Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Azura, Camilla are the new people out. I would usually call foul on this, but this mission is essentially a grind map. Enemy stats aren't crazy, the debuffs put no pressure, and there's no time constraint of any kind.

It's pretty chill, which is rare in Conquest.

I came down the mountain to gather bugs for my collection, but now I'm lost...
Hm? What's going on over there? I thought I heard a ruckus, but wow, that's a lot of people. Hmm... HMM...
Ah! That lady looks nice. I'll ask her for directions back up the mountain. I may have a horrible sense of direction, but I'm a great judge of character!

PSkill: Collector-Luck% chance of obtaining 3 Minerals or Foodstuffs after moving up to the 7th Turn

Keaton is basically a tank Kaden, sacrificing incredible speed for power and physical defense. At least Keaton has a good PSkill for forging and meals.

PSkill: Pragmatic-When enemy’s HP is not full, damage +3 and damage received -1 during the battle

Brynhildr-E rank, 10 might, 80 hit, 5 avoid, Critical Avoid +10; Skill% chance of halving the enemy’s Magic

Leo is...a tank of sorts? He doesn't have nearly enough defense to be a true tank, but he's got enough resistance to battle mages all day. Brynhildr is a silver weapon with no downside, so that's cool. Otherwise, I think Odin might be even or better when he promotes.

So there's four Shrine Maidens on the map, with three that covers half the map. One is a useless Silence, and the other two can be baited with no aggro from the enemies triggered so you can literally just sit tight and make them waste charges.

Leo is going to chill at the top to waste some Silence charges, while Keaton gets attacked immediately by some archers.

It's fine, though. His stats are good enough to survive a few hits. His AI will run straight for Corrine to try and talk to her.

WHAA! Wh-why does that man have a tail?!
Wow, really? That's really how you're gonna play this? I thought you looked like a nice lady, but you clearly have issues...
For the record, I am NOT a man with a tail. I'm a wolfskin, and proud of it.
Wolfskin? Sorry, but what's that?
Seriously? Have you been living in isolation your whole life or what?
Actually...
As a wolfskin, I can transform into a wolf by using a beaststone. Pretty killer, eh?
Wow, it really is! Sorry, I've lived a rather...sheltered life. I hope I didn't offend you. May I ask what you're doing here?

How did you even get in here, are you here just because Conquest needed to match Keaton being in Birthright

I was thinking maybe...ya know...you could help a fella out?
Ah, so that's why you called out to me. You're lost, poor thing.
No! No... I mean...maybe. I'm maybe just a little lost. but mostly not lost at all. It's complicated.
Sorry, but I actually don't know this area, much less the way back to your home.
Oh, I see. well, whatever. I can manage on my own. I'll be fine...

You seem like you'd be a great ally. What do you say?
Join your group...
Hmm... Well, I could find my way home anytime I wanted. Let's get that clear. But if you really think I'd be helpful, I can't very well turn you down.
Ha, your tail is wagging! Does that mean you're happy right now? Happy to join us?
My tail is NOT wagging! It's not! Got it?!
Anyway, I guess it's settled. Nice to know ya! The name's Keaton. As a token of our new friendship, I'd like you to have this treasure I came across.
It's a...hair ball...?!

No need to thank me.
As my new pal, I'm entrusting this gem to you. You better take good care of it, or else!
Thanks... I'll do that.

Somehow things got weirder and ickier than Odin and Niles.

Beruka baited out the Sky Knights, which gives open season for Charlotte and Effie to whoop their asses.

The Samurais move up some space after tickling Effie's armor, but no big deal.

Peri will try to get a lot of wins to gain levels, but the process is a bit more difficult with no Azura to double her kill count.

89 accuracy even without Gamble is annoying. Most Conquest units are bizarrely inaccurate outside of Beruka and Laslow. Jakob is the only other character with 20 skill but he ain't seeing the light ever.

Watch out for these Samurai, as they have Pass and can unexpectedly gank Elise if you're not paying attention to the skills.

Laslow gets some good chip damage against the samurai, becoming essentially Saizo without the suicidal PSkill.

Speaking of skill....

After Laslow cleans up the remaining batch of enemies, I split up the team for north and south. South is basically just the knights and a couple other characters, while the rest of the party go up north to handle the Oni Savages.

