Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Also his huge love for Kenneth Brannagh is in part due to his Shakespeare movies (he did Hamlet, Henry V, Much Ado, Love's Labours, and As You Like It), because they are much closer to actual Shakespeare in tone and dialogue than older films from the 60s, and also because he always hires Brian Blessed to play the roles of large shouting gentlemen .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

Cowcaster posted:

one of the mailboxes for my new apartment building is labeled r. evans

For confirmation, check inside for diabetes medicine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Weirdo posted:

Also his huge love for Kenneth Brannagh is in part due to his Shakespeare movies (he did Hamlet, Henry V, Much Ado, Love's Labours, and As You Like It), because they are much closer to actual Shakespeare in tone and dialogue than older films from the 60s, and also because he always hires Brian Blessed to play the roles of large shouting gentlemen .

He did the unthinkable and made Brian Blessed intimidating in Henry V. He's a big guy but he's always hamming it up that it is hard to take him seriously, but his role as Exeter is brilliant. He's trying to be diplomatic, and he's holding back his usually boisterous behaviour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHihAPr2Rc

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

He did the unthinkable and made Brian Blessed intimidating in Henry V. He's a big guy but he's always hamming it up that it is hard to take him seriously, but his role as Exeter is brilliant. He's trying to be diplomatic, and he's holding back his usually boisterous behaviour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHihAPr2Rc

I didn't think that today I'd go into the RLM thread and have the urge to rewatch Henry V. I had forgotten it had Bilbo aka Ian Holm in it and Christian Bale was the luggage kid.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Mike pushed over the wheel to distract Rich from spreading his wings and becoming a Hollywood sensation. Well played Mr Stoklasa. Keep the fat man occupied with busywork.

I give it two weeks before the Plinketto board has an "accident".

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Space Taxi posted:

Mike pushed over the wheel to distract Rich from spreading his wings and becoming a Hollywood sensation. Well played Mr Stoklasa. Keep the fat man occupied with busywork.

I give it two weeks before the Plinketto board has an "accident".

What Ever Happened to Mike Stoklasa, starring Bruce Campbell as an elderly Mike

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Think I'm getting bored of RLM because they don't make free entertainment quick enough. Now I'm being ghosted by my friends simulator.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Remember that magical time when you first discovered RLM and you binged through a seemingly endless supply of content. Then one day you caught up and realised, these assholes hardy release anything. Then you become a true RLM fan: miserable, frustrated and lonely, waiting for your fake friends to acknowledge you once more with a new stupid superhero review.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Space Taxi posted:

Remember that magical time when you first discovered RLM and you binged through a seemingly endless supply of content. Then one day you caught up and realised, these assholes hardy release anything. Then you become a true RLM fan: miserable, frustrated and lonely, waiting for your fake friends to acknowledge you once more with a new stupid superhero review.

I've only been watching for like a year and if jay isn't sexy enough I don't watch the video.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Taxi posted:

this is real and true

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I have added every single RLM video into a playlist along with AVGN, JonTron (gasp), Jaboody dubs, honest trailers, Robot Chicken, Vsauce, and some other channels. So whenever I get bored I just put that playlist on random and have instant free entertainment.

I think its tacky to complain about this endless trash content.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

a bone to pick posted:

and some other channels

Which channels? I want my trash to be endless.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Honest trailers are the most basic obvious poo poo jokes executed poorly.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Space Taxi posted:

No, because I've been a fan so long I actually remember when they released their first Half in the Bag.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

parallelodad posted:

CinemaSins are the most basic obvious poo poo jokes executed poorly.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i like epic rap battles of history and idgaf who knows it

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

parallelodad posted:

Honest trailers are the most basic obvious poo poo jokes executed poorly.

I cannot trust someone named honest trailers by name alone.
It oozes a smug sense of "our opinion represents EVERYONE" and I'm sure they're not bright enough to back that up

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like Earthling Cinema very much.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

I want to scold you but damnit you won't care

Endless Trash fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 4, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Space Taxi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXqyLPbcQvo&t=1s

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FrensaGeran posted:

I want to scold you but damnit you won't care

go ahead. own urself!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Space Taxi posted:

Which channels? I want my trash to be endless.

Man at arms who makes fictional weapons come to life:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUUGFk1wE5OFOpfPz3ggXQrCSdQdFEslx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogheZdAO18

then I got H3h3 and random animations from Cyriak, animation domination, etc.

yeah same lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

go ahead. own urself!!

something something nerd minstrel show something something gently caress HAMILTON blah blah AIIDDDSSSSSS

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
More like Epic Crap Battles of Shitstory. Did I do this right?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

priznat posted:

I like Earthling Cinema very much.

Earthling Cinema and ThugNotes are both very smart wrapped up in gimmicks.

I wish they just did an RLM thing where they didn't ham it up.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Earthling Cinema and ThugNotes are both very smart wrapped up in gimmicks.

The regular Wisecrack videos with Jared doing VO are often pretty good too.

Also what happened to nerdwriter, seems like his output has really tailed off.

I like Nostalgia Chick too. Need to watch her new michael bay transformers vids even though I haven't watched the movies.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the only youtube person I would make fun of you for watching is the nostalgia critic, that guy is embarassing

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Rich Evans is a walking gimmick.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

:eyepop:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
e: nvm

vermin fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 4, 2017

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a bone to pick posted:

the only youtube person I would make fun of you for watching is the nostalgia critic, that guy is embarassing

Add Spoony.

Not only is his quantity of his output dropped to zero, the quality is slightly below V-log where he talks about poo poo no one cares about for too long. The last thing of note was a Reb Brown movie review a year ago and even that was low effort. The last anything was November.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
everyone who was ever involved with tgwtg should just stop and never show their face again. yes, even cinema snob.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The only Youtube anything that i pay any attention to, apart from RLM and maybe Comicbookgirl19, is Game Grumps. They funny but Arin seems like he'd be a douche in real life. Just an irritating person. Dan seems pleasant, though.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i like benet the sage

he talked about the digimon movie....it even had jokes

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Space Taxi posted:

Rich Evans is a walking gimmick.

That's a lie and you know it.

Rich can't walk anywhere.

naem
May 29, 2011

Rich is a national treasure

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Irradiation posted:

That's a lie and you know it.

Rich can't walk anywhere.

Wonder where all the Patreon money goes?

Clever editing and practical effects give Rich Evans the illusion of having the use of his legs like he doesn't have crippling diabetes. Most of the time he's on a platform they wheel around the studio or he's sitting on a chair but all you can see is his head on top of an animatronic Rich Evans puppet body. Sometimes it's pulleys and strings other times it's body doubles, but no effort is wasted when it all comes together on the big screen.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vermin posted:

Wonder where all the Patreon money goes?

Clever editing and practical effects give Rich Evans the illusion of having the use of his legs like he doesn't have crippling diabetes. Most of the time he's on a platform they wheel around the studio or he's sitting on a chair but all you can see is his head on top of an animatronic Rich Evans puppet body. Sometimes it's pulleys and strings other times it's body doubles, but no effort is wasted when it all comes together on the big screen.

you can actually see the smoke in some episodes from Rich's animatronics

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Well better that than some horrible CG that will become dated looking in 2-3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
In the latter RLM videos, Rich is a full size muppet containing two dwarf puppeteers. One controls the head and arms, the other, legs and moobs.

• Locked thread