Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm sure you can buy the premiums individually after awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Crowetron posted:

I liked Hawkgirl mostly for the fantastic sound effects for smashin' some dudes face with a spiked mace. I also thought she had some good options for getting in and generally decent mobility. Her trait was up there with Cyborg's in terms of uselessness though.

As an aside, this is probably an old question, but do I really have to shell out 100 bucks to play as my fav space cop John Stewart?

Only if you can't wait a couple weeks.

Historically, pre-order DLC has been made available for individual purchase at some point after the game launches. Probably cost $5 or less

vv- MKX single characters are $4.99 on XBONE

The Fool fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 4, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I would be shocked if it's any less than $10, but your point stands.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I psyched myself out because I forgot that NRS basically never does truly exclusive content. Thanks guys.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Zatanna in this game

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Zatanna in this game

Not as a playable character

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Have they announced any other premium skins besides the ones in the pack and the one you get for linking the game version to console? I mean I assume some more will be DLC?

We are getting Power Girl, Reverse Flash, and John Stewart day one right?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

KungFu Grip posted:

Have they announced any other premium skins besides the ones in the pack and the one you get for linking the game version to console? I mean I assume some more will be DLC?

There will certainly be more on the way. Can solve that new character lust people get without having to actually make a new moveset so I imagine they will make mad profit.

I would imagine those 3 would be day one but then again I could also see them being dlc a few weeks/a month later for those who didn't get the ultimate pack.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The only thing I could possibly see being exclusive are the two color schemes. Beyond that I see the Ultimate Edition as a glorified game + season pass.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Is Firestorm in the comics the same two dudes as in the TV show or are they just going with the TV version since it's the most well known?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Is Firestorm in the comics the same two dudes as in the TV show or are they just going with the TV version since it's the most well known?

It looks like it's Jason Rusch driving with Martin Stein in the co-pilot's chair, which is what it was in the comics the last time I looked. He's a college student with a complicated relationship with his dad.

Jax from "Legends of Tomorrow" is based on a relatively obscure supporting character from Firestorm's old book in the '80s. I assume they used him because they needed a character who had more of a relationship with Ronnie Raymond.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

FunkMonkey posted:

The only thing I could possibly see being exclusive are the two color schemes. Beyond that I see the Ultimate Edition as a glorified game + season pass.

For me still worth it plenty because it will be cheaper than buying all the DLC piecemeal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wanderer posted:

It looks like it's Jason Rusch driving with Martin Stein in the co-pilot's chair, which is what it was in the comics the last time I looked. He's a college student with a complicated relationship with his dad.

Jax from "Legends of Tomorrow" is based on a relatively obscure supporting character from Firestorm's old book in the '80s. I assume they used him because they needed a character who had more of a relationship with Ronnie Raymond.

they used him because they didn't want to pay jason rusch's creator for every episode he was in

seriously

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I thought it was because they used Rusch in season 1 and had him say that he was getting out of town.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Blockhouse posted:

they used him because they didn't want to pay jason rusch's creator for every episode he was in

seriously

The dude who played Jax had more personality than the other guy anyway. Legends of Tomorrow was better off with him.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

TwoPair posted:

Oh, I thought it was because they used Rusch in season 1 and had him say that he was getting out of town.

I don't think they ever used the Rusch guy. The first few apearances in Flash, it was Robbie, but then the actor bailed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
he was fired

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
He wasn't fired. They gave him his own show on the network. He's Steven Amell's brother.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Mr. Freeze is in the game but no idea if he's an unlockable skin or a DLC thing.

Watchtower stream tomorrow at 3 CST. Looking likely some DLC poo poo will be talked about.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

Mr. Freeze is in the game but no idea if he's an unlockable skin or a DLC thing.

Watchtower stream tomorrow at 3 CST. Looking likely some DLC poo poo will be talked about.

I think they said that stream was about DLC characters?? I dunno

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

For me still worth it plenty because it will be cheaper than buying all the DLC piecemeal.

My thoughts exactly. Especially with the Prime discount it's a huge savings for me in the long run.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

I think they said that stream was about DLC characters?? I dunno

no idea but there have been a zillion tweets from the devs and Boon lately about DLC stuff being revealed so it's a good bet.