These guys are just going to waste the Enfeeble/Freeze Charges. Like I said before, it's really unlike Conquest to have completely safe zones for the debuff staves to target on.

That 12 skill is going to cost me one day. I have a 55% growth on that, just not hitting.

Some more choppy choppy from the murder girls. Peri gets to level 12 for +STR/SKL/RES

The top area gets cleaned up and Niles does the same for the treasure chest, picking up a Seraph Robe.

Just keep getting the important stats, maybe hit defense every other time.

Well, she's decent in both strength and speed now.

After many turns, the southern area is clear of debuffers.

If you reach around the 3/4th's mark of the map, reinforcements appear from the left. Both are paired-up units with Kinshi Knights in tow.

Keaton is there to bust up the Pike-Ruin guy, because that weapon destroys lance users.

The worst mistake any unit, let alone a Sky Knight, can make is attacking Effie with Keaton's support.

I can't tell if 12 strength is considered average or beyond good for Niles. Funny how a unit worse than Setsuna is considered MVP in Conquest.

Wow, defense!

Seriously, 19 skill? I guess it's because she's an assassin and they're precise...?

Go go Keaton

Corrine putting that new Levin Sword to good use. Having another mage on the team is great now that Corrine's offense has far surpassed her defensive abilities (Especially since Jakob with his excellent PSkill gone).

As I hope you noticed, Keaton being anti-beast is much better on Conquest because Sky Knights count as beasts. Kaden's biggest problem was that Wyvern enemies were common and not beasts, limiting his usefulness.

The top area is mostly cleared except for the boss island, as the southern forces start to converge back with the main army.

Laslow, please gain some speed. It's embarrassing for a ninja to not be able to double less than half the enemies.

Alright, what's this boss island I mentioned?

For whatever reason, Kumagera expects Leo to solo through the map and then get trapped with him. He's decently dangerous with Darting Blow and Certain Blow.

That Priestess next to him has Entrap, so anyone teleported will be pelted by him and that archer.

10k gold, which is great because I am broke after buying all those weapons.

Really not that much different than Leo.

Overall, decent gains for Peri's catch-up. She falls more on the Selena school of speedy multi-hitter than hard hitter.

Yeah, Charlotte will do it. Why not.

Yeach. But the math works out on the guard stance so Charlotte can survive the next round.

Wait, why did he switch to the mace when he had weapon advantage before? :psyduck:

This is the last break in map difficulty for a long while.

Class and character overview

Wolfskin

Pair-up Bonus: +3 STR/SPD
Weapon rank: Beaststone (B)

Skills: (lvl 1) Odd Shaped-During odd-numbered Turns, damage +4
(lvl 10) Beastbane-When user is a Wolfskin or Kitsune, their attacks are effective against Beast units

Basically the same as Kitsune, except their attack boost is on odd turns. They're also more defensive-focused, and in general are more useful on Conquest because Sky Knights count as beasts.

Dark Knight

Pair-up Bonus: +3 MAG/DEF, +1 MOV
Weapon rank: Tomes (A), Swords (B)

Skills: (lvl 5) Seal Magic-After battle, enemy’s Magic -6
(lvl 15) Lifetaker-When user triggers the battle, recover 50% HP after defeating the enemy

Dark Knights are slightly better in Fates because Nosferatu was heavily nerfed. Good pair-up bonus, decent weapon spread, skills are okay.

Keaton

Class sets: Starts as Wolfskin, Fighter
PSkill: Collector-Luck% chance of obtaining 3 Minerals or Foodstuffs after moving up to the 7th Turn

Growth Rates
HP: 80
STR: 80
MAG: 0
SKL: 25
SPD: 50
LCK: 35
DEF: 60
RES: 25

Keaton is some terrifying hybrid of Effie and Benny, trading in javelins for the ability to be neutral on all weapons and almost instant-kill Sky Knights and cavalier classes. The only big flaw is his horrific skill rating, but no one else remotely needs a Secret Book so he'll be fine.

