questions) actually involve details about her bad behavior being UNFAIRLY revealed.

Also the reveal how the DNC ratfucked Bernie

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

etalian posted:

Also the reveal how the DNC ratfucked Bernie

And the speeches for banks talking about how you need a public position and then a different private position, and also pledging to pass the tpp and protect wall street while publicly saying the opposite

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

And the speeches for banks talking about how you need a public position and then a different private position, and also pledging to pass the tpp and protect wall street while publicly saying the opposite

I wonder why people have such a low opinion of the bad dems?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

iirc they briefly tried to spin this as a privacy invasion or something

(everyone has private thoughts!1!!1)

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

#shebringspeace. LOL.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

So fuckin gross

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Part of the resistance

I reflexively cringed and formed a fist

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The post-millennials being right-wing is hosed up as hell

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

maskenfreiheit posted:

iirc they briefly tried to spin this as a privacy invasion or something

(everyone has private thoughts!1!!1)

Everyone has private thoughts but by God if you're recorded in a locker room!!

Ps. Was "grab her by the pussy" the locker room comment? I honestly don't remember. I just remember dems being mad as hell about whatever crude private conversation, then get mad at their own leakers and saying that's not fair..

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Accretionist posted:

I told you man, its the new counterculture. Same sex marrage and trans acceptance and poo poo has broken civilization. Just in time for global warming.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

I told you man, its the new counterculture. Same sex marrage and trans acceptance and poo poo has broken civilization. Just in time for global warming.

"I just can't live in this brave new world where men are kissing on other men! I embrace the abyss!"

- Children, apparently.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Chomp8645 posted:

"I just can't live in this brave new world where men are kissing on other men! I embrace the abyss!"

- Children, apparently.

"I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THIS!!!!"

-a 17 year old

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
it's less that they are becoming actual conservatives like some 50's nuclear family and more that they are yelling "NO gently caress YOU DAD" at the top of their lungs

it's just that where we grew up and our dads were conservative guys, they grew up with dads that drink latte and listen to Rage Against the Machine

e- the same thing happened in the 80's which is why Michael J. Fox's character on Family Ties was such an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Accretionist posted:

You sound like some old man upset because them young people don't live/believe the way he does. Just embrace your inevitable fading away.

• Locked thread