I'm gonna swallow the poison and say Red Hood and Starfire.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

no idea but there have been a zillion tweets from the devs and Boon lately about DLC stuff being revealed so it's a good bet.

I'm gonna swallow the poison and say Red Hood and Starfire.

Please regurgitate the poison and say Booster Gold, Constantine, Batgirl, The Weeper, Sub-Zero, Plastic Man, Jonathan Kent, Wonder Twins, and Hancock.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I would also accept The Bowler, The Shoveller, or the Blue Raja

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I already told you guys it's going to be Rudy, driving a Taxi, which is playing the song from Black Knight 2000.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The obvious groaner would be Red Hood. Both Constantine and Plastic Man seem likely given the level of fanfare they garnered from the comic. I can't think of anyone that would be a dream pick for me that isn't already in there - Atrocitus would have been one. Edit: You really can't say no to Booster Gold, I suppose.

So long as we're using dead characters as premium skins, I'd buy a Guy Gardner skin in a heartbeat, and Artemis for Wonder Woman. Kong Kenan for Supes would be a really out there choice.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 4, 2017

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Excuse me, you're forgetting Kite Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQNqefpYEgk

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Superman's fear gas hallucination won't be Joker, it'll be Alfred.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

WarEternal posted:

Excuse me, you're forgetting Kite Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQNqefpYEgk

Hell Yeah

Edit: Alfred would of course be hilarious, but there are too many B-Money characters as it is.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

Please regurgitate the poison and say Booster Gold, Constantine, Batgirl, The Weeper, Sub-Zero, Plastic Man, Jonathan Kent, Wonder Twins, and Hancock.

actually, the 9 confirmed characters are:

- Rudy, from Funhouse
- Casanova Frankenstein
- Constantine, the Keanu Reeves version
- Drahmin from MK:DA
- Dr. Psycho
- Doomsday from BvS
- Dren, the alien from Splice
- Amygdala
- Rainbow Raider

Premier skin: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (for Dr. Fate)

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

- Constantine, the Keanu Reeves version

Actually, this version of Constantine would be the most appropriate for a fighting game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the more I think about it the more I'm disappointed that Rudy is not going to be in any NRS games unless The Ventriloquist is a character and one of his gear slots lets you put in Rudy over Scarface

(Batman glides in)

"This is no laughing matter"
"HEY BIFF, GO PLAY ON THE STEPS"

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MinibarMatchman posted:

the more I think about it the more I'm disappointed that Rudy is not going to be in any NRS games unless The Ventriloquist is a character and one of his gear slots lets you put in Rudy over Scarface

(Batman glides in)

"This is no laughing matter"
"HEY BIFF, GO PLAY ON THE STEPS"

I just looked up what the gently caress Funhouse and Rudy are and this made me laugh and laugh.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

- Casanova Frankenstein

You joke but I would 100% buy a fighting game with a playable Geoffrey Rush

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crowetron posted:

You joke but I would 100% buy a fighting game with a playable Geoffrey Rush

Casanova Frankenstein would be better suited to an SNK game since his moveset would likely look like Iori Yagami's

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

He wasn't fired. They gave him his own show on the network. He's Steven Amell's brother.

its a pun

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Cousin actually. Also his show was canceled after the first season.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe i'm just weird but with every fighting game I buy, the first thing I do after popping it in for the first time is always "straight to the lab" to try out some moves but with NRS games I usually go straight into the Story Mode. Maybe it's just for extra entertainment but it's also neat to get shifted from one character to the next and getting better with them after each fight, so it's almost like a tutorial at the cinema.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

maybe i'm just weird but with every fighting game I buy, the first thing I do after popping it in for the first time is always "straight to the lab" to try out some moves

How is that weird. That's gonna be almost everyone who cares about playing the game beyond mashing buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Evil Canadian posted:

How is that weird. That's gonna be almost everyone who cares about playing the game beyond mashing buttons.

It's super weird. Most people just want to jump in to the arcade/story mode because that's the entire game to them and multiplayer is just like an extra thing to do if they have friends over/are bored.

• Locked thread