Leo

Class sets: Starts as Dark Mage, Troubadour
PSkill: Pragmatic-When enemy’s HP is not full, damage +3 and damage received -1 during the battle

Growth Rates
HP: 45
STR: 35
MAG: 75
SKL: 35
SPD: 55
LCK: 45
DEF: 35
RES: 55

Oh boy. As Takumi's opposite for Conquest, he's really...mediocre. His base stats are disappointing, his growths are shaky outside of being a super anti-mage which who cares because I have like three of them, and his PSkill makes him more of a finisher. Except everyone is a good finisher. I guess Camilla was considered too good so they had to let you down a bit.

Tae fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

PassingPie posted:

Was that the same song she was always singing in Birthright?
It's a different verse and also sung in a different key and with different instrumentation. I really like this cutscene's song!

e: you have "Keaton is a tank Keaton" instead of Kaden up there

theshim fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 4, 2017

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

theshim posted:

It's a different verse and also sung in a different key and with different instrumentation. I really like this cutscene's song!

While the bits surrounding this cutscene are bad, the cutscene itself is good and honestly better than the one in Birthright thanks to the livelier version of the song and the nicer dress

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just gonna get it out there and say that I'm not a fan of Keaton werewolf transformation.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I appreciate that Dark Knight horses wear the same silly skull head armor as their riders.

theshim
May 1, 2012

And now we have Leo, the Worst Royal with The Worst Royal Weapon. Brynhildr's good and all, but it's nowhere close to the Fujin Yumi or the swords. And Leo is a huge letdown, he's mediocre as all hell.

We also have Keaton, who's a solid offtank if you need one. His voice line when you recruit him is fun too. "I'm Keaton. Your superior." He's a silly and fun dude in this game of horribly thick characters.

I also want to draw attention to Benny's battle portrait when he's winning.

It is Good.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

theshim posted:

And now we have Leo, the Worst Royal with The Worst Royal Weapon. Brynhildr's good and all, but it's nowhere close to the Fujin Yumi or the swords. And Leo is a huge letdown, he's mediocre as all hell.

Honestly Leo and Brynhildr are probably at the level the other royals should be. Having a Silver Bow with no downsides and Acrobat in the game where bows were buffed to hit as hard as axes is dumb, and Raijinto is basically the best sword in the game with its +4 strength on top of it being a sliver+.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

As I hope you noticed, Keaton being anti-beast is much better on Conquest because Sky Knights count as beasts. Keaton's biggest problem was that Wyvern enemies were common and not beasts, limiting his usefulness.

Kaden?

theshim posted:

Yet it's still more than all the girls got. :yum:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tae posted:

The top area is mostly cleared except for the boss island, as the southern forces start to converge back with the main army.

[img]ht

Looks like part of the update got cut off at the end here.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

RareAcumen posted:

Actually, I prefer the aura passives the two Nohr ladies have to the weapons of the Nohr gentlemen. Both provide hefty bonuses, and both are very mobile.

In fact, all of the Nohr siblings are mobile, which is an excellent feature.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Kaden?

I wouldn't object to Camilla becoming even more terrifying of a unit.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Yeah that offscreen execution of Scarlet ain't even gonna be the dumbest death we see involving her.

Everytime the avatar says or does something stupid in Conquest, take a shot.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

Yeah that offscreen execution of Scarlet ain't even gonna be the dumbest death we see involving her.

Even dying of alcohol poisoning won't make this game's story look good.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Even dying of alcohol poisoning won't make this game's story look good.

How about crack overdose then?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Update fixed. I dunno what happened that deleted half of it.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

I dunno. I paired Leo and Xander on every map as an unbreakable wall. Gave Xander A+ with Leo for Lifetaker to survive forever. Held the line against everything forever.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I kinda wish the royals didn't have their weapons. It makes some severe luck seem lackluster. My Hana has better stats than Ryoma if not for that sword.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

LEGO Genetics posted:

You say that like they only do this in Conquest.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Who even has the kind of power necessary to curse Father with a song?
I don't know, but I intend to find out. She's most certainly with the Hoshidans. We'll all be in a world of hurt if she shows up again. She must be stopped.
I'm not convinced she was Hoshidan... I have a strange feeling that...

Is Corrine dumb or not? Who knows? It flips between every five lines.

*Garon, Iago, and Hans appear*

Father? How are you feeling?
I'm fine, my daughter. I have a new task for you.

WHAT?! Y-you can't be serious! It was the Hoshidans who attacked us. The other performers are innocent!

"How can you ask such an evil thing, murder king daddy??"

Foolish girl. This is the only way to keep our royal family safe. Perhaps if you had caught the guilty party, the others could have been spared. But we must destroy anyone who might pose a threat to the Nohrian throne. As I said, rebellions are like seeds, and we must salt the earth before they sprout. You've seen many battles by now. Surely you've at least learned that much.
But Father! I won't—
Consider it done, my king.
Leave it to us, Your Majesty.
Iago, Hans. I look forward to hearing good news of Corrine's efforts.

*Iago and Hans leave*

Father, I tried to bring this up earlier, but now it simply can't wait.
You keep ordering me to take lives of innocent people. Why? If we showed mercy and tried to talk things out instead, no one would have to die. Even if we manage to win the war this way, people will lose faith in our kingdom. That's hardly even winning...
Lose faith? Are you a princess or a saint, foolish child? After what you did in Cheve, I'm shocked to hear such a moralistic complaint.
It's true... I didn't stop Hans in Cheve, as much as I wanted to. But what happened there tortures me, Father. It's no way to solve a conflict. Killing innocent people for our own benefit...for selfish glory and control...

HE'S EVIL JESUS CHRIST

You finally understand, though you still fight it. I desire only to rule Hoshido. I, and those who follow me, will do whatever it takes to achieve that. I don't care if the peons that fill our towns don’t trust us. They are nothing to me. Those who disobey will die. The rest will quickly learn.
!!
Corrine, that's enough. Let's go.
Father, Corrine is clearly exhausted from her travels and our recent battle. Please forgive her rude remarks. She doesn't truly feel that way.
That's not true, Leo!
I said that's enough! Let's go. NOW.

*Leo drags Corrine away*

Yes, that is the one consistent thing with her

Leo, you heard the awful things he said. You don't agree with him...right? You can't agree that it's acceptable to kill innocent people for our own benefit!
Of course I don't.
Why do you think I helped you save Kaze and Rinkah? But just because we disagree doesn't mean we can openly disobey Father. If you do, one of these days he'll overreact a have you killed on the spot. Trust me, Sister. It's best to just stay silent and follow orders.
That's what Camilla said...

I am certain Xander and Elise would tell you the same thing.
I see. I know that's how you and the others have been forced to live all these years... I understand your perspective, but I simply can't carry out the orders Father just gave. I refuse to harm the innocent. All I want to do is protect them—to protect everyone.

Wait, you can't just move the goalposts from civilians to everyone

As I said, we must follow Father's orders...or at least appear to follow them.
What do you mean?

...He literally just said two seconds ago "Why do you think I helped you save Kaze and Rinkah?"

Listen well. We may not be able to openly disobey him, but we're not powerless. Us royal siblings have made an art of appearing to be good little soldiers... All while secretly manipulating things for the better from behind the scenes.

Leo... I'm impressed. But isn't it dangerous to go behind Father's back all the time?

It is smarter than openly going up to Garon and asking for the billionth time "are you EVIL? I'm not sure!"

Sometimes the righteous path is the most treacherous one to walk.
Listen up. start searching in unlikely places to give the performers time to escape. If our soldiers catch any of them, I'll step in and insist on killing them myself. I can't promise we'll be able to save them all, but that's the best I can do.
Leo... Thank you. I'm sorry I doubted you, even if just for a moment.
Heh, no worries. But don't think I'm doing this for you! You know how whiny Camilla and Elise get when you're unhappy. No one wants that. Besides, doing things like this is exciting. It's not like I'm a hero or anything.

*Leo's tome starts glowing*

And so is your Yato... What's going on?!
Could it be? Is this the transformation the Rainbow Sage spoke of...?
WHOA!!

Yep, the Yato upgraded after a random battle with Hoshido.

This must be the Grim Yato the rainbow Sage told me about.

I still can't believe it's called the Grim Yato.

Grim Yato... what are you talking about?! Did I miss something?
In Notre Sagesse, I sought out the Rainbow Sage as Xander suggested. The Sage said I would soon join forces with another hero of Nohr... And when I did, that my Yato would evolve into the Grim Yato.
The Sage said that? Incredible. Does that mean...I'm that Nohrian hero?
That's the only explanation. There's some sort of otherworldly connection between our weapons. The sage also said my sword is fated to become the true Seal of Flames. That's all he was able to tell me.
The Seal of Flames...

Oh, you need time? I have a dragon buddy that literally slows time down in her pocket dimension...oh, no? Okay fine.

Iago and Hans might have already captured some of the singers. I'll leave you here. Promise not to challenge Father while I'm gone.
I mean that, Sister. Your life depends on it.

Grim Yato is the exact same stat-wise as the Noble Yato, except it gives +2 DEF/RES instead of STR/SPD. Sucks for you if you chose a -DEF/RES bane, I guess.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Is it me or does Leo appear to be one of the only characters with a brain?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No, he pretty much is. This is also why the conquest manga made him the protagonist, I'm pretty sure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, Leo's whole thing is being the tactician of the group.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I mean grim yato isnt too horrible a name. Grim isnt necessarily evil(think grim determination) and it kind of fits the nohr = dark/hoshido = light (blazing yato) thing the game has going.

That said corrine's wildly swinging intelligence never fails to amuse. Someone was paid to write that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

That said corrine's wildly swinging intelligence never fails to amuse. Someone was paid to write that.
And then more people were paid to edit and approve the script.

Endorph posted:

No, he pretty much is. This is also why the conquest manga made him the protagonist, I'm pretty sure.
Is that manga really focusing on Conquest or is it focusing on Birthright? I've heard both answers, so I'm not really sure.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Is it me or does Leo appear to be one of the only characters with a brain?

There's a reason he's the most popular Fates male

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

And now having had this discussion with Leo about pretending to be an obedient little soldier while defying Garon in secret, I fully expect Corrine to forget about it the next time Garon orders her to do something evil.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

A villain mean and rough
Leo only seems weak because every other royal is that goddamn good and he is relatively balanced. Having his Brynhildr compared to Siegfried, Raijinto and Fujin Yumi makes it more obvious. Of course, Hinoka had similar balanced growth rates and no unique weapon, but her PSkill l is arguably more useful.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'd play a game with Leo as the protagonist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Is that manga really focusing on Conquest or is it focusing on Birthright? I've heard both answers, so I'm not really sure.
it's a mix of both

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Being mysterious in the descriptions does not work when you show the location in the background.

It's no use. I just can't fall asleep. First the incident in Cheve, now the hunt for those singers... The thought of attacking innocent people hurts my heart. I wonder if I did the right thing. Is it even possible to change things from the inside?

It has been nine chapters since the Decision. Nine.

But no, Xander and the rest... I love them so much. I could never betray them. *SIGH* I feel like I don't know anything anymore.
Hm? Is that...Azura?

*Azura is spotted in the distance*

That's Azura all right... I wonder where she's going. Maybe I'll feel better if I talk to her about our decision to side with Nohr.

Fighting the Hoshidan siblings she grew up with... It can't be easy. I bet it would benefit both of us to talk all this through.

*Corrine walks to where Azura went*

*Azura's singing is heard*

Th-that song! It's just like the one that performer sang in Nestra. The one that cursed Father...

So...you recognized the song. The song she literally sang before, the one sang in multiple times in cutscenes. But NOW you put two and two together. I...are people taking turns writing each chapter with vague summaries?

THAT SEEMS LIKE CRAZY TALK

N-no, it can't be. That's insane. I need to find Azura right now.
There she is... Azura!

Is she taking a bath? No, it can't be that. She's fully clothed... What is she—

She's gone! Gods, she's not coming back up... Don't tell me she's...

Really, now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaerKq1-cEQ

*Corrine runs toward the water light*

Ah yes, I can see how you can mistake that for drowning.

Corrine is now guest starring in Finding Nemo

Conquest is already exploring more about the alt worlds than Birthright ever did.

Like this. None of this was ever mentioned.

Tell me...

Why did you try to curse daddy?
Because he's evil
That is...still up for debate.

You shouldn't be here, Corrine. Go back while you still can.
Go back? What do you mean? Where are we?

*An Invisible soldier appears*

Corrine, watch out!

Who is this person? Why is he attacking me?!
This is bad... We need to get out of here, Corrine! That thing attacking you may look human, but it's only a monster now. It feels no emotion. It can't love or even communicate. A soulless killing machine.

These scenes realy ignore the fact that you can have kids and fight these things as if you have knowledge about them already.

But Azura... There's nowhere to run!

What?! Oh no... The path has closed. That means we'll have to fight our way through.

After 1.5 games, she will finally goddamn talk!

And Gunter is alive! Wait what

HUH?! It...it can't be...
GUNTER!! Is that really you? You're not a ghost...are you?
It is I, milady, in the flesh. And I won't tolerate being called a ghost. I saw that the two of you were in trouble, so I've come to help.
I'm so happy to see you alive and well, Gunter!
It's unbelievable! I don't understand, though... Why are you here?

Valid point!
I'm so glad to have you fighting by my side again, Gunter...

So this mission is locked to three characters: Corrine, Azura, and newly re-discovered Gunter. There's an entire gimmick revolving around this for the next update.

PSkill: Forceful Partner-If the Avatar is the lead unit, Avatar’s Hit rate +15, damage +3

10 speed is horrific, and 17 strength is also pretty low for someone that is 10 levels away from the cap. A reminder of his growths

Growth Rates
HP: 65
STR: 25
SKL: 15
SPD: 5
LCK: 20
DEF: 25
RES: 0

He's stuck with those stats if you ever manage to level him up when most of the party aren't ready to promote. I don't even know how he got 24 skill. The only thing making him useful is being fed a lot of tonics and tanking this map.

Tae fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 4, 2017

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tae posted:

PSkill: Forceful Partner-If the Avatar is the lead unit, Avatar’s Hit rate +15, damage +3

10 speed is horrific, and 17 strength is also pretty slow for someone that is 10 levels away from the cap. A reminder of his growths

Growth Rates
HP: 65
STR: 25
SKL: 15
SPD: 5
LCK: 20
DEF: 25
RES: 0

He's stuck with those stats if you ever manage to level him up when most of the party aren't ready to promote. I don't even know how he got 24 skill. The only thing making him useful is being fed a lot of tonics and tanking this map.

The best part of his appearance here is that his stats make no sense from his growth rates. In 7 levels (he was level 3 at the start of the game) he gained:
10 HP
7 strength
9 skill
2 speed
4 luck
10 defense
2 resistance

Also, this is my favorite Conquest map due to it's gimmick.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Gunter's back. Huh. Well, once this is done with I guess we'll see how he's alive. I guess falling down that canyon somehow sends you to another world or something? If so, what would have happend if Lilith hadn't saved Corin? Would Corin have followed Gunter here? Eh, whatever, we'll see in due course I guess.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014

BlazeEmblem posted:

Also, this is my favorite Conquest map due to it's gimmick.

Same here.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

A villain mean and rough

Tae posted:

*Azura's singing is heard*

Th-that song! It's just like the one that performer sang in Nestra. The one that cursed Father...

So...you recognized the song. The song she literally sang before, the one sang in multiple times in cutscenes. But NOW you put two and two together. I...are people taking turns writing each chapter with vague summaries?

THAT SEEMS LIKE CRAZY TALK

HELLO? HELLO? ANYBODY HOME? HEY, THINK MCFLYCORRINE

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BlazeEmblem posted:

The best part of his appearance here is that his stats make no sense from his growth rates. In 7 levels (he was level 3 at the start of the game) he gained:
10 HP
7 strength
9 skill
2 speed
4 luck
10 defense
2 resistance

If we assume he found stat boosting items to make up for the difference in levels (and the fact that his Resistance growth is 0), that means at the bare minimum he's come across a Seraph Robe, a Secret Book, two Dracoshields, and a Talisman since we were separated from him.

... Yo, what the hell man?! You couldn't save those for a party member who could actually use them? :argh:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
As useless as Gunther is, I still like his character. Part of me wishes he were an Oifey instead of a Jagen.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Gunter is a pretty bad unit and I have no idea why they give you your Jagen in the middle of the game. Marry Corrine to him.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And now Gunter is inexplicably back from the dead. Quick, check to see if he's been infected with Uroboros!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gunter's really great, actually. If you reclass him to wyvern lord he makes great pair-up fodder for Corrin, and he can use a beast killer or hammer to take out specific enemy types with his insanely high skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

I enjoy Chapter 15. It's good stuff, and it's a decent breather on the heels of 14. These two here are the closest Conquest comes to giving you a breather.

• Locked thread