Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

FMguru posted:

That stripper was really into me. Also, that bartender was very sympathetic. And the car salesman worked very hard to make sure I got the best possible deal. He even threw in the undercoating for free! What a guy.

I feel like I really made a connection when I bought my mattress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

HycoCam posted:

It is just a little bit of awesome forum magic. I fell for the trick "as the thread's best poster" in my first few months on SA.

Pay for a 2nd account and click the link if you really want to know which account is definitely a Derek alt.

:golfclap:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

They're switching over their website hosting to AWS.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what is new in the world of star citizen on this glorious morning my friends

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

:ohdear:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They're switching over their website hosting to AWS.

Well I was about to buy heaps of internet space ships after just selling up my share portfolio for phat profits, after hearing how I could make a 400% return on them once the game is out (should be out in a year to 18 months, Chris Roberts is a gaming legion you know).

On well, guess I'll have to just settle for the safety of Bitcoins.

If anyone here has some great investment advice, please let me know. (Am I hearing talk that there could be some Goon Group investing in the Egypt building sector? Go on guys, let me in)

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

I was tricked for a minute, too. I sure am glad I noticed the userid=0 before I said anything
I didn't say anything because I really am Derek, and was hoping no one would notice.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Aw dang, I got my forums account and internal monologue mixed up again.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
AstroPub might be unraveling :ohdear:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/692l6t/cig_missing_the_point_its_not_about_new_player/

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

As I detailed in my latest missive from a page ago, entitled 'derek does this mean the ELE is almost upon us'.... now confirmed

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GhandiSardiner/status/859905051283910656

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
OK guys, self own, sorry if I upset anybody. Bad timing. Move on.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

peter gabriel posted:

Whenever someone does this on the iracing forums it generates a 30 page thread full of confused forumdads getting all :argh: about it and it's glorious

Does iRacing still do the thing where your username is your real life actual name? Because I would like to be assured of my anonymity before I cause a 20-car pileup on turn one

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dooguk posted:

Lol, are you really this new at the internet?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Does iRacing still do the thing where your username is your real life actual name? Because I would like to be assured of my anonymity before I cause a 20-car pileup on turn one

Derek Trickle or Dick Smart are available for driver names.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

trucutru posted:

Lol, are you really this new at the internet?

He said "Move on." :argh:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant believe that they are still using the whole "The more money you give us the more people we can throw into this grinder" excuse. At this point its not the amount of people you have. Its all about the quality and how long you can keep them working. Throwing more bodies into the issue wont fix Star Citizens problems.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/03/chris-roberts-no-pressure-to-make-star-citizen-absolutely-perfect/

:munch:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dooguk posted:

Never let them see you Bensen :)

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Kosumo posted:

Well I was about to buy heaps of internet space ships after just selling up my share portfolio for phat profits, after hearing how I could make a 400% return on them once the game is out (should be out in a year to 18 months, Chris Roberts is a gaming legion you know).

On well, guess I'll have to just settle for the safety of Bitcoins.

If anyone here has some great investment advice, please let me know. (Am I hearing talk that there could be some Goon Group investing in the Egypt building sector? Go on guys, let me in)

London property market.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mr Fronts posted:

I vehemently deny I am Derek Smart.

Furthermore,

<July Blog>

That is all.

I'm not 100% sure I believe you! :v:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Dumb.

This is why you don't post when you're only half awake. Bad enough someone claimed I was wudge.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 4, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:negative:

e: busted ^

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

He said "Move on." :argh:

Sorry, I have already shame-tagged his account

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Crowd sourcing how to run a company.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So let's say we have idiots 1, 2, 3 and 4

Idiot 1 buys in for $100, signs up idiot 2.
Idiot 2 buys in for $100, signs up idiot 3. Idiot 1 gets $15 bonus.
Idiot 3 buys in for $100, signs up idiot 4. Idiot 2 is up $15, idiot 1 is now only up $12.50.
Idiot 4 buys in for $100, has no friends. Idiot 3 is up $15, idiot 2 is up $12.50 and what the gently caress happens to idiot 1? Does he get back a portion of idiot 2's referral bonus since idiot 2 was hosed over by idiot 3? If so, idiot 1 is now up $13.125 because why not, this makes perfect sense

It begins.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Dooguk posted:

The opposite of upset.

I was going to suggest maybe starting a thread in QCS with the link, but that might be over the top.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Whoa! Congrats friend! :hfive:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Foo Diddley posted:

It does yeah but when I joined I just told them my nephew bought me the game for my birthday and I just told them to change my name to something else and they did :v:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Is that CIG art? Looks suspiciously like Warframe stuff.

I think this is a Warframe cat, so technically it's Star Citizen future concept art when they get around to Archering it.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 4, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I thought that astropub guy was an big man babby before , ok well he might still be .... but he actually raises good points and pokes holes in bens post

What I can't understand is the citizens flocking in there to defend Ben simply because 'he is Ben' ... the guy hasn't told a single truth in his position as commander of space shuttles

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

It does yeah but when I joined I just told them my nephew bought me the game for my birthday and I just told them to change my name to something else and they did :v:

That's great and all. Whoop-de-doo. Give us the 2.6.3az alpha-beta-conceirage footage.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

That's great and all. Whoop-de-doo. Give us the 2.6.3az alpha-beta-conceirage footage.

Righty, I'll promise to try this week, no promises though

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

We're not buying rocket cars and moon boots, though we certainly could if we felt the need or the inclination. In fact, we're more about- what's that? Oh that's real cool Chris. Like I was saying we're not buying moon boots,

When you blow the money on WWII furniture, tons of useless motion capture, tons of motion capture hardware, tons of overseas flights, tons of vacations per year to exotic lands and ride boats there... you really, really got to think up something totally outrageous and stupid to make the dumb stuff you really are buying seem logical in comparison.

"Trips to Italy... yeah sure... but a moon boot or clown shoes oh hahaha no no silly person we'd never waste your money on silly stuff like that! Haha! Did you hear this guy? Moon boots and space rocket cars! Oh haha.. ouch! Caught myself on the rivet of this WWII fight airplane wing desk!"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

When you blow the money on WWII furniture, tons of useless motion capture, tons of motion capture hardware, tons of overseas flights, tons of vacations per year to exotic lands and ride boats there... you really, really got to think up something totally outrageous and stupid to make the dumb stuff you really are buying seem logical in comparison.

"Trips to Italy... yeah sure... but a moon boot or clown shoes oh hahaha no no silly person we'd never waste your money on silly stuff like that! Haha! Did you hear this guy? Moon boots and space rocket cars! Oh haha.. ouch! Caught myself on the rivet of this WWII fight airplane wing desk!"

If they have to say anything other than ' the game will be done in xxx months' there is obviously a problem

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Righty, I'll promise to try this week, no promises though

That's a Chris promise :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard