Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can I start my meltdown early tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

post a pic of what sandwich you're eating

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Ummm never mind. :ninja:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

still interested in sammy pics

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/SNstats/status/859940936679391232

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Cartoon Man posted:

How about now

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yup

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Holtby has been real bad this playoffs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fuckthepensfuckthecapsfucktherefsandtheirbullshitfuckeverything

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:rip: Caps

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pens / Oilers finals gonna own. Can't wait for the Pens to go back to back.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

they never scored enough

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lol the caps are going to lose a series despite outplaying the other team aren't they

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pens / Oilers finals gonna own. Can't wait for the Pens to go back to back.

ew

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Nick Bonino mvp and best supporting actor

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guentzel owns. This win owned.
How long do concussions last again?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Guentzel owns. This win owned.
How long do concussions last again?

We can only hope niskanen has a chance to finish him off

So he'll have to come back next game cuz this poo poo is ovah

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shyduck posted:

Capitals aren't beating Wilkes-Barre Scranton.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Don't worry, the Pens were up 3-1 last year too and the Caps ended up winning Game 5.

Just, uh, don't look up what happened after that game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Disband the Capitals

they are legally not allowed to beat the Penguins

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Eh. His real bad is still pretty ok. They aren't losing because of (their) goaltending. They can't loving score. You aren't going to win a playoff series where you only score 3 goals in a single game.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Aside from the clincher game against Toronto he's been noticeable sub par for how few shots he's face in some games especially. I think if this series is ending the way it's looking like it will it in particular is going to be one he'd sooner forget in his career. MAF can no doubt relate like ummmm say...vs. Philly 2012 where the guy on the other end was the eminently beatable and sub par himself Bryzgalov. Now it's also looking like it was no anomaly that they struggled against the wild card team that just barely made the last spot on account of it's phenom rookies clutch play.

Kale fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 4, 2017

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

wow that was an incredibly lucky and important win for the pens

there's a lot of the things the pens did poorly, but holy poo poo they have to start putting more pressure on the caps through the neutral zone and especially in their own zone. it's mind boggling to me how much they back off and give the caps room to cycle

also i am probably going to keep saying this until it happens -- i would not mind seeing ruhwedel or streit sub in for maybe maatta or hainsey

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Reminder that we live in a world where Marc-Andre Fleury is the Pens' Conn Smythe candidate by far and also Donald Trump is president.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

wow that was an incredibly lucky and important win for the pens

there's a lot of the things the pens did poorly, but holy poo poo they have to start putting more pressure on the caps through the neutral zone and especially in their own zone. it's mind boggling to me how much they back off and give the caps room to cycle

also i am probably going to keep saying this until it happens -- i would not mind seeing ruhwedel or streit sub in for maybe maatta or hainsey

Hainsey is killing me out there. He just panics with every puck. He's supposed to be a vet not a turnover machine.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Reminder that we live in a world where Marc-Andre Fleury is the Pens' Conn Smythe candidate by far and also Donald Trump is president.

Truly the darkest of times.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

Hainsey is killing me out there. He just panics with every puck. He's supposed to be a vet not a turnover machine.

led his team in ice time :lol:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Man game 5 will be ugly if we don't have Sid though. Even if Maf stays in god mode it's gonna be hard to keep the dam from bursting forever.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I can't wait for the meltdowns from the Oshie penalty at the end

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

Man game 5 will be ugly if we don't have Sid though. Even if Maf stays in god mode it's gonna be hard to keep the dam from bursting forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0LrJ5vh0pU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm thinking I should lay some money on the Browns...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Goddamn penguins fans are annoying on twitter right now.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yeah I know but holy gently caress. I think even Montreal had more chances in that series than the Pens just did in this last game.

It's not like they can even do that much more though. I mean they can play better than this for sure but the Caps are clearly the better team by far with Sid/Tang/Sheary out. They're arguably better even with those guys in. But luckily the playoffs are bullshit and the Pens are finding a way.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

myron cope posted:

the best part is that even with the oshie call, the caps still netted out ahead because the refs missed the obvious double minor high stick on jake'n'bake

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

lol the caps are going to lose a series despite outplaying the other team aren't they

I would say you need to update your definition of outplaying.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

myron cope posted:

Oh yeah, the new controversy. I can see it now:
"What a Emmy hack job refs are idiots moron stupid"
"But you see this jpg of Geuntzels face wherein the non call high stick"
"well then it would have been evened up at least with an embellishment and a high sticking"
*random pens fan posts super slowmo gif of Orlov kicking it into his own net.*

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah I know but holy gently caress. I think even Montreal had more chances in that series than the Pens just did in this last game.

It's not like they can even do that much more though. I mean they can play better than this for sure but the Caps are clearly the better team by far with Sid/Tang/Sheary out. They're arguably better even with those guys in. But luckily the playoffs are bullshit and the Pens are finding a way.

Maybe just a couple more. Montreal was very bad. Washington is a team that can tell you about massively outplaying the opposition and still losing.

I think before Crosby went out Pittsburgh was far and away the better team, and it was only when they had a lead that the play went the other way for extended periods.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jordan7hm posted:

Maybe just a couple more. Montreal was very bad. Washington is a team that can tell you about massively outplaying the opposition and still losing.

I think before Crosby went out Pittsburgh was far and away the better team, and it was only when they had a lead that the play went the other way for extended periods.

Maybe. In the only game the Caps had a lead the shot attempts were a lot closer and that was with Sid going down early. The Pens also usually suck on the road so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

The Pens dominated that Halak team in a similar fashion and also got owned. iirc Subban was great that series too even though he was a rookie.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Jordan7hm posted:

Eh. His real bad is still pretty ok. They aren't losing because of (their) goaltending. They can't loving score. You aren't going to win a playoff series where you only score 3 goals in a single game.

His average over the whole playoffs is 914, against the pens I'd bet it's sub 900, that's bad. MAF has stood on his head so can't really blame the caps too much for not scoring. It's certainly not for lack of effort.

myron cope posted:

It was a good call tho

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I think you can blame score effects for game one, but game two was played all in our end even when tied https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/858502826703695872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Kalenn Istarion posted:

His average over the whole playoffs is 914, against the pens I'd bet it's sub 900, that's bad. MAF has stood on his head so can't really blame the caps too much for not scoring. It's certainly not for lack of effort.

when you dont score on MAF, you blame the forwards. MAF is a goalie to be scored upon.

• Locked thread