Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
timbs gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
wait, what?

oh my gawd!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

why Q2

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

year over year?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

lol wired headphones

i can't remember the last time i even used any headphones

lol don't u have a house

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

echinopsis posted:

i can't remember the last time i even used any headphones

lol don't u have a house

sometimes I leave it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
wow, only 52 billion dollars in revenue, what a terrible quarter :jerking off motions:

ms does half that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

huh, weird, it's like a time echo

i could have sworn i just heard jim balsillie strutting around a boardroom table in 2007

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

infernal machines posted:

year over year?

also apple's fiscal year starts in october so q1 ended in december, not march

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i always love how their pithy hobby project revenue is a mindbending astronomical sum to most other companies

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
my 69 year old mom (nice) is waiting to upgrade for the special 10 year iphone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rex-Goliath posted:

i always love how their pithy hobby project revenue is a mindbending astronomical sum to most other companies

i always also love how too

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

thank you for always loving how

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i don't think how is right for me any more

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
maybe you love how but are not in love with how

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

mishaq posted:

actually the sales fell because the iphone 7 is too big and lacks a headphone jack

and then once the se came out they got the correct and best iphone

the fake home button feels real weird too. i dunno why, the force touch trackpads feel fine.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"Sales of the Apple Watch have nearly doubled year over year, CEO Tim Cook announced on the company’s earnings call today. So far, Apple has refused to give out exact sales numbers for the Apple Watch, as it does for its iPhone and iPad, and has instead bundled the wearable device into its “other devices” category that includes Beats products, AirPods, Apple TV, and accessory sales."

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"Sales of the Apple Watch have nearly doubled year over year, CEO Tim Cook announced on the company’s earnings call today. So far, Apple has refused to give out exact sales numbers for the Apple Watch, as it does for its iPhone and iPad, and has instead bundled the wearable device into its “other devices” category that includes Beats products, AirPods, Apple TV, and accessory sales."

i love this loving emoji

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

watch timb use the increased revenue but decreased unit sales to justify some crap like making the base model iPhone 7S/8 only have 16GB storage again to entice more people to buy the higher end one and push up the average sale price.

also, maybe now that the iPhone is starting to get osborne'ed by all the product leaks, timb will actually take secrecy seriously again

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
ive been using my iphone SE a lot more (ibooks, podcasts, music.app through bluetooth headphones), and now i usually only get about 72 hours of battery life between charges instead of closer to 96 :-/

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

duTrieux. posted:

add in people who are anticipating a price drop on existing models and you get a more sizable sample size

there are 400,000 other autists out there holding on to their headphone jack having 6s/6splus like me.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i take the crappy estimates as an indication that no good ipads pros are coming out at wwdc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poty posted:

ipads pros
iPads Pro

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i love my 9 inch pro

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Hey guys, I've never posted in YOSPOS before, but I wanted to drop in and say I just bought an SE as a back-up while I send my 7 in for repairs and it owns. Can see myself using it as my main phone. So good.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Hey guys, I've never posted in YOSPOS before, but I wanted to drop in and say I just bought an SE as a back-up while I send my 7 in for repairs and it owns. Can see myself using it as my main phone. So good.

hell yeah brother, welcome to the se club

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

also because of your av text me, etc

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
iwatch sales have doubled from 1 to 2

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ive actually seen boatloads in real life

in sunny christchurch

but onto other matters.. WHY the gently caress is illustrator such a bithc when it comes to colours

there are about 4 million places where you can have colour swatches or libraries and they all seem inconsisent and incompatible.

if i want to make a new swatch.. i can't enter a hex value, i have to manually enter values
the ordinary colour picker can't be used to make a swatch
there are colour themes
there is a library with colours
there is the top left thing that picsk colours
and then the colour picker thing

if i open the colour picker I dont seem to be able to eye dropper pickup, and if I create a cool colour i can't make it into a swatch

pram
Jun 10, 2001
creative clown

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

but onto other matters.. WHY the gently caress is illustrator such a bithc when it comes to colours

because adobe is bad at software

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Qualcomm vs. Apple licensing squabble had already gotten messy with lawsuits flying in both directions, but a report by Bloomberg says things could go to the next level soon. That's because according to sources, Qualcomm plans to ask the ITC to block Apple from importing its phones from where they're built in Asia to the US, ahead of new devices that we're anticipating in the fall. We don't know if it could be successful, although Qualcomm holds a number of patents in the space and Apple stopped making payments while the dispute is ongoing.

Qualcomm has cut its revenue outlook by $500 million because of the anticipated lack of licensing fees, so this is no small matter. It claims its patented technology is crucial to the iPhone even as it's being manufactured by someone else, while Apple disagrees. We don't know if there's any chance the ITC will side with Qualcomm and actually ban any devices, but the threat puts billions of dollars in iPhone sales at risk.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Fabricated posted:

iwatch sales have doubled from 1 to 2

apple shares fell severely at the news that Apple Watch growth has plummeted from infinity precent to 100%

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

there are about 4 million places where you can have colour swatches or libraries and they all seem inconsisent and incompatible.

if i want to make a new swatch.. i can't enter a hex value, i have to manually enter values
the ordinary colour picker can't be used to make a swatch
there are colour themes
there is a library with colours
there is the top left thing that picsk colours
and then the colour picker thing

if i open the colour picker I dont seem to be able to eye dropper pickup, and if I create a cool colour i can't make it into a swatch

you can drag a color onto the swatch pallette and it will make a new swatch that color can be from any of the fill/stroke square things or even an object on the screen

also select "show options" in the color pallette

also, idk, get a book or something? lynda.com?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

my barber has an eyewatch and she rules so yeah

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

C.H.O.M.E posted:

there are 400,000 other autists out there holding on to their headphone jack having 6s/6splus like me.

5s supremacy

i really really really hope they update the se

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

duTrieux. posted:

5s supremacy

i really really really hope they update the se

tbh you could sell a fuckload of se2s by just updating that front camera

people love their selifes

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

if anything they need to up the contrast/brightness on the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

you can drag a color onto the swatch pallette and it will make a new swatch that color can be from any of the fill/stroke square things or even an object on the screen

also select "show options" in the color pallette

also, idk, get a book or something? lynda.com?

hmmmmmm intriguing ideas. thanks

• Locked